[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a way to do this costume well in live action?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9
File: wolv-bigcostume3.jpg (34 KB, 424x400) Image search: [Google]
wolv-bigcostume3.jpg
34 KB, 424x400
Is there a way to do this costume well in live action?
>>
>>84237749
Fuck no. Its a giant yellow outfit with blue underwear.
>>
>>84237761
correct.

sorry op, the truth hurts
>>
>>84237761

This. And the mask is utterly retarded.
>>
File: aNcmmlR.jpg (120 KB, 821x1232) Image search: [Google]
aNcmmlR.jpg
120 KB, 821x1232
>>84237749
The key to Wolverine is the anger and the ferocity. If you can manage that, you can do it in any costume.
>>
Replace the blue with black and make the yellow not so bright?
>>
File: 198gybcuh43ibpng.png (335 KB, 636x955) Image search: [Google]
198gybcuh43ibpng.png
335 KB, 636x955
This is the closest I've seen but it still looks doofy. I always figured the brown and orange would work better.
>>
>>84237953
a) that's the redesigned-to-be-less-stupid Astonishing costume

b) notice how he's not wearing the stupid fucking mask?
>>
>>84237761
>Its a giant yellow outfit with blue underwear.
what's your point?
>>
>>84237749
no.
>>
>>84237979
a) It's still more or less the same thing. The blue underwear is missing and they tweaked the details, that's about it.

b) Masks are fine, but I'm a firm believer in CGI eyes. I always thought seeing Batman's eyes was stupid and broke the films, and with Spidey and Batfleck, I think I've been vindicated. CGI white eyes are cool as fuck.

I'm just arguing to argue though. I don't care if he wears the costume or not, I just think it could be done. Superman wears onesise pajamas and nobody cares.
>>
Remember when they said Flash's costume couldn't work in live action?
>>
>>84237749
I didn't think he looked too bad in this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuKQ3Oc97Wk&app=desktop
I think fox could do even better if they ever even tried.
>>
>>84238178
>a) It's still more or less the same thing.

And it's still awful.

>b) Masks are fine
In the case of Wolverine, they're really not.

> I always thought seeing Batman's eyes was stupid and broke the films

I feel the opposite. Having blank white eyes jsut seems dumb and doesn't allow actors to emote through their eyes, which is a big fucking factor for an actor's performance.
>>
If the rest of the movie shares a similarly gaudy color scheme, sure. If you try to toss it in a grim and gritty modern X-Men movie it's going to look like clownshoes no matter what.
>>
>>84238190
And it doesn't. I'd buy Quicksilver'e costume in Xmendofp than that.
>>84237953
>>84237978
You have to keep in mind that Wolverine is 1,59 or somehing like that. A literal manlet. Maybe such a costume WITH A MASK would look less retarded on someone considerably shorter.
>>
>>84239115
>You have to keep in mind that Wolverine is 1,59 or somehing like that

He's 5'3. As someone who's pretty close to being that short, I can tell you with the utmost confidence that a mask like that will only give you the opposite effect.
>>
I prefer the brown and yellow version.
>>
While not a fan of the show, his dark orange/ brown and black ensemble from Xmen evolution was a decent upgrade of his alt color costume.
>>
>>84237749

Nope.

The black leather and Kevlar stuff is also awful, tho.
>>
>>84237953
This nigga looks terrible, is that meant to be the example of how to do a proper Wolverine?
>>
>>84237978

Dude ain't hairy enuff.
>>
>>84237749
NO its ugly as fuck

only if they make a tacticool one
>>
>>84238948
>doesn't allow actors to emote through their eyes, which is a big fucking factor for an actor's performance.

Preach.
>>
File: web clothes.jpg (356 KB, 1258x1920) Image search: [Google]
web clothes.jpg
356 KB, 1258x1920
>>84237749
For fucks sake, if Spider-Man's web pajamas can do well in live-action anything can. Also, Deadpool.

If the studios are afraid that real superheroes look too dumb on screen, then just don't do it.
>>
>>84242220
>comparing spider-man's personality to wolverine's personality
>>
File: bigwolfvorine.jpg (56 KB, 297x262) Image search: [Google]
bigwolfvorine.jpg
56 KB, 297x262
You know how in the first movie Kitty finds Wolverine cage fighting in a bar? I always felt like it was a missed opportunity to get the costume out of the way.

Instead of a bar, make it a shoddy travelling sideshow, with a wrestling ring instead of a cage and Wolverine is a crappy-but-comic-accurate version of the yellow and blue, like in Cap First Avenger.

Later when Rogue and Logan are in his RV in uncomfortable silence she strikes up a conversation with "What's with the costume?" and Logan says something like "It's easy to convince rednecks to try and take a shot at me when they think I'm just a clown" or "The owner makes me wear it, says the kids like it, always hated the damn thing"

And it's never seen again.
>>
>>84242500
That would offend costumefags even more
>>
>>84242633
Which means Bryan Singer would have done it had he thought of it.
>>
This is perfection imo
>>
>>84242500
>in the first movie Kitty finds Wolverine

>Kitty finds Wolverine

*Rogue finds Wolverine
>>
>>84242693
Calling movie Rogue Kitty is the most understandable mistake ever, though.
>>
File: grampá's wolverine.jpg (293 KB, 662x1024) Image search: [Google]
grampá's wolverine.jpg
293 KB, 662x1024
>>84242299
>character uses costume for 40+ years
>i-it wouldn't fit with his personality

>>84242500
What you are describing sounds like Rafael Grampá's "Dear Logan". I Think a wrestling theme would could work for him.
>>
>>84242812
Except movie wolverine isn't comic wolverine. Comic wolverine talks to leprechauns
>>
Jeans and wife beater is more wolverine than the wolverine costume
>>
>>84243096
I agree with this.
>>
>>84242958
>This is what casuals actually believe
>>
File: 1354094754_wolverine_1.jpg (79 KB, 596x369) Image search: [Google]
1354094754_wolverine_1.jpg
79 KB, 596x369
>>84243096
I prefer this one
>>
>>84239288
Why would you admit that
>>
>>84243261
Why wouldn't he? we're all Anons together,here.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.