[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A trade that collects Mattie Franklin's story?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Spiderwomanmattie.png (104 KB, 250x367) Image search: [Google]
Spiderwomanmattie.png
104 KB, 250x367
Oddly, even though she was such a minor character all in all, the fact that she started off so upbeat and happy go lucky only for everything to fall into shit and then ending in her death somehow makes her story more compelling than a lot of A-listers to me. Enough to want a trade of her introduction in Spider-man up til her death.

Does it exist yet? If not, I don't imagine it ever will.

If it doesn't, which trades would I have to pile together to roughly follow her story? I know she is in Alias, but outside reading her appearances (and likely only a few of them) on MU I'm struggling.
>>
good luck buddy, I'm sure you can find a list of her appearances somewhere in the net.
>>
>>83969781

Thanks, looks like I'll have to do the research. I was hoping there was a trade, or someone who had already done it. I wonder if it will be financially worth it. At the least, in seperate trades, it's going to be a volume of Spider-Man, a volume where she is in the team of outcast heroes, and then the story where she dies. I don't think there is actually a trade of her short run as Spider-woman, if she even had her own floppies.
>>
>>83969923

Nah, looks like I may have to wait and see if they ever put her stuff together, because even the Loners don't have a trade. Closest thing I could do would be buy individual floppies and put them in a binder. Not impossible, but not sure I'm that invested.
>>
>>83970134
Loners definitely has a trade - I own it. It may be out of print, but you can probably find it used for cheap.
>>
>>83970134
https://www.amazon.com/Loners-Secret-Lives-Heroes-Graphic/dp/078512215X/
>>
>>83970198

Marvel =/= Cheap. I've found that their books, the moment they go out of print, tend to be gouged like shit in a way DC aren't, perhaps because they are more likely to do extra print runs or rereleases.

Thanks for letting me know, though. A quick Amazon UK search only turned up the floppies for £6/$10 each, and they can get right fucked at that price. I'll put together a list tommorow and see what i'll need to buy.
>>
>>83970364
It's like $4 dude >>83970345
>>
>>83970345

Shit, that is cheap. UK editions aren't quite so fair.

>10 Used from £8.98

Still, least it exists, and that isn't bad, coming to about the price of a new trade with P&P. I can't imagine Mattie is in many, and I already own Alias. Thanks guys, new plans moving forwards.
>>
I wonder if they will ever bother to resurrect her, given how minor a character was.
>>
Was John Byrne's run on Spider-Woman, where Mattie was the lead, ever made into trades? I see I can get the entire set rather easily on Ebay, but would prefer trades.
>>
>>83970806
No.

And this might be helpful

http://crushingkrisis.com/collecting-avengers-comic-books-as-graphic-novels-a-definitive-guide/collecting-spider-woman-comic-books-as-graphic-novels/
>>
>>83970806
Why would that ever get a trade? His runs on spidey and spider woman were awful
>>
>>83969315
>>83969781
http://cmro.travis-starnes.com/character_details.php?character=8072&page=4&list_type=2&limit=10&order_listing=1
>>
>>83969315
I think Mattie and Julia were the only ones completely absent from Spider-Verse
>>
You can get her origin and early outings in the Gathering of the Five and Next Chapter Byrne/Mackie releases
>>
>>83972842
Well, yeah. Mattie is dead and Julia was in a coma.
>>
>>83975476
And they couldn't have grabbed alternate versions of them?

They dug up the Betty and Flash who got bitten by the spider (and killed them)
>>
>>83970507

There's Dead No More, or whatever the Hell it's called now.

>>83972842

Mattie had a cameo in the crowd scenes in Spider-Verse #2.

>>83975872

Betty survived her What If? It was John Jameson (who also had a cameo in Spider-Verse #2) that died along with Flash.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.