[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Crew
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 20
File: MC_Nepter_and_Phoebe.png (404 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MC_Nepter_and_Phoebe.png
404 KB, 1280x720
>When Flame Princess drops the hottest rap of the year.
https://youtu.be/m3oG3u1b9L0
>>
That was both cool and cringe-y.
>>
>>83991581
A step-up from her last song in "Bun Bun."
>>
>>83991422
is the robot guy played by mc chris?
>>
>>83991422
Nobody else cringe a little seen this?
>>
>>83991422

it almost seems like Nepter is voiced by mc pee pants
>>
>>83991783
Andy Milonakis
>>
>>83991422
Neptr killed it.
>>
File: CllrmDsUkAQ7T0r.jpg (34 KB, 1008x612) Image search: [Google]
CllrmDsUkAQ7T0r.jpg
34 KB, 1008x612
>this is an Adventure Time storyboard
>>
>>83994281
kek
I though Harold was dead
>>
>Rapper FP + teen heartthrob PB

DRAWFAGS, PLEASE?
>>
>>83994343
Anon, what you're doing is degenerate. I where you're going with this.
>>
>>83992507
IT'S MY SHOW
>>
Finn's falling off the wagon again.
>>
>>83994844
After the last couple of bouts with Bandit Princess, he needed the sauce.
>>
>>83991422
so they made her fatter
>>
>>83995591
I think that's just the JNCO jeans, or some other type of baggy jeans.
>>
>>83991422
Flame Princess & Neptr collaboration with Death Grips when?
>>
>>83995742
>Death Grips
>I actually had to look up who they were
>>
why is flame princess back
>>
File: all speed zero fucks.png (528 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
all speed zero fucks.png
528 KB, 750x750
>>83991422
>white people
>rapping
>>
>>83995937
>Having to look up Death Grips
wew lad
where have you been?
>>
>>83991422
God, I hate when people who can't rap try to rap. Even as a joke, it's terrible. What's so funny about it exactly? Your lyrics aren't clever, your flow is whack, your beat is whack, and you always fall back on the same hacky "my name is..." rhyme that EVERY FUCKING RAP PARODY does.

Just no. You can't simply pass yourself as being bad at rap as entertainment. Stop it.
>>
>>83996250
And you know what makes this sadder? A rap joke like this was hacky bad in the 90s and early 00s, when the fags writing this show would have seen how unfunny it is. They're recycling unfunny jokes from like 20 years ago. Goddamn, this pisses me off.
>>
>>83996167
Cause the show needed some THICC
>>
>>83991422
How are her clothes not catching fire?
>>
>>83992062
MC peepants would merc.

Rap could've been alright but it sounds like something from burger King kids club.
>>
Why does Jessica use such a monotone voice with FP?
>>
File: Phoebe_freestyling.png (529 KB, 1185x667) Image search: [Google]
Phoebe_freestyling.png
529 KB, 1185x667
>>83996449
I like how NOW you guys have caught on. Literally nobody even noticed she was wearing normal clothing in "Bun Bun," we all were too busy shouting
THIC
H
I
C
(not that I'm complaining)
>>83996250
>>83996389
There's something that this show i targeted towards, it's called children. Generally, yes this rap song won't hold up in comparison to actual rap songs produced, but you should already inference that when it's roughly 20 seconds long.
>>
>>83991422

Man I haven't watched this in a while, but the show seems to have gone pretty downhill.
>>
>>83996713
Season 6 is the lowest point. The episodes for season 7 are fairly on par with the rest of the series. That is if you take off your nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>83996696
>There's something that this show i targeted towards, it's called children.
Yes, and I remember being one, and not laughing even slightly at bad rapping in shows and movies.
Kids are smarter than you give them credit for.
20 seconds too long. Either put some effort into the performance, or don't even bother. Why did they rap so so, if what they had to say wasn't funny or clever in the slightest? They could have covered up whack lyrics with a quick delivery.
>>
>>83996789
You're confusing humorous with entertaining. The song is meant to entertain the viewer, not necessarily knock them dead.
>>
>>83995937
I haven't posted all night until you came along said this shit. Get out.
>>
>>83996821
Entertain in what way though? I was just using "funny" as a quick reference to an entertaining feature. What what other way could it be entertaining? Like I said, the lyrics weren't clever. no entertainment value three. The beat was lame. No entertainment value there. The flow was poor. No entertainment value there. Lack of irony or self awareness. No entertainment value there. Tell me, in what way was that performance entertaining?
>>
>>83996914
>my opinion is an objective fact
>>
>>83996950
>Get asked for your opinion.
>Too afraid to offer one, because you know it's shit.
>>
>>83996914
I liked the way FP moved on the stage. The animation was actually really cool
>>
>>83996696
>There's something that this show i targeted towards, it's called children
Can you not use this as a excuse for a bad written joke rap joke are almost always cringe inducing escenes look at the nuPPG. my niece was watching the show and at the moment they star raping she try to look away change the chanel of embarassment, i thing she just have her first cringe
>>
>>83996990
Not denying that the song is subpar with what real musicians dish out. But you're ignoring the point. It's meant to entertain children, not you.
>>
>>83997001
Your animation standards are pretty poor, yo.
It was really just standard moves you would see from any rap performance in the last 25+ years. Much of the movement jerked around in a time-saving fashion.
>>
>>83997071
I didn't ignore that point. Maybe you should reread my posts. That's not necessarily a valid criticism.
And to add, we're on a site that is supposedly browsed by adults. So to think I would hold your tastes to the same standards as children wouldn't make much sense, would it?
>>
>>83997067
>Anecdotal fallacy
>>
>>83997123
>reading comprehension
I'm not saying hold your taste to the standard of children on an adult board. I'm telling you judging material meant for children in an adult fashion is pointless.
>>
>>83991783
I was just wondering the same thing.
>>
>>83996219
Same reaction, trash flow, trash lyrics, trash pronunciation, trash delivery, cliche ironic 90's style.
Seriously the 90's rap cliche is so oveerused in cartoons.
>>
File: 1452754381738.jpg (94 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1452754381738.jpg
94 KB, 500x375
>>83991422
>stop watching AT
>think about starting where I left off
>see this
>>
>>83997126
i just tell you that a child find a rap scene really cringe inducing after you tell me that the materail is for children. believe most children find rap scenes cringe
>>
>>83997233
>the opinion of one individual is the opinion of every individual in that age group
>>
>>83997228
Keep watching, there's more to this episode than just rapping. I made the thread out of satire; I know AT fans dislike Phoebe rapping.
>>
>>83997174
>I'm not saying hold your taste to the standard of children on an adult board.
And yet, here we are, on an adult boaard, discussing a children's cartoon, watched by adults, and their opinions on the material. Using the excuse "It's a kid's show", gets us no where, It's a pointless argument.

>I'm telling you judging material meant for children in an adult fashion is pointless.
No, that's retarded, because kids ingest the entertainment that adults produce. If you feed kids shit entertainment, "because they're kids", then you put off the kids who have taste, and you lower the standards for kids who don't have tastes. You're also giving them bullshit to look back on unkindly. Kids who grew up with the Simpsons in the 90s look back on the Simpson fondly, they recognize it was smart entertainment that appealed to both children and adults. There are concepts in the show that helped developed people's sense of humor to an advanced level.
>>
>>83997511
Yes the show, because we enjoy it. A song? That's 23 seconds? Holding THAT to an adult standard is pointless. Adventure Time IS a cleverly written show despite being made for children. The same can be said for 90's Simpsons. But judging the theatrical aspects such as a minor song with the same standard is ludicrous. If Adventure Time was as badly written as the song, we wouldn't be discussing it here. Adventure Time can appeal to all ages. That minor song is meant to entertain children, not appeal to their adult fan base; children is their priority, not you. Watching childish shows doesn't hinder the ability for a child to mature. Adults have shit-taste, taste is a preference not an objective fact. Just because an adult made it doesn't it adult material. Have you never seen TTG?
>>
>>83991422
when did Flame Princess get so fat?
>>
>>83997711
It's just the wideness and fabric of the jeans she's wearing. Makes her look fat.
>>
>>83997711
bun in the oven
>>
>>83997665
Not the same anon but, nobody is saying that AT is bad written nobody even is saying that this whole episode is bad written just this cringe rap joke thet probably not even children enjoy
>>
>>83997846
Children don't look that deep into lyrics, they care more about how a song sounds. They won't even get the overused joke of the stereotypical 90's gangsta rapper.
>>
>>83991422
Now get ready for a bunch of neckbeards singing "covers" on youtube.
>>
>>83997665
>That minor song is meant to entertain children, not appeal to their adult fan base; children is their priority, not you.
You keep saying "it's for children, it's for children", as though that phrase has some inherent meaning to it. Which you never bother to actually explain. Because it's a bullshit statement that you can't back up. "It's for children" means nothing. Because a child would be equally, if not MORE entertained, by a better performed and written joke. A child is not going to be less entertained if the song was better performed.

Just because something is made for kids, doesn't automatically justify poor quality.
>>
>>83998040
>they care more about how a song sounds
Well the show failed at making the song sound appealing too.
>>
>>83998143
>my opinion is fact
>>
>>83998177
>My opinion that it sounds good is fact
>Your opinion that is sounds bad is opinion.
>>
>this autism over rapping in a kids show
seriously drink bleach
>>
File: 2016-02-24-the-old-kanye-53063.jpg (39 KB, 272x409) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-24-the-old-kanye-53063.jpg
39 KB, 272x409
>>83991422
why did they have her dress like Kanye West circa 2004 ?
>>
>>83998208
Th simpsons were making fun of bad rapping so far back as the mr plow episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJwZIDaILrg
THAT'S how hacky that rap is. At least the simpsons was self aware enough to shit on it though. That's what made it entertaining.

And here's fred and barney in a fruity pebbles commercial without an ounce of irony, from 1992. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8aqAgtwqcU

Can you see just HOW BAD this joke is? How far back it goes to being cringe.
>>
>>83998127
>a child isn't going to be less interested if it is written better
So there's no point? Now you see mine.
And I'm telling you that saying something is shit, when it isn't trying to be good in the first place is a waste of time. I did explain it if you would choose to actually read what I'm saying. The show is written well, and it is enjoyable. Why else do we discuss it? If a show was shit, we wouldn't care for it, and it would get threads here filled with discussion. I am not denying the fact that the song a shit. But it wasn't trying to be good in the first place. What are you getting so upset about?
>>
This is one weird episode of Arthur.
But man, I used to look forward to AT non-instrumentals. That was long ago.
>>
>>83998353
Whatever, man. You can keep to your train of thought. Sorry for actually having expectations. Sorry for actually treating children like thinking human beings who can tell the difference between shit and quality entertainment.
>>
>>83998350
>I'm the target audience
>my opinion matters
I'm open for discussion, but insessantly pushing your opinion on how shit the song is truly a waste of time. It isn't meant to be good. Children arent even going to get the joke. That's like getting mad at subliminal messages.
>>
>>83998414
I'm I being trolled? I'm too new to /co/. I'm typically a /v/ guy. So I don't know if you're sincerely this retarded, or if this is crazy troll logic to fuck with newfags.
>>
>>83998302
Kanye rocking the Chris Chan look a few years early.
>>
>>83998412
>implying they can
Anon, children, children, not pre-teens, not teenager, nor adults. Children do NOT comprehend things like adults do. That's an objective fact no matter how much you will try to dance around that. The songs in this episode are going to be nice sounding songs, not something deep. There isn't a point, the bigger question is if they would even be capable. Rebecca Sugar was the writer that brought meaningful songs to Adventure Time, she isn't involved in this episode. I'm not saying have no expectations, but don't have yours so fucking high that you are expecting something from an actual musician producing music.
>>
>>83998480
>hi I'm from reddit
>not contradicting my argument
Summer came too quickly. It would help you better to map out your argument, and show specifically your points to it, rather than resort to ad hominem.
>>
>>83998512
How hard is it for one of the biggest cartoon series in the world to hire a fucking musician for like 8 bars?

How hard is it to TRY and write something good? They didn't try at all. The song sounds like shit. It's not even the type of rap kids listen to today. If they were really trying to appeal to the kids, then why did they use a lyrical style from the 80s?

Children DO have tastes, you just have to expose them to it. You show them something of quality, and then show them shit, and they will get which one is better.
>>
>>83997380
I don't. That seems like a really stupid generalization, or rather, a really stupid thing to get hung up on.
>>
>>83998654
>Adventure Time is one of the greatest shows in the world
Wew lad, you forgot your citations. So far in season 7 Adventure Time is averaging 1 million viewers. I suggest you take this shoe off the pedestal.
>implying Children have taste
>Waffles has 3M views
Children judge a song based on how well a song sounds and it's cachyness. Maybe the rap today isn't very clean? And it's easier to use the 80's format clean rap. If its portrayal wasn't appealing, they wouldn't be using it. This is CN. You're trying to imply that taste is an objective fact. That's purely preference. There's no such thing as "good" taste.
>>
>>83998778
Well than what was I supposed to get from this? >>83997228
>>
>>83998810
>shoe
show*
>>
>>83998810
>There's no such thing as "good" taste.
>But CN has the magic formula that appeals most to kids, and it was all crafted to make the most appealing rap, despite this notion going against my own statement that Adventure Time isn't a popular show.

>I also don't know what numbers mean, and think that 1M ratings is bad.

>I also don't know what numbers means, and think that 1M ratings makes hiring musicians literally unaffordable.

>I also don't know how to read and thing that "biggest" is synonymous with "greatest"
>>
>>83999007
>what I prefer is fact and anybody else that prefers something I don't like is wrong
>not explaining your argument
So because CN decides ultimately what airs, based on experience and studies what children in the age groups they dominate prefer to watch, means that using an outdated format of rap shouldn't be used? Who are you to make that decision?
>implying AT is even close to one of the largest cartoons
>implying is it necessary to hire an actual musician to write the songs
You said that a child isn't going to be less interest if they are exposed to something written better. This doesn't mean they are going to be more, so there's no point in wasting money.
>1M rating total means that this show is the biggest in the world
>meanwhile Gravity Falls averaged 3-4 million
>meanwhile The Loud House is getting 3-4 million.
1M is nothing to be proud of.
>>
File: 1448943606998.jpg (36 KB, 358x389) Image search: [Google]
1448943606998.jpg
36 KB, 358x389
This thread made me think it would be monster shit.

It wasn't, but it couldda been a lot better. Fucking hell what is Flame Princess wearing though? Shit does not look good on her.
>>
>>83999174
2-3 million* for The Loud House
>>
>>83999202
They should've gone with something more fire like. It doesn't really make sense for someone made of fire to be able to wear denim, but ya' know, cartoon logic. Whoever designed the outfits for this episode is beyond redemption. Marceline dressed in a nun dress, and Bonnibel looks phallic. Marceline's song better make up for this.
>>
>>83998854
You saw a post about a guy who stopped watching Adventure Time and figured he represented AT fans?
>>
>>83999386
No I saw a post about a guy who wanted to start watching it again, only to be convinced not to after watching the youtube clip. I was telling this guy to keep watching.
>>
>>83999174
>You said that a child isn't going to be less interest if they are exposed to something written better. This doesn't mean they are going to be more
Objectively wrong. All of the most popular children's music has writers and producers. Even if it is their job to make schlock.
>>
>>83999508
Well then I guess it's a good thing Phoebe and Neptr's rap isn't trying to be.
>>
File: tumblr_o97ad7a0Jm1rzbpp3o1_1280.png (353 KB, 1194x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o97ad7a0Jm1rzbpp3o1_1280.png
353 KB, 1194x750
>>
File: tumblr_o97ad7a0Jm1rzbpp3o2_1280.png (290 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o97ad7a0Jm1rzbpp3o2_1280.png
290 KB, 1280x640
>>
What time should the talkback be made? Morning tomorrow? Or afternoon about an hour or two before the episode airs? I feel like the latter.
>>
>>83999549
You hurt your own argument when you claim Adventure Time isn't a big show. Because perhaps they would be bigger, if they took the effort to try.
>>
>>83999818
About an hour or two before the episode airs, make sure to put the ep name in the subject line. That's about when everyone needs to be reminded and get suitably hype, and this episode seems like it could be hype
>>
Anyone else hate flame princess as a character?
>>
>>84000131
You really have nothing more to say. How does that hurt my argument. And it means nothing if it "could have." Any show "could have" if they did something else/different.
>>
>>84000286
She's okay. I just dislike the fact that a teenager can run a kingdom without any training or experience. But ya' know.
>>
>>84000286
I don't hate her character, I'm just not all too fond of what they've done with her. Like, out of all the characters, besides PB I suppose, she's the only one who's kind of too serious for the setting.
Which is why I like that they're trying to liven her up a bit.
>>
>>83991422
Why is her fit so dated?
When was the last time these people looked up a rapper?
>>
File: NEqyWj0clSKUur_1_4.jpg (22 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
NEqyWj0clSKUur_1_4.jpg
22 KB, 600x360
>>83999680
>>
>>84000415
2000s rap nostalgia has been going on for awhile

besides, for a kids show, dressing like MF DOOM is way safer than dressing like Nikki Minaj
>>
>>84000373
>>84000350
I used to ship fubblegum hardcore which is why I "hate" her lmao, but before they tried to develop her character I just saw her as purely being finn's girlfriend/how they rushed their relationship was boring
>>
>>84000450
>FP, PB, Marceline and various other AT girls dressed like the anaconda video
muh dic
>>
>>84000327
Your argument is a nihilistic one. That's why I'm not trying any more. You only seek to prove that nothing matters, and therefore, any effort is futile. Nihilism will always win an argument, because ultimately, there is no meaning to anything, other than the meaning you give it. So if you see no value in offering children a better quality of entertainment for the reasons I've already proposed, then I see no reason why I should put continued effort into trying to show you the value.

However, you are actually ging against yourself when you make the case that AT isn't big, and the proceed to explain how they aren't trying to do things that would possibly benefit it self as both an industry, and an entertainment piece for children. Everything that "could have", is what the show should be doing. Otherwise, what's the point?(The nihilist would make the case there is none)
>>
>>84000415
If they dressed her like current rappers and they didn't have an amazing rap sequence, it would be seen as racial parody and poorly done
>>
>>84000483
i drew this in 8th grade jesus
>>
>>84000483
What irks me is both her and 13 year old PB were scrapped before they could get into the meat of their relationship with Finn. Now they're just pairing him up with FOTMs with Jake lurking in the background because idunno.
>>
>>84000522
S
U N D E R A G E
M
M
E
R
>>
>>84000504
You're implying that writing a minor song that will appeal to adults will actually benefit the show. Let's be honest, we watch the episode regardless if we are expecting it to be shit, either to confirm our prejudice, or be surprised by something decent. I do believe in nihilism. Doesn't refute my argument. That is a common misconception that many assume, that I argue solely for the purpose of being right. But rather I argue to ensure the person I'm arguing with knows what is correct. I have an urge to ensure we are not wrong. The point is currency. I use cheap animation, albeit an amusing show, and my profits increase. Why would they waste money, hiring a lyricist, when it isn't going to matter, because as long as the song sounds nice and is catchy, they will grasp their audiences attention. It's a waste of money. CN needs to profit, without the expense of losing viewers.
>>
>>84000711
that was in 2012 so jokes on you
>>
>>84000711
>FP was introuduced in February 2012
>Anon if never flunked, should be 13-14 at the time of drawing thag
>Date is June 2016, 4 years later
>Anon should be 17-18
There's a chance he is underage, but the chance is just as equal if he wasn't. He just graduated regardless.
>>
>>83999664
regardless of the episode, this is probably one of the best promo arts the crew's ever made. lookin good.
>>
>>84000483
If you were such a hardcore Fubblefag, I'd assume you despise Marceline.
>>
>>84000286
She's so boring and shows up so rarely that I can't see how you could make the effort to care enough to hate her.
>>
How many hours till the full episode airs?
>>
>>84000000
>>
>>84000837
I love Finnceline
>>
>>83994844
>He uses the dead finnsword
Poor guy, having to carry his dead doppelganger around to remind him of how he fucked up.
>>
>>84001011
Ah, well that explains it.
>>
File: Das it mane.png (83 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Das it mane.png
83 KB, 640x360
>>84000483
>accidentally interpreted "fubblegum" as FP and Bubblegum
>>
>>84000981
It airs at 7:30pm EST, it is presently 2:10am EST. That means it's 17 hours and 20 minutes away.
>>
>>84000837
I don't hate marceline or PB since they were actually interesting and cool characters at the time of FP's introduction/dating finn
>>84000903
I hated her in 8th grade when i was still an AT weeb. idc about her now honestly
>>
>>84001042
Where have you been the past 6 years?
>>
>>84001042
Was that even a thing? Probably on tumblr; those teenage girls ship anything with "muh gender knows no boundaries.
>>
>>84001073
>I hated her in 8th grade when i was still an AT weeb.
ah, so a fubblegummer angry that there was a new enemy in town, that makes sense.
>>
>>84001130
Fubblegum shippers get mad at anything that stands in the way of their ship. First Finnceline, then Foebe, now Bubbline. They aren't as prevalent, but the ones that still exist are beyond retarded.
>>
>>84001130
pretty much, bubbline was still questionable at the time. I know this sounds super autistic but I had a flame princess hate phase where I wrote angry tumblr posts and watched burning low so many times I had the script memorized because seeing Finn x FP would build up my anger making it more satisfying if they broke up
>>
>>84001171
>beyond retarded
I want to go back in time and tell myself to chill out
>>
File: 1356401662408.png (615 KB, 1350x750) Image search: [Google]
1356401662408.png
615 KB, 1350x750
>>84001119
>those
>>
>>84001220
>>84001220
I want to go back in time and tell myself to lose weight

or winning lotto numbers
but to each his own
>>
>>84001220
Only the hardcore ones that still exist. If you still ship them just for the sake of shipping, or for fapfics, then I really have no problem with it.
>>
>>84000714
>You're implying that writing a minor song that will appeal to adults will actually benefit the show.
Actually, that's some strawman you set up for yourself.

>Let's be honest, we watch the episode regardless if we are expecting it to be shit
Actually, I don't. I gave up on the show long ago. You are projecting. I'm only in this thread right now, because i'm one of the few people who still visit the front page, and I saw what I knew was going to be cringe.

> But rather I argue to ensure the person I'm arguing with knows what is correct.
>My opinion is objectively correct.
>You opinion is objectively incorrect.

> Why would they waste money, hiring a lyricist, when it isn't going to matter, because as long as the song sounds nice and is catchy, they will grasp their audiences attention.
1. You have not proved the song is catchy.
2. You have not denied that a catchier song is able to be made with effort. A catchier song would net more viewers, because the product is better.
3. You are projecting your ideas onto an entire staff and crew. You don't know that they forwent a song for the sake of saving money.
>>
File: 1465516414818.jpg (447 KB, 2194x2984) Image search: [Google]
1465516414818.jpg
447 KB, 2194x2984
>>84001064
Thanks.
>>
>>84001281
>>84000714
Oh, and to answer you question as to "why" they might include a better song. That's simple: because they see meaning in crafting a quality product. The absence of meaning comes from the nihilistic point of view, which you then project onto others. But you can't claim that artists wouldn't find meaning where you do not.
>>
>>83996449
The designers are too lazy to care and just throw whatever the fuck on her.
She's worn regular looking clothes a bunch of times.
>>
>>84001281
Hardly a strawman, let me try not do it so overtly. This is one of the many songs that will be featured in today's episode. Oliva Olsons favorite Marceline song is in this episode, so I'm guessing not ALL are going to be dreadful. Regardless, it isn't going to significantly hurt or help the show. Quit digging so deep into it. You are here for the sake of arguing, the only reason I keep replying to you is BECAUSE you're keeping this thread on the front page.
>opinions are right or wrong
Are you serious? Opinions are just that. I can't prove carrots taste good, or disgusting. It wouldn't be an objective fact for either of those statements. Same thing goes for taste. Someone who's taste is similar to yours, may be said to have good taste. Someone who's taste is so far from yours, to where what they enjoy is morbid to you, may be said to have shit taste. It is purely preference. I cannot "prove," a song to be catchy, that seems more of a poll thing. Marceline's song Everything Stays is catchy to me, so view it as "lul look guise at how deap I am" It's just a preference, or rather a pol type of thing. Nevertheless, it is the networks goal to insinuate songs to be catchy, because that will help with their ratings, and bring in more income. A catchy song may convince a viewer to continue watching, as they will grow accustomed to it, the show in this sense. It isnt a requirement, but it is a way. My nihilistic views do not coincide with yours, so saying a buisness's first priority is income, may be unsettling to you, and pointless. CN needs to make money, and maximizing profits will make the risk of a failed show ruining their budget less likely. You want to be able to spend as little as possible, without the expense of the pleasure of the consumer. You'd have to be very naive to say this isn't true.
>>
>>84001453
>>83996449
they dont care to show it but im sure it's specific made in the kingdom so her fire tits aren't showing, and fire vagina too

or maybe they have to blue field around them but without actually showing it (it would ruin the design of the outfit if there was a blue shade over all of them)
>>
>>83998302
>go forth dropout bear and rap to the extreme
>>
>>84001328
The artist doesn't make the ultimate decision, the network does. The network has the final say in what goes in the show, if the shoe disagrees, the show doesnt air with the network. This is Adventure Time, it isn't as great as TWD in terms of viewers. The songs in AT are seldom ever at the quality of actual produced music. There's like, what? Three? Even then they go to about 1-2 minutes. I don't even know is any have a chorus. It's just meant to entertain children, not catter to you /mu/ critique.
>>
>>84001453
Meh, they just throw whatever the fuck on anyone. PB used to wear cool royal dresses in the earlier seasons. Now she gets a "new" outfit every damn episode except "new" means differently colored same casual t-shirts.
Lame.
>>
>>83996250
But it's ironically bad, making it good.
>>
>>84001597
She wore that kind of stuff too dude, she was wearing casual stuff every other appearance as early as season 2.

The ladies in this show have always had a super eccentric wardrobe since that's where all the designers flex their muscles after drawing Finn with the same shirt for the five thousandth time.
>>
>>83991422
Welp, Adventure Time is still garbage I see.
>>
Remember Balloon music?
Remember Finn singing autotune just because he ate a computer?
>>
>>84001727
Last time I remember Finn using his autotone was for "Davey," new autotune song from Finn when?
>>
>>84001519
>Hardly a strawman
It really is, because I made no distinction between adult humor and child humor. It was you who inserted the notion, and you who appointed me the speaker for it. Total strawman.

>Regardless, it isn't going to significantly hurt or help the show.
The significance of the scene to the overall product was not my argument either. I fail to see what that has to do with the scene itself being shit. You are the one arguing that the song is catchy, thus part of CN's plan to make a greater profit.

>opinions are right or wrong
You misunderstood the implication I was making. I was insinuating that YOU were asserting your opinion as fact. The opinion that forgoing the hiring of a musician for the sake of saving a few sheckles, is an opinion. However, you state it as "correct".

>A catchy song may convince a viewer to continue watching
Again, you have not proved that the song is catchy. You're also contradicting your point that the song is insignificant, by turning around and asserting that it could potentially help the show, thus having significance.
And you've failed to address the point that the most successful children's songs are backed by real songwriters and producers. So if your capital-nihilistic point of view holds true, then wouldn't it be in the best interest of CN to hire a song writer?

You're naive, if you think everyone company is is run by pure profits. They have other interests. If they didn't, then they wouldn't be in the cartoon business. They would be in a more lucrative one.
>>
>>83991422
I feel like the only reason they made FP a rapper is so they could make shitty fire puns. Like "spit fire", "hot rhymes", "this mixtape is fire senpai", etc.
>>
File: 1466573472376.jpg (2 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1466573472376.jpg
2 MB, 1000x1000
>>84001639
> she was wearing casual stuff every other appearance as early as season 2
Not really. I've just checked the episodes from seson 2 and season 7 and gathered some stats (disclaimer: autism ahead).

Season 2 PB:
Not present in the episode: 15
Long dress or lab coat: 8
Casual dress: 1
Both: 1 (in "Filmmakers" she appears both in her long dress and in t-shirt+shorts)

Season 7 PB (miniseries counted as separate episodes):
Not present in the episode: 16
Long dress or lab coat: 7 (Mostly cameos desu)
Casual dress: 11
Both: 2 (can't really say her boss-next-door in "Thin Yellow Line" is casual but it's not a dress either; "Don't Look" has both separately)

So yeah, PB wearing casual outfits is more of a recent phenomenon.
>>
>>84001879
>Again, you have not proven the song is catchy.
You can't prove a song is catchy. That's a subjective quality of a song. What did you expect the other guy to do? Write up a five page essay on how the song is catchy? Poll people on what they think?
>>
>>84001972
There's been some build up for this, her and Finn used to rap together. I've no idea what the writers are thinking.
>>
File: 1463788813173.jpg (98 KB, 456x386) Image search: [Google]
1463788813173.jpg
98 KB, 456x386
>>84001984
>gathered some stats (disclaimer: autism ahead).
>>
>>84002040
I expect him to stop making contradicting statements. Either stop claiming a song is catchy, when he himself states that taste is subjective. Or stop claiming that taste is subjective, when he himself states that the song is catchy.
>>
>>84002099
I said the network's goal is to have catchy songs in their cartoons, read what I post.
>>
>>84002155
You said.
>Why would they waste money, hiring a lyricist, when it isn't going to matter, because as long as the song sounds nice and is catchy, they will grasp their audiences attention.
Implying that the song was catchy.
>Incoming, "I TECHNICALLY didn't state the song was catchy."
>>
what the hell is happening with this shitshow.

goddammit OP, label your threads right so my filters work.
>>
>>84002231
Learn to ignore shit you don't like, faggot
>>
sooooo, when's the episode out?
>>
>>84001879
A strawman is a misrepresentation of your argument, so I can prove my statement easily. That's what you said in an earlier post, or rather implied. You're holding the songs in AT to the standard as if it were a produced one. It isn't meant to, nor is it even attempting to. Holding the songs to a standard so high is ridiculous. No, my argument is CN would prefer a song to be catchy, so more viewers would be interested in their product. That is a fact, or rather a possibility. Lyricist don't exactly work for free, not to mention hiring one would be pointless, as they are already capable of creating a song that can entertain children. I didn't notice my contradiction. The songs will help bring more attention to a show, as music is a quality viewers enjoy. However, the music is meant to attract the attention of children, and comparing these songs to actual ones in the music industry, makes them look rather insignificant in comparison. I didn't say industries are ran solely on profits, I said profits are their first priority. Where did I say the songs were insignificant, I want to make sure you didn't take what I said out of context, or I made an error.
>>
>>84002281
see
>>84001064
>>
>>83997071
It is, but the writers for this show suck up to adults whenever they feel like it. There are lots of episodes now that would be totally lost on children -- not even subtext, the main text. So they turned in that just4kidz pass long ago. Not like the show used to need one anyway.
>>
>>84002231
kek, I didn't think this thread would last this long, if it's still up when the talkback is posted, I'll just link to it in this thread, so that users coming to this thread, will go to the official one. I was just trying to see what users thought of her rapping.
>>
>>84002338
Any examples of this? The show is child- friendly, and if it was truly targeted at adults we would see Marceline and Bonnibel making out by now. The show's been rated PG since forver. Except in "Go With Me," I think it was PG-D
>>
>>84002344
I think the style of it is creepily timebound/referential for AT. They used to be so good at creating a foreign world, far away from what we're familiar with.
>>
>>84001972
Or hot garbage.
>>
>>84002264
I love AT tho.

I'm trying to spare myself the pain of watching it writhe in agony.
>>
>>84002397
Preboot and Reboot are coming up pretty soon, the eerie world may be found in those episodes. Maybe its because of familiarity, and backstory episodes, that take away the wonder aspect.
>>
>>84001972
or she's just poochie the rappin dog. if you have no character what else is there?
>>
>>84002389
some episodes ask for a lot of interpretation and I'm not sure what kids will take away. recent things by jmoyns or tom herpich especially, cus those fucks are hella full of themselves and love to be metaphorical and flowery. I think of stuff like Lemonhope, The Mountain, The Great Bird Man, Dungeon Train, Puhoy, Hall of Egress, All the Little People, or Breezy.

not that kids shouldn't be challenged but it tells me the writers will do what they feel like as adults, take it or leave it.

also I think the most enduring theme of the later show -- the MC's nightmare of a love life, with bonus abandonment issues -- is bullshit to push on children. even if they understand, they'll be bored. you know you overstepped the boundaries when you have to employ weird symbolism to keep it "child friendly" -- that is, vague and confusing because if it was clear it wouldn't be PG anymore.
>>
>>84002847
oh and uh, Bubbline b8 out the ass. those hos can't make out on screen but we keep watching to see if they might. great for ratings.
>>
>>84002888
>oh and uh,
this is typing, you don't have to stutter/pause/be flabbergasted and have to go back and correct your wording in a "i meant" manner
>>
>>84002290
Goodnight, guy. Just came back to put the PC to sleep. Figured I'd put a cap on this discussion. We didn't really get anywhere. But I hope you think about you reflect on our talk later, and really get introspective.
>>
>>84002911
you're right, I don't have to.
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (138 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.png
138 KB, 350x350
>>83997746
Don't you mean Cinder Toffee?
>>
>>83996950
Obvioisly
>>
>>83998512
Its pointless Anon, hes a fucking idiot
>>
File: 1948819534_b652a15c.jpg (104 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1948819534_b652a15c.jpg
104 KB, 500x500
>>83991422
>>
>>83991422
Atleast it's not a bad as PPG 2016 rap songs.
>>
We gonna set up a talkback thread for the episode? We should at least have the ep. name in the title.
>>
>>83998402
They need Rebecca sugar back. Just having her back for stakes wasn't enough. I feel like her music is a key part to the adventure time formula
>>
>>84002847
That doesn't necessarily mean it's not for children. The original PPG was written based on what the writters thought was funny, not what children thought were. Regardless, there were subliminal messages, just like there are in AT. It's aimed at children is my point, and the appeal is there for them. TV ratings don't mean that because something is rated Y7, or G, that adults can't watch it, it's just to let the viewer know how mature or innocuous is.
>>
>>84005883
I'll post it about an hour or two prior to it airing. If this thread is still up, I'll just link to the talkback, so that anyone coming here goes to the official one.
>>
>>84000522
If adventure time was on when you were in middle school, you might be too young to post here
>>
>>84006109
see
>>84000783
>>
>>84006131
>might be
I wasn't being facetious
>>
>>84005956
Rebecca sugar was the root of all that's wrong with Adventure Time. Good riddance and stop wishing her back. Go watch her progressive and continuity-heavy show elsewhere.
>>
>>83996219
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5souw4K5UQc
>>
>>84006995
How can you say that? What did she even write in the show that has progessive themes?
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 2634x3072) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 2634x3072
>>83996250
YE YE (YE)
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.