[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I read main Spawn title and not be lost? I picked up a few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: spawn-comic-page-banner.jpg (438 KB, 1400x763) Image search: [Google]
spawn-comic-page-banner.jpg
438 KB, 1400x763
Can I read main Spawn title and not be lost? I picked up a few spin offs but I can read those any time right?
>>
>>84171628
Spawn makes no sense. You can read the series from start to finish and you will be even MORE lost.

You could just start at 250 since I think that was when Al Simmons came back.
>>
>>84171628
First five issues where sort of okay then it just gets stupid and does not stop, by issue 12 he is learning magic from Houdini then he hangs out with an ardvark in hell...seriously....killgor is cool though it is about a cyborg gorilla with a humans mind that wants revenge or something....also Todd McFarlane comes off as a 15 year old who's parents are divorcing
>>
>>84172158
>Todd McFarlane comes off as a 15 year old who's parents are divorcing

Perfect fucking description. He's an adult version of "that kid" in 1999 who always wore a Korn t-shirt to school.
>>
>>84172158
>Todd McFarlane comes off as a 15 year old who's parents are divorcing

That's kind of why I love Spawn. It's the perfect mindet of a bored 15 year old scribbling on his notebook in detention.
>>
So Spawn isn't any good at all? Had a few friends recommend it sounded kinda rad. Going in with mindset of style and no substance so I should be good in that regard right?
>>
>>84172365
If you like 90s XTREME! then you'll probably dig it.
>>
is the HBO cartoon any good?
>>
>>84172438
OP here love the show, was fucking cool hence my interest in the comic.
>>
Its one of the few relics from the 90s, that seems to have never evolved past like, 1997.

The first 50 or so issues are kind of neat. Spawn wanders around fighting a villain of the week, and then once in a while has a run-in with his arch nemesis, The Violator,

Then for about 50 issues, he sort of wanders around the countryside, and nothing really happens. Then, from issue 100 and on, something "big" seems to happen about every 50 issues, and he spends several issues trying to figure out that big event was for, while demons plot to kill him behind his back, setting up the next big thing.

Really, I think the art is kind of neat even still, but as other people mentioned, McFarlane comes off a a teenager from the 90's desperately trying to look cool and edgy.
>>
>>84171628
You will lose your time, tho
>>
>Tfw used to read Spawn as a kid
>Tfw still have some floppies
>Tfw have some trades
>Tfw pirated all issues so i can get my 90s fix
>>
>>84172438
The cartoon was actually better. The stories they adapted from the comics they actually improved .
>>
>>84172438
Better than the comic, but still not my kinda thing.
>>
>>84172227
Yeah but everything with Curse after his first appearance is so damn cringe worthy. That is what finally made me stop I think.
>>
>>84172365
There's a lot of really good ideas, and if you like the style, amazing art.
>>
>>84172857
Alrighty, just going to go for it. I mean I am downloading them after all.
>>
>>84172604
That ending was just a lame cop-out though.
>>
Just listen to Dark Saga by Iced Earth instead of reading the comic.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.