[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand why they have to be animal people for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: wtf.png (2 MB, 1500x759) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
2 MB, 1500x759
I don't understand why they have to be animal people for a movie about the x factor
>>
I am going to get so fucking sick of Anthropomorphic Animal Movies come the remainder of the year
>>
Why did they have to be animal people for a movie about Robin Hood? Zootopia has kind of shifted the narrative by making a movie that was ABOUT the fact that they were animal people, and it isn't uncommon to have kid's movies where the characters are all talking animals.
>>
File: 1465859775370.jpg (182 KB, 1229x768) Image search: [Google]
1465859775370.jpg
182 KB, 1229x768
>>84002659
are animals more easier/fun to animate or?
>>
>>84002685
That's a proven thing.
Most early animation was cartoon animals because there's less of an uncanny valley there.
>>
>>84002685
And you can put them into shit that would be boring as hell with humans. Like Zootopia. With humans, that would be something nobody would have given a damn about. The plot is more akin to something from the 80's. Add t alking animals? Holy shit, this WORKS!
>>
>>84003755
This is why I don't get the infatuation with zootopia. It's like they took a rejected script for Beverly Hills Cop 8 and just pumped animals in there because Disney.

The most imaginative thing about it is the city, and I feel like I probably would have gotten just as much enjoyment out of a series of concept paintings.

The whole thing just seems super meh to me.
>>
>>84003809
The original collar concept shouldn't have been scrapped.
>>
>>84004296
Pretty much everyone but the director was on board with the idea. I am happy with the movie we got but I would have loved to see the original idea more
>>
>>84002618
I guess so no one can start complaining about the race of the characters and if they have a negro win people can't call it SJW.
>>
>>84002618
I'm reserving the crocodile, fuck you guys.
>>
>>84004296
>>84004944

It just didn't work with making Zootopia a likable place. They wanted the shock collars, but they also didn't want Zootopia to look outright despicable as a location
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.