[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion on Future Quest so far? I'm really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: Future Quest (2016-) 002-000.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Future Quest (2016-) 002-000.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
What's your opinion on Future Quest so far? I'm really digging it. Park has a great way of blending all these different universes together naturally.Also any talk of the other Hanna-Barbera titles is welcome
>>
>>84345549
did they have to kill Gleep and Tundro?
>>
File: space ghost1.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
space ghost1.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1152
The world needs more Space Ghost, its easily the coolest superhero name.
>>
>>84345578
i the symbol on his chest the silhouette of his head an shoulders?
>>
>>84345564
Yes and yes.
>>
File: MXKYzig.gif (2 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
MXKYzig.gif
2 MB, 371x209
>>84345549
It's easily the best of the Hannah-Barbera line by a mile. Hell, it's arguably the best DC comic atm. I started this comic with no nostalgia with any of the characters (I've never really seen any of the action cartoons HB had, mostly Scooby-Doo, Flinstones, Jetsons, and the occasional Yogi) but it made me want to watch the shows each of the characters spawned from because it's just so damn cool.
>>
Yeah, I'm really enjoying Future Quest. I prefer Scooby Apocalypse, mainly because of how the character's voices are spot on but I'm not going to claim it's a particularly well made comic.

The Flintstones was pretty cool and I might need to keep it on my radar.

Though, we can forget that whole 'same universe' theory. I know they've said it in interviews and stuff but there's nothing in the books to suggest that. While Wacky Raceland could be set a while after Apocalypse, the other titles work better in their own universe.
>>
>>84347184
>Best of the Hannah-Barbera line by a mile.
I take you haven't read the Flintstones then.
>>
File: 1467817254364.png (686 KB, 607x625) Image search: [Google]
1467817254364.png
686 KB, 607x625
Pretty fucking good so far, it's setting up a perfect premise for a saturday morning cartoon series that would end at a random point without a proper ending due to cancellation. I can just tell it'll end before they finish destroying the entirety of omnikron or whatever its name is but the overall positive tone of the ending would lead us to believe they'd finish the job but off screen.
>>
>>84347493

Flintstones is good, but it's pretty dark satire and that's not to everyone's tastes. Future Quest is just flat out high octane adventure and does a lot in its first two issues to establish the stakes and main characters.
>>
>>84345549

After Venture Bros, Space Ghost Coast to Coast & Harvey Birdman i never thought anything could make me take Johnny Quest, Space Ghost, Birdman and other characters in 1 book seriously. Then this happened and it was the greatest thing ever.

>>84347184
I have nostalgia for all these shows because Cartoonnetwork on a saturday and sunday night would just rerun them when i was a kid so i remember watching a shit ton of episodes and a good book staring all of them is just so great.

>>84347477

Didn't think anything would make me like the Flintstones ever but that first issue was really good.
>>
File: 1440362900207.gif (120 KB, 497x372) Image search: [Google]
1440362900207.gif
120 KB, 497x372
>>84345549
Can anyone storytime the second issue please?
>>
>>84347814
The next issue (while it's a two fill-in stories in one) may flesh out the villains.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.