[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stand Still, Stay Silent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 550.jpg (482 KB, 950x1392) Image search: [Google]
550.jpg
482 KB, 950x1392
" In the end the volume and sheer aggressiveness of the messages has instilled a notion that there's no room for honest mistakes or benefit of the doubt vis-a-vi cultures that aren't close enough to one's own, so exploring those concepts any further in this comic just doesn't seem worth it. Not when there's so many other equally interesting things to write about without the animosity. There's simply too much that's considered offensive in some anglophone countries that I'm not aware of, and it's not a minefield that I'm keen on navigating, nor am I interested in the dumbing down that results from having to walk on eggshells around every single joke or avoiding jokes all together."

fucking SJWs
>>
>>84020043
little context? this sounds like i should care
>>
>>84020043
I wish I could do palettes like this.
>>
>>84020722

http://www.sssscomic.com

one of the characters calls chinese text 'ching-chong' because he's a sheltered swede in a post-apocalyptic world where pretty much everybody outside of Scandinavia died; and in a completely predictable fashion the author started getting hatemail.
>>
>>84021009
wait, so he DIDN'T mean it as a joke? an intentionally oldfashioned jokey shorthand that couldnt offend because it's too old to? because in that case i would correct the guy and just let him know. but how would you know it was from sheltering and not the normal way everyday people say it as a joke? was it like, a really serious scene?
>>
>>84021064
oh wait you mean the CHARACTER is .. oh i see.
is that something swedes are aware of? i took ching-chong to be a very specifically anglophone thing. like deriving from the days of the mikado
>>
>>84020043
You should see the forums, people are telling her shes censoring their "criticism" by not having comments enabled on the website, and telling her she should apologize to all her Chinese readers for her use of a "racial slur"
>>
>>84020043
Well thats shitty. Thats one of the things I was really looking forward to in concept. Them possibly running into a group of Silent World survivors and having to navigate the cultural and language barriers would have been hella interesting.

God damnit
>>
>>84021170
>complaining their criticism's being censored
the irony.. i'm choking on it. i can't breathe.
>>
>>84020043
>fucking gringos

ftfy
>>
File: don't be a sissy.png (54 KB, 122x192) Image search: [Google]
don't be a sissy.png
54 KB, 122x192
Something Minna drew in her previous webcomic.
>>
>>84021170
The author should definitely apologize to her readers for including Chinese in her comic.

That's just not okay.
>>
>>84021078
>is that something swedes are aware of?
about a century after the world has ended, no

When everyone is just trying to survive, learning a dead language and culture is definitely low priority
>>
>>84021009
He said "Chinglandic"
>>
>>84025318
That's cute.
>>
>>84020043
Tumblr does it again; no fun allowed,or they get triggered and on suicide watch.
We need a fucking plague. I hope someone is developing a skin melting bactery somewhere.
>>
>>84020043
>>84021009
People are retarded. Don't they know the meaning of the word "context" ? Holy shit.
>>
>>84021170
>her use of a "racial slur"
She "used" it, sure, in the same way that you use a knife to cut a melon, to demonstrate its point. But some asshole thinks she meant to stab them because apparently words are bullets and you only use bullets if you want to hurt someone. Words are tools.
>>
>>84025912
>you use a knife to cut a melon to demonstrate its point
yeah fuck those melon asshole bitches, fuck em up!
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.