[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw they are both dead >tfw Rightclops will NEVER come
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20
File: and then there was X.jpg (112 KB, 524x593) Image search: [Google]
and then there was X.jpg
112 KB, 524x593
>tfw they are both dead
>tfw Rightclops will NEVER come back because Marvel hates him
>tfw Wolverine will be back soon and becomes the undisputed leader of the X-Men

Just kill me...
>>
>>84400854
>because Marvel hates him
But I thought editors love him and sabotaged everyone in order to push him.
>>
>>84400854
I honestly hope that Logan never comes back. Him and Beast are pretty much ruined in my eyes at this point. Let Laura and occasional alt-universe fill-ins have their fun, but 616 Logan had gone full hypocrisy.
>>
File: 1382250761550.png (94 KB, 306x243) Image search: [Google]
1382250761550.png
94 KB, 306x243
>mfw Marvel shits on Pym for an artist error
>>
>>84400908
Making Pym hit a woman was the artist being a cheeky cunt?
>>
>>84400942
in the script Pym was suppose to push Janet away but it turned into a backhand
>>
>>84400950
kek and then Pym's life got ruined forever.
>>
File: deathofx.jpg (242 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
deathofx.jpg
242 KB, 940x529
>>84400854
want to know what happened to Cyclops?

Find out in the thrilling upcoming mini-series, Death of X!
>>
I hope wolverine stays dead forever, but he'll probably come back and be on every single team book pretty soon.

>Young Avengers? You need a tutor, and I know just the guy...
>Snikt Bub snikt, I'm gonna teach you kids to bub snikitty bub
>>
File: x gonna save ya.jpg (263 KB, 750x1139) Image search: [Google]
x gonna save ya.jpg
263 KB, 750x1139
Scott can take it, he'll be the hero we deserve. And Cyclops doesn't do it for himself or for glory or anything, he wants to help mutants and work for a world where people and mutants can peacefully coexist
>>
>>84400854
>>tfw Rightclops will NEVER come back because Marvel hates him
That's a good thing, hon.
>>
>>84400908

it's more everyone ignores that that's like part 2 of a 8ish part story that ends with Hank's redemption and leaving Superheroing behind
>>
>>84401009
How does it feel being wrong?
>>
File: utopiacostume.png (123 KB, 360x502) Image search: [Google]
utopiacostume.png
123 KB, 360x502
B E H O L D
E
H
O
L
D
This is now a Cyclops thread
>>
>>84401058
You'd have to tell me about it.
>>
File: removebub.jpg (126 KB, 528x800) Image search: [Google]
removebub.jpg
126 KB, 528x800
>>84401058
i think he means it's a good thing Cyke is spared the abuse of Marvel's current climate
>>
>>84400999
>snikkity bub what's in the tub
>>
>>84400908
that's what shooter claimed.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198 KB, 1920x1080
>>84400854
Your tears only serve to give him more masterbation fuel and ultimately more money. Learn to see this for the marketing stunt it is and just wait for his glorious return
>>
Why does everyone hate Logan all the sudden?
>>
Reminder: Beast was and always will be right.
>>
File: Hypocrisy at its best.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
Hypocrisy at its best.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2951
>>84400905
Bendis ruined everyone, but Logan as a moral paragon is beyond ridiculous
>>
>>84401142
/co/ has a contrarian mentality where if most people hate on something, or most people love something, they feel like they have to do the opposite. It's why they worship such a garbage shit character like cyclops and have a vehement hateboner for wolverine.
>>
File: logantheimmortalhypocrite.jpg (230 KB, 1084x1522) Image search: [Google]
logantheimmortalhypocrite.jpg
230 KB, 1084x1522
>>84401161
I don't know what you're talking about.

Logan has lived for so long, we should listen to what he says. With age comes wisdom.
>>
>>84401161

Srsly, like use Storm or basically any other name character and not the guy who's deal is taming the crazy killer inside him.

i buy into /co/'s headcanon none of this Schism and onward shit would've happened if Kurt was around to knock some sense into them
>>
>>84401161
that was Jason Aaron's fault
>>
>>84401142
Because as soon as you turn 16 you realize that he's not that cool and you get kinda bored with the "muh dark past muh beast inside can't be tamed".
And it got really annoying when he was on both Avengers teams and the X-men and Spiderman and fucking everywhere. And it really makes no sense when guys like Rogers condemn vigilantes like The Punisher and accept and befriend a guy who does the same as Frank on given ocassions.
>>
>>84401172
I hated Wolverine before coming to /co/. Old Man Logan was the last interesting thing to happen to the character
>>
>>84401142
>all of a sudden
/co/ has hated Logan for years.
>>
>>84401201
where was this lynch mob mentality when Logan killed Northstar?

nope, not a single consequence. not even a slap on the wrist
>>
>>84401142

/co/'s always hated Wolverine cause he's everywhere and they forgot how great a character he can be. And bc he's popular he has more bad stories just from sheer numbers
>>
>>84400854
>>tfw Wolverine will be back soon and becomes the undisputed leader of the X-Men

Nice to have something to look forward too.
>>
>>84401161
thats the point when wolverine has to tell you to stop being an amoral dick you know you've fucked up
>>
>>84401261
Jason pls enough with the shitposting, you have deadlines to meet
>>
>>84401227
>And it really makes no sense when guys like Rogers condemn vigilantes like The Punisher and accept and befriend a guy who does the same as Frank on given ocassions.

>Frank killed 2 petty crooks who were going to join steves side

>Wolverine kills when it matters

gee i wonder why.
>>
>>84401312
I mean the Punisher is pretty fucking nuts.
>>
I think people fail to realize that the fun of Wolverine is the fact that he's a surly asshole who's literally wrong all the time.
>>
>>84400905
Logan will return, but he will tell to the X-Men and Dictatorclops fans to go fuck themselves and he will go back to be a solo character as he was meant to be. Besides Logan doesn't need the X-Men, and his best stories never involved those losers.
>>
>>84401312
>Wolverine kills when it matters

Except when he goes on his "roar I'm a beast I'm so bad please have pity on me I couldn't help but kill all these henchmen who were weaker than me" fits and murders a bunch of petty crooks.
Logan literally takes pride on being the best there is at killing people, he shouldn't be given the place he is being given in comic books today. It's just like when you see the Fantastic Four accepting Deadpool as any other thing than a murdering maniac that needs to be thrown in jail. It doesn't fit, I get that the character is popular and that you want to team him up with everyone and all that but you can't just change the character to make him a likeable hero role-model figure
>>
>>84401161

God I can't stand all the character assassination that went on here. Fuckhead Tony Stark puts the essence of a destructive god into Cyke and co., and Scott is the one who gets blamed for everything? Really? Did the dumbass writers not stop and think about how horrible this makes Logan, Storm, and everyone else who was so eager to persecute Scott look?

Why did the Marvel universe suddenly become so retarded when it comes to Cyclops? It's like they all secretly hated him for so long but just never had a reason to or something. Even if you aren't a Cyclops fan, X-Fags should be fucking livid that their characters being brought to such a low level.
>>
>>84401172
Yep, it's the same reason /co/ will shit on Batman while sucking Moon Knight's dick.
>>
>>84401312
Why does Cap look down on other vigilantes anyway? Hasn't he killed in the past also?
>>
>>84401409
also whenever he has a chimpout I mean "beserker rage" everyone is supposed to just feel bad for him because of his "tortured/dark past"

For a guy who's supposedly got some kind of samurai code, he has pitifully bad self control.
>>
>>84401409
Only that Logan never consider himself a saint. He is a too great for a character for being comprehend by simpleton minds, that wants their heroes pretty and clean, while they hypocritically go from one Civil War to the other, like they selfish bastards, that they actually are.
>>
wew lad

Terrible how Marvel ruined Wolverine, Storm, and Beast just to prop up Cyclops like this. smdh.
>>
>>84401488
>He is a too great for a character for being comprehend by simpleton minds,

Whatever you say Logan.
I think you spilled some beer on your keyboard.
>>
>>84401409
>Crying over henchmen

You mean the murdering terrorists, and genocidal thugs?

What about black widow, why is it ok for her to be on the team but not wolverine, what about thor and herc who have kill counts that make logan's look cute.

Wolverine's statement about being the best is a a fact, because thats what he was turned into.
>>
>>84401486
Logan was brainwashed so much times and suffered through hell and torture, than anyone else in the Marvel Universe. Go and read the Weapon X mini series, and you will see why Logan suffers from the berserker rage.
>>
>>84401488
Oh yeah, Logan is really deep and hard to comprehend.
He may not consider himself a saint, but the whole self indulgent "poor me, I can't stop killing people" doesn't really work with an actual superhero. That's when his character went to shit, when they turned him into an actual superhero instead of another conflicted and fucked up mutant.
>>
>>84401512
Of course now go and leak the boots of your Dictatorclops you tool.
>>
>>84400984
I don't read Ms. Marvel aka Kublai Khan. Why is she riding Lockjaw? Is she a fucking inhuman? Talk about shoe-horning a mary sue muslim into a storyline.
>>
>>84401486
>talking about Wolverine
>chimpout

Taking it back ppl.
>>
>>84400854
>needing a corporate seal of approval to enjoy comics

plenty of fanstuff out there and if that don't suit your taste you can make your own. you don't actually need marvel for anything
>>
>>84401555
>he had a rough past it ain't his fault he a good mugga he dindu nuffin
>>
>>84401590
>Talk about shoe-horning a mary sue muslim into a storyline.
Careful, you're dangerously close to triggering the awful waifufaggots here.
>>
>>84401590
/pol/ please. As if you read any comics.
>>
>>84401566
Actually wolverine hadn't been "i cant stop killing people" and for the last 5 years has been more "Iv'e done allot of fucked up shit but i can still help the world, i just have to find the balance"
>>
>>84401609
>>84401620
Too late.
>>
>>84401608
Try to immagine how it would feel, Infusing metal into your bones, then be treated like a mindless animal, and may you understand why Wolverine is who he is.
>>
>>84401161
Based.

X-Force did nothing wrong.
>>
>>84401589
>>84401394
>Dictatorclops

You can keep trying to make this a thing, all it's gonna do is make it that much easier to point out your samefaggotry

Go make a Wolverine thread, see how that goes over for you.
>>
>>84401679
Your english needs a little work
>>
>>84401699
Are all rightclops idiots as obnoxious as you?
>>
>>84401728
Trolling requires subtlety, remember that next time

this is the last (You) I'll give you. Apply yourself.
>>
File: IMG_0592.png (2 MB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0592.png
2 MB, 1000x750
>>84401590
Medusa wanted to keep an eye on Kamala but most Inhumans were busy, so she sent Lockjaw
>>
>>84400854
Just occurred to me that both are dead while an alternate old version of Wolverine is around and an alternate young version of Cyclops is around.

Kind of neat duality desu.
>>
>>84401786
He's a big dog
>>
>>84401728
They are. They are also mentally obsessed with Wolverine. For this reason, if Wolverine returns, i hope that he will never return to the X-Men.
>>
File: 1349227523478.jpg (242 KB, 1366x639) Image search: [Google]
1349227523478.jpg
242 KB, 1366x639
I miss bub-werine and rightclop.
>>
>>84400904
It's actually funny how in their quest to sabotage Cyclops, they managed to sabotage Beast, Prof. X, Wolverine and right now I really start to dislike Storm more and more.
>>
>>84401798
for pooch
>>
>>84401288
>You killed only man who matters
No, that's called bad writing.
>>
>>84401786
Is Lockjaw an inhuman turned into a dog via terrigenisis?
>>
>>84401891
no, writers have toyed with the idea over the years but ultimately decided against it because of the implications

mind you, the inhumans still make liberal use of a poor soul that was turned into a fucking door
>>
When will writers just make Wolverine and Cyclops fuck so we can get this tension out of the way?
>>
>>84401891
whether he's a dog with intelligence or a human with the body of a dog is the whole running gag behind him
>>
Daily reminder that Cyke was kek'd by a fish man.
>>
>>84401161
So wolverine is basically saying all the people he's killed don't matter
That's nice Logan
>>
>>84401161
>>84401201
I love how Cyclops presents actual arguments and Wolverine counters with ad hominems and left-field shit.

>You killed thousands of people!
>Yeah but they were all NPCs, you killed the DM.

>Jean did the same thing only times a billion and nobody ever gave her shit, we tried to help her.
>Yeah but you killed a Named Character.
>>
>>84401944
Didn't know Kanye was part of the Marvel universe
>>
>>84402050
>Hydra goons, Hand cultitsts, Hellfire thugs, and all the other vermin

>mattering

pick one
>>
>>84401172
It's not just /co/, pal, most other places I've been to, including Reddit thinks Cyclops is a great character/has been screwed over by Marvel.
>>
>>84402155
>Some lives matter more than others
>It's ok to kill if you don't know their names

That's pretty fucking heroic. If supes don't have a problem with killing hired goons, why do they have this strong moral code of not killing the crime masters who hired them in the first place?
>>
>>84402264
Some supes do, a fucking ton of them don't.

Cap murdered the original red skull after all
>>
>>84402155
>his own son
>>
>>84401914
The biggest problem is that they treat him like a dog. It would probably be worse than Eldrac or HuB because they are at least treated like a person.
>>
>>84402319
Who was a mass murdering rapist, who was going to kill all the kids in his school.

What is with cykefags and pretending context dosen't exist.
>>
>Logan and Scott actually form a team for killing people who pose as "threats" to mutants and people they need out of their way
>Logan has gone "berserker" and killed criminals and even innocent people like a hundred times in the past

Oh but all of a sudden someone "important" dies and Logan takes the moral high ground like "oh you can kill a lot of people but some certain guys is just wrong to kill, don't care if you were controlled by another entity you're an evil man". Bullshit
>>
>>84401590
She's always been an Inhuman, because Marvel can't do origin stories anymore.
It rarely comes up in her book, since she doesn't live on Attilan, and if this were 15 years ago, shed without a doubt be a mutant.
>>
Remember when Wolverine murdered a bunch of his kids
>>
>>84402411
>If a soldier kills in combat hes not allowed to condemn a guy who assassinates a civil rights leader
>>
>>84401798
4allah
>>
>>84401841
>implying they didn't do this sabotage on purpose
>>
>>84402450
Who were all grown adults who murdered and tortured a ton of people at the behest of a satanic cult
>>
>>84402400
>What is with cykefags and pretending context dosen't exist.

funny because that's all the Scott haters are relying on

arguments without any context
Go sleep it off, Logan. Whatever makes it easier for you. Maybe all those underage girls you "mentor" takes the edge off murdering your only child
>>
>>84402411

Hasnt Logan also killed mutants that were too dangerous even if they were kids? What was the short where the kid woke up one day and was killing everyone around him because of his mutant powers and Logan went and killed him to cover it all up?
>>
>>84402411
>Cyclops, you're going too far! Kids shouldn't fight!
>That's literally been the case with the X-Men since day 1. All of us were minors when we started out.
>But you're going too far, Slim! You have a kill squad!
>THAT YOU'RE LEADING, LOGAN.

Later...

>Hey Logan remember how we left Cyclops over the whole let's not have kids fight thing?
>Yeah, Ororo?
>Haven't the kids fought about the same amount anyway?
>I mean...
>Well, at least you got rid of X-Force, right?
>...
>...
>>
>>84402495
>Go sleep it off, Logan. Whatever makes it easier for you. Maybe all those underage girls you "mentor" takes the edge off murdering your only child
Wolverine has had many children.

He's killed all the ones he's known about.
>>
>>84401100
Ok. That's a damn good point. In this age of Bendis everywhere, do you want your faves in limbo or in the Bendis?
>>
>>84400854
how is he able to see in this outfit???
>>
>>84402456
>assasination squad that operates anywhere in the world and never in war situations
>guy goes crazy and starts killing goons because "can't control the beast in me"
>soldiers killing in combat

Not really the same thing, and why does everyone pretend like Cyclops was on control of his actions and not being a vessel for Dark Phoenix?
>>
>>84402547
it's an awful design and the X doesn't even cover his eyes depending on the artist
>>
>>84402524
Basically, despite DAS, Fuck Remender Xforce and WatXM.
>>
>>84402495
real cause "Logan killed his children" and "its not scotts fault it was the phoenix" is a huge context absent argument
>>
>>84402567
hey creepy cartoonfag, you forgot to make your own thread

thank god I have all that cringey stuff filtered out of the catalog. Gross. How old are you man? Doesn't matter, I guess. Maybe one day you'll hold hands with a girl.
>>
>>84401841

Don't you think instead they're pushing Cyclops super hard by giving Beast, Prof. X, Wolverine, and Storm the idiot balls?
>>
>>84401620
I have a storage shed full of Marvel and DC comics from c.1972-2010. Overall, probably like 12,000 comics of a variety of Superheroes and teams. I read comics, just not a lot of modern shit because I hate forced diversity. However, the new DC rebirth stuff is really cool so far. Kindly go fuck yourself.
>>
>>84400984

Please let this happen in New Jersey because they want to signal boost Kamala Khan. I want to see everyone die in Morris County so we can say that Magneto got gassed at Kikeout Mountain.
>>
>>84401609
>>84401646
People only like this brown cunt because they have a brown girl fetish or they're waifufags.
>>
>>84400905
Dark Beast is already a way better character than 616 Hank and ironically more trustworthy than him. I'd like to read an Adventures of Young Emma Frost + Dark Beast comic like when they met in Gen X #0.

'course comic continuity lasts about 6 months unless it's something stupid so that no longer has happened and that'll never happen.
>>
>>84402561
>Fuck Remender Xforce
Take it back
>>
>>84402527
That arc was pretty heavy
>>
>>84402581
Try to reason with Cyclops's fans?

Good luck with that. They are masters at distorting the facts.
>>
>>84402680
It's all right there on the page. Stay mad.
>>
>>84402598
>I hate forced diversity.
I agree the attempts have been ham-handed, but is it really so terrible that there are more minorities in comics?
>>
>>84402547
Apparently the red fabric is ruby Quartz. No, it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>84402704
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFGmC8m0kIo
>>
Neither Cyclops or Wolverine can take a moral highground since they are both fucked up assholes.
Altho IMO Logan has fucked up a lot more and knowing that he's a lot older one would expect him to be a bit wiser.
The fact that they took X-23, a teenage girl who was traumatized from being conceived and used as a weapon, and fucking used her as a weapon is atrocious and enough for both of them to earn a ticket to hell.
>>
>>84402710
I mean that's probably why he said "forced".
>>
>>84402723
woah what a cool badass dude

I bet he rides a motorcycle too
>>
Daredevil was an evil MURDERER oh my god you MURDERER by all his friends. Then be fucked off for 6 months then came back and literally nobody cared or remembered.

You think the same won't or can't happen to Cyclops?
>>
>>84402736
>The fact that they took X-23, a teenage girl who was traumatized from being conceived and used as a weapon, and fucking used her as a weapon is atrocious and enough for both of them to earn a ticket to hell.

That was all fucking scott, which is why she sees him as a demon in her psyche
>>
>>84402736
Wolverine tried multiple times to get her away from X-Force (remember Logan's speech to both her and Warpath about the consequences of joininf the X-Force, in the very 1st issu), but X-23 didn't help either.
>>
>>84402736
who cares, she's not even a real person anyway. Just a clone born in a test-tube. At least she was put to good use. The very thing she was created for, mind you
>>
>>84402710
>more minorities in comics
Means nothing if they're all written like shit
>>
>>84402790
>That was all fucking scott

Who was leading the team and taking her on missions, you fuck?
>>84402795
Oh yeah he tried really hard, it's not like he could just stop her from being on a team he lead
>>
>>84401227
>And it really makes no sense when guys like Rogers condemn vigilantes like The Punisher and accept and befriend a guy who does the same as Frank on given ocassions.

They let the Punisher get away with all kinds of shot too. And Steve let Deadpool on the Avengers. Friggin' Deadpool. At least when Iron Man recruited Ares, he was coming out of his Civil War evil overdose.
>>
>>84402820
Typical Cyclops's apologist mentality. They will justify every shitty action of his, no matter how bad it could be.
>>
>>84402120
Why everyone forgets Cyclops also killed a lot of unnamed innocent people around the world. I mean Wolverine is full of shit in that picture but Cyclops isn't above him in any way. They're both scum.
>>
>>84402867
uh oh, someone triggered the X-23 waifufag
>>
>>84401142
It's not new. As near as I can tell, a lot of it boils down to: "Boo, hoo... the reason my favorite X-Men character (Cyclops, Storm, Beast. Goldenballs, whatever) isn't super-popular and doesn't have a successful ongoing comic is because Wolverine's very existence is somehow sabotaging them."
>>
>>84402821
It gives them more chances to not be written like shit. Good writing seems, to me, like a random distribution. You get the right people on the right book and shit characters can shine. However, if we don't add more minority characters to the roster and/or use the ones we do have we have fewer chances at actually getting good stories.
>>
>>84402820
Yeah ikr and who cares if Xavier got killed he wasn't a real person anyway just some mutant born with the x-gene, fuck him.
>>
>>84402852
Wolverine was not making the decisions about who is going. It was Cyclops that ordered X-23 to follow X-Force. Wolverine even threatened Cyclops about it, and he tried to speak to Laura, but she was her decision to continue. When Logan lead the Uncanny X-Force team, Laura was not part of it anymore.
>>
>>84401841
I'm not reading this, care to explain how the fucked up those characters in light of Cyclops.
>>
>>84401201
Wolverine has a point here. Jean (or the Phoenix in Jean form? I don't know in what retcon we are currently) knew what she had done and accepted the consequences by accepting death. Cyclops up to this day (or the day of his death? is he death?) refuses to pay for the consequences of his actions. Sure he saved mutantkind and he WAS right. But neither of those things change the fact he commited crimes and should be in a jail cell or dead. Should Wolverine be sharing a cell with him? Absolutely, but that's a completely different topic. The point is Wolverine was right in this particular page.
>>
>>84402903
>Writers are all Wolverine fans who flanderize characters to shit because they're not Wolverine.
>>
>>84403106
Then Wolverine should bite the bullet and just fucking kill Cyke.

He probably has wet dreams every night about doing it.
>>
>>84402161
Even if he was a likeable character that wasn't boring as fuck for most of his existence, his fans are enough reason to dislike Cyclops at this point.
There was a real effort to do some interesting stuff with him for several years there, but then all this Rightclops faggotry made it unbearable to talk about.
>>
>>84403026
>writers decide that Cyclops is evil
>therefore they appoint someone to be the good guy
>inept writers make cyclops into rightclops
>inept writers double down and turn sniktbub/storm/beast/xavier into mindless rightclops bashers that argue with emotion instead of logic
>inept writers triple down and make sniktbub/storm/beast copy the things they hate most about cyclops making them hypocrites as well as idiots
>>
>>84403026
Not that poster but...

Beast and Wolverine were Cyclops' two strongest detractors and they both come off as huge hypocrites. Both have done terrible things, and both lead the Cylops hate train.

Storm went along with the others in criticizing the way Scott chose to wall off the X-Men from the rest of the world, set up a united front, accept villains into their ranks, etc. Then she turned around and did the exact same thing in the current X-books.

IDK about Professor X. Brubaker and Whedon made him into an asshole in the 00s and Cyclops benefited from it. IDK if it was intentionally done to boost Cyclops at Xavier's expense, because (Brubaker at least) seemed more interested in making Vulcan his pet character and the hot new thing than doing anything with Scott.
>>
>>84402911
>he wasn't a real person anyway just some mutant born with the x-gene, fuck him.
...yes
>>
>>84403165
Yeah, but this was the period of time where he was trying to lead by example, up to his death.
>>
>>84403106
but Cyclops begged for them to kill him before it was too late in AvX

He's just not going to hold himself responsible for the dark phoenix's actions. He needs to focus and get shit done.
>>
>>84403188
Sorry but all the X-Men, with the exception of Nightcrawler perhaps, are big assholes at this point.

Marvel after Morrison's run completely fucked up the X-Men.
>>
>>84400908
>artist error
I know /co/ likes to suck Shooter's cock, but that slap is all on him. He's the one who actually decided to make a big deal of it in the story and give Janet a black eye. Blaming the artist simply isn't fair. It is nearly entirely Shooter's fault
>>
>>84402953
Way to read the comics and shut some /tv/ fag down anon.
>>
>>84403106
Jean ate a star and kill billions of aliens

Scott killed Xavier, and he only became the Phoenix host because of the Avengers.
>>
>>84403235
>after Morrison's run
>after

The only worthwhile thing that hack gave us was Fantomex, and he was retarded and lame during his tenure
>>
>>84401161
That's endgame Logan man. Eventually Logan lives long enough to see all his friends die and is basically Charles.

Also I think Endgame Cyclopd being Magneto is really cool because his idol worship of Prof X would do that once he realizes how flawed Prof X is.
>>
>>84400950
>Pym was suppose to push Janet away but it turned into a backhand

That's what they all say
>>
>>84403218
If I'm rembering correctly, the Phoenxi/Dark Phoenix was a seperate being from Jean, and that the Phoenix wasn't actually being controlled by an external force, but rather was corrupted by power.
Writers all seem to conveniently forget this for the last thirty years.
>>
>>84403255
Scott also ordered the deaths of a lot of people, during the X-Force's days.
>>
>>84403235
>x-men
>any time after claremont's first run
>>
>>84403255
Jean didn't do shit, psonic cacoon underwater the whole time.
>>
Also, I asked this in another thread but it's full of cocksacks.
Where do I get my Hope fix after AvX? I've been out of X-Books since
>Benis
>>84403303
Correct, but the host could influence the Phoenix--see Rachel
>>
>>84403255
They also caused tons of people to die while reshaping the earth as the Phoenix Five.
>>
File: Logan is a creep.jpg (129 KB, 768x799) Image search: [Google]
Logan is a creep.jpg
129 KB, 768x799
>>
>>84403519
context?
>>
>>84402598
Yes, because there definitely was not any forced diversity into current year as far comics were concerned.
>>
>>84403255
>>84403218
A lot of innocent people died as well, he also caused quite a lot of property damage, not to mention fixing things that maybe people didn't want fixed (while it might sound dumb, it's still against the law).

Also, take Colossus example. He did turn himself up and Wolverine forgave him and even wanted to help him out. Even Emma wantyed to stay in prison before Cyclops busted her out against her will. It isn't about the punishment, but about taking responsibility for one's own actions. Something that Cyclops (and his fans) refuse to do.
>>
>>84403519
Isn't this the Hydra mind controlled Logan from Enemy of State?

Mind controll stuff don't count anon.
>>
>>84403652

Because the world doesn't revolve around him. There are more important things to be done than punishing Cyclops for daring to stand up to the Avengers, and nobody but Cyclops seems to have the balls to do anything about them.
>>
>>84400950
So where'd the black eye come from then?

Don't swallow Shooter's bullshit.
>>
>>84403547
He was under control by the hand, which brings all your worst most negative thoughts and emotions to the forfront
>>
>>84401409
Logan isn't perfect, he isn't supposed to be. He really tries his best to be the good guy, but the truth is he's ultimately flawed and ends up fucking up more often than not.

Plus, it's hard not to sympathize with him at least a little given the constant torture and dehumanization he's had to put up with throughout his entire life.
>>
>>84403738
Cyclops only gives a damn about mutants and no one else. The Avengers supposedly fighting for all humanity.
>>
>>84403652
>A lot of innocent people died as well, he also caused quite a lot of property damage, not to mention fixing things that maybe people didn't want fixed

By this logic, half the Avengers roster would be in the Raft
>>
>>84403738
>There are more important things to be done than punishing Cyclops for playing russian roulette with a force of nature that once glassed an entire solar system.
>>
>>84403822
but he was right if the avengers minded their own business like how they normally do when shit happens to mutants everything would have been fine
>>
File: 2119506922_097cb401d5_o.jpg (203 KB, 500x594) Image search: [Google]
2119506922_097cb401d5_o.jpg
203 KB, 500x594
>>84403779
This. Rarely people suffered as much as Logan. He is the product of humanity's worst qualities. But even with all that shit he got through, he still fights to do some good, even if sometimes with the wrong way.
>>
>>84403822

What exactly is your argument here? That Cyclops should NOT have gone for the most logical plan of action against the Phoenix?

The Avengers' plan was to try and fucking destroy the Phoenix...a literal force of nature. How can you even bother to spout that literal shit from your asshole of a mouth when it was proven that Scott was right the whole time?

Literally all EVERYONE did was antagonize the fuck out him the entire time, even after the Phoenix Force was forced into him.
>>
>>84403938
"Forced".
>>
>>84403899
Did they fucking crucify him?
>>
>>84403822
>force of nature that has a history of protecting the earth and mutants in particular
>LET'S BLOW IT UP
>>
File: L2471.jpg (130 KB, 500x728) Image search: [Google]
L2471.jpg
130 KB, 500x728
>>84403970
Yes.
>>
>>84403962

What exactly are you implying? That he took the Phoenix into himself by force? Are you actually exposing the fact that you didn't read the event?
>>
>>84403784
You realize mutants area separate species right?

Where were the Avengers when Genosha burned?
>>
>>84404005
And where have been the X-Men, when the Avengers fought against Kang, Thanos or any other world breaking threat? The X-Men most of times they care about their own business, while the Avengers fight for everyone.
>>
>>84403962

>X-Forced
>>
>>84404062

>Everyone

Everyone but mutants. And the X-Men have fought on the behalf of humanity before, whereas the Avengers have historically not given two tupenny fucks about mutankind.
>>
>>84404090
Protecting the Earth, means protect everyone, including mutants. Or the mutants live to another world and we don't know it?
>>
Bare in mind that for many years the Avengers were glorified and looked up to as heroes while the mutants were considered as a threat by everyone icluding the government.
I can't help but think that the Cap going on national tv and saying something like, "Hey we're people with weird freaky powers too just because they're born with some x-gene it doesn't make them any worse than us" would have helped the mutant cause a little bit.
>>
>>84404117

>Protecting the Earth

Lmao you fucking retard. X-Men have saved the world to...have you never read any X-books?

Where were the Avengers all the countless times mutants were being hunted down by Sentinels?
>>
>>84404117
Well since the Avengers don't seem to care about protecting the world from an alien gas, the X-men have found another world
>>
>>84403784
Very first thing Cyclops did when he got Phoenix powers was not bringing back mutants. It was making the world better for everyone.
>>
>>84400904
/thread
>>
>>84404005
Who am I, gambling?
>>
>>84401161
HORRY SHEET is the the part where CYCLOPS says ignore the kids from the past? IS THIS WHERE CYCLOPS SAYS IGNORE "THAT" AND RIGHTCLOPS FANS GO RIGHT AROUND AND BLAME BEAST FOR SHITS.
>>
>>84404188
In the past they did.

But with time the X-Men lost that touch, and they cared only about their own kind.

At any case every team had its own challenges to face. Blaming each other about the mutual absence in times of thei various crisis, it's retarded. Because when the X-Men fought against Sentinels, it could be that Avengers were fighting against Kang or Dr.Doom during the same period.
>>
>>84404292
By becoming an universal dictator.
>>
>>84401793
Ironically both also have a alternate universe minority version of themselves walking around who we'll probably never see again. Cyclops black and Wolverine gay
>>
>>84402640
>DB is better than Hank and more trustworthy

no. they're both characters with a lot of potential

>i'd like to read young emma + DB like gen x #0

that's a win
>>
>>84400854
it's comics. think about what you're saying.

logan is dead, but you think they'll bring him back (is he back already)?

if cyclops is dead, they can bring him back just as easily.

punchline: i hope logan and fuhrerclops both stay dead and Dark Beast comes back
>>
>>84404292
Writers forgot to mention that the Phoenix 5 couldn't give mutants back their powers for whatever reason.
In retrospect, AvX was a giant cluster fuck that required writers to ignore a lot of shit for it to work.
>>
>>84404490
Indeed it's perhaps the worst Marvel event of the last decade. Even if the two Civil Wars, and the Age of Ultron are serious contenders.
>>
>>84403899

Yeah yeah we get it, Wolverine wins the suffering olympics, nobody else has suffered pain like him, nobody else would be able to take it, he's such a tortured badass. It's been shoved down our throats a hundred times.

He's an immortal with badass powers who's fucking loved by other mutants and has been forgiven and coddled by them far more than anyone else. You'll have to excuse me if I don't worship the character as he grandstands and whines about being a "bad guy" time and again, then suddenly tries to hold the moral high ground over others when they make a single mistake (unless they're an attractive young female, in which case they can do no wrong). And of course he's just so damn sexy and badass that every woman wets her panties whenever he enters their vicinity.

He's not a bad character, but he gets wanked as the coolest, most special and tortured mutant so much it's comical. Other characters have a habit of acting OoC in order to make him look good. It's annoying, and the character really has very little to offer relative to how much attention he gets.
>>
>>84404554
*cough* Fear Itself *hack*
>>
>>84404346

>they cared only about their own kind

Literally not true in any way. You're honestly not even worth replying to at this point, you're so poorly read on a subject you're trying to argue about.

Even if it WAS true, they were hated and hunted by humanity at large, with zero protection or help from the Avengers, so it so their isolation would be warranted.
>>
>>84404312
You are our king, sire
>>
>>84404363
Eh, the P5 didn't do much dictating. Cyclops' one dodgy act before things started to go south was destroying all nuclear weapons. He wasn't declaring himself god emperor of mankind or anything.

The P5 only got vicious after Wanda started blasting them with chaos magic.
>>
>>84404598
>>84404554
Siege was the worst of all times
>>
>>84404598
Nah, AvX was worse than Fear Itself.

Fear Itself was just a blah story. AvX was a deliberate attempt to gut the X-Men franchise because Disney can't make films about them and they want to push a new comic series into the mutant position.
>>
>>84404576
This is very superficial way to judge Wolverine. He is much more than that.

Wolverine when was written well, is the one of the best characters that Marvel ever created. The fallen samurai, the tortured soul, who fights consatntly against his own animalistic nature, trying to be a better person.

The same with Scott. He was a good character, a respectful leader, but after Whedon, he was completely turned upside down.

I missed the time when both share a bond of true respect, even if when they didn't go along.
>>
>>84404821
>I missed the time when both share a bond of true respect, even if when they didn't go along.
Was Messiah CompleX/War the best X-Men Xover in this century or was it?
>>
File: Scott.jpg (99 KB, 405x710) Image search: [Google]
Scott.jpg
99 KB, 405x710
>>84404576
Those were the best Wolverine and Cyclops. Comparing them, with what they become it's sad..
>>
>>84404005
>You realize mutants area separate species right?
A human and a mutant can have a child and said child will not be sterile. Ergo, they are not separate species.
Not only that, humans give birth to mutants and mutants can give birth to humans.

Basically anyone who tells you their a separate species is either being written by someone who doesn't understand biology or is someone who doesn't understand it themselves.
>>
>>84405238
>homo erectus
>homo habilis
>homo sapien
>homo superior

Sure, they're all the same
>>
>>84405355
what will come after the homo superior? homo ultimate? homo omega?
>>
>>84404344
Why is it that the LOUDEST COMMENTERS clearly never read the issues in question?

Because seriously, you have no idea what you're talking about. The context of that page makes Cyclops still, completely in the right. Also, this issue ends with Kitty and the kids from the past all choosing to join Cyclops and leave Beast, Wolverine, and Storm.
>>
>>84402530
That's why I am not in the Bring Back Richard Rider camp, people bothered Bendis about it and we got that Original Sin shit.

If Rich were to get back he would be just another Flash in GotG, only there for Bendis to ignore until he wants to shit on him.
>>
>calling yourself homo superior
>expecting people to take you seriously

Not even on San Francisco, mane
>>
>>84401417
Tony is absolved of all blame because he's smart, popular, and RDJ plays him.
>>
>>84402495
Children, anon, Logan murdered all his children.
>>
>>84405568
With an important detail, Logan never knew about their existence, neither that they were his, and he was tricked by Daken and the RRH to do so.
>>
>>84405458
>it was right to say that not sending the O5 back in time wasn't important
>blame Beast

you can pick only one
>>
>>84406530
they had more important issues to sort out, sending them back was not a priority

it's beast fault that they're even in the current timeline

i look forward to whatever mental gymnastics you employ next
>>
>>84405491
Marvel's insane scientific community called them that.
>>
File: rightclops and jean.jpg (66 KB, 500x676) Image search: [Google]
rightclops and jean.jpg
66 KB, 500x676
>>84400854

I Dream with a Day in the future, afther of the Dead of X, when the marvel arrasment to the X-men end, when RightClop and Jean Gray rebornd by the power ofthe Fenix, and a new golden era of the X.men arise
>>
>>84404853
The build up to AvX was all pretty strong, it's unfortunate that AvX was the turning point for of the end for good marvel comics.
>>
>>84407484
Is /co/ also plagued by ESLs?
>>84407543
I agree. All of the stuff with Hope was surprisingly well done for a character like her.

I actually stopped reading mostly altogether after ASM 700, and yep, same year as AvX
>>
>>84401417

If anybody has had worse character assassination it's Tony Fucking Stark.
>>
>>84403106
>he was right
>but that doesn't matter

Being right pretty much invalidates all other problems you dumb nigger.

>He thought a guy was going to use a nuke on New York
>He killed him and it turns out he was right
>Yes but he killed someone and must now face trial for that

That's you and how stupid you sound.
>>
>>84402509
Ultimate
>>
>>84407891
But somehow Tony has still been the face of the company for the better part of a decade and Marvel has bent over backwards to keep him in as many books as possible.
>>
File: RCO010[1].jpg (593 KB, 1280x1941) Image search: [Google]
RCO010[1].jpg
593 KB, 1280x1941
>>
>>84409497
The life of that kid didn't matter anyway, only Charles Xavier life mattered and Summers killed him
>>
>>84408099
his crimes have nothing to do with being right you retard
>>
>>84409497
The idea of Apocalypse being an innocent child now was kinda overdone and yet held some interest. Pretty stupid move to get Apocalypse to return and kill him in the same issue.
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 629x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 629x960
>>84401062
Can't argue with this.
>>
I'm pretty sure Axel Alonso said Scott is his favorite X-Man. So I can't wait for his return.
>>
On a semi-related note, it seems like Spider-Woman #9 is loosely based off a Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. that features Wolverine and a Canadian ski resort full of wendigos.
>>
>>84401480
War is war. Punching bank robbers is punching bank robbers.
Do heroes fight bank robbers these days?
>>
>>84400854
Don't worry my friend, rightclops will win in the end. Because he's right, and everyone hates inhuman, and they sell like shit. Once Ike will get fired, we will have good x-man comic again.
>>
>>84405443
>LGBTQI superior
>>
>>84401113
> fedora
he's a credit to his stereotype
>>
>>84403319
Are you me?
>>
File: wolvie civil war.jpg (256 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
wolvie civil war.jpg
256 KB, 768x1024
>>84401488
Wolverine chose to kill in Civil War. I think that's when he was most interesting because it wasn't in a berserker rage, it wasn't in a holier-than-thou state of anything, it was his own fucking hatred of the goon that caused the civil war with his profiteering business. Tortured or not, out of control or in control,when he chose to kill he was great at it.
>>
>>84412439
>Once Ike will get fired
Someone push that kid killer out a fucking window
>>
>>84400854
You're HALF right...

-- Logan was never actually dead, if they're going to be pulling him out of that adamantium that means he's been alive in that this entire time.

-- Rightclops ... well yeah, you'll never see HIM again ... except for flashbacks ... and Babyclops ... and timetravel adventures ... and the occasional alternate reality 'clops ... and in the next FOX movie ... and whatever plot-twisted-ness there might be next ...

-- Wolverine will not be undisputed anything, as Storm traditionally doesn't like to give up her authority, Professor Hypocrite will undoubtably weasel out of being dead, and let's not forget the inappropriate and self-contradictory aspect of superheroes following a reformed cold-blooded killer with a heart of gold.
>>
>>84413676
>Logan's been alive in the adamantium this entire time
Jesus Christ, just when you think the poor guy's endured every type of torture known to man.
>>
Wolverine is already back as Old Man Logan.
>>
>>84413719
There's a man who's earned the right to be a hypocrite.
>>
>>84400854
>Control freak with daddy issues
>Ever Right

Cyclops is a facist who thinks his own narrow viewpoint is correct and forever seeks out to make his own viewpoint the only one that matters.

In his eye(s) what he sees for Mutant kind, seclusion, has forever been causing the issues for mutants in the first place.
>>
>>84413676
But he lost healing factor, how is he supposed to survive?
>>
>>84413919
The mad doctor at the Weapon X lab where this adamantium got poured had finally figured out how to artificially produce Logan's healing factor, in a conveniently unguarded syringe, no less!
>>
>>84413964
Whatever happened to that "Deadpool will revive Wolverine" plot, anyway?
>>
>>84413998
Are you talking about the time 'Pool was left alone with a DNA sample and a cloning chamber?
THAT would not have been Wolverine, that would have been something Wolverine would have to kill in a two-part story.
>>
Where do I read this story? I haven't touched Marvel in years, but hearing all this discussion of whether Cyclops was right or wrong is fascinating
>>
>>84400854
Out of Curiosity, am I the only one who thinks that Cyclops is wrong, but the problem is that the writers don't actually present the case as to why he's wrong in the comics, and have Logan/Beast/Storm act like morons and hypocrites in the argument instead?

That being said, I will make the case for Logan not being a Hypocrite post Schism, as his characterization made sense at the time in light of his character growth in Aaron and Remender's runs. You may not have liked where it went, but I'd be hard pressed to see how Logan's shift into Professor Logan wasn't earned and natural in light of Revenge of the Right Hand, Schism, Final Execution, etc.
>>
>>84414148
There is no problem with Professor Logan himself, but there is a problem when Professor Logan says shit like this >>84401161
>>
>>84414148
>Out of Curiosity, am I the only one who thinks that Cyclops is wrong, but the problem is that the writers don't actually present the case as to why he's wrong in the comics, and have Logan/Beast/Storm act like morons and hypocrites in the argument instead?
Agreed totally m8
>That being said, I will make the case for Logan not being a Hypocrite post Schism, as his characterization made sense at the time in light of his character growth in Aaron and Remender's runs. You may not have liked where it went, but I'd be hard pressed to see how Logan's shift into Professor Logan wasn't earned and natural in light of Revenge of the Right Hand, Schism, Final Execution, etc.
Disagree completely fuck you faggot wtf i hate you now
>>
>>84400904
This is true. Cyke fans don't want to hear that though.
>>
>>84400854
one died and love while the other died offscreen, hated by all for doing what is right.
>>
>>84416219
>This is true.
I don't think it is. While everybody certainly do look like assholes the reader is never told that Cyclops is anything other than shit. Literally everybody thinks adult Cyclops is shit, including his younger self. He was "killed" off screen and no one cared or reacted. (still treating his memory like hitler and making jokes) He had a throw away death in secret wars and literally no one shed a tear.

If they were going to do a "He was dun wrong" thing, the time to do that would have been right after either of his deaths. But he just got shit on more.
>>
>>84401161
>you killed a mind-meddling telepath
>in self-defense because he fucking kept on attacking you even when you were trying to hold back and not go all destructive god Dark Phoenix on him
One of the best things Scott's ever done.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.