[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So if the Vulture doesn't happen in the new Spider-man movie,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: 78703-37119-mysterio.jpg (53 KB, 400x317) Image search: [Google]
78703-37119-mysterio.jpg
53 KB, 400x317
So if the Vulture doesn't happen in the new Spider-man movie, who do you hope to see as the villain?

I'd like to see either Mysterio or Chameleon for a slow build up to Kraven in a later movie.

It'd be super cool if they could keep a consistent animal theme for Kraven though.
>>
>>84000693
Also to add, I want a movie version of the Gauntlet to play out where Kraven systematically wears down Peter over the course of the trilogy and makes him completely suffer before facing him
>>
>>84000693
Mysterio. At the end it turns out it's the highschool drama teacher, played by Kate Mulgrew. The whole rest of the movie he's just classic Mysterio.

Shit would be so cash.
>>
>>84000693
>Chameleon

I can see him being the side villain since he has potential for cameos like they did with Loki in Thor 2
>>
>>84000693
i want The Lizard again because i have a lizardman fetish. that or Razorback because i want to see them try to make him work
>>
>>84001348
Isn't he a mutant?
>>
>>84001007

No, I don't want a story told throughout three movies.

I want individual tales that standalone. Marvel movies are so fucking annoying, none of them can really stand alone. Sure, Civil War had some really cool scenes but wtf was that bullshit with Zemo. It was shitty as hell. I want each movie to feel great, not "Oh I can't wait til the next one where they'll explore whateverthefuck"
>>
>>84001900
That's what The Gauntlet was though. Individual stories that were thematic.

Rhino becoming Rhino again.
Sandman having a sort of adopted daughter.
The Lizard going far past the point of return.

Those were great individual stories that didn't necessarily tell one narrative, but it was part of a theme.
>>
I'd like Shocker, but it's not likely.
>>
>>84001211
>he has potential for cameos
For all you know, he's cameoed in every Spiderman movie and you just didn't recognise his disguise.
>>
>>84000693
I want a proper lizard, he's my favourite spidey villain
>>
>>84000693
Wasn't Michael Keaton already confirmed as Vulture?

Anyway, yeah, I'd like Mysterio, too.
>>
>>84001959
This makes me happy.
>>
File: 3798858_6705033017_Myste.jpg (426 KB, 900x1238) Image search: [Google]
3798858_6705033017_Myste.jpg
426 KB, 900x1238
Really want Mysterio, crazy glass ball head and over the top costume and all, he's honestly one of the coolest of all the Spidey villains.

Chameleon could easily fit into the mcu as an agent that has worked for Hydra and Shield on a number of occasions, and could easily be a secondary character.

It would be awesome if we got Terry Crews to play JJJ, if only so we could get a retro looking Spider Slayer with a big screen on it displaying his face, so Spidey can listen to him talk shit while the robot tries to kill him.
>>
>>84002111
I really wish what happens in that pic was real
>>
>>84001997
Keaton was confirmed as the villain, but we don't know who he will play.
>>
>>84001858
That's immaterial. FOX doesn't own all mutant characters automatically as part of the X-Men rights, just X-Men characters. If Marvel wants to use a mutant, they can't call them a mutant (as per the settlement of the Mutant X case), but they can still use them.

For example, FOX can't use Franklin Richards in the X-Men movies even though they also own the Fantastic Four rights, because despite being a mutant, Franklin is not part of the X-Men rights package.
>>
>>84002701
Huh, learn something new everyday.
>>
Mysterio hes really cool and i love his costume maybe kraven just i dont want harry osborn hes a massive faggot no matter what hes in or who writes him
>>
Mysterio deserves his day in the sun. In the MCU for sure. Would people even care about magicians when they could see super heroes and real magic? Spider-man would probably stop him easily at first, mysterio not figuring he'd be stopped by spider-man. Though he'd realize the chance. Taking on spider-man is a great way to become famous. Test your skills against someone like him.
>>
Beetle
>>
>>84000693
As much as I think he's been played out, I think Keaton is perfect as Norman Osborn I want to see them go full HAMMER.

I want this very much.
>>
>>84002701
They could use Franklin, there's no agreement saying they have to be separate. There's just no reason for them to do so.
>>
There'd be no way to do it for the first movie, but since they're going to keep making these until they stop becoming profitable I'd love to see a glimpse of Kraven now and then Kraven's Last Hunt for a sequel.

Honestly, I'm hoping we see loads of lower-tier villains in Homecoming. The kind who will never pose enough of a threat to get their own movies, just popping up in a montage or something that shows Spidey doing busywork.
>>
>>84004017
Stormin Norman would be best approach. Don't need to show his backstory, everyone already knows he's green goblin, the audience I mean.

Mmaybe combine it with his post ressurection amnesia where only Peter and maybe Harry know he was the goblin, to better excuse the amount of trust the government has in him
>>
>>84000693
Chameleon doesn't really work as a villain to me. He can disguise himself, but once he's uncovered he has no fighting skills (at least not any that can stand up to Spider-Man).
Mysterio can literally do anything he can do only better.
>>
>>84004112
Chameleon works best when he's always one step ahead of spider-man while working for someone else. Spidey getting too close to a scheme? Suddenly Jean Dewolf is sending him down a false lead. Spidey supply evidence to the press? JJJ 'misplaces' the lock box. Stuff like that keeps happening and Spidet chalks it up to Parker luck.

Mysterio on the other hand is better suited to more overtly gaslighting Spider-Man, making him doubt his sanity
>>
>>84004031
>They could use Franklin, there's no agreement saying they have to be separate.

When they bought the rights to make X-Men movies, they bought the rights to make X-Men movies - not X-Men and Fantastic Four movies.

That they also own the Fantastic Four rights and that those rights originate from the same base is immaterial; they can't just cross them over because there's nothing in the contract that gives them that right. If there were such a right you'd already have heard about the FOX Superhero Universe, featuring the X-Men, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Power Rangers, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Zorro, Dragonball, Birdman, Chronicle, and My Super Ex-Girlfriend, because if there were such a clause in one contract they'd have insisted on having it in all of them and begun exploiting it years ago, when it was already clear superheroes were big money. They're not shy people over at FOX, and they'd never have let any of those IPs slide out of use if they had a more inventive way to use them.

It's true they've made crossovers before - AvP for example - but that doesn't mean they're going to go through all the necessary meetings and negotiations to do it with two Marvel-originated properties. There's a good reason for that, too - when FOX wanted to make a Daredevil movie, they decided they really needed the Kingpin for the script to work, but the Kingpin had been sold to Charles Fries decades before as part of the Spider-Man rights. Those rights had been sold on and on (they have no time limit of any kind, because that was how studios rolled in the 70s) until they came to Sony. Sony had no plans for Kingpin, and so sold him - in whole, with some supporting characters - to FOX, who used him.

Except when Daredevil flopped, buying Kingpin never paid for itself, and when Daredevil reverted through lack of use, Kingpin went with him - because FOX had paid a lot of money to attach him to Daredevil. So now Marvel are making money on a deal that FOX paid for.
>>
>>84002701
So that means Marvel could use Whirlwind for Ant-Man and Wasp or the Masters of Evil, right?
>>
>>84002111
>It would be awesome if we got Terry Crews to play JJJ
I hate this meme
>>
>>84000693
Mysterio. A movie effect based villain would really fit a movie (duh), and would allow some really amazing scenes, especially in 3d.
>>
>>84004464
Other than this, villains I would love to see on a big screen and haven't been used yet are:

>Spencer Smythe / Spider-Slayers
Could be kind of cool. Fighting robots all the time would be kind of too unorganic for a spidey film though. It ain't a scifi flick after all.

>Morbius
Cool sky fights and could be a very intimidating or even scary villain if needed.

>Jackal
Make him more jekyll and hyde a like, where jackal is his feral battle transformation with madman features, and as Warren he would be a normal professor. The movie would be slightly based on the original clone saga (Warren having a crush on Gwen and Making Spider-clone and then fighting peter together with the clone in the ending. Not the new clone saga too complicated bs.

>Hobgoblin
Make him be an underworld boss that sells supervillain licenses like in the more modern comics. Then make him become addicted to superhuman shit during the movie and make him batshit insane and go full goblin in the end,

>A group of clisters known as sinister six
Make a more lighthearted movie with boomerang, beetle, shocker and speed demon.
I'd love those scenes where both villains and spidey would just trashtalk each other and have playful fights. Also make a speed demon scene like the ones with quicksilver, except he does some mundane shit like steals food from convenience store and feeds pets and stuff.
>>
>>84001959
Explain. This isn't related to Bruce Campell, is it?
>>
>>84000693
Its kind of funny how a few year back Vulture and Kraven would have been seen as too ridiculous to even attempt.

But now that audiences have accepted Falcon and Black Patnher they both can be easily replicated in a spideman story
>>
>>84004385
Reminder that Fox asked Marvel for a Daredevil extension. Marvel said they'd give it in exchange for Galactus and the Surfer, and Fox said no.
Marvel then made a bunch of money off of DD and Fox has no plans for ever using Galactus.
>>
>>84004004
And Fixer.
>>
>>84000693
The Regent.
>>
>>84004112
>a villain needs fighting skills
You're why capeshit sucks.
>>
Mysterio looks stupid.

But that doesn't matter. Just imagine the crazy special effects that could be pulled off. I'm imagining Ghostbusters tier insanity.

He's a perfect villain for Spider-movie
>>
>>84007946
I think it would be great because he could fuck with Peter's mental health and his personal life.
>>
I thought the vulture was already cast?
>>
>>84000693
I want Shocker but Mysterio would be pretty cool.
>>
>>84004610
Holy Shit Bruce Campell confirmed as Chameleon
>>
Mysterio or Shocker for me, since they're really big villains in Spidey's Rogues Gallery that have never been in a film.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.