[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ think of the original TMNT run? I just started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
What does /co/ think of the original TMNT run?

I just started reading them. Outside of a few issues, I don't think it's that great
>>
It has a rough amateur charm. It gets better.

you can really tell that the whole thing started as a joke two friends came up with in a bar
>>
>>84152363
Some issues are ok and some are bad but I think my favorite part about them is how unique (even when they were just parodying things) everything is. We go from ninja battles to space adventures to the legitimate greatness of "return to New York." It also has this weird raw feeling kind of like you get from a garage band
>>
There is some really interesting art in the Mirage issues when Eastman and Laird aren't on it
>>
>>84153287
Souls Winter is ugly as fuck.
>>
Eastman was clearly the talented one of the two.

The issues with Laird doing most or all of the work were pretty poor.
>>
>>84155594
Nice cameo in the movie Kev.
>>
>>84155644

Thanks, Laird
>>
>>84155594
I feel they work best when together. Peter as the no man, and Kevin as the yes man

>still no Peter-Kevin-Bobby team up with a IDW-Mirage crossover
>>
>>84153549
The color version or the black and white?
>>
Noir and slice-of-life stories were their strong suit.

The mystical and sci-fi stories on the other hand were weak.
>>
File: Tales36-03.jpg (57 KB, 600x668) Image search: [Google]
Tales36-03.jpg
57 KB, 600x668
>>84157990
>Noir and slice-of-life stories were their strong suit

I don't know why but this tends to be the case with most TMNT iterations.
>>
>>84153549
I love the art. Michael Zulli's version of the Turtles is so unique
>>
What's the best way to read old TMNT?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.