[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman Beyond
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Batman_Beyond_V3_01_Cover_3.jpg (345 KB, 1280x1971) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Beyond_V3_01_Cover_3.jpg
345 KB, 1280x1971
I really loved the cartoon but I'm confused about the comic, does it not take place in the universe that the show did?
>>
>>84315924
They kinda fucked it desu.
>>
>>84315924
Just don't.
>>
>>84316030

Well that's disappointing, a comic continuing in that universe would be really cool.
>>
Why whats wrong with it. I know its getting a rebirth in august btw
>>
>>84316041
>>84316030

How bad is it? I really liked the cartoon when I was younger, and now this seems like a bad thing to check out.
>>
>>84316045
It's a similar universe, it's just not Terry for whatever fucking reason.
>>
>>84316081
Speaking of terry, was his combat abilities all the suit, or could terry actually fight? He usually pussed out from brawls, but he was shown to be slick when he jacked that motorcycle in the first episode by kicking someone off of it.
>>
>>84316081

Well that also sounds kind of dumb, I just want more of the cartoon.
>>
>>84316054
>>84316081
The book in the OP isn't the current one by Jurgens
>>
>>84316121
pretty sure there's an episode where they answer that question
>>
>>84315924
It's a bit confusing.
The volume in your pic seems to be set in the DCAU continuity.
There was a BB digital comic that ran for quite a while that was certainly set after the show (but before Epilogue). It was pretty faithful to the spirit of the show and is the only actual continuation of the DCAU timeline. It's worth a read.

The most recent BB title was set in an alternate future of the nu52 universe. It was also complete shit and featured Tim Drake as Batman after Terry was killed off, don't read it. Apparently there's a reboot coming up, but it'll still be set in mainstream DC continuity and not the DCAU.
>>
That one does.
The one that spun off of Convergence takes place in some alternate future that may or may not be the one the main universe is headed to.

The Batman Beyond cartoon and Justice League Beyond comics are canonized as Earth 12.

Terry is coming back as Batman Beyond, he's back in the comic right now, as a matter of fact, with amnesia. No idea how since he was killed in Future's End.

Any more questions?
>>
>>84316153
I suppose. He was also on the wrestling team.
>>
>>84316121
He could street fight competently before he was Batman. Then he got trained by Bruce and is eventually skilled enough to break into Wallers house without the suit by the time he's in his 20s.
>>
>>84316232

Do I need to read new 52 Green Arrow to read rebirth or can I just go in to it?
>>
>>84316081
>>84316124
It was Terry for a while. OP's book kicked it off, and was okay-ish but felt more like a mediocre Batman story than a Batman Beyond story. There was a Terry ongoing after that followed by/combined with Justice League Beyond, and it was all written poorly and then they killed Terry in Future's End and threw Tim Drake in the suit and everybody hates it because fuck Tim Drake.
>>
>>84316271
The first two books aren't connected to The Futures End version of Batman Beyond.
>>
>>84316268
you can just go in, I didn't read anything before and I was fine
>>
File: 1460811513486.jpg (62 KB, 600x461) Image search: [Google]
1460811513486.jpg
62 KB, 600x461
The DCYou Batman Beyond book does not, no.
Batman Beyond 2.0, Jokerz, Hush Beyond, Batgirl Beyond, etc do.

>>84316065
>How bad is it?
Assuming you're talking about the non DCYou Batman Beyond comics, they fucked with the timing/relationships of everything laid out in the show and did shit like pic related because they're shipperfags, and they added unnecessary angst, and made Batman an even bigger asshole than he ever was on any DCAU show.
>>
>>84316268
Dive right in, just read the GA Rebirth oneshot first.
>>
>>84316330
>DCAU Batman being a massive cunt
>He's wearing the TNBA suit
Perfect.
>>
>>84316121
He's naturally athletic and is an average brawler. the suit amplifies his shit immensely, although Bruce constantly trains him so that he doesnt rely on it. he has, on one occasion, fought AGAINST the suit, when it was taken over by a rogue AI. And won.

he also, as another anon said, snuck into Amanda Waller's house later in life.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.