[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Zero to Hero" themes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Making-of-Hotel-Transylvania-2-1.jpg (506 KB, 3360x2100) Image search: [Google]
Making-of-Hotel-Transylvania-2-1.jpg
506 KB, 3360x2100
I swear to my non existant god, if I see one more movie this year with the idea of "from zero to hero" I am going to take a huge ass loan at a bank and direct my own movie about the "naturally powerful and well-endowed hero who was born and trained to save the day".

I am really getting tired of all these self-insert awkward loser characters eating up the screentime of actual charming and intelligent characters.

At least if the moral would be a wake-up call to all these autists, something like: "If you haven't progressed in 20 years then you sure as fuck aren't going to magically get better overnight." or "your brain dictates what you do, you can't change your personality and who you are. And you are a depressive loser who hates everything".
>>
BLESS MY SOUL HERC WAS ON A ROLL
>>
>>84239877
I'm glad i wasnt the only one who thought of that
>>
>>84239903

Anyone with a soul thought of that.
>>
>>84239877
UN-DE-FEA-TED!
>>
>>84239877
PERSON OF THE WEEK IN EVERY GREEK OPINION POLL
>>
>>84239903
funny thing that Herc is exactly how OP said things should be.
>>
"Zero to hero" themes, as you put it, are culturally relevant. That is what makes them so popular.
People enjoy characters, particularly main characters, in stories when they are relatable. Humans are a self-centered and self-reflective creature, and when they see qualities they see in themselves in characters, it creates a connection. That connection is required in order for the audience to care about the character and their story.

That being said, the current generation, finding themselves under the boot of oppression, host to a variety of self described "mental flaws," (anxiety, ADHD, depression, OCD, gender identity confusion, etc.) and low self confidence, find relatabilty in these kinds of characters.

You want strong, square jawed, chiseled heroes? Go back to an age where they were the relatable characters. Go read Beowulf. Go read The Iliad and the Odyssey. Go read stories about characters that you relate to and leave the betas at peace.

You want to change the culture to reflect those kinds of heroes you enjoy?

Go make change. Go make a difference. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>84240081
Not OP but, OP is rigt the "Zero to Heore" is not bad, but it has been so overused, that to me it has lost it's charm, now i'm more inclined to people who made an effort to be better.
PS- Except Batman he's been overused too.
>>
>>84240210
>Hating on Batman
>>
>>84240210
Zero to hero montages aren't honestly that common these days. Name ten in the last five years alone. Please do, I fucking love those kind of montages.
>>
>>84240081
Self inserts arent relatable.
>>
>>84240355
Sorry but, batman has been almost force feed to the fan, and I still like bat's but he's well, he's so overpowerly plot armor that I relate more to Superman that batman, I know he's the most famous character of DC, but why don't give a little known charactes some storys to shine, I like the Ray, but haven't heard of him in a long while, or Shade the changing man, just gives something diferent to miss batman.
>>
File: 1294388264643.png (83 KB, 344x266) Image search: [Google]
1294388264643.png
83 KB, 344x266
>>84240576
>Ray, but haven't heard of him in a long while, or Shade the changing man

Oh dear god I don't know who those guys are, not being a bad person I could google it but you know you're right about the batman issue I've heard more stories of him than anyone else. It's a tad annoying now especially when most of his stories contain same shit different day not even his villains get the right attention.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa0lMzaljTk
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.