[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cartoon Network really hates Transgenders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (259 KB, 1200x1821) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
259 KB, 1200x1821
Cartoon Network really hates Transgenders
>>
Good.
>>
>>84019970
>they only remembered to draw blossom with the black stripe on her shirt
Even in comics, they have QUALITY
>>
>>84019970
explain it to me
I need to know how this is CN hating transgenders
>>
>>84019970

They had every opportunity to make new interesting recurring characters for the PPG reboot. And they settle for shit like a boring ass generic unicorn.

Creativity in 2016.
>>
>>84020281
Some stupid story about a unicorn wanting to be something else was present as a trans allegory even though the writer stated it wasn't.
>>
>>84020667
No, the writers directly said it was. It was supposed to be a "you were what you desired to be all along" moral but it gets kinda lost because all the things they tried to do to make him a unicorn turned him into a rage-filled monster; which certainly went against the message they wanted.
>>
>>84020720
No, the writer directly said it wasn't
Source: https://storify.com/creatrixtiara/emily-brundige-s-apology-re-the
>>
>>84020720
The story goes as I heard they advertised it as a trans metaphor after the ep was made but was never written as one.
So it sucked and it sucked hard.
>>
File: lies.png (202 KB, 1462x602) Image search: [Google]
lies.png
202 KB, 1462x602
>>84020759

What about this?
>>
>>84020824

It seems to me Jennings tried to score social justice points by saying a story written by Brundige was a metaphor for transgender people when she didn't intend it that way. Of course it could be also that Brundige is backtracking because of the backlash, but frankly I find it more likely that Jennings saw a metaphor where one wasn't intended and ran with it in the interview.

>>84020232
For Buttercup you could make the argument the stripe is not visible because of the pose, but Bubbles is definitely a mistake.
>>
The writers try to be deep, but do not realize that the show does not garner the respect needed to be interpreted & analyzed.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.