[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We are looking at the very real possibility of DC overtaking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 12
File: 847663.jpg (66 KB, 298x436) Image search: [Google]
847663.jpg
66 KB, 298x436
We are looking at the very real possibility of DC overtaking Marvel in sales for a long period of time right now.

Early rumblings are that retailers are pissed about Marvel NOW! It's all of the same mistakes that Marvel made with ANAD, a serial debacle that's been crashing down the charts since the relaunch. No one is going to be lining up the door for ongoings for Solo, Foolkiller, and Slapstick, and the constant relaunches for titles with slight reconfiguration and the exact same creative teams is exciting nobody.

Marvel NOW has the same stench wafting about it that Convergence and DCYou had a year back. A few great low-key titles that are unfortunately borderline unsellable and a core line of titles that is so far adrift from what anybody wants that it might as well be virtually unrecognizable. Retailers aren't happy and they're likely going to respond the same way they responded to DCYou. Dramatically under-ordering the entire line.

Meanwhile, the only thing DC has to do is not fuck up their momentum. A pretty big "if" to say the least, but they're currently poised to launch JSA, JLA, and Shazam, and anything short of a horrendously botched launch, and those titles should be selling gangbusters.
>>
This is basically WWE vs WCW all over again
>>
>>84348106
>they're currently poised to launch JSA, JLA, and Shazam, and anything short of a horrendously botched launch, and those titles should be selling gangbusters.
so they all have Batman then?
>>
I know I'm fucking happy.

What I've seen in the lcs I used to work at now that I'm back there is a return of readers who fucked off after flashpoint. The comics right before that were utter shit just because they were wrapping up half assed and what followed was not much good and what was good, much too short.

I'm back and I know many are too, to buying, not just reading waiting and hoping.

And JSA makes me really hard.
>>
>>84348160
First issue of Green Arrow supposedly sold 100k, so Batman isn't exactly a necessity.

The iron has never been more hot to strike for relaunching JSA. There's no way that it won't end up being a top 10 title.
>>
>>84348168
And you and most of those who left are idiots for leaving
>>
It's kind of funny how Rebirth gracefully tricked guys like >>84348168 into thinking this was some big backpedal, when in reality every single ongoing and plotline in the Rebirth ongoings directly springs from a DCYou title.

Rebirth is still decidedly the New 52, they just got wise and fixed the hideous aesthetics and started rebuilding the relationships people cared about.
>>
As much as I enjoy the thought of Marvel getting their shit pushed in due to the crap they've been putting out recently, DC won't be able to maintain the lead until they can overcome Marvel's biggest asset - Star Wars. Thankfully, they just got the Harry Potter license and that takes off. Even if Marvel were to get back to "normal", having a successful Harry Potter line will narrow the gap considerably.
>>
>>84348211

Yeah I stopped buying what I didn't like and only returned when it pleased me again.

Maybe I should be smart and keep buying the the titles they didn't cancel with my fingers crossed, hoping the title will be all I hope. You know, since they cancelled the ones I did buy.

What I found that was good in the nu52 could have been done without Flashpoint with the possible exception of Morisson Supes, and his backstory could have gotten retconned yet again without it too.

>>84348228

Like JSA?
>>
File: We Good.png (233 KB, 500x478) Image search: [Google]
We Good.png
233 KB, 500x478
good guys do win sometimes
>>
>>84348266
This always bugged me for stupid reasons. If you take away non-comic-originated comic books like Star Wars, Harry Potter, Disney comics and Scooby-Doo, how do the two fair?
>>
>>84348266
They didn't get the Harry Potter license dude, that was a fake post.

Anyway, Star Wars books are slipping down the charts pretty considerably right now. They're still good midlist performers, but not like the huge sales juggernaut they were at launch.
>>
>>84348352
There are no Harry Potter comics. And for DC licensed comics like Scooby Doo and others don't really sell as much as Star Wars. Star Wars is a fucking beast when it comes to Marvel and has been since the initial run way back in the day.
>>
we are at war with marvel

We have always been at war with Marvel
>>
File: oFNyTik.jpg (984 KB, 1918x775) Image search: [Google]
oFNyTik.jpg
984 KB, 1918x775
>>84348266
>DC won't be able to maintain the lead until they can overcome Marvel's biggest asset - Star Wars.

Unless Disney decides to make call backs on "legacy" titles. Star Wars will just suffer the same shit that Marvel is currently doing with their own in house titles.
>>
I hope this is true. I can't believe Marvel's sells haven't tanked yet with their little status quo to piss everyone off. After OMD and more importantly watching Bendis take over, I joined the pirate world on their comics.
>>
>>84348444
>implying eternal company wars
>>
Foolkiller's getting his own book?
>>
>>84348478
If all those #givethecharacterbacktomarvel is any indication, it's pretty true
>>
I don't give a shit, I just want some good comics from both companies.

I'm fucking sick of all the company wars on /co/. I don't remember it being this bad some time ago, it's like suddenly /v/ invaded this board.
>>
>>84348508
Foolkiller, Slapstick and Solo.
>>
>>84348544
DCucks think they gonna win so they're doing maximum shitposting :^)
>>
>>84348106
>No one is going to be lining up the door for ongoings for Solo

>Solo ongoing

what
>>
>>84348106
I wouldn't count on them even coming close.

26% to 44% is a much steeper climb than you think; it's not about how the headliners sell - though it might be slightly easier since this year is significantly down on unit sales anyway - it's about how the books lower down the ranking are doing.

If you're getting 100k sales on your flagship title and the five others that link into the story that's great, even if you sustain it; it means you're making more money per title, which means (unless you fucked up your contracts) you're paying basically the same for production as when they were making 30k sales each.

But it's only great if the other 46 books in your lineup each month don't see a drop in their sales - if, in effect, you're creeping business from other producers in a closed market with a finite dollar spend and minimal new readers each month, which is what comic books appear to have been for a couple of decades at least. Every title that was doing 30k and is now only doing 20k hurts you, because the cost of producing it just went up by 30%. Every title that drops below financial viability requires a relaunch (or your line to shrink, which means layoffs), which costs money; true, if you concentrated your sales into fewer stronger-selling books (and they didn't experience sudden audience collapse down the line) you'd be doing better overall because of lower costs all around, but you wouldn't be overtaking the competition, just rationalizing output.

Put another way: in May DC sold 1.67m comic books to retailers (some of which will still be unsold, at those retailers, because of how the market functions). Assuming June matched May's sales, DC would need to sell another 1.1m comics just to match Marvel's sales - an unprecedented and likely unsustainable 1-month change.

As for a fall in Marvel sales - they'd need to lose 550,000 and DC gain the equivalent amount just to hit even. Again, this is probably not happening. It's still too steep a rise for DC.
>>
>>84348560
When did :^) become a thing?
>>
>>84348129
Considering that's the best period for wrestling, that's good. Competition is good for the consumer (you). It means companies put out the best product they can to attract customers instead of putting something out and telling you to like it, which is what Marvel is doing right now.
>>
>>84348572
>If you're getting 100k sales on your flagship title and the five others that link into the story that's great

Batman #1 alone sold 300k my dude.
>>
>>84348544
>it's like suddenly /v/ invaded this board.
>suddenly
/v/ has been invading since 08. They just got help from their buddies /tv/ and /pol/ now.
>>
>>84348228
DCYou had a large number of quality titles wrapped up in fringe characters. New-52 had a lot of quality material as well. What's wrong with keeping stuff that worked and tossing out stuff that didn't? It's the best of both worlds approach, and that's good.
>>
>>84348654
I'm not denying that it was a good. I'm just worried that one of the companies will go down in spectacular flames like WCW.
As much as I hate Marvel fanbase, I won't wish that kind of flames on any company/
>>
>>84348363
>They didn't get the Harry Potter license dude, that was a fake post.
Bah! It would have been better for the industry if DC did get the license.
>>
>>84348718
Hopefully, but we thought the same with WCW and WWF and look how fast that shit went down.
>>
What I find funny is that this board is completely oblivious to the fact that Marvel historically has always sold better than DC. It's not a Star Wars thing. Marvel is just more well known and popular with fucking casuals. DC is in the middle of a relaunch, they'll sell more for a while, then they'll return to the same old numbers with shitty characters such as Deadpool selling more than motherfucking Superman.
>>
Marvel deserves to get shit on for pandering so hard to people who don't read comics honestly. I was a fan of a few of their diversity pushes (when the characters were actually solid like Miles, Kamala, and Sam but the desperate "look at me!" act they're always doing with every aspect of their business is getting old as fuck. Plus keeping up with the constant relaunches is fucking exhausting, let a title get past thirty issues for fuck's sake.
>>
>>84348700
Keep in mind that even at the worst point in the past year, where Marvel led in the mid-40% and DC in the mid-20%, DC was more profitable than where they were pre-Flashpoint. The market largely expanded a bit with Star Wars comics. No matter who's on top, both companies are profitable, it's just the degree of profitability. Nobody's going anywhere.
>>
>>84348565
Marvel's new Black Hero is named Solo
>>
>>84348106
>Marvel NOW has the same stench wafting about it that Convergence and DCYou had a year back.
>DCYou
Stop this meme. DC had the balls to experiment with new books. You can't fault them for that. There are always some stinkers here and there but that's the name of the game.
>>
>>84348106
Not really. I'm sure they could win a few months, like when the New 52 happened. But I can't see them sustaining it. Not when Marvel still has a trump card to play; the same one DC is playing now.

Return things to the way they use to be. Tony Stark is Iron Man, Thor gets his hammer back, Banner becomes Hulk, Steve isn't Hydra and is the only Captain America, the FF return, etc. That's all it will take. Just like New Coke and Classic Coke.
>>
>>84348812

So, not James Bourne? Solo is popular enough to be a legacy? Did I miss something here?
>>
>>84348812
That's a dumb name
>>
>>84348544
>I don't remember it being this bad some time ago, it's like suddenly /v/ invaded this board.
Blame the movies. They brought /tv/ and all their memes here.

But also blame Marvel for being unreadable. Honestly though, how can you not be upset at the shit they've been forcing for the past 5 years?
>>
>>84348869
and you're racist.
>>
>>84348878
I've accepted that
>>
>>84348833
I don't know, it's the same old Solo on the promo art. Maybe he's thinking of a different guy?
>>
>>84348129
DCWO

FOR LIFE FOR LIFE
>>
>>84348872
>how can you not be upset at the shit they've been forcing for the past 5 years

Because there have been a lot of books I've enjoyed in that time frame and I tend to ignore books I don't think will be/are enjoyable
>>
>>84348544
Somebody wasn't here in 2011/2012
DC/new 52 was getting shat on so badly, it was like /co/ looked forward to the next editorial fuck up and announcement that a writer was leaving a book.
>>
>>84348478
Fuck off indiecuck

You wish you had this competition
>>
>>84348898
forgot pic
>>
>>84348924
Well, /co/ and human nature in general look forward to the next big fuck-up so we can enjoy some schadenfreude.
>>
>>84348106
>We are looking at the very real possibility of DC overtaking Marvel in sales for a long period of time right now.

Bwahahahahahah.
>>
>>84348936
Man, I really don't want Luna involved in this bullshit event
>>
>>84348968
I feel the same way anon
>>
>>84348828
>Steve isn't Hydra
Already addressed in the second issue of his ongoing
It was "totally not mind control" made by that cosmic-cube-become-little-girl from Avengers Standoff, and since they already revealed it it's implausible that they will keep it going much longer
>>
>>84348980
I don't even understand why they would bring in a character from a in my opinion fun all-ages book.
This event seems like it's way too heavy for the audience they're trying to sell the character to.
>>
>>84348767
Shhhh, ITT we're pretending we've read comics for longer than a year.
>>
Marvel deserves to get crushed.
>>
>>84348346
I miss when marvel were good guys
>>
>>84349078
>not wanting good comic from both companies that sell well

This is all any comic fan should ask for. I'm tired of books I like getting cancelled.
>>
>>84348924
I kind of wish I had been around for that.
>>
>>84349022
The reality is that her book is probably selling bad and tying it into an event is a great way to get a low-selling book a sales boost.
>>
>>84349112
Getting utterly crushed is the only way to get marvel printing quality comics again sadly
>>
>>84348433

Not from DCyou.
>>
>>84348767
Except unlike the previous relaunch from dc there has been near universal praise

And we are already observing the changes in editorial direction before our very eyes
>>
>>84348211
New 52 was GARBAGE.
>>
>>84349119
Man why do the books I like always do so badly?
>>
>>84348828
Never gonna happen that quick
The amount of readers lost because of diversity is far more then those gained.

But it will be nothing compared to readers lost if they suddenly get rid of the diversity.

Also rebirth is pretty much the first time a comics company has admitted they fucked up in years I would be very surprised if that happened twice in one year
>>
>>84349173
There were a few good books.
Some of them dragged on a little too long with certain plots though. Looking at you Animal Man
>>
Last time I checked DC didn't have Star Wars on their side, so no, that's not happening sadly.
>>
File: Oh Lawd.jpg (119 KB, 584x600) Image search: [Google]
Oh Lawd.jpg
119 KB, 584x600
>>84348106
>We are looking at the very real possibility of DC overtaking Marvel in sales for a long period of time right now.
>>
>>84348889
You've sunk so low.
>>
>>84348767
But i like DC now so when they do things I like then that means we win for forever right?

Anyway we're talking about a place who still thinks Marvel was only destroying DC during DCYou because of Star Wars and not because DC was selling worse than they have in the last 3-4 years.
>>
>>84349242
s-surely Jurgens writing Action Comics will be enough!
>>
>>84348106
>and the constant relaunches for titles with slight reconfiguration
It's not slight. Writers are basically asked yearly to interrupt all their run up until that point and realign the whole thing with some new NEVER BEFORE SEEN! or shocking premise they have to come up with. And that's while their runs also get interrupted by events. Really, Writing anything meaningful for Marvel at this point looks utterly fucking impossible.
>>
>>84349253
/co/ is the official home of the delusional DC fanboy, it is well known.
>>
>>84349254
Even Harley Quinn and Batman in every title wouldn't be enough.
>>
>>84349242
This.

It's possible that DC's superhero books will outsell Marvel's, but Star Wars is the biggest franchise in comics right now. That'll make the difference overall.
>>
>>84348767
The delusion here is that people think Marvel is currently doing well.

ANAD has been a complete sales disaster. The only reason you don't here about it quite as much is because DCYou was an even bigger one. The difference right now is that DC went back to the drawing board and brought out a relaunch that's both re-energized retailers and fans whereas Marvel is doing the exact same thing that fucked them in the first place.
>>
File: 1432494026039.jpg (329 KB, 500x2035) Image search: [Google]
1432494026039.jpg
329 KB, 500x2035
>>84349298
Possible but unlikely.
Apologizing for the Nu52 was a good start, but not even close to enough to propel them into #1.
Sometimes, there just isn't enough Batman.
>>
>>84349309
Will be fun to see what your rationale for DC gaining no ground a year from now will be.
>>
>>84348676
>a #1 sells a lot
Wow it's almost like you found out why companies relaunch a shit-ton
>>
>>84349280
In a better world Marvel writers would realize "I'm going to get 3 issues before a tie-in and 12 issues in total if I'm lucky so I'd better pack each issue full of content" but that's hard, it means writing a script and then revising it repeatedly, and maybe even getting it to the artist quickly enough to collaborate as opposed to "here it is, draw it".
>>
>>84348211
To be fair, until trinity wars new 52 was shit
>>
>>84348767
>always sold better
I think they only overtook them at the tail end of the eighties and then dipped a little when they went bankrupt.
>>
>>84349309
>The delusion here is that people think Marvel is currently doing well.

This
I want quality comics from both companies and the indies, but Marvel seems run by complete idiots that do PC race/sex swap shit hoping to woo the tumblr crowd.
>>
>>84349354
When DC relaunches with a bunch #1's it's fine, it's "re-energizing". When Marvel does it it's a gimmick.

/co/ will never learn.
>>
>>84349369
I second this
I just want some good cape comics again
>>
>>84349374
DC has relaunched once in 5 years.

Marvel has relaunched 6 times in 5 years. The post Secret War status quo literally lasted 6 months before they relaunched again.

If you can't tell the difference, well...
>>
>>84349374
To be fair new 52, DCYou and rebirth are the only times they've done a big relaunch like that
If they make a point to do it every year like Alonso is saying then I'm done with them too
>>
File: Batcard.jpg (38 KB, 584x324) Image search: [Google]
Batcard.jpg
38 KB, 584x324
>>84349354
This, there are many more Batman #1's in our future, and all of them will sell very, very well. ; They actual quality of the books would make 0 fucking difference.
>>
>>84348228
No one said otherwise.

But the fact remains that Rebirth made DC less shit and sales reflect that.
>>
>>84349399
>Marvel has relaunched 6 times in 5 years

Wait
I thought it was only 3?
I suppose 2011 was 5 years ago now
Man, I feel old

Either way that's too many
>>
>>84349247
Have I really?
>>
>>84349412
DCYou and new 52 must have been pretty shit if mediocrity across the line is a good thing.
>>
>>84349399
>The post Secret War status quo literally lasted 6 months before they relaunched again.

The status quo has remained the same for a long time, they only relaunch the comics themselves.
>>
>>84349424
Rarely do you see the creative lead apologize in print the way Johns has for that entire period.
>>
So here's the deal. Prior to rebirth the only time a mention of marvel sales beating out dcs would be during a sales discussion. And even then it wasn't typically gloating.

So once rebirth finishes its rounds (and kudos to dc for it coquetry its got some great aquaman and green arrow thus far) and shit swings back the othertb way...enjoy what's coming. I'll put weekly threads exalting how star wars comics alone are wiping the floor with dc sales. Not cos I care about muh company selling more...but because you've all been such insufferable cunts the last few weeks. And really for no good reason as marvel fans tend to be pretty mellow about this shit. But hey enjoy it. I know I will ;)
>>
>>84349424
Mediocrity is the DC fan way of life.
>>
>>84349399
Someone needs to make a version of the simisons gag that says "Days since relaunch" for marvel
>>
>>84348700
it's only going to push marvel to fire their worthless writers and artists and get better ones.

maybe hop off SJW dick because it's clearly not selling anything
>>
>>84349419
I was being hyperbolic.

Marvel NOW
All-New All-Different
Marvel NOW!

Are the 3 relaunches in the last 5 years.
>>
>>84349489
ok
>>
>>84349501
Wasn't there an All-New Marvel NOW! tucked in there somewhere?
>>
File: hahaha excelsior.jpg (41 KB, 560x437) Image search: [Google]
hahaha excelsior.jpg
41 KB, 560x437
>>84349489
>I'll put weekly threads exalting how star wars comics alone are wiping the floor with dc sales. Not cos I care about muh company selling more...but because you've all been such insufferable cunts the last few weeks. And really for no good reason as marvel fans tend to be pretty mellow about this shit. But hey enjoy it. I know I will ;)

Based.
>>
>>84348266
Harry Potter thing was from a Onion style website. The joke was about how the author of the books NEVER allows niche licensing because she thinks stuff like comics and other "geek media" is beneath her.
>>
>>84349489
>I'll put weekly threads exalting how star wars comics alone are wiping the floor with dc sales. Not cos I care about muh company selling more..

You know there's not a single Star Wars comic selling above 90k and that they've been trending down considerably the last few months right? Darth Vader is ending, Poe Dameron had a pretty soft launch, Anakin & Obi-Wan will probably find it's footing around 30k, and Star Wars will likely be the only top 25 Star Wars book once Vader ends.

Star Wars isn't a sales juggernaut anymore. The heat just isn't there like it was when they launched prior to Episode 7.
>>
>>84349489
>I can't handle the bantz
Leave the board
>>
>>84349512
Here it is

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/allnew-marvel-now/4015-56264/

>As a third wave of Marvel NOW!, Marvel announced an initiative called All-New Marvel NOW!. This initiative will see new titles launched between December 2013 and May 2014. Any title launched during Phase One will receive a new jumping on point numbered xx.NOW (for example, Avengers #24.NOW).

dot now, dot INH
>>
>>84349412
But Marvel hasn't produced anything above average post 80s and still manage to sell.
>>
>>84349495
And "Days since (partial) reboot" for DC
>>
>>84349537
Why? When being a little pissbabby once dc sales fall below marvels again will be so sweet.
>>
>>84349367
Marvel started selling more books than DC in 1966 and maintained a modest lead through the sixties and seventies. I think DC had the highest selling books though. Superman was super big back in the day and had several spinoffs. The Marvel lead was helped by their diversity (Star Wars and tomb of Dracula) and the DC implosion.

I'm not sure how the figures look if you just look at average sales per title though. It may have been that most of the time Marvel sold more books simply because they printed more titles.

When the nineties hit forget it. It was a Marvel World even with the bankruptcy. Everyone needed their spider man and x-men.
>>
>>84349535
B-but marvel is only selling more than DC because of Star Wars!
>>
>>84349534
I really admire that woman, I've never read her books or watched her movies but... the way she treats her franchise, I really like it.

>>84349535
>Star Wars isn't a sales juggernaut anymore.

lol dis nigga.
>>
>>84349517
I won't be able to take it. Since the DCEU, the amount of fanboy tears i've ingested has my doctor giving me grave warning about my salt intake.
>>
>>84349553
>it's the "Marvel doesn't produce anything good" meme
>>
>>84349580
Funnier yet, it's the "Marvel doesn't produce anything at the quality level of DC" meme
>>
>>84349573
>the way she treats her franchise, I really like it
Did you read ANYTHING about the god awful play?
>>
>>84349572
There's some baffling belief around here that every Star Wars book is pushing like 100k right now.

They're good mid level performers and Star Wars & Vader are consistent top 15 books, but they're not some kind of massive sales force that can't be stopped.
>>
>>84349617
No, mind telling me more?
>>
>>84349621
I know right
It got so bad that somebody made an edit of the comichron chart by taking out #1s and Star Wars just so people can see that DC was really doing shit and it wasn't just Star Wars
>>
>>84349621
Consistently making Top 15 is called not selling now.
>>
>>84349623
I can't remember much from the summary, but the story is about Albus, Harry's son, and Malfoy's kid. There's a rumor that Malfoy got cucked by Voldemort and then Harry starts doing some kind of weird time travel bullshit plot to find out what happened. Harry is a massive dick to Albus, and Hermione is played by a ridiculously ugly black woman.
>>
>>84349656
I'm sorry, where did I say that these books aren't selling?

Could you possibly be knowingly disingenuous right now? I know this is 4chan, but there is some decorum to be followed here.
>>
>>84348812
There new black hero is Mosaic. The Solo folks are talking about is James Bourne.
>>
>>84349704
>James Bourne
Fucking really ?
>>
>>84349690
I don't know what any of that means, as I've said I haven't got the slightest idea what happens in the HP universe.

I just really like the way she keeps control over her franchise. Seems to me she whores it out just enough and always on her own terms, I think it's fantastic.
>>
>>84349298
Isent the walking dead bigger
>>
>>84348508
Foolkiller is a title, not a character. It's presumably a new guy.
>>
>>84349322
Twice per month of nearly everything IS enough to potentially put them over the top.
>>
>>84349309
This
Marvel is not learning from there mistakes like dc is
Then again they did hire synder after watchmen and then again after man of steel
>>
>>84349723

Has very little in common with Jason, and predates the movie, (not the book, though)
>>
>>84349723
>Fucking really ?
Fucking really, what?
Fucking really, that's his name? Yep.
Fucking really, this is the Solo folks are talking about? Yep.

Solo is Jason Bourne.

I mean you check his wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solo_(Marvel_Comics)
>>
>>84349785
>they did hire synder after watchmen and then again after man of steel

That's WB, not DC editorial.
>>
June numbers are up. Sorry DCucks but Civil War 2 is on the rise.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dc-comics-sales-rise-on-rebirth-marvel-still-tops-overall-in-june-2016-sales
>>
>>84349374
Because dc doesent do it all the fucking time.

They do it in retarded ways and have done since the shitpile of crisis on infinite earths but there not doing it fucking constantly
>>
>>84349792
>Jason Bourne
James. I'm an idiot.
>>
>>84349447
Thats one of the best things dc is admitting they fucked up
>>
>>84349822
Oh a #1 of e vent sold a lot ? and considering that DC has 7 on the top 10 i don't really see the problem
>>
>>84349822
>three (3) non-batman books made the top 10

Holy shit, DC living the dream.
>>
>>84349558
I suppose fair is fair.
Can't really use that board then though it won't fit 2 countdowns in the frame
>>
>>84349844
to be honest, i had no idea at how hold he was so you do have a point, still i think the name is stupid
>>
>>84348718
Dident they say the same thing with the wrestling stuff though.

Still marvel can't possibly go completely under as long as they dominate film
>>
>>84349822
From my lack of (You)s, I assume that all DCucks have partaken in synchronized suicide. Well, GG. It was nice you thought you were actually going to win but let's face it. You're just gonna list down excuses
>B-but DC has lower prices so lower dollar share
>B-but Marvel Event and New #1s
>B-but there were more Marvel Books than DC Books out that month
>B-but Rebirth is making comics great again
You guys are fucking pathetic. It's a Marvel World and you faggots can suck it.
>>
File: valiant-emojis-142611.jpg (58 KB, 525x259) Image search: [Google]
valiant-emojis-142611.jpg
58 KB, 525x259
>>84349822
>Valiant in the top 10

YOOOOOOOOOOOO IT'S HAPPENING
>>
>>84349354
>>84349374
>>84349408
Sales are still dominating the charts despite being past the #1s.
>>
>>84349909
You can go back to your movie thread now
>>
>>84349917
I don't think I''m seeing what you're seeing.
>>
>>84349883
I had no idea who he was either. And yea the name is stupid. I guess Michelinie/Silvestri were fans of Robert Ludlum.
>>
I hate to say it, but Marvel needs a New 52.

Like, not what Ultimate did in which they started a new universe and continued the mainstream on the side. There needs to be an entirely clean slate. The shit that's been fucked from then to now is just too much, we need a reset.

You'd think Secret Wars would've been that point, but no.
>>
>>84349957
why? What happened to the DC was gonna overtake Marvel attitude? It's just gonna go lower from there if relaunches show any consistency.
>>
>>84350012
>It's just gonna go lower from there if relaunches show any consistency
are you forgetting that retailers are getting mad as fuck at how many relaunches they are having and people are overall not digging the stuff marvel has announced ? i hope you are ready for Doom being written by Bendis
>>
>>84350004

>resetting to a universe full of cis straight white males

Why do you hate progress?
>>
>>84350004
I'm fucking sick of all this fake continuity and resets.

Just, can we please stop pretending it matters anymore? All integrity died years ago. My favorite characters all effectively died years ago. My favorite books have all been cancelled.

I have no reason to keep reading. Marvel you took them from me. You took it all, and replaced it with incendiary and deliberatively agitative trash.
>>
>>84350004
Marvel will never admit a Reboot, they could use something like Rebirth though
>>
>>84350066
Ewww, I think I will regret asking this but: what characters did you like?
>>
>>84350056

as much as retailers may dislike whats happening, they still need to make money, so they need to order what people want to read (which is Marvel)
>>
>>84350056
yet Civil War 2 is the #1 most ordered :^) I went to my LCS and guess what anon? No Rebirth Book on display or in sight, it's hidden, it's being jewed out. Civil War 2 is being whored out to the masses because that is what they want. Get over it. If it wasn't for the #1s, DC Rebirth would have been DC You 2.0
>>
>>84350129
>so they need to order what people want to read
Yes, i am pretty sure that people want to read stuff like Black iron man and an avengers group by a terrible writer
>>
So do retailers see the constant #1's from Marvel as a bad thing?
>>
Which is the one with all the shitty reboots that pander to people who don't read comics? I want that one to lose.
>>
>>84350158
welll it seems that they do since it has outsold majority of DC's books.
>>
>>84349822
2 Marvel event issues in the top 10. DC is finished now.
>>
>>84350157
Wont this means that people actually bough the books ?
>>
>>84350180
>Majority Market Share despite people telling them they fucked up
Yep, DC sure is finished anon. You said it yourself. Even got a rise in the Dollar Share there.
>>
>>84350056
I don't know anon, I'm pretty excited for Champions, Dr Strange's mystic team, and Unworthy Thor. I don't read Bendis and I'm not much of a Doom or Tony fag, so all the stuff that is making people angry doesn't really effect me. I'm happy that DC has finally gotten back on even ground with Marvel comics, but they haven't exactly wowed me yet, don't get me wrong, King is doing a good job making Batman enjoyable again, and it's nice that real Wally is back, but nothing in Rebirth has yet to strike me as a Must Read title, though I did hear that a Shazam ongoing was on its way, of course DC also told us a Shazam ongoing would be featured in New 52 as well, so we'll see I guess.
>>
>>84349871
Just because they're #1s. Soon everything will be back to normal with just Marvel and Batman dominating the top 10. We'll be lucky if Justice League makes it to the first 10. DC is overall let's popular than Marvel and that's always been the case.
>>
>>84350244
it probably will dip to low 40K to even 30K now that Johns is off the book
>>
>>84350215
But Marvel market share actually went down and DC went up so yeah
>>
>>84350004
Why would they need a reboot if they're always selling better than DC?

DC is the one that always try to fix (and fuck up in the process) their characters because they want to compete with Marvel by being "Hip and cool" (whatever the fuck that is)
>>
>>84350261
Dollar Share still went up, Unit Share only went down since they cancelled some titles you idiot.
>>
>>84350230
>Champions
Man, i want to read this, but Waid cant write tens for shit
>>
>>84350260
Such is the fate of DC. They'll always be the eternal 2nd placers.
>>
>>84350292
be wrote Impulse remember? He can definitely write young.
>>
>>84349501

They also had Avengers NOW after Original Sin
>>
>>84350244
less popular*

Fuck
>>
>>84350304
In between Impulse and now came Threeboot, which was pretty heavy-handed on the Youth In Revolt theme.
>>
>>84350292
apparently neither can you kekek
>>
Didn't the same shit happen during the nu52? High sales during the beginning and then they plummeted except Batman? I fucking hate Marvel but that doesn't mean DC is the champion of quality or the savior of capeshit. Besides, both DC and Marvel are fighting for peanuts, the real money is on movies and other media. Comics stopped being relevant decades ago
>>
>>84349909
Here's a (You) for effort
>>
>>84350244
I know that, but it's weird to see.
>>
>>84348106
>Marvel reclaimed the #1 position on Diamond Comics Distributors' sales charts in June, with "Civil War II" #1 outselling the rest of the month's offerings.

>In fact, Marvel remained the number one publisher overall, though DC Comics' Rebirth powered the publisher to a larger market share, with seven releases landing in the Direct Market's Top Ten. "Batman" and "Batman: Rebirth" were the second and third best sellers, respectively, while "Dark Knight III," "Dark Knight Returns: the Last Crusade," "Superman: Rebirth" "Wonder Woman" and "Superman" landed in positions 6 - 10.

>"Star Wars: Han Solo" #1 and "Civil War II" #2 were Marvel's remaining Top Ten releases.

>"Saga: Vol. 6" was the best-selling graphic novel for May. "Dark Night: A True Batman Tale," Paul Dini's recounting of his late-90s mugging, illustrated by Eduardo Risso, was #2.

>Overall, Marvel's Direct Market shares rose to 40.08% in dollar shares, and dipped slightly to 44.17% unit shares. DC Comics rose on the back of Rebirth to 29.93% in dollars, and 31.69% in units. Image was once again third, making up 7.88% of the market in dollars, and 7.64% in units.

>Monthly comics sales were up significantly from May, and saw an increase over June 2015.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dc-comics-sales-rise-on-rebirth-marvel-still-tops-overall-in-june-2016-sales
>>
>>84350401
If they can't get #1 next month with even more new releases then DC is not ever going to take the #1 spot with Rebirth.
>>
>>84349558
So it'd change every 25 years?
>>
>>84349691
You can't be hyperbolic on /co/ now?
>>
>>84350159
Nah, it's just a meme. #1's spike sales, why wouldn't they like that?
>>
>>84350401

>>84350319
>>84350334
>>
>>84350271
>Always trying to fix their characters
Yeah, dc is the one turning their characters into transgender pan sexual teens.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 417x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 417x640
>>84349254
I trust him he made this jem
>>
>>84350519
No, but they're changing things about their mythology and giving them useless and stupid armor
>>
>>84350742
Not really, i don't remember DC changing Batman race or superman for no reason
>>
>>84350832
I remember during Multiversity, there was a universe where all the JL were black, except for Batman.
>>
>>84350832
But I do remember them retconning or rebooting their characters more than once. DC has ALWAYS trying to catching up to Marvel. Admit this faggot instead of being a delusional DCcuck. Jesus, and I even like DC more but not even I am this delusional.
>>
>>84350832
Marvel aren't changing existing characters, they're having new (shitskin) characters taking up older mantles. It's like Batwing or Chinese Super-man. It's not like Marvel is turning a famous well-liked red-haired white kid into a nigger.
>>
>>84349734
Not really. Star Wars has multiple titles that regularly outsell it.
>>
>>84350832
>he doesn't remember the 90s and mid 00s when DC did this to like a dozen characters
>>
If Batman is the only character that sells over 100k that just shows how much DC sucks.
>>
>>84351435
>Comparing Jaime and Ryan Choi to Whor and Negress Iron man
Kill yourself.
>>
>>84351522
Outside of #1s, I'm pretty sure the only characters that regularly sell 100k+ are Batman and Spider-Man period, not really much of a statement.
>>
>>84351645
Deadpool
>>
>>84351292
Both companies make stupid stupid retcons to update their characters. Spider-man selling his marriage, superior iron man and having legacy characters all of a sudden, most without build up is a fucking gimmick too.
>>
>>84351645
Actually spider man hasn't sold 100k+ regularly in a long time.
Even Superior spider man sold more like 80k-90k. Might've sold 100k+ had it not double shipped.
>>
>>84351683
Deadpool gets there occasionally but not regularly.
>>
Quality sells right? I guess that's why Grayson, Omega Men, Prez, and a whole load of other great comics were top sellers for DC right?

Don't delude yourself.
>>
>>84352264
>Omega Men, Prez,

>good

Don't delude yourself.
>>
>>84349822
Marvel also shipped double the titles that DC did.
>>
I'm glad that DC is always 2nd place. Popular inherently means bad quality.
>>
>>84352423
Marvel doesn't own Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc tho
>>
>>84352264
>quality sells
even if this were true, a good half of Rebirth have been incredibly mediocre
>>
>>84352511
Only half is not bad at all for modern Big Two. That's far less bad titles than New 52 or Marvel Now/ANAD or etc.
>>
>>84352511
Well many of the books are probably gonna be at where they were before or lower due to double shipping so the sales should fit
>>
File: 1460489645562.png (91 KB, 231x249) Image search: [Google]
1460489645562.png
91 KB, 231x249
>>84349098
>implying marvel ever was the good guys
>>
>>84349374

DC renumbers every once in a while, Marvel renumbers every fucking six months
>>
>>84349909

I really hope this is bait and that an actual person isn't fanboying this fucking hard
>>
>>84349192
rotworld was the only thing that animal man did wrong
>>
>>84351710
Both companies make stupid stupid retcons to update their characters.

But they don't change their continuity and retool their entire world and mythology to "make them more human and relatable" like DC has been trying to do since the 70s.
>>
File: 1460748494184.jpg (99 KB, 600x356) Image search: [Google]
1460748494184.jpg
99 KB, 600x356
>>84348106
>White Man Captain America
>Now a Black Man who defends illegal aliens at the border

>White Man Thor
>Now a Woman who relies on GIRL POWER XD in her comics

>White Man Hulk
>Now an Asian Kid

>White Man Spider-Man
>Now an uninteresting half-black half-hispanic teenager

>White Woman Ms. Marvel
>Got a Lesbian Haircut and calls herself 'Captain Marvel'
>While Ms. Marvel is now some Teenage Muslim Girl

>White Man Captain Britain
>Now a Muslim Woman

>White Man Iron Man
>Now a Black 15 year old girl who is smarter than Tony

>Bobby Drake goes through a time portal and inexplicably comes out gay

>Red Skull basically gives speeches of Donald Trump's platform, so you know Donald Trump is a bad guy in real life =^)

Oh and Donald Trump is also a MODOK villain in a new Spider-Gwen issue where he enslaves mexicans and mexican-americans. Because you know that's literally what he wants to do in real life because he's literally hitler.

Shit sales is what they get for pandering to to teenaged girls and SJWs and not just respecting the heroes that people enjoy and grew up with

[Unsolicited Opinions on Israel]
>>
>>84354077
>White Man Captain Britain
>Now a Muslim Woman

Anon, just because you read a panel out of context doesn't make it true.
>>
>>84354077
But Steve is still around.
Thor is coming back
Bruce is still alive and it's not like he ever wanted to be the Hulk.
Peter is still around.
Red Skull is a villain who tells people what they want to hear so they do what he says. What's wrong with that?
>>
>>84348171
Green Arrow has Arrow fangirls buying it now though.
>>
>>84354938
You say this but prior to Rebirth it wasn't even breaking 40k. Most of the Arrow fangirls are mad because it doesn't have Felicity.
>>
>>84354727
>Bruce is still alive
For like a week if we can believe the rumors
Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.