[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Daria had a reboot this year, what would you want it to be like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 500x688) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 500x688
If Daria had a reboot this year, what would you want it to be like?
>>
No.
>>
I wouldn't want it.
>>
the original show with the original music.
>>
>>84339820
Adult Daria. Same writers an' shit.
>>
>>84339845
this. a Daria series today would turn her into a huge SJW.
>>
Change Daria to be a lesbian to fit the current year.
>>
>>84339936
I don't think an apathetic teen snarking at everything would translate to SJW.

Unless teenagers aren't apathetic anymore like in the 90s... What kind of crazy world would that be?!
>>
>>84339936

>>84340031
This. You weren't paying attention to the series if you think that she'd be an SJW. If anything she'd be taking the piss out of SJWs.
>>
>>84339959
So change nothing?
>>
>>84340031
>>84340163
Daria in the 90s wasn't an SJW. Daria today, as in a new series taking place now, she would be.
>>
>>84339820
Just make some shorts where she watches sick sad world and various satires of other shows plaguing our airwaves
Like Beavis and Butthead, but with Daria and Jane
>>
>>84340240
>>84340163
>>84340031
Even forgetting the whole "Daria would be the equivalent of a modern SJW" it'd be on MTV from what I've seen seems kind of desperate.
>>
The characters would be more or less the same. Except Jane, Jane would be the blue hair tumblrina SJW. Which Daria would not be able to stand, but does anyways because Jane is the only one that will be her friend.
>>
>>84340240
I can imagine SJW themes reverberating throughout it, but for Daria to stay true to her character, she would have to remain relatively apathetic.

I feel like people call SJW whether or not it actually makes sense because they're already annoyed by Daria's attitude.
>>
>>84339820

Nonexistent.
>>
File: th.jpg (13 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
13 KB, 300x200
>>84339820
It would be a martyr for the revival of the scared early to mid twenty year old people transitioning into adulthood animation genre.
>>
>>84339820
i don't care, as long as it genuinely appealed to and represented the legitimate outcast, the loner. not the member of the group that boosts itself up by CALLING itself oppressed.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.