[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Zack Snyder Talks BATMAN v SUPERMAN Backlash; Admits Fan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 12
File: bvsartjpg-19cc10_1280w.jpg (214 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bvsartjpg-19cc10_1280w.jpg
214 KB, 1280x720
>Zack Snyder Talks BATMAN v SUPERMAN Backlash; Admits Fan Response Changed JUSTICE LEAGUE's Tone.

Yay... Can't wait for my quips and everything being a joke. Thanks fuckers.
>>
We did it /co/!
>>
I also can't wait for my proper editing and narrative.

Stay mad.
>>
>>83970148
Nothing changes, mark my words.
>>
>>83970183
Watch the Ultimate Edition then.
>>
>>83970148
>Can't wait for my quips and everything being a joke
You don't want the DCEU movies to be like the actual DC comics? Who am I kidding /co/ doesn't read comics
>>
>>83970148
I can't wait for it to come out and STILL be savaged by critics
>>
>>83970148
>pandering to mainstream memegeeks prevails again
Looks like DCAU is the only bastion of integrity left.
>>
>death and destruction raining down from the heavens
>heroes quip
>just hanging out
>heroes quip

>death and destruction raining down from the heavens
>heroes dont quip
>just hanging out
>heroes quip

Wow that was hard
>>
>>83970212
>implying that will fix all the problems
>implying it will fix even half the problems
>implying it will put the color back in the movie
>>
>>83970212
I can't wait for it to fix the completely disheveled Luthor who pisses in jars and relies on letters that don't even get delivered on time
>>
>>83970274
Everything not disney is getting destroyed by critics
What's that about
>>
>>83970309
Luthor in BVS is a new character
unless you say that him and his briefly appering comic counterpart are the same person and there is no right or wrong
>>
File: jk.jpg (30 KB, 805x453) Image search: [Google]
jk.jpg
30 KB, 805x453
>>83970326
>If Batman & Robin was released today it would get 110% score on RT
>>
>>83970148
We never wanted "quips and everything being a joke". All we wanted was for the films to stop being so fucking dry. I want to have some fun dammit. It can be a bit darker and have a deeper message but I came here for Batman and Superman, not fucking Schindler's List. Not to mention that the tone was the least of the films problems. The movie had serious issues with the script, and even with the numerous cuts to the film, it still felt an hour too long. Why the fuck did they introduce Doomsday in the last 10 minutes? Why not have Lex kick Superman's ass if you wanted to kill him so bad? Why the fuck did they turn Batman into the fucking Punisher? Why was Superman such a mopey dick all the time? There is so much wrong with this film more than just the tone. Goddammit I hate this fucking film.
>>
>>83970148
>Zack Snyder Talks BATMAN v SUPERMAN Backlash; Admits Fan Response Changed JUSTICE LEAGUE's Tone.
Did he quit the movie then?
>>
>>83970148
Maybe Justice won't suck now, unlike Batman vs Superman.
>>
>>83970399
Not sure what you're getting at
I'm not saying the movies are good
and i haven't seen most of the movies i'm talking about
But it seems either disney is godly and only makes hits while everyone else makes dogshit
or something fishy is going on
based soley on reviews i've seen popping up
>>
>>83970435
Remember that BvS was also in response to backlash from MoS.
>>
The real bad part is that Snyder is terrible with "fun and jokes"

He will just make Batman's prison rape scene look funny.
>>
>>83970148
I honestly can't tell if your tears will make me like this movie or not.

Script is definitely shit, but maybe they'll get a better editor this time and keep more of the execs out of the kitchen.
>>
>>83970469
Fucking this.
I almost feel like Snyder is going to make a parody of the Avengers just out of spite. Some of the details do point at that.
>>
File: 1458011371880.png (181 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
1458011371880.png
181 KB, 500x283
>>83970399
>Implying that Batgod fanboys would be able to forgive that mess of a movie even if it was released today.

>Implying that any of the people here trying to make another company wars thread actually understands why the MCU movies, TDK trilogy, Deadpool or XMen: DOFP wefe succesful
>>
>>83970498
>JK Simmons will do le batman rape joker meme
I want it.
>>
>>83970148
>MoS would be a superior film if Zod & Supes exchanged quips in between the destruction
>>
>>83970551
But they did though.

>WHERE DID YOU TRAIN? ON A FARM?!?!
>>
>>83970527

>Implying Batgod fanboys would matter in the midst of B&R being the highest grossing normie chow.

>implying implications
>>
>>83970527
>870 million
>not succesful
jew please go
>>
>move is no longer a grimdark mess
OH NO

OH FUCK

DC fans are fucking dumb lmao
>>
>>83970148
this is what the market wants, and it so happens that the cape lowest common denominator are marvelcucks that love their quips, one liners, and snark. Going against what the market wants has consequences and the backlash is evident of this. You would be a fool to think that they wouldn't adapt to what the market wants.

I blame Whedon for this shit.
>>
File: 1466309371714.png (97 KB, 548x272) Image search: [Google]
1466309371714.png
97 KB, 548x272
>>83970458
Yeah, because that's why half of the fucking MCU is considered mediocre at best while everyone praised Deadpool, right? Captain America was the only consistently praised series in the entire MCU.
>>
>>83970621
subhuman nonwhite underage /v/edditor detected

>>83970646
But RT says that the MCU is objectively good.
>>
>>83970621
great response man, really made an excellent point there friendo
>>
>>83970646
>I blame Whedon for this shit.
So do I and I actually like Marvel movies.
>>
>>83970646
there was jokes and quips in fucking iron man you got damned retard
>>
>>83970800
>I actually like Marvel movies.
My condolences.
>>
>>83970825
Yeah, but everyone was in character. Whedon threw the whole "every character is a quick witted jack ass with the same sense of humor" thing into over drive.
>>
>Muh super heroes need to be dark and brooding
>>
Can't believe it took me until now to realize this is the worst community.
>>
>>83970887
>muh superheroes need to have no stakes and no tension
>>
File: 1413381185601.png (63 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1413381185601.png
63 KB, 625x626
>>83970148
>Can't wait for my quips and everything being a joke. Thanks fuckers
>>
I don't if i have to laugh or cry.
Like the other anon said, fuck Whedon, Leterier was a better choice.
Also, Phase one was good.
>>
>>83970148
>Admits Fan Response Changed JUSTICE LEAGUE's Tone.
I'm both pissed, and tickled pink.

I'm pissed that they're not sticking to their damn guns, and instead of artistic integrity they are angling it more towards the crap marvel is starting to produce for money, but I'm laughing my ass off that the cracks in DC's little movie universe are becoming more evident

I want both companies to crash and burn at this point, Marvel's tanking in books, so DC is more than welcome to bomb in theaters.
>>
>>83970326
>Everything not disney is getting destroyed by critics
>What's that about

Everything not Disney is bad.
>>
>>83970977
>Leterier was a better choice.
this
>>
>>83970148
>Flash spamming bad jokes is a new thing to the DC world
Are you out of your mind? The only worrying news (and this is major) we got today was that Steppenwolf is the main villain, when he can barely support a regular arc by himself.
>>
>>83971032
Heh, at this point I am so sick of Marvel fanboys I am willing to sacrifice DC so the bubble will finally burst
>>
>>83970617

870 million is a lot of money, but bear in mind that this was Batman and Superman in the same movie. Literal biggest possible draw ever that DC can conceivably have. It should have made double or triple that. Everything after BvS is going to make less than it because you can't top Batman and Superman in the same movie for the first time ever. That's why it's considered a failure; it made a lot of money, but it was expected to make absurd money.
>>
>>83971038
Except the Nolan trilogy?
>>
>>83970148
>people expecting hype for the new batman league movie.
fuck that shit
>>
Are people completely unable to flip from one extreme to another? Do no one do thing by degrees in order to fine tune their writing?
>>
>>83970498
>The real bad part is that Snyder is terrible with "fun and jokes"
He's not very good with "serious and dramatic" either.
>>
>>83972174
I disagree.
>>
All I want is a smile from Superman.

Just ONE smile,a real genuine smile full of warmth. That's all. That's all I ask. Was it so hard to give that to me?
>>
>>83970148
>Thanks fuckers.
You're welcome. Now take the next step and kill yourself.
>>
>>83972206
>what is the closing shot of MoS
kill yourself
>>
>>83972101
>flip from one extreme to another?
Oh fuck off. Having a slightly lighter tone (which they've said would be the case all along) and having a character like the Flash make some quips is not a fucking extreme.
>>
>>83972251
The problem is that BvS went right back to dour Supes. Part of what I loved about MoS was the ending, it was filled with hope for the future.....which was then promptly forgotten in BvS in favor of Supes and Batman having a contrived fight.
>>
File: spit laugh.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
spit laugh.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>83970148
>defending SnyderVerse
>>
>>83971066
Yeah except for the fact that Snyder is still directing, producing and wrote the base script, everything else should be GREAT!
>>
>>83970977
>>83971039
lmao Incredible Hulk is the worst movie in the MCU and Leterier has literally never made a good movie in his life.

At least the first Avengers movie is decent.
>>
>>83972493
>TIH
>MCU
>>
>>83970469
Wasn't that only the number of combat casualties though, and not tonal complaints?

BvS seems to me like it should have been split into two films, with a lot of scene reshuffling, the actual BvS fight being the climax of the first movie, and Lex's scheme, Supes' death and WW being the climax of the second one. A bit more elaboration regarding changes (like actually telling the viewer Batman's only been active since MoS before Lex's rant in the final battle, amongst other things) and less crash cuts to different characters in different situations from what we last saw them in.

I liked the bizarre dreams and the like, and Batman was good as the angry as fuck wrecking ball/demon combo
>>
>>83972528
I don't get what you're trying to say

Tony Stark has a cameo at the end and the events of the end of the movie are referenced in Avengers
>>
File: no.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
3 MB, 320x240
this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJKDaIUYt6g
>>
>>83970469

What did people complain about from MoS that resulted in BvS?

>"this movie has a plot and it makes sense"
>"it seemed like every few minutes there was an action scene, who wants story interrupted by action?!"
>"it was stupid to see zodd and superman fight because of their different opinions, a 3rd party should have motivated them"
>"lois did too much, she should be in the movie but her role should be superfluous"
>"not enough fake outs and dream sequences"
>"characters arent called by their name enough, should have moments where they are called by name more to remember them, like wtf is supermans moms name?"
>>
The only backlash to MoS was a select group of fanboy autists.

MoS grossed DOUBLE what Returns did. It was for all intents and purposes a very successful reboot.
>>
>>83973149
BvS made even more than MoS and even WB and DC admit it underperformed.
>>
>>83970148
The issue with BvS wasn't tone, it was that it was written like shit, had to much crap packed into it while, paradoxically, feeling empty and underdeveloped. The writing is the issue, the tone has nothign to do with it snyder, you fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>83973932
Too bad the "MUH FUN"fags are the ones who bitched the loudest.
>>
>>83974007
I am still salty we will likely not get a proper "death of superman" live action movie in a long while now because this bastard is a hack.
>>
>>83973932
>The issue with BvS wasn't tone
not the main issue but tone sure as hell was a big problem. no one wants to see a superman movie where he does nothing but frown and brood in the dark for 2.5 hours. why would you not want DC movies to be like the vast majority of DC comics?
>>
>>83970617
This movie had DC's original trio and was out done in the box office by Iron Man 3.

Think about that.
>>
>>83970617
>870 million
>250 mil production budget
>100-200 mil advertising
>studio only actually gets 50% of box office takings
a film with the 3 biggest, most well known superheroes of all time only made the studio a box office profit of 100-200 million
>>
>>83970148
>>>/tv/
>>
>>83970148
You have no one to "thank" but Snyder and WB. If they heard the fan backlash and thought the problem with the movie was the tone, then that is their stupidity.
>>
>>83970675

Guardians of the Galaxy was a big time shit too

and Iron Man of course
>>
marvel cinematic universe is trash but people who expect the dc one to be any better are delusional tardos
>>
>>83974837
but the tone was a big problem with the movie, not the main problem but a pretty fucking big one.
>>
Everything is going to follow the Disney Formula

>first act: the main character is cute and funny and quippy to make him "relatable". But at the end of the first arc something really bad happens
>second act: blablablabla the bad guy is winning blablablah
>third act: everything turns ok

Insert quips quips and more quips
>>
>>83970403
>Why the fuck did they introduce Doomsday in the last 10 minutes?
He's a very simple villain. Just a rampaging monster. You don't need a lot of buildup for this kind of threat.
>Why not have Lex kick Superman's ass if you wanted to kill him so bad?
He's eccentric evil business man right now, mad scientist power armor luthor will have to wait for next time.
>Why the fuck did they turn Batman into the fucking Punisher?
The world was attacked by aliens and he personally saw the damage of two fighting aliens did. All of the chaos broke his mind, like how 9/11 broke a lot of people, and turned him into an overly paranoid wreck of a person who's madly lashing out at the wrong target. Superman was the focus of his 9/11 PTSD.
>Why was Superman such a mopey dick all the time?
People were worshiping him like a God, and others were saying that he's Satan and needs to GTFO of the United States. People, especially Batman and Luthor, kept pushing their own insecurities onto him and it tore him up inside.
>>
>>83970469
THE ISLAND THAT THEY'RE FIGHTING ON DOESN'T HAVE PEOPLE ON IT IT'S SAFE OK AND YEAH MOST OF THE CITY IS EMPTY BECAUSE PEOPLE WENT HOME FROM WORK OR SOMETHING WHATEVER
>>
>>83974136
>why would you not want DC movies to be like the vast majority of DC comics?
>I hate new stuff and new takes on old characters!
>I only want rehashes! Thank you based Geoff for making everything the same again!
>>
>>83976852
stuff doesn't need to be 1:1 the same as the comics, but having the core of the characters be the same as the ones people have loved for 75 years isn't asking too much.
>>
>>83971125
I can't believe they pissed away a fucking BATMAN AND SUPERMAN movie

good god
>>
>>83975109
that's a pretty basic story setup
>>
>>83970148
i don't buy it. the same backlash BvS had Man of Steel had and he promised the same things. I get that they're going to add jokes but Snyder cannot pull it off. He will literally kill the entire DCEU we will never know another good DC film again and Marvel will finish phase 6 by the time warner is done licking it's wounds and ready to try again.
>>
Really can't wait for all the fanboys who said that DC was "so above jokes and is for serious people" to start backpedaling hard and trying to analyze all the jokes

Or, alternatively, we as a group can collectively realize that Snyder is a hack, stop sucking his imaginary dick and shouldn't be in this franchise ever again
>>
>>83977019
Shouldn't you have found a nice girl and settled down by then? Do you still want to be worrying about comic book movies 10 years from now?
>>
>>83971032
You're so fucking cool, do you have tumblr?
>>
>>83970148
It is literally gonna be a Zack Snyder movie no matter what happens.
This shit was doomed from the beginning and you are a fool for being optimistic.
>>
File: AMU8gaS.png (577 KB, 852x361) Image search: [Google]
AMU8gaS.png
577 KB, 852x361
>>83970551
They made a good quip without diminishing the danger of the situation.
>>
>>83970148
/co/ is ruining DC
>>
Ironic...
>>
>>83976426
That's not what he meant by "the fucking Punisher"
>>
>>83970148
Now watch me quip
Now watch me maymay
>>
>>83977265

It's okay to have jokes, MoS and BvS both had them and they worked well because they were used sparingly. Quips become a problem when they wear out their welcome like in the Avengers movies and Thor 2 where it's mainly just joke after joke after joke.
>>
>>83974837
>>83974913
There were literally no problems with the film.
>>
>>83970288
Muh secret club
>>
would still be better then what we have been getting
>>
Why couldn't Ben Affleck direct this movie? Why?
>>
>>83970148
I don't think it was just fan response. Critics and general audiences complained too.
>>
>>83979135
It's obvious that it wasn't fan response because actual fans liked it. It was just normies and idiots who complained.
>>
>>83979237
>It's obvious that it wasn't fan response because actual fans liked it. It was just normies and idiots who complained.

This post is just so pure in its blind, stupid fanboy loyalty. You're like the Baghdad Bob of DC threads.
>>
>>83979237

I'm a DC fan who regularly buys floppies, and I left the theater feeling empty.
>>
>>83974837
I'm pretty sure it's the thing people bitched about the loudest.

Even the critics were pissing and moaning that the movie was too dark and scary.
>>
>>83970583
How appropiate, since you fight like a cow

>>83970621
>>83970621
It's going to be a quippy mess
>>
File: 1421609891095.png (409 KB, 573x320) Image search: [Google]
1421609891095.png
409 KB, 573x320
>>83970148
You're welcome.
>>
>>83970148
Yay... I totally can't wait for Snyder to miss or wilfully ignore basic plot structure, how basic human emotions work, and keep going on about how comic book fans are losers yet scratch his head on why the fans don't like him.
>>
>>83976426
Thing is the issues that guy was speaking of were narrative ones. Great you have in universe logic explanations. But that doesn't make for a satisfying story.

We actually had an opportunity here for a cinematic universe with some dc comic roots. Instead we got this dour ugly mess. And I for one am disappointed. I'd love to have seen a batman finally cleverly disabling guys non lethally using crazy martial arts and gadgets.

Lex I almost liked until the end when he went full bonkers. And Fuck I hate the 'darkseid made him insane' bullshit excuse. So fucking lame to introduce a character as iconic as that and have him instantly out of character. Just like a murderous batman.

It'd be like if xmen dofp was the first xmen movie. People would be like "Why is prof x walking and has hair and is a druggie drunk who doesn't care and lives with wolf beast man?"
Sure you could use in universe logic to explain this...but hat don't mean it wouldn't be rather dumb as an opener for those characters.
>>
>>83977288
Snyder, pls. Just because you are eating so much pussy from your wife to keep being the director doesn't give you the right to act like a prick
>>
>>83978647
That wasn't a quip. It was a cheap gag.
I liked it mind you but that's like abbot and Costello level cheap gaggery
>>
>The filmmaker says he continued to love BvS in the aftermath, when people drew up petitions asking Warner Bros. to boot him from the follow-up Justice League (in theaters Nov. 17, 2017) — even as Snyder was in pre-production. “That part was a little bit distracting,” he says, calling from London after a day of filming.

>Hardest to deal with was the perception that he wasn’t being “true to canon” and didn’t adore these characters. “That was upsetting and made me evaluate myself and where I was with the movies and what I wanted to say with them."

Is he on suicide watch?
>>
File: ABED.gif (467 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
ABED.gif
467 KB, 200x200
>>83978647
>mfw gf laughed at that cheap fucking gag
>>
When I was a kid I once heard that in the past aristocrats would put children in the boxes and never let them out. As children mature, their growth is arrested by the boxes so as adults they become peculiarly shaped midgets.

Point is, when I see something like capes trying to be intelligent and mature, to grow deep and thoughtful inside a box of childish aesthetic of men in capes punching each other for great justice I think of those peculiarly shaped midgets only good to laugh at.
>>
fact of the matter is DC is fucking up
all they're doing now is trying to mitigate as much as possible so they can make the most profit as they can

they want to be different from marvel
but their formula isn't working

before: dc gave a kid hamburger and it was okay (superman - reeve, batman - keaton)
and it good, but then they added fries (superman 2, batman 2)
then they added other side dishes. maybe the kid didn't like em (superman 3, batman and robin)
then they said, look it's just superhero movies for kids, let's put a message in there, lets make it campy (superman 4, batman forever)
at this point the kid is tired of burgers with fries with all those vegetables, special sauce, etc.

marvel comes along and introduces pizza to the kid
oh shit. kid goes bonkers for it.
loves the pep pizza.
marvel gives kid more pizza. even says there's pep with bacon, pep with sausage, pep with extra pep and cheese, etc..
kid loves it.

dc comes back and says check out our new burger. it's fucking spicy, edgy with jalapenos, bacon, black bun, hell it's a patty in between to chicken breasts. and unlimited fries with extra salt.

kid just loves that pizza. he/she might try a burger, but will always go for the pizza.

oh and dc might pull that misogyny card like ghostbusters is doing in case their movie doesn't perform like they want to.
>>
>>83978806
>BvS both had them and they worked well because they were used sparingly

Did BvS have jokes? The most I remember is when Martha was like "Yeah I could tell you were a friend of my son, cause of the cape". That had the worst timing. She was about to be barbecued 3 seconds ago and no she makes a joke? What the fuck?
>>
>>83979754
Hopefully.
>>
>>83980321
Worst post I've read today. Congrats.
>>
>>83970212
Does the Ultimate Edition explain why Luthor had to use experimental bullets with his name on them?
>>
>>83976426
>He's a very simple villain. Just a rampaging monster. You don't need a lot of buildup for this kind of threat.
Snyder literally thinks the opposite of that and said as much.
>>
>>83970148
Rather a dry biscuit than another wet turd
>>
>>83981215
You're changing too many variables. Either compare dry and wet biscuits, or dry and wet turds.

Or dry biscuits & dry turds and wet biscuits & wet turds, I guess.
>>
>>83970148
We didn't need a change in tone we needed a change in storytelling why is dc so retarded rn
>>
File: welcometothefamilyson.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
welcometothefamilyson.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
>>83970148
GUYS I NEED AN ANSWER

If batman kills in this universe, why is the joker still alive?
>>
>>83981408
Basically this. The tone of BvS could have worked, if a competent person was behind it. Right now my biggest fear is JL trying to do light-hearted and ultimately being even worse
>>
>>83981519
he only started killing after the events of MoS
so the Joker was already in prison
>>
>>83981548
Sauce? I need some context.

I swear to god if bats suddenly goes back to his no kill rule after BvS
>>
>>83979703
>Great you have in universe logic explanations. But that doesn't make for a satisfying story.
You heard it here first. Logic has no place in cinema.
>>
>>83979703
>It'd be like if xmen dofp was the first xmen movie. People would be like "Why is prof x walking
>Sure you could use in universe logic to explain this...but hat don't mean it wouldn't be rather dumb as an opener for those characters.
Except First Class was basically a new beginning for the franchise and Charles could walk there too. Until the end of the story. You could almost say it was a buildup to the rest of the series. Kind of like BvS. What a shocker.
>>
>>83981613
Actually yeah that was the point of the Lex prison meeting. Bats choosing not to brand him was basically saying he had dialed it down a bit. Its kind of dumb but he at least he wont be a psychopath in The Batman.....
>>
>>83981613
The sauce is using logic. If Batman was killing before the events of MoS, then Joker would have been dead years ago. Conclusion? The events of MoS caused Batman to start killing. Why is Joker alive? Either he's been locked up or in hiding.
>>
>>83970148
It wasnt the tone you fucking hack! It was the story!

A lighter quip happy movie that has a shitty story and doesn't understand the characters is still going to suck!
>>
>>83981879
This was also explored in the prequel tie-in comics: Basically it was a combination of the Metropolis event, and Bruce losing Jason that sent him over the edge briefly. With Superman around, Batman had to hit harder, to remind criminals hes still to be feared even though hes not the big fish anymore. This wasnt conveyed well in the film unfortunately
>>
>>83970675
While this accurate I actually enjoyed both Thors. Ragnorok better be good.
>>
>>83981541
Imagine if it was lighthearted but still attempting to be artsy and still super hard to understand any of the characters
>>
>>83981962
>A lighter quip happy movie that has a shitty story and doesn't understand the characters is still going to suck!
Then explain why the MCU is doing so well.
>>
>>83982120
Cause they understand the characters in universe and tell a coherent story.
>>
>>83980321
What kind of fat fuck use McDonald foods as a metaphor? You must be the greasiest neckbeard on 4Chan. Furthermore, Batman Forever came out before Batman & Robin, you retarded faggot.
Return to >>/r9k/, where autistic friendless fatsos belong.
>>
>>83970148
ITS OKAY TO BE DARK
JUST DO IT INTELLIGENTLY
AND NOT BE A PRETENTIOUS FUCK
>>
>>83970369
>Luthor in BVS is a new character

But WHY make the movie that way? Nobody wanted that.
>>
>>83973083
Batman is basically the MoS critics
>>
>>83982796
>Things that Nolan is but Snyder is not
>>
>>83970148
Good. I don't know why people dislike the Marvel quips - it's a comic book movie. Little bits of humour are to be expected. It also makes the characters endearing.
>>
>>83982956
yes, exactly.
remember when hack snydur wanted batman to be raped? he probably wanted the shock factor and not necessarily for any purpose in building the character.
>>
>the dream sequence bullshits
>the Superman death fakeout
>the "muh Jesus Christ"
>the sperglord Luthor
>COMING SOON, THE JUSTICE LEAGUE, FEATURING THESE GUYS WHICH YOU WILL NOW SEE HERE
>MAARTHA
>shitty action sequences

Get Snyder out of this project already for fuck sake, he is so fucking terrible
>>
>>83982974
I like them but they were awful in AoU. That's really when the "marvel is nothing but quips" meme started for real because Whedon went way too overboard there. They work when there's a balance like in IM or TWS or if it's suiting the situation like GoTG or Ant-Man
>>
>>83975109
>>first act: the main character is cute and funny and quippy to make him "relatable". But at the end of the first arc something really bad happens
>>second act: blablablabla the bad guy is winning blablablah
>>third act: everything turns ok
But this is how BvS was, the happy fun part just ended faster.
>>
>>83980321
>oh and dc might pull that misogyny card like ghostbusters is doing in case their movie doesn't perform like they want to.
For Wonder Woman? Maybe. It depends on how badly Ghostbusters does. No studio will try to shame the male fanbase again if Ghostbusters lays a huge fart at the box office.
>>
>>83979287
Why though? Which characters do you like? There are good reasons to like this movie if you are a fan of Superman, Batman, and even Wonder Woman.
>>
>>83970183
You wish. It's still directed by Snyder.

Now the movies are just gonna lose their personality and continue to be sloppy messes in storytelling
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.