[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So the Marvel NOW preview book drops on Wed. Hopes? Expectations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 19
So the Marvel NOW preview book drops on Wed. Hopes? Expectations? Disappointments?

Fingers crossed they all get leaked tomorrow
>>
>>84404669
We need to summon scanbro today. Fucking Rich Johnston is gonna make a mockery of the fandom like last year if scanbro doesn't leak it all in one go.

Scanbroooo we need you, save us from that piece of shit.
>>
My exproration is that it will utter garbage but still outsell DC because the average comic buyer are tasteless hacks
>>
>>84404819
>Fucking Rich Johnston is gonna make a mockery of the fandom like last year
God, that was so tedious, constantly updating every half hour with another book announcement.
>>
>>84404669
Hopes
>Rightclops book
>Ms Marvel writer doesn't change
>Bendis leaves GOTG

Expectations
>Shitty Bendis books(already happened)
>Wasteful Lemire team books when he should be writing solo titles
>Spencer shitty Cap books

Disappointments
>Everything
>>
Will Hope ever be relevant again?
>>
>>84405116
Nah years later from now in a dark hawk way.
>>
>>84405097
>Rightclops book
If it was going to happen, it would've been anounced already via EW or whatever shill Marvel has.
Now, you should pay attention to any X-men preview with "classified" covers. Those are more likely to have him.
>>
There will be good, there will be bad, there will be ok. /co/ will hate it all because there are books that don't start straight cis white men.

>>84404819
>>84404879

the fucks up were great though
>>
>>84404819
>>84404879
Who's this guy and what did he do?
>>
>>84405149
Oh no.
>>
>>84405213

he runs bleedingcool dot com which is the most tabloid of the comic news sites
>>
>>84405097
>Ms Marvel writer doesn't change

She has special privileges with Kamala so I doubt she'll leave. She overlooks every appearance Kamala makes and gets final say on it all.

>Bendis leaves GOTG
Confirmed to be staying. Sorry.
>>
>>84405213
"editor" of bleeding cool, a comic gossip site who gets his info and tips from 4chan, and his leaks from Scanbro. Unfortunately, this put SB on the spotlight, and now he doesnt want to leak anything so Rich wont gets the clicks and the moneyz
>>
>>84405182

Midnighter was arguably one of /co/'s top five most loved books last year.

We love Kamala and Totally Awesome Hulk here, and SJW Green Arrow is probably one of the best received Rebirth books here with Blue Beetle and New Superman being two of the books we're most excited for.

Race is just an easy target for us to shitpost about. The problem is most of Marvel's books are dogshit right now.
>>
>Viv
Seeing one of Visions murder babies in a team book is cool.
>>
>>84404669

>Viv lives
>Vin dies

NOT OKAY
>>
>>84405097
Bendis is staying on the guardians and they are staying on earth
>>
>>84405262
Yeah, so Scanbro is an awesome guy who leaks comics early, but Rich Johnson keeps swooping in and posting them all over BleedingCool. This caught the attention of Marvel and now they're starting to crack down. Scanbro now lays low because Rich keeps posting all the shit he posts like an hour after he does it.

Rich is a bitch.
>>
>>84405866
>>84406165
Wait, didn't the narration say that Viv dies at the end of the story?
>>
File: 1466123919327.jpg (11 KB, 206x220) Image search: [Google]
1466123919327.jpg
11 KB, 206x220
>>84406399

>they are staying on earth

Fuck everything
>>
>>84406516
I can't think of a better way to show how utterly a failure the new GotG line is. Instead of using the wealth of cosmic characters out there, they just riff off the movie and come up with really basic scenarios. For fuck's sakes, they blew up the Kree Homeworld! There are now no memorable planets outside Earth in the Marvel U now. (Spartax doesn't count because nobody cares about Spartax)
>>
>>84406516
Why would Guardians of the FUCKING GALAXY ever be on Earth for more than an issue or 2?
Why is Bendis such a fucking faggot?
>>
>>84406584
they can't be aprt of the neato crossovers and events if they're in space, silly
>>
>>84406568
I think a few people remember Xandar from the movie, but nobody bothered seeing what Novas can actually do.
>>
>>84406584
Hell, how are the Guardians stranded on Earth? It's not like getting into Space is that hard to do in the Marvel Universe. Carol Danvers still has a fucking space station!
>>
>>84406467
scanbro should watermark his scans with "rich johnson's a fucking faggot"
>>
>>84406487
It was definitely going to be a case of everyone dying but the Vision (Viv was confirmed from the narration) but some writers thought it'd be a pity to not use her so they just plan to retcon that foreshadowing or reverse her death instantly.
>>
>>84406608
>they can't be aprt of the neato crossovers and events if they're in space, silly
I hate Marvel they're completely dead to me, the company has become a joke.
>>
>>84406614
>Carol Danvers still has a fucking space station!

Not for long! Relaunch with a new direction and creative team coming 2017!
>>
>>84406642
Actually a good idea
>>
>>84404819
Raise our hands up give Scan bro our energy
>>
>>84406487

I didn't think it specified which of the Visions would be alive/dead, just that one was specified to be a hero and another a villain with the rest dead.

Of course, instead of Vision is evil and one of his kids is good, it could obviously be what >>84406667 is saying.
>>
>>84406672
new creative team but isn't she still going to be on the space station?
>>
>>84406667
Does that mean Victor might not die?
>>
File: marvelvsstarwars-625x414.png (43 KB, 440x291) Image search: [Google]
marvelvsstarwars-625x414.png
43 KB, 440x291
>>84406671
I'm waiting til they pull this out of their ass.
>>
>>84406614
>>84406568
>>84406584
>>84406672

I hate Bendis.

I hate movie synergy.

I especially hate summer events.

Fucking hell, I just want good space adventure comics. The GoTG was good, but the MCU's a seperate continuity for a reason.

Goddamn, at least let Bendis' reign end already, he's stretched out into fucking everything now.
>>
>>84406795
Who knows? Maybe the book ends with Vision just doing a big old memory wipe of them "killing" their current selves and starting from square one but with more safety locks in place to prevent the same thing from happening again.
>>
>>84406786
No she's gonna be a household name
Who hasn't had a single run since a man wrote her go past issue 19
>>
File: 3468224-4791899094-tumbl.jpg (620 KB, 927x1056) Image search: [Google]
3468224-4791899094-tumbl.jpg
620 KB, 927x1056
I hate Bendis with a fucking passion. I hate everything he writes. I hate the fact he ruined my Venom. I hate "Klyntar". I hate how they shoved Venom on GoTG as a background character.

If they don't give Venom an ongoing again and fix all this shit I'm going to boycott Marvel.
>>
>>84406911
But he DOES have an ongoing.

Venom: Space Knight.
>>
>>84406911
The Klyntar idea is great, Bendis just sucks at execution
>>
File: Vision #4 (2016) - Page 13.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Vision #4 (2016) - Page 13.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>84406774

>Though she did not live as long as she might have
>>
>>84406911
>If they don't give Venom an ongoing again and fix all this shit I'm going to boycott Marvel.
You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>84406966
>>84407003
I mean a street level book. That space shit does NOT suit Venom at all.
>>
>>84406813
I hope that when Dr. Strange happens, they retcon the Ancient One into a white woman.
>>
>>84407024
>Space doesn't suit the alien
Wut?
>>
File: 1.jpg (345 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
345 KB, 1080x1920
Just give me a symbiote book. That's all I care about.

If I'm really lucky, carnage won't end.
>>
>>84407024
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Sony puts out a Venom trilogy tied to the MCU and we get Venom back to his good ol self.
>>
>>84406979

Oh yeah, that's why I thought it was Vin.

Didn't think Vision would be the only one left standing even though it seems rather obvious, given the ending of The Omega Men.
>>
>>84407064

1. Sick art, Lieber is a beast

2. Carnage is doing really well, unless it has a planned end soon I could see it going on for a bit.
>>
>>84407036
The suit is alien but the entire Venom character isn't suited to be some sort of space cop.
>>
>>84407025
That'd be stupid but at least it isn't trying to pigeonhold a property to try and be like its movie counterpart despite its tonal differences AND Bendis just randomly shoving whatever his favorite character is at the moment on to the team but still keeping them on fucking Earth.

>"LOOK, SEE! IT'S JUST LIKE THE MOVIE."

Bendis doesn't even LIKE cosmic Marvel, why the fuck is he still on it?

>>84407036
Flash Thompson doesn't suit space, anon.
>>
>>84407119
>I haven't read Venom: Space Knight
Fuck off
>>
>>84407143
I have and it sucks dicks you fucking mongoloid. Agent Venom was 100x better than this trash
>>
>>84407177
Space Knight is fifty times better than that Bunn garbage
>>
>>84406642
thats a great idea, anon.
>>
>>84407208
Remender*

and no, you're completely wrong and have 0 taste in comics. Don't @ me.
>>
>>84406809
We'll probably see it in less than 10 years.
>>
>>84406979
there's always the possibility she was reconstructed from scraps, with none of her previous memories like his father at some point. So for all intents and purposes, she "dies".
>>
>>84407242
You're a fucking idiot, Bunn was after Remender and took a giant shit over everything
>>
>>84407295
I know he was you fucking retard but Remender set up the entire character and stories that Bunn took over.
>>
>>84407252
>>84406809

I imagine it's being saved for when it's needed most.

So probably in the next two or three years.

Disney clearly doesn't give a shit since one of the first major things they did with the license was cross it over with Phineas and Ferb.
>>
>>84407336
Right, and Space Knight was fifty times better than that Bunn garbage. What part didn't you fucking get?
>>
>>84407140
You know what my biggest fear is?
Gunn leaves GOTG after 2 New Director does Black Vortex as GOTG 3
>>
>>84407208
Anon now we know you'r baiting Space knight was decent for a few issues, but it end as pure garbage. the Klyntar stuff is just stupid the whole point of Flash is that he fight to keep the symbiote at peace with his own will and now it just this bullshit of people corrupt the Klyntar with the explanation of Deadpoll wearing the suit corrupted with his madness go and leave it to Peter when nobody was looking
>>
>>84407393
I'm not baiting. If I were baiting I'd say the Bendis did a great job with Venom and his GOTG run is GOAT. Weak bait, but it would be bait
>>
>>84407375
Fuck don't scare me, if Gunn does leave (which looks like he might since he didn plan beyond GotG 2) I hope that they at least keep Nicole Perlman as a script writer since she likes the old school Marvel Cosmic stuff.

The new stuff is shit and at least I have some faith in the movie people that they can recognize that.
>>
>>84407367
Bunn's run was still better than the Space Knight trash.
>>
>>84407366
Star Wars vs. Marvel is probably coming a lot sooner than we expect. We're already at Civil War II and Marvel clearly has not though this event through at all. After Marvel has replaced every main hero with a diverse lead, they will need a new gimmick. Enter them merging Star Wars and Marvel into one universe, and making the biggest deal about it.
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.jpg (160 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.jpg
160 KB, 621x621
>>84407375
Why would you scare me like that, anon?

At least I can take solace in the fact Fox is still holding on to those X-Men rights so this can't happen just yet.
>>
>>84407393
Also making the Klyntar all the same, symbiotes shouldn't be an "evil" species, but they also shouldn't be "good" either.

Symbiotes should be shaped by their wearers so we can have interesting characters with a variety of traits and powers they've picked up from their hosts.

Instead we get lol they're like knights venom wuz just broken cuz he went too far away from da magic planet.
>>
>>84407441
Shit taste.
>>
>>84407443
Won't happen. The comics are canon to Star Wars
>>
File: venommo10.jpg (146 KB, 620x953) Image search: [Google]
venommo10.jpg
146 KB, 620x953
>>84407480
Same can be said about you, buddy.
>>
>>84407439
Gunn was a gift.
The problem is when I see all these new fans gobbling up Bendis shit, I worry that we'll get so much more Bendis garbage onscreen.
>>
>>84406786
Yeah, she's still commander of the space station. Only thing that's changing is half the universe hates her now.
>>
>>84407494
That's all just talk. I doubt that there was a time when Chewie, Han and Leia beat Stormtroopers with lightsabers or Han's first wife to stick to canon. The films will contradict the comics at some point, and they'll throw that all out the window.
>>
>>84407581
I feel like the stuff that specifically focuses on Han/Luke/Leia/etc will get contradicted hard with Rogue One but spinoff stuff focusing on minor characters will stay happily canon.

Vader's pretty good too, imo.
>>
>>84407581
Nah, the characters are showing up everywhere. The story group is doing a great job making sure everything is cohesive
>>
>>84406487
It says she dies. Not that she dies at the end of the story.
>>
>>84406979
Considering she's a robot and could live forever that doesn't narrow it down.
>>
>>84407140
The thing that gets me the most is how recycled the whole "the Guardians are captured/in a prison and they are breaking out of it" plot that's part of the first movie keeps getting recycled not just by Bendis (who recently did it again with Angela) but by the GotG cartoon (who has Peter Quill and Cosmo trying to escape from an Earth jail in the most recent episode).

These fuckers just don't know what to do with the franchise.
>>
>>84404669
I want to see Infamous Iron-Man and Dr. Strange.
I really HATED this latest Strange arc and I hope the new book takes a 180.
>>
>>84407780
Sam Humphries Starlord book had him captured 3 times in the first three issues. Rocket Raccoon's second issue involved him in a jailbreak.

You know those comics/cartoons that are based on a movie, but never get past the movie's premise and just repeats the main villain and stays in the same place? That's what the GOTG books feel like right now. I can only imagine what it'll be like when GOTG 2 comes out and they suddenly start using Mantis again.

It's as if they made an Frozen comic and it was just Hans over and over again trying to take over Arendel and Elsa loses control over her powers over and over.
>>
>>84407499
And yet having Venom be a Green Lantern is stupid to you.
>>
>>84407780
Strange enough, the second issue of Zdarsky Howard lampshades the concept, where it actually sets up the entire second arc/book of the series.
>>
Can we go back to talk about the champion book ?

I know everyone hates Tyke for being a Bendis creation but how would you feel if Waid continue with the tradition of "mutant gets robo pussy/dick"
>>
File: GunnGitGcartoon.png (178 KB, 1080x925) Image search: [Google]
GunnGitGcartoon.png
178 KB, 1080x925
>>84407515
The good thing so far is that Gunn said in one of his Q&A videos that he was consulting for non GotG Cosmic Marvel stuff (he didn't go into detail about what that meant though) and that Perlman who is a script writer for Marvel and is co-writing the MCU Captain Marvel script is a fan of old school Cosmic and Giffen-DnA era Cosmic so Marvel Studios seems like they got their shit together.

It's Marvel Entertainment who is fucking up to the point that even Gunn isn't to keen on what they are doing with the modern GotG, like he talks about reading Ultimates and Slott's Silver Surfer but he won't touch Bendis' GotG or really acknowledge it, even say he's not reading it, he also trashed the GotG cartoon's soundtrack, and there's this.

But ME don't know what to do with GotG, even Bendis' GotG isn't selling that great it's just selling normally and it declines badly only to get pushed with relaunches but the non-Bendis Guardian comics have sold badly (but to be fair aside from Guardians 3000 the rest have been shit too).

Casuals buy it because it's funny and it's Guardians but I asked one that goes to my LCS why he likes about Bendis' comic and he just told me that it's funny and this guy couldn’t even explain to me what the point of Black Vortex was about despite having bought the whole event but in his defense that event had no point to it (or lasting consequences).
>>
I just want them to Announce a Venom/Mania book that has to deal with the fallout of Bendis pulling flash in to space and therefore abandoning a recently orphaned girl with violent powers who shares headspace with a demon on earth.

Maybe even actually deal with the fact that Flash never really got over his issues and instead just distracted them away with space adventures.
>>
>>84407859
Like how the MIB cartoon just keep repeating the whole "Lol rookie" shit with Jay over and over ad nauseam (Although that cartoon managed to be good despite of it).

The GotG cartoon is just bad and after GotG vol. 2 I bet that they will make it so Peter is not J'Son's son anymore (despite them going with all the shit Bendis and Humphries established) and recycle vol. 2's plot with even more jailbreaks.

Honestly I gave up on that cartoon after they brought in Angela and made Ship evil and it was clear that the main plot was going nowhere.
>>
>>84408173
Didn't someone claim that there was some Game of Thrones-like shit going on between Feige/Marvel Studios and Perlmutter/Marvel Entertainment?
>>
>>84407734
True, it could have just been put there to throw readers off or as a metacommentary on how legacy characters never stick around for too long.
>>
>>84406979
It is possible that she'll just have her life cut short in another book.
>>
>>84408173
Where does he talk about reading Ultimates?
>>
>>84404669
>Miles is still alive.

For what purpose?
>>
>>84407366
>When they need it most

Nah, that's their back up back up. If things go down the drain they'll pull a Rebirth and if that flops they'll pull this.
>>
>>84408362
Well something happened between those two that caused the seperation from Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment and Perlmutter isn't an easy person to deal with so I guess Feige had enough.

That also caused the Marvel Consulting Committee or whatever the fuck it was called to disband which meant Bendis, Quesada et al are not involved with the Marvel Studio stuff anymore.

Dunno how closely Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment work together but Marvel Studios doesn’t need to go through Marvel Entertainment to do anything or get their approval anymore, which means if they want to do a movie that totally contradicts one of their shows they will do it if Feige is OK with it.
>>
File: GARGAL2015010001-col-b01a0.jpg (376 KB, 900x1367) Image search: [Google]
GARGAL2015010001-col-b01a0.jpg
376 KB, 900x1367
>>84407859
Check out some od the latest images of Bendis' upcoming GotG comic in this interview

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/bendis-guardians-of-the-galaxy-pick-a-civil-war-ii-side-while-grounded-on-earth

Peter Quill is captured yet again!
>>
>>84408704
to replace peter
KILL PETE
>>
>>84408843
I'm shocked right now that people haven't made this an ongoing gag about how bad the comic is.
>>
>>84408843
The amazing thing is we can probably count on one hand the important changes this run has:
>>Introduced Angela
>>Blew up Kree Homeplanet
>>Changed Venom
>>Made Kitty, Iron Man, Carol and Thing Guardians
>>
>>84408787

From what I understand all the Committee was doing was stealing ideas from early drafts. Mostly Bendis.

Bendis is still taking their ideas. He only killed War Machine off because he knew something bad was going to happen to him in the movie.

Hell they're only doing Civil War 2 because of the movie and they did pretty much zero planning on it. And it really shows.
>>
>>84408843

>I'm really trying to be as unique to the characters as I can be with the heavy shadow of the movie and the DnA run. Not imitating either one of those things is the biggest compliment I can give them. I don't think anybody wants that from anybody. So it's fun to defy expectations of what the book should be, and at the same time pleasantly surprise people.

The biggest compliment he can give them is not writing GotG and not aping the prison escape scene over and over.

>Also the most controversial aspect of the title is Peter Quill and Kitty Pryde. That will continue to be controversial. They are the "Will they? Or won't they?" couple of the Marvel Universe; the Sam and Diane; the "Moonlighting." So for people who love to hate that or hate to love it, it will be there for you.

>Also Shadowcat will do the most disgusting thing she's ever done in issue #10. It's the first time on the book where we had a meeting about it. So we'll see what people think of that. [Laughs]

This sounds awful why is he writing this comic? No one cares about Kitty/Peter, also what was the point of Star-Lord Kitty?

What disgusting thing will he make his waifu do?
>>
>>84408940
Like how Bug was in the GOTG during Avengers Assemble and then POOF! Because Bug was in the first draft, but Hasbro threatened to sue.
>>
File: 1416906300463.jpg (197 KB, 908x661) Image search: [Google]
1416906300463.jpg
197 KB, 908x661
>>84406642
>>
>>84408871

Not for the lack of trying.

Quite a few people have pointed out that both runs followed the exact same story structure.
>>
>>84406642
I would cum buckets
>>
>>84408843
Why is Constantine in space?
>>
>>84408977
>No one cares about Kitty/Peter,
I know fangirls who will disagree.

But damn, I hate the relationship.
>>Starlord "Hey Look at me! I'm a retard"
>>Kitty "Pfft! Retard"
THAT'S IT! THAT'S THE ENTIRE RELATIONSHIP!
>>
>>84408940
>>84408987
JFC then it's good no one is letting him behind the scenes anymore.
>>
>>84409037
Damn, now I want to read Space Constantine.
>>
File: s2-jjlaugh_jd-9n.gif (1 MB, 290x156) Image search: [Google]
s2-jjlaugh_jd-9n.gif
1 MB, 290x156
>>84408846
>to replace Peter
>to replace Marvel's most profitable character.
>>
>>84409042
Like 4 or 5 fangirls maybe, remember when Humphries tried to get #StarKat to trend and it had like 20 tweets from the same 4 people, lol no.

Also most Kitty fans that I know hate that pairing.
>>
>>84409037

I was thinking the same thing.

He has that "I'll get out of it" shit eating grin and everything.

I'd read a horror-esque Constantine IN SPACE book. I know it's wrong to say but I'd read the ever loving fucking shit out of it.
>>
>>84408265
Anon, do I got a treat for you...
>>
>>84409058
Now he'll just copy whatever popular show he's watching! Who wants to bet he pulls some Game of Thrones shit?
>>
>>84409078

Even the two times they got rid of him it was with some guy that looked exactly like him.

There's a reason for that. He makes too much money to outright change.

>>84409097

That's great to hear. Beautiful.

Kitty's number one ship is Colossus. It probably always will be too.
>>
>>84409178
The main reason is Marvel thinks Spider-Man is the reason the character is profitable. When in reality it's Peter that makes the character interesting. Judging the state of their Pete comics, it shows they have no idea that's the case.
>>
>>84408843
I like how he's asked about Sera and he proceeds to not talk about her and just talks about Angela, my guess is that he will make Angela breaks up with Sera off panel and continue to flirt with Gamora in the most weird and stunted way and the proceed to not have them be gay together in the end.

I also like how he brought up the movies and DnA like "I don't want to be like them tou guys, I am doing my own thing" but fails to acknowledge that his GotG stuff is just pure shit and if it was good he wouldn't get compared to them a lot.
>>
>>84408704
Miles himself really isn't bad his stories are trash however.
>>
>>84409097
There's a Kitty fan that did an entire essay about why StarKat was awful.
>>
>>84409283

They think this in general though.

As quite a few have stated in the last few days Marvel's entire thesis is that the characters were more than the suit. They had personal drama and it pushed the evolution of cape comics into more soap-opera territories because of that.

It's why it's so jarring when you remove Iron Man from Tony Stark because it's entirely missing the fucking point of why the readers read these characters.

>>84409286

The fact that Marvel paid money to own Angela will never not make me laugh. She's 90s trash that was only remembered because Gaiman created her.
>>
>>84409384
Honestly anyone that isn't Bendis make better stories with Miles than Bendis.
>>
>>84409384

Miles problem is on the writer.

I admit I haven't read too much Miles material but Bendis seems to have no fucking idea what Miles actual character is.

I'm caught up on the ANAD stuff and I can not tell you Miles actual personality at all. Not a single thing about him.

Meanwhile I was only reading Waid's Avengers until recently because of the three younger heroes. It's why I'm hesitantly excited for Champions even though it's just going to be another failed attempt at creating their own Teen Titans.
>>
>>84409421
From what I'm told Gaiman convinced them to buy Angela from him and in exchange he would finish Miracle Man and write the first GotG Marvel issue with Angela.

What I do recall was that Marvel advertised the shit out of that and when the forst issue of GotG with Angela came out there was no Gaiman story, just Bendis and it was a weird "I am cast out of Heaven, I do not know why but I am angry, I will now go to Earth because of it" and then the Guardians try to stop her because they don't want any alien going to earth and she ends up joining them because why not (except that her joining happened in the second issue).
>>
>>84409178
Nah, no one likes that ship either. Most people just remember it the most because it was the only prominent one during Claremont's gold era. And writers hate it. The only ones I ever saw that liked it were Whedon and Lobdell.
>>
>>84409518
This, Miles has no personality other than cute black kid that everyone loves.

I guess he's awkward and has dumb moments but he has none of the drawbacks that come with that, it's treated as an endearment or a cute thing and all young girls like him.

Meanwhile with Sam those traits come with some cringe and awful moments, he geta trampled on and he suffers for ir, Miles just gets rewarded.

I mean the worst he gets right now is his stereotypical Latina Grandma yelling at him, he even got his dead mom back while Sam can't even have his lost father back or even a fucking mentor because Rich is dead.
>>
>>84405097

Nick Spencer is more disappointing than finding out that Santa isn't real but the holocaust was.
>>
>>84409384
He's bland and has no purpose in 616. In Ultimates it was acceptable since it was an elseworld tale and there was no Spider-Men, but now there's no point to him at all. He literally has all of Spider-Man's villains, identity, and personality. If Miles is ever gonna work in 616 they need to give him a new persona, push him out of New York to giving room to develop apart from Spidey lore, and give him a new rouges gallery.
>>
>>84409736
Nah that ship has its fans and share of fanart, fics, and plenty of porn.

Also Bennett likes them too since she had them end up together with kids in Years of Future Past.

Colossus, along with Illyanna and Rachel are the characters I see paired with Kitty the most followed by Kurt and Wisdom.

Also Logan which is pretty gross but I can see why.
>>
>>84409753
>and all young girls like him.
Didn't his first 616 comic start with him getting dumped?
>he even got his dead mom back while Sam can't even have his lost father back or even a fucking mentor because Rich is dead.
Maybe Sam should carry hamburgers around more often.
>>
>>84409421
Exactly. I feel like the older Marvel books were better than the current ones was the stories were centered around the alter egos of the heroes. Their good stories have always been more soap opera with action mixed in. Now that they're the top dogs they just thing to slap their noticeable on something to make it sell. I want new characters that actually look like some time was put into them.
>>
>>84409883

>Illyanna and Rachel are the characters I see paired with Kitty

Man Kitty really does pair best with women. Why couldn't she have been gay marvel
>>
>>84409912
>Maybe Sam should carry hamburgers around more often.

Okay, absolutely despised Secret Wars III. But that was a legitimately funny scene in it.
>>
>>84409518
Young Avengers original cast was fine, it only went bad when they turned them all into fags.

The old team had potential if they were actually put in an interesting story.
>>
The last Marvel Now event I really liked was the Punisher 2014 run, I hope they do that more often
>>
>>84409883
>Nah that ship has its fans and share of fanart, fics, and plenty of porn.
I don't know about porn, but I'm sure Kitty/Quill has all the first three as well, what's your point?
>>
>>Bendis makes Knowhere into Tatooine
>>Movie makes it alien head
>>Bendis then makes it so that Tatooine is on top of Knowhere

How? How does a writer this bad at his job become Marvel's most valuable asset?!
>>
File: 1397573052713.png (97 KB, 175x262) Image search: [Google]
1397573052713.png
97 KB, 175x262
>>84409883
>bennett liked it
>bragging about that like it's a good thing
>>
>>84409912
More like rejected but he shrugged it off
>>
>>84410105
Saying it has tons of fans and tons of content so it's a popular pairing, Kitty/Quill isn't.

>>84410170
I am not bragging, it's an example that another writer likes it.

Fuck I don't even like Kitty/Colossus and I find their senpaitachi as insufferable as the Rogue/Gambit fans, but they are the popular Kitty pairing, lol did I struck a StatKat nerve? Like 4 people liked it and Humphries, Bendis uses it for drama but he will most likely have Kitty end up with a OC of his.
>>
>>84408987
>Bug was in the first draft, but Hasbro threatened to sue.

That's bizarre considering Bug, Rann, and Mari were in PAD's Captain Marvel and nothing seemed to happen.
>>
>>84408940
>From what I understand all the Committee was doing was stealing ideas from early drafts. Mostly Bendis.

Where'd you hear this from?
>>
>>84409736
Even Whedon realized Colossus and Kitty wouldn't work out in the long run and chose to paint it as a 'living in the moment' relationship.
>>
>>84410000
Because she has a lot of waifufags, if Kitty is a lesbian then Marvel writers and fanboys can't self insert and she can't love them.

But man Kitty has a lot of borderline gay moments with women in the comics, IIRC a lesbian mutant even fell in love with her.

Kitty being a lesbian would have made more sense than Bobby being gay but that shit wouldn't get approved by Marvel because of waifufags.
>>
>>84409958

Marvel saves actual character progress for events and everything else is filler. Very few books break this exception.

Marvel doesn't grasp that there's a difference between comic fans and comic readers.

"comic fans" are your general hanger-ons that don't take part in the niche hobby itself. They like movies, they like cartoons, games, and all the merch.

But they will never read a comic. This set of fans is as diverse as can be.

Comic readers are fewer in numbers and they're not people you should be pushing away. Though outliers of course exist but a majority of them are white males. Both companies even have data to proove it. And I think DC has come to terms with this ideology to some degree with Rebirth.

I think the best method for what Marvel wants to do is really focus on the comic fans and not the comic readers. You're not going to get those fans to read comics. They all say the same shit. I've tried to help plenty of them get into the medium. They get confused by continuity, they get turned off by C-Listers and characters they don't know, they're often only interested in the events, and a status quo reset will kill all interest when you finally do hook them.

Oh sure they'll read a comic sure, but they don't want to commit real time, effort, or that much money into it. They're a market that is more likely to head to the simplicity of manga over the over complexity of American comics. For me it's been easier to get my anime-hating friends to try manga with an open mind than it is to get my Marvel movie loving friends to actually read a damn comic.

Also we've been playing this replacement game since the 90s and it is not working. It never works. If you want new readers you need to rethink the strategy. I love quite a lot of legacy characters but they all meet the same fate. The original returns, and then eventually they fade into obscurity while the iconic version stays. Nearly every time.
>>
>>84406911
Only Brock can save us now. Thompson is shit.
>>
>>84410274
not everythings about ships you dungus, i couldnt care less about bendis shit or colossus shit, i only want to laugh at anyone who thinks margaret fucking benett is worth anything
>>
>>84410351
>Because she has a lot of waifufags
Tell me about it. Outside the Bendis stuff, Humphries turned her into a God to solve all the problems in Black Vortex, and then Diaz (you know, the guy who redesigns all popular characters?) creates his X-Men where all of the members have monstrous features EXCEPT Kitty, who is also the leader.

What is it about fucking Kitty that drives so many waifu fags crazy?
>>
>>84410286
>>84410306
Not him but it's just pure speculation from Bendis having Bug in his Avenges Assemble GotG draft when the movie was still being written then suddenly dropping him in his GotG comic.

It is fishy but /co/ cannot prove anything.
>>
>>84410392
>They all say the same shit. I've tried to help plenty of them get into the medium. They get confused by continuity, they get turned off by C-Listers and characters they don't know, they're often only interested in the events, and a status quo reset will kill all interest when you finally do hook them.
Yep! I know this shit too well. Like when my sister after seeing Civil War saying "What do you mean you're surprised that they did something in the film? It's an adaptation of the book, right?"
>>
>>84410402
Lol you're the one that is acting in extremes, go put some butt lotion for that asspain.
>>
>>84410405

Because they all feel safe with her in their parents garages.
>>
>>84410392
Not to mention, Marvel is not helping with all the constant relaunches. When I refer to volumes, I would be referring to a volume of issues created in a run. What non-comic readers thing are the TPB volumes. See, this shit is really horrible in helping newcomers.
>>
>>84410351

apparently Claremont's endgame plan was Kitty/Rachel

i don't know how people can ship her with colossus seriously after secret wars.
>>
>>84410460

My one friend went off at me for posting "Flash spoilers" just because I mentioned that I hope Linda and Wally get together like in the comics.

Apparently the idiot thought the show was a 1:1 modernized adaptation of the comics.
>>
>>84410500

LCS' stated it was scaring the new readers they did manage to bag off and Marvel is still doing it again in November.

Why is Captain Marvel relaunching again in 2017? Why would you even announce that now? The current run is just barely started and we're kicking up Volume fucking 10 for short term artificial sales.

They've been drastically harming the industry with short-term sale goals since the 90s though. Why stop now?
>>
>>84410392
>I've tried to help plenty of them get into the medium. They get confused by continuity, they get turned off by C-Listers and characters they don't know, they're often only interested in the events, and a status quo reset will kill all interest when you finally do hook them.

I've had the inverse effect. Mostly all of my friends that I've gotten into comics from the movies love it for that reason. Though, they all approached me about it rather than me approaching them so that may have something to do with it.
>>
>>84410566
>LCS' stated it was scaring the new readers they did manage to bag off and Marvel is still doing it again in November.

You know, I remember how so many people on here kept arguing "It's just a number guys, there's no harm in rebooting" as far back as at least when the New 52 started. I don't think any of them thought this would happen.
>>
>>84410460
>Like when my sister after seeing Civil War saying "What do you mean you're surprised that they did something in the film? It's an adaptation of the book, right?"

To be fair, this is common with a lot of adaptations aside from comic films. Some people still aren't aware of what got changed.
>>
>>84410507
His endgame was Kitty/Gambit believe it or not.
>>
>>84410518
Hey man, I'm still pissed off at my best friend for teasing me with a fake spoiler right before I saw the last Star Wars :
" Ned Stark dies. "

It doesn't seem like much, but right at the end of the first act I put it together.
That ruined a fucking franchise for me. I can't even look at Star Wars crap without getting mad at him.
>>
File: Kiss90.jpg (47 KB, 365x567) Image search: [Google]
Kiss90.jpg
47 KB, 365x567
>>84410405
She was the original teenage cutie girl next door and a lot of Marvel writers and current middle age balding men grew up reading about her and they also wrote about her being the perfect waifu to a while new generation.

Warren Ellis of all people even waifus her and paired her up with his OC Pete Wisdom who was an older British man with the classic Warren Ellis male character personality (think Spider Jerusalem, Elijah Snow, etc... but more toned down on the non Marvel friendly stuff) also the character who took her virginity (Which made a lot of Kitty waifufags hate Wisdom).

Bendis paired her with his OC in Ultimate Spider-Man and he keeps giving her useless costume changes and codenames from other characters (Spider-Girl, The Hood, and Star-Lord) which don't go anywhere and do nothing for Kitty, he has Ultimate Kitty beat Galactus and has characters marvel at how awesome she is. Hell, his Rocket who hates everyone even liked Kitty and thinks she's a better Star-Lord than Peter (but Bendis never shows us why).

She's also plain looking enough that she makes female fans want to self insert as her.

But Kitty is perfect, has little to no flaws in how she's written, she has a magic Dragon, she went to pace, she is an adept martial artist, she always gets the last word on everyone.

The only Marvel writer that I know of who doesn’t waifu her is Busiek, he had Deadpool one punch her into unconsciousness after she was being smug with him (also to make Wolverine fight with him).
>>
>>84410832
>he had Deadpool one punch her into unconsciousness after she was being smug with him (also to make Wolverine fight with him).
That was Kelly not Busiek
>>
File: Deadpoolshoryuken.jpg (127 KB, 526x800) Image search: [Google]
Deadpoolshoryuken.jpg
127 KB, 526x800
>>84410832

But she does have a flaw.

She's a racist. They just don't bring it up anymore.

Also classic Deadpool and Kitty moment.
>>
>>84410832
>Busiek
Fuck I mean Kelly not Busiek.

>>84410868
Yeah I just realized that I wrote Busiek there instead of Kelly, I had a mindfart.
>>
>>84410728

I don't and can't!
>>
>>84410887
Yeah this moment was priceless.
>>
>>84406399
>They are staying on earth

Man, this just shows how much of a fucking hack Bendis is.

This dude is so garbage that he can't even come up with a way on how to make cosmic marvel exciting with GotG, so he instead decides to bring the Guardians down to fucking Earth.

This dude is just straight up garbage. The day that Marvel gets rid of this bald fuckhead, is the day when the healing process even has a chance at starting.
>>
>>84410928
>This dude is so garbage that he can't even come up with a way on how to make cosmic marvel exciting with GotG, so he instead decides to bring the Guardians down to fucking Earth.

It's not even that.

It's that if they're on Earth it's easier to get them involved in events.

I mean yes Bendis clearly does not grasp the concept well but fuck if it's just because of that.

It's all about events.
>>
>>84410928
I honesty don't give a shit about the GotG javing Earthlings in their team (because characters like Moondragon and Adam Warlock are from Earth but they are pure Cosmic characters less connected to Earth than Adam Strange is)

But fuck jusy have them be in fucking Space, it's Guardians of the GALAXY, they need to go arounf every planet in every sector of space, of I want to read about Earth I have tons of other comics and characters I can read about who are in Earth.

Fuck Bendis, Ultimates is the true Cosmic comic now.
>>
>>84410981
Bingo it's about events

>CBR: In August, you bring the Guardians into "Civil War II." Will your "Civil War II" tie-in for "Guardians" be like your other monthly Marvel books in that we'll be able to see the clues you planted about the direction things were heading for quite some time?

>Bendis: Yes! In my earliest outline drafts for "Civil War II" I had the Guardians coming into the story midway through, because the first two human members of the Guardians from my run were Tony Stark and Carol Danvers. So it's 'who called them into the fight'? And whose side are they on? Because there won't be an agreement. Star-Lord might think one way while Rocket will believe another.

>Also, they haven't been part of past big events with the exception of like "Infinity." So it's cool to have them in this Earth bound event and being called in as cavalry and seeing how that works out.

>Venom has been off planet since he cleansed his symbiote and he's never met Miles Morales. Kitty [Pryde] hasn't been home in a while and isn't necessarily caught up on what's going on in the X-Men universe. Ben [Grimm] and Johnny [Storm] can reunite, and where is Ben's stuff? Has he got everything in a U-Haul, or a storage unit? So there's a lot we can do with the Guardians returning to Earth.
>>
>>84411194

>CBR: Will you and Valerio continue to check in with the large matters in space while the Guardians are on Earth for "Civil War II"?

>Bendis: Wouldn't you think that someone might follow them back to Earth? It's like, "Oh, they're going to be on Earth? Let's get them there! We can shut them down while they're distracted." They've made themselves wide open by coming back to Earth.

>Also here's something to watch out for! Remember the Free Comic Book Day Special? Remember who killed Rhodey?

>Yes! Thanos!

>A couple of people have been looking for that dude! See there's a lot of meat on these bones. Let's say Thanos is on the planet and no one wants to tell Gamora or Drax because they have other things they're worried about and then Gamora and Drax find out?

>I also like the idea of the Guardians stuck on Earth for a while. I've been wanting to have some "Star Trek IV"-style fun with them. [Laughs] Maybe they'll have to find a whale to get out of this one...

Source is in here: >>84408843

>>84409135
According to this I guess he just watched Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home and will do that but with the GotG on Earth.
>>
>>84411194
>that POTTERY
>>
>>84406642
Do this
>>
>>84410309
But Whedon is one of the worst X-writers.
>>
>>84406642
Send this idea to scanbro, pls.
>>
Couldn't care less about Marvel at this point. Maybe next year they'll get their shit together.
>>
>>84411194
Of Kitty goes to Earth won't she het Inhumam sterilization terrigen mist aids? Or is her specialness inmmune to it (watch as she stays intangible thorought the whole thing so she's OK).
>>
>>84411622
That is silly anon. She will find a cure that only works on her
>>
>>84411673
>implying Kitty's pureness doesn't negate Terrigen already
>>
What's up with all the Kittyfags hijacking this thread, and the supposed anti-Kitty showing they're more in love with her than the Kittyfags themselves.

Can you all stop jerking off to her and get back on topic.
>>
>>84411615
For that to happen some people will either fet fired or they need to lose so much money that will force them to fucking make a lot of creative team changes.

>>84410402
Speaking of Bennett apparently her wanting to do an Angela comic is what took Angela from Bendis (who still wanted the character).

>CBR News: The most recent issue of "Guardians of the Galaxy" welcomed Angela back to the team. What does she bring back to the book, and do you have plans for her lover, Sera, to appear as well?

>Bendis: I do! And this was one of those weird things where Angela was in our book and then all of a sudden they were like, "Angela is getting her own series and here's the pitch." So it was like, "Okay, she's not in my book anymore." [Laughs] Sometimes the pitch for an ongoing won't effect the team at all, but the Guardians kind of live in a camper together and you're either in the camper or your not in the camper.

>It's different than Avengers Tower. They're always moving around the galaxy. So I hoped I would get to write her again and then when her series wrapped up I immediately got a call asking, "Would you like Angela back?" And I was like, "I never wanted to let her go"
>>
>>84411694
My money is on this.
>>
>>84410392
>I've tried to help plenty of them get into the medium. They get confused by continuity, they get turned off by C-Listers and characters they don't know, they're often only interested in the events, and a status quo reset will kill all interest when you finally do hook them.
>have qt med school gf
>never read comics or seen a comic movie before
>show her Flex Mentallo, Karnak, Vision, Fraction's Hawkeye
>understands everything just fine
Maybe you just hang out with fucking morons.
>>
File: 1395169414187.gif (2 MB, 426x319) Image search: [Google]
1395169414187.gif
2 MB, 426x319
>>84406642
>>
>>84409816
I love you. Where were you all my life?
>>
>>84404828
And I'll be there to make threads about it every day. Just like you dc shits did with rebirth. I'm done being a passive marvel fan. Dcucks have been moaning about every little thing marvel does and praising geoff johns and mediocre rebirth title like action comics like they're the second coming of zak snyders superman. Oh the rebirth sales beat marvel blah blah blah.

So I'm done being the marvel fan who just says positive shit about the comics he likes. Nah instead I'll shit on the breakfast cereal of every dc fan the moment sales drop. Cos it ain't like anything besides aquaman, green arrow, and the flinstones are worth reading.
Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.