[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ think about Stephen King's thoughts on Batman?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 3HW7A2z.jpg (315 KB, 989x1509) Image search: [Google]
3HW7A2z.jpg
315 KB, 989x1509
What does /co/ think about Stephen King's thoughts on Batman?
>>
File: E8oKF9d.jpg (315 KB, 961x1514) Image search: [Google]
E8oKF9d.jpg
315 KB, 961x1514
>>84094673
Page 2
>>
Shit writer with shit taste
no news here
>>
>>84094678
>go get 'em, big guy
Anyway, yeah. He likes menacing detective, from what I see. And funny, all those characters he was afraid will take Batman's share of readers all faded to obscurity.
>>
>>84094719
Those are characters that have also faded into obscurity, not competitors.
>>
>>84094716
Shit reader with shit response
no news here
>>
>>84094719
No, he said that he was afraid Batman would become as obscured as those characters.

J'onn didn't exactly become obscure (he was still in Justice League at the time King wrote that, after all) but he used to have a back-up feature in Detective Comics and House of Mystery during the 60's, and then only made very few appearances in Justice League during the 70's.

Plastic Man, Blackhawk, and Captain Marvel were popular comics during the Golden Age that eventually got canceled at their respective companies and revived at DC (though not as successfully as the preceding series).

Turok got published by Dell/Gold Key from the 50's all the way to the early 80's, so by the time King wrote that forward, Turok was long gone from stands (Valiant revival and Acclaim would come years later).
>>
Seems fine.

Although, it's always a bit odd to see people describe Batman's appeal as being his human limitations and relatively "grounded" setting, because while he certainly has and frequently can be that sort of character, I feel like I've more or less grown up with a Batman that does ridiculous shit in SPITE of those limitations, lives in a heavily stylized world, deals with spectacular wild ass threats and and ultimately is very much a fantastical superhero character.

Not that I'm complaining, Batman's the shit.
>>
>>84094838
most people that actually read consider him babby tier though
>>
Opinions of a talentless hack who thinks Hunger Games is good don't matter.
>>
>>84095059
It's funny how you refer to people that read as a group that doesn't include you.
>>
File: delayclose.jpg (93 KB, 380x247) Image search: [Google]
delayclose.jpg
93 KB, 380x247
>>84095114
at no point in the post do I indicate one way or another you sperg
>>
>>84095059
Why you care about what other people think regarding this?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.