[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movie when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: Justice_Friends_from_Rasslor.png (885 KB, 1065x794) Image search: [Google]
Justice_Friends_from_Rasslor.png
885 KB, 1065x794
Movie when?
>>
>>84266662
Good god, I Forgot Crunk and Val Halen made more friends
>>
>>84266662
I'm trying to remember some names. I see Big G, the Living Bullet, and Sam R I but who is the tiger and who is the guy in the white robe?
>>
>>84267041
White Tiger and The Spectre, anon.
>>
>>84267041
>Big G

That's CAPITAL G, fool.
>>
>>84267057
Shit, those aren't nearly as funny.

>>84267085
Forgive me. Capital G.
>>
i love how, based on his mouthless mask, white tiger was probably supposed to be a parody of black panther, but marvel already had like 3-4 characters named white tiger, one of whom was related to black panther in some way..
and then YEARS later they come out with a fifth-or-so character called white tiger and give her an outfit identical to Justice Friends' one, complete with the light gray stripes and mouthless yellow-eyed mask
>>
>>84267041
pretty sure it was Leaping Bullet

come to think of it, The Tick had a "human bullet" but.. this guy is more of an iron man looking guy. is there a silver age character they're both inspired by? because i don't recall any bullet-themed guys in the big two
>>
>>84266662
I forgot, is this from Dexters Lab or Power Puff grills?
>>
>>84267149
Pretty sure you're over thinking it and he's just an iron man parody
>>
>>84267283
first one, then the other.
though you get the impression the powerpuff ones existed in a slightly alternate dimension, as superheroes often do.. as they had Major Glory, but in a different outfit, and the others were all like.. E-Male, uhh.. some jamaican lion guy.. some weird bald-ass british guy... an australian guy..
>>
>>84267292
no there's definitely a bullet-hero trope i'm not picking up on
and if anything he looks more like whirlwind than iron man
>>
File: 195635.jpg (67 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
195635.jpg
67 KB, 400x225
>>84267283
Dexters Lab

Although, some of the Justice Friends like Major Glory and Val Hallen appeared in the PPGs episode "Members Only". Unfortuantly they were all made into Masculist jerks.
>>
>>84267283

Dexter's Lab

Specifically, the "Rasslor" Monkey segment, which was a parody of Champion from Marvel, featuring Randy Savage.

http://dexterslab.wikia.com/wiki/Rasslor
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Champion

The extended Justice Friends roster also appeared in the "Barbequor" segment (a Galactus parody), the season two DL finale "Last But Not Beast", and the PowerPuff epsiode "Members Only".
>>
>>84267382
There's not
>>
>>84267149
"human bullet" was his name on the LatinAmerican dub, and he was both an speedster and made out of metal, his suit may be inspired by classic iron man but his powers weren't
>>
>>84267446
finally found a few, there are.
"Dial H for Hero" (the obvious inspiration for Dial M for Monkey, at least the title) gave us "The Human Bullet"
GI Joe Adventure Team had a Bulletman
a different Bulletman with Bulletgirl was released by Fawcett in 1942, that's the oldest one I can find.
All of these characters have cone-shaped helmets and similar powersets, including being fired out of cannons at least some of the time, so I think that's where it derives from. In fact it was probably originally a circus act kinda thing, like the human cannonball.
>>
>>84267041

robe guy IIRC is Phan-tone
>>
>>84267538
>latin dub
I remember I used to watch dexter's lab in spanish for fun, because it was the only program that regularly had an alternate spanish track during those 2 years when we had satellite TV and the alternate spanish track thing actually worked (supposedly cable and even terrestrial broadcast have it, but it has never worked any other time)
>>
I didn't realize until years later Major Glory had a more muscular design in his earlier appearances, then they streamlined him for The Justice Friends.
>>
>>84267602
You're right it's way more likely they were parodying an obscure character no one's ever heard of for their Avengers satire than the popular and iconic co founder of the Avengers
>>
>>84267667
well they were all mixtures and pastiches. here they went with 'metal suit guy' and mixed in 'bullet guy'
>>
Am I going crazy or was there a silver surfer and galactic copy?

It was like a silver fork and galactic was literally eating the earth???
>>
>>84267405
I remember watching this while I was taking a dump.
>>
>>84267732
there was, but his episode didn't air much. there's various theories about why.
it was BARBEQUOR and the silver spooner.
>>
>>84267750
in retrospect yeah, as neat as it was seeing that crossover, the message was ass and it kinda flew in the face of the characters. for one thing they had already had several women on their team (though that's the justice friends, not AWSM, so.. yknow, difference between justice league and justice society.) but then having Comrade Red on their team? dude was a villain..
>>
>that shitty episode of PPG where Major Glory was written as a sexist major cunt
>the cartoonists gave him superman trunks just so they could be mocked
At least the last few minutes were fine, but fuck that epidode man.
>>
>>84266662

No Tiki-Torch?
>>
>>84267149

There was at least one Bulletman in the Golden Age (Fawcett), and during the last desperate gasps of the 1/6 GI JOE action figure line, there was a "Bulletman The Human Bullet" character. The Adventure Team also got a bionic, 'scuse me, an "Atomic Man", Major Mike Power.
>>
File: when doves cry.png (174 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
when doves cry.png
174 KB, 512x384
>>84270155

>>84267602
>>
>>84266662
With how shit SJW Marvel Now and Damage Control comics are, Justice Friends franchise (cartoon, comic book, movies, etc) would be very welcome.

Also Val Hallen is best Justice Friend and if you don't agree your taste is shit and I'll cut you.
>>
>>84267667

Dude, they were total geeks, and using a pastiche of an obscure character would be right up their alley.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.