[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Cartoons that should've had a toyline.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: motorcity-the-burners-1.jpg (558 KB, 1500x2091) Image search: [Google]
motorcity-the-burners-1.jpg
558 KB, 1500x2091
ITT: Cartoons that should've had a toyline.
>>
Is this in a "I woulda bought the shit out of these toys" way or a "I wanted this show to have good merchandising so it wouldn't be cancelled" way?
>>
File: Sym-Bionic_Titan_logo.svg.png (66 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
Sym-Bionic_Titan_logo.svg.png
66 KB, 1280x768
>>
There were plans to revive motor city on the Hub with a toyline by hasbro but that didn't went too far.
>>
>>84320938
>I woulda bought the shit out of these toys

Fuck, I woulda bought model kits and glued and painted them myself. Motorcity was ripe for that shit.
>>
>>84320977
Stop it, Anon. I said stop it!
>>
if they had put more effort into the Young Justice toyline, maybe people would have actually bought it. they were pretty pathetic compared to other DC-related toys Mattel was putting out at the time, basically being dinky little 4.25in bricks when most people who want toys (both kids and adults) would prefer figures that were closer to 5.5-6in, and with more articulation
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 412x513) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 412x513
>>84320977
How the fuck were they expecting any toy manufacturer to make this design into a toy.
>>
File: the toys that never were.png (1 MB, 1280x830) Image search: [Google]
the toys that never were.png
1 MB, 1280x830
>>
File: 51EaHpu1QwL._SS500_.jpg (57 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51EaHpu1QwL._SS500_.jpg
57 KB, 500x500
>>84321963
A lot of DC shows deserved better.
>>
>>84322156
Robots are easy to make toys out of. Manus and Corus weren't all that complex to begin with.

Not to mention all the possibility of roleplay items
>>
>>84322156
Sym-Bionic Titan was canceled because CN execs are shitty, not to mention a few production troubles.
>>
>>84322253
That shouldn't have stopped them from getting a toy deal. Were the manufacturers intimidated?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.