[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people not enjoy classic cartooning anymore? It seems like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: dvd-snap-165.jpg (254 KB, 1400x1045) Image search: [Google]
dvd-snap-165.jpg
254 KB, 1400x1045
Do people not enjoy classic cartooning anymore? It seems like we don't get that many products with really wacky, cartoony characters who actually push their poses and make really big, exaggerated faces. Even stuff like Uncle Grandpa was wacky but painfully on-model.

They Mickey shorts are amazing, why can't we get more stuff like that? Clearly it can be done on a tv budget because Wander Over Yonder pulled it off.
>>
>>84362751
You would love Wander Over Yonder. It's the closest thing to Looney Tunes out there.
>>
>>84363477
did you even read the OP post?
>>
The reason that stopped is because of the switch to digital. It's way cheaper to do everything with tweens then to to hand drawn transitions between unique poses.

If a modern studio wants to do a crazy reaction face, it's going to be a single still frame.
>>
>Do people not enjoy classic cartooning anymore?

70 year old cartoons are still aired world-wide today, so I would assume they are still enjoyed by all types of people.

Your real question seems to be 'why aren't old-style cartoons created anymore'. Well, that's because old cartoons were produced before the TV era. Something with that quality would be a nightmare today, because of time and money.
>>
>>84363497
Did YOU?
>>
>>84362751
The shorts you're talking about were not made for television. They were theatrical shorts, more comparable to Lava or The Ballad of Nessie.

WOY was the exception. That quality of animation on a TV budget has always been rare.
>>
>>84365961
Not him, but;
> Clearly it can be done on a tv budget because Wander Over Yonder pulled it off.
You're a fucking faggot, dumbass summerfag
>>
I feel like Ed Edd n Eddy came pretty close to the feeling of a classic cartoon a lot of the time. The amount of effort that went into that show is actually staggering, like how they composed music for each episode individually, often timed in reaction to something happening on screen and using a small jazz ensemble.
>>
>>84366086
why can't Wwrner Bros do that kind of thing again. I'd dig that if WB features came with a Loony Toons short at the start
>>
>>84362751
Because cartoonists forgot how to make funny cartoons.
>>
you have to have the same people drawing the inbetweens and the keyframes for cartoons to be good/expressive
no tweens
>>
>>84366160
The music and sound effects in that show were so on point.
>>
>>84362751
I love the exaggerated reactions. It was my favorite gag in Courage, but aside from that, I can't think of too many cartoons doing stuff like that.

I dunno if that's a bad thing though. We still have all those old shorts to go back and watch. Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, Popeye, they all still hold up.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.