[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After Apocalypse, will the X-Men Movies go cosmic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: X-Men-in-Space.jpg (142 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
X-Men-in-Space.jpg
142 KB, 1200x600
After Apocalypse, will the X-Men Movies go cosmic?
>>
>>84329739
I will never understand why the X-men and space are so intwined. It's literally a franchise thats an allegory for racism. How does space shit fit into that?
>>
>>84329739
>implying the franchise isn't going to shrivel into the backing band for Deadpool
>>
>>84329739
I wish they just go the other way and change the focus to urban problems like the mutant prejudice, using the morlocks and storylines like god loves man kills.

The x-men were never supposed to be heroes in the first place
>>
>>84330352
>The x-men were never supposed to be heroes in the first place
But the entire reason Xavier put the team together was to show people mutants in a positive light, and sent them out to do good.
>>
>>84329739
maybe, they still haven't gone into space yet.

Phoenix junk started because of space adventure
Shi'ar and Professor X's sugar momma
the Brood
Break World
maybe use those F4 aliens since Fox can't get F4 right
>>
No they gonna be radical

Next movie is set in the 90s
>>
>>84329739
Probably. They set it all up in Apocalypse already. You see him using alien technology to transfer his consciousness into new bodies, absorbing tech is Apocalypse's thing, and they show him learning about the modern world through touching a TV so we know he has that ability.

Plus they flat out said that the one place that they haven't gone to yet that's a big piece of x-men mythology is space. Couple that with Apocalypse saying something about a prophecy when he was getting his face melted by Jean's emerging phoenix powers, which were a major plot point with the Shi'ar and I think that the Shi'ar somehow gave technology to Apocalypse out he stole it and they're going to be coming to deal with the Phoenix.
>>
>>84330788
>Mr Sinister on Asteroid M using Shi'ar technology to splice genes

I hope something like this happens
>>
>>84330187
>not Sansa
>>
>>84329739
It'll go nowhere. It was a disappointment.
>>
>>84329739
no

honestly, we don't even know that FOX bothered to buy the Shi'Ar rights; it would explain why they've never mentioned them in two goes at the Phoenix

probably what they're going to do is underperform in the eyes of producers who are after another DoFP and get hard rebooted into a tv show

Ryan Reynolds will then have come full circle

>>84330112
because someone decided to send them into space and it became popular; the Shi'Ar didn't really appear until the late 1970s (guess why space opera was popular then) and the X-Men were never really popular before that; they only continued in print because Stan Lee insisted on keeping them going

basically, it worked once and you keep doing what works
>>
>>84330112
Because Claremont wrote whatever the fuck he wanted and nobody ever stopped him.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.