[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else feel as though some of the personality changes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: a45.gif (104 KB, 890x450) Image search: [Google]
a45.gif
104 KB, 890x450
Does anyone else feel as though some of the personality changes have actually been better for the show?

I think one of the biggest complaints I hear about modern Family Guy is Stewie no longer being an evil genius but sort of a queer, which to me is definitely one of the more positive changes.

Watching some of those early Family Guy episodes Stewie was a one trick pony, typically he'd be used for a one off gag in which one of his inventions, concealed as a toy, would just miss Lois either resulting in someone else being killed or an adult taking it away.

I think in a show like Family Guy there's only so many times "the baby is evil and no one knows it" can be funny or work in a plot line, seems like Stewie is free to do a lot more on the show now.
>>
>>84256879
Why judging comedy shows with hipster arguments for trying to prove you are intelligent and you have more patrician tastes than normies?
>Stewie was a one trick pony, typically he'd be used for a one off gag
Filthy Hipster, stop critizing like a hipster.
>>
>>84257413
Most normies/people like modern Family Guy
>>
>>84257413
Define hipster.
>>
>>84256879
I'd say Meg has a more distinct personality in the show when before she was just a typical teenage girl.
>>
3 of them didn't change though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98AJUj-qxHI
>>
I definitely agree about Stewie. I think Brian was at his best at some point in the middle. At first he was boring, and he eventually became an insufferable douche, but there was a time between the two during which he was an alright character.
>>
>>84257466
people who are too hard to please for something irrelevant, they tryhard to plays the intellectuals everytimes
>>
>>84257536
>too hard to please
>Does anyone else feel as though some of the personality changes have actually been better for the show?
I don't think hipsters generally enjoy Family Guy, it being one of the most popular shows on television shows on television.
>>
>>84256879
I think the worst personality change is definitely Joe. When introduced he was nice capable policemen who succeeded despite his handicap, nowadays he is sad cripple who can't even kill himself properly. It's not that the early seasons didn't have jokes about him being handicapped, but all of the jokes where he is involved are about him being useless and suicidal.
>>
Contemporary family guy is even pretty different from 2009 though. In 3 years there should be an updated one.
>>
>>84257737
What's the difference between now and 2009?
>>
>>84256879
why are there so many family guy threads today
>>
>>84257763
I've been watching the whole thing on Netflix
>>
>>84257758
Brian and Stewie are much more normal in behavior than in either parts, being more of just two pals than anything. Not sure about the other 4. I'd say Peter has become increasingly amoral.
>>
>>84256879
I always figured I was the only person who never liked Stewie. One Trick Pony is a good way to describe how I felt. It was just like oh, it's a baby but he speaks like an evil villain and does villainous stuff. It never really felt particularly witty. Don't get me wrong, gay Stewie is hardly witty but at least he has a bit more personality, especially in the way he delivers his lines.

>>84257600
Agreed. It always struck me as odd that I could find a character from Family Guy of all things to be cool, but I liked when Joe would go full police mode and take people down. Aside from making him a miserable joke, they also made Bonnie among the worst characters in the show.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.