[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC Animated Universe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: why.jpg (592 KB, 1500x979) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
592 KB, 1500x979
What made them stop producing cartoons in the continuity/ animation style of the DC Animated Universe? I don't know and I want to know.
>>
>>84198706
They got tired of doing it and stopped. That's it.
>>
>>84198706
toy sell dropped
>>
it ran from 1992 to 2006 in one form or another, and by the time it was over most of the fans that were there from the beginning were at or near adulthood. i bet they greenlit The Batman because they wanted to start up a new cartoon series with Batman in it targeted at the newest generations of kids around the same time the marketing blitz for Batman Begins began.

since then, the Nolan films have come and gone, three Batman cartoons have ended, and now they're building towards a Justice League in the Snyderverse, hence why we're getting pic related soon.
>>
>>84199044
Nice dubs, but it hurts to live in a world without JLU.
>>
It has stubborn fanbase and is expensive to produce.

Of course Cartoon Network hated it.
>>
>>84199044
This basically. That said, when I was 22 at the end of this, I would have still kept watching. Aside from the lucky animated movie here and there, Brave and the Bold, and GL:TAS... DC animated has been a relative shitfest for the last decade.
>>
>>84199098
JLU wasn't wiped from existence, just go watch it
>>
>>84199038
The toyline actually went on years after it ended. Hell,you can still buy TNBA toys at certain discount stores
>>
>>84199201
toys r us is currently selling two action figure bundle packs (one Superman, the other Batman) that have 5 different versions of the characters, including DCAU and BvS, for $40

https://youtu.be/iP2oCz4T4wI

mattel's trying to squeeze as much money as they can out of old molds, i guess
>>
Just like Young Justice or the reason many characters were killed off in the Transformers animated movie, toy sales were declining. Cartoons are usually just an advertisement for kids to buy merchandise.
>>
>>84199201
DC and WB still release DCAU figures and merchandise to get that sweet nostalgia dosh.

Meanwhile, Marvel doesn't even try to hide its contempt over any cartoon that's pre-USM.
>>
saturday morning cartoons died and the return on investment for a cable series wasnt anywhere close
>>
>>84199156
>>84199163
I've watched and re-watched JL, JLU, B:TAS, SM:TAS, etc. What are some good DC shows to watch? I tried getting into Batman the brave and the bold, but eh...
>>
>>84199767
which is really bizarre, since Disney owns the rights to basically all of them except the hanna-barberra F4

at least we have the x-men'92 comic, for now...
>>
>>84199295
>not the actual JLU design, it's just the same design in 4 different sculpt styles

Whoever makes toys for WB/DC is garbage.
>>
File: 635792691216561910-DCSHG-1.jpg (94 KB, 534x712) Image search: [Google]
635792691216561910-DCSHG-1.jpg
94 KB, 534x712
>>84199830

you should try dc super hero girls
>>
>>84199830
Young Justice. Way better than I was expecting.
>>
>>84199840
To be fair, the 90's Marvel shows weren't nearly as good as the DCAU, in both animation and writing. Also, unlike the DCAU, the Marvel shows from the nineties were only created for the tie in toy lines. Disney probably doesn't think there is much of a market for what amounts to 20 year old mid-tier toy commercials.
>>
>>84199840
They don't own the rights to Spectacular either. Sony does.
>>
>>84198706
It's too bad, but it had to end somewhere.

My thing was that it was the first time I really got to see Hawkgirl, and they made her such a great character. And I loved her voice, it had that little bit of rasp in it.

My favorite moment of the whole series was when they went to that 1950's place and the guy was like "your people".
>>
>>84200139
Looks shitty, like it was literally created to sell dolls.
>>
>>84199840
It is kind of funny the roundabout way those shows went. Saban bought them all from Marvel during the early 90's when they were making the Fox Kids/UPN shows, then Disney bought Saban, and then years later they own Marvel.

Though that's not nearly as amusing as Muppet Babies being a Marvel Production heavily using Lucasfilm footage.
>>
>>84199830
>I tried getting into Batman the brave and the bold, but eh...
It gets better after the first season when they realized they could do more than just be a generic kids show.
>>
I'm upset I didn't get in the Brave and the Bold til literal 5 episodes til the final and I wanted to get into GL but never did.
>>
>>84202424
Really? Ok, that's good. I was trying to make it through the first season and it was so forgettable.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.