[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whatever *did* happen to Robot Jones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: latest.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
This is a general discussion thread for obscure/lost media (like pic related). Have you watched anything particularly obscure or hard to find recently? What was it, and how was it?

For me, I recently go my hands on some WhtRJ episodes. While the animation quality is not "great," some of the jokes made me chuckle quite a bit.
>>
There was more than 1 episode?
>>
What happened was CN fucked it up by ordering them to change Robot Jones' voice from a text-to-speech program to an actual child voice actor, which made RJ sound like a girl.

Then they aired it at times nobody would be realistically able to watch it.
>>
>>84112226
>ordering them to change Robot Jones' voice from a text-to-speech program to an actual child voice actor, which made RJ sound like a girl.
That was so stupid in retrospect
>>
>>84112226
Yeah... The MS-DOS speak of the first season was incredibly charming, if a bit hard to understand at times
>>
>>84112226
I liked both voices so I had no problem with it, but it's too bad the show faded into obscurity
>>
>That episode where he got so nervous around Shannon that he would fart each time she appeared
I know that feel.
>>
>>84112158
when they redubbed everything with the voice of a real little boy it lost its charm and uniqueness the final nail in the coffin
>>
File: IMG_2191.jpg (75 KB, 450x599) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2191.jpg
75 KB, 450x599
I have this badass lunchbox
>>
>>84112543
The little boy's voice wasn't bad and was undeniably cuter, but it did kind of mess with the general feel of the show.
I've only ever seen a few episodes with the computer voice because that's all that has surfaced on the internet, I was like 5 when this show aired so I don't remember it really. I do remember seeing the Zim "Dark Harvest" episode on TV at the time though, for obvious reasons..
>>
>>84112365
I really wish they kept that. The MS-DOS speech really did have a charm to it. I have no idea how they did it but you could actually feel Robot's emotions even though it was monotone digital audio.

The re-dubbing was so awkward and the kid was a shitty actor.
>>
>>84112628
The creator of the show manually typed out all the dialogue into the text-to-speech himself as syllables and tweaked it endlessly to make it sound like it was actually being acted.
If he just typed in the words the delivery would be much more flat
>>
>>84112552
Alright... consider me jealous.

On a similar note.. This show had glorious moments. Like that episode where Robot Jones' teacher needs to get him wet
>"I'm gonna get you wet, Jones... One way, or another"
>>
Weirdly enough I've been rewatching this the past few days.

Does anyone else feel like RJ got shat on too much? The little guy deserved better than he got.
>>
>>84113090
He was treated pretty bad, yeah. I wish he could've came out on top more. Amazing how Shannon gradually goes from liking him to hating his guts (er, gears) after 13 episodes.
>>
I really liked this show as a kid. Maybe it was mostly because of the art style (I watched a lot of Schoolhouse Rock so it really struck a cord with me), but I remember going out of my way to watch it, even with CN's retarded scheduling.

I'd rewatch it if I could find a decent amount of episodes with the original voice.
>>
>>84113258
On MySpleen/Vimeo I think around half of the season one episodes have surfaced with the original voice. Season two was only made with the child actor
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.