[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why did the fatcats cancel superjail? It's the greatest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: warden.jpg (73 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
warden.jpg
73 KB, 624x352
why did the fatcats cancel superjail? It's the greatest animated show of all time.
>>
the only good thing about it were the slipknot and insane clown posse cameos

speaking of which....why are ICP in so many adult swim shows?
>>
>>84276689
it was horrible dogshit
>>
File: Twins.jpg (118 KB, 439x384) Image search: [Google]
Twins.jpg
118 KB, 439x384
>>84276754
>>84276783
t.butthurt metalpocashit fans
superjail is a better, more underrated show, and has better humour than dude metalheads lmao
>>
The second season wasn't nearly as good as the first.
>>
>>84276973
First season was bet, but all the seasons are better than metalpocalypse or the other shit on adult swim.
>>
File: you know, this thing.jpg (17 KB, 300x293) Image search: [Google]
you know, this thing.jpg
17 KB, 300x293
It got worse as it went on. Around the time the Not-Monarch came into play, I was only intermittently interested: the plots were still alright, but it lacked the surprise and the punch season one offered. Season 3 was a hack job, made at a point where the writing was mediocre, the gore was stagnant, and the show just wanted to end.
>>
>>84276689
Cause it was garbage.
>>
>>84276689
Season 1
Only season 1
Continuity and plots are not compatible with Superjail
>>
>>84276955
Metalocalypse sucked too, so no...

I don't see "humor" in any of these adultswim shows. Metalocalypse was just puns....puns are funny for about a minute, you laugh at puns because they're bad....that is not something to base a show's humor on

This show however was just basically vomit, there wasn't a single crafted joke in the whole thing
>>
>>84276754

Aren't ICP from Georgia?
>>
>>84277111
still the best animated show of all time

>>84277221
t.metalpocalypse fan
>>84277746
the other seasons are good, not as good

>>84277801
watch superjail and the jokes are actually funny. there's no shitty puns.
>>
>>84277931
>best animated show of all time
but it's not Duckman or Kaiba
>>
>>84277989
>duckman

fedora shit. reeks of muh nihilism

>kaiba

shitty premise.
>>
>>84278165
oh

oooooooooh

ooooh
okay
>>
>>84277852
ICP are from Detroit, it's why they drink Faygo
>>
File: tooth gap.jpg (318 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
tooth gap.jpg
318 KB, 1600x900
>>84278165

>calling Duckman nihilistic fedora shit
>while praising Superjail, aka "Josef Mengele dresses like Willy Wonka and controls a wacky internment camp/pocket dimension where everybody dies and nothing changes for the better"
>>
>>84278236

Oh.

Cuz AS really likes promoting Georgia's music scene.
>>
File: 1467685487636.gif (959 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1467685487636.gif
959 KB, 400x225
>>84277801
>doesn't like Superjail or Metalocalypse
>>
>>84276689
The warden looked waaaaaaaaaay too much like a fag. Probably led to low ratings.

Ugly, fugly and grotesque characters make for a show that will turn off the vast majority of the viewing public. The same reason that realism is kept to a minimum in almost all mass marketed entertainment products. Idealism and Fantasy sell the most, by far.
>>
File: 6p9X6QQ.jpg (217 KB, 1024x687) Image search: [Google]
6p9X6QQ.jpg
217 KB, 1024x687
>>84278277
>>while praising Superjail, aka "Josef Mengele dresses like Willy Wonka and controls a wacky internment camp/pocket dimension where everybody dies and nothing changes for the better"

that's the joke, that's why it's funny. Muh duckman nihilism depression is shit, and completely unoriginal.

>>84278612
warden is supposed to be flamboyent and childlike. the only other characters that looked "grotesque" are alice (the joke is he's a tranny) and ash (he's a burn victim so he's going to look not well.)

the reason they cancelled it is because the fatcats on adultswim are hungry for money.
>>
I like Superjail and Metalocalpyse because it was full of animation. I like several minutes of animated gore and death or whatever, but it didn't have to necessarily be edgy gore and death, it was just animation period. These two shows are unique in that every episode you could expect the characters to stop with their wacky quips and just watch some actual fast-paced, detailed animation for a few minutes.

Most modern cartoons are just talking characters over a background with no interesting animation at all.
>>
>>84276973
2 was da best.
>>
I liked how imaginative each episode was but I could do without the violence. The Cancer and Male/Female unification episodes are my favorite but I don't think it was as good as it went on. It ended justly and the twins are still out there.
Somewhere.
>>
>>84279902
>Metalocalypse
>Full of animation

Nigga, what?
>>
I find Superjail to be one of those shows that can only stomach in small doses. If I attempt to marathon even the first season of the series, I'll become completely numb to the gore and increasingly find myself annoying by the characters within it.
>>
File: cornfed is best.jpg (18 KB, 331x236) Image search: [Google]
cornfed is best.jpg
18 KB, 331x236
>>84279134

That's not the point. Superjail is nihilistic because nothing matters in the grand scheme of things. There is no force in the universe that will stop large-scale slaughter or change its characters, for better or worse. Duckman specifically isn't nihilistic, because half of its episodes focus on its protagonist trying to make the world a better place and discovering some silver lining that can change the horrid condition of the world and make it better, or at least make it worth living in.

No matter how much his shit gets pushed in, Duckman keeps fighting for a better world. That's one of the least nihilistic concepts possible.
>>
>>84276689

>It's the greatest animated show of all time.

So? Network executives run companies to make money. If something isn't making money then there's no reason for them to keep it going.
>>
>>84276689
Because Adult Swim has been cancel happy for the last few years. I wonder if it has anything to do with Nick Weidenfeld leaving.
>>
>>84281650
An 11 minute episode usually had around 8 minutes of standard talking-head comedy, so like every other show, but also had 3 or so minutes of chaotic death scenes with people running around getting splattered, or exploding spaceships or tornados or whatever. It also had pretty detailed music-playing scenes, like instead of a guitar scene being the same 3-4 frames repeated over and over like in another show, they actually took the care to animate Swissgar/Toki's hands to move in the right positions as if they were actually playing the songs, as well as spun the camera around in neat ways rather than being a flat shot. It's a well animated show when it's an "animated" part. Granted they do a lot of the flat non-moving comedy scenes too but that's alright since they put the effort in for at least a few minutes per episode.
>>
>>84276689
>why did the fatcats cancel superjail?
Because instead of it just being about wacky adventures in a madman's jail, the writers in the later seasons tried to add a story and continuity to it.
>>
>>84276689
It wasn't really that good though. The show is probably not even in the top ten of what Adult Swim has to offer.
>>
>>84276973
they changed studios after season 1
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.