[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /co/ feel about Sponge Out Of Water? I didn't expect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
How does /co/ feel about Sponge Out Of Water? I didn't expect much, but was pleasantly surprised when I watched it. Nothing grand or anything, but it reminded me of old Spongebob in a lot of ways and I was glad to see that it was mostly 2D animation.
>>
It was good up til the live action segments.

But Mad Max Underwater was an entertaining enough concept, and all the weird dimensional fucking about that happens afterwords is surreal enough to keep the audience's attention.
>>
>>83968573
The problem with the movie is that it lacked a strong narrative thrust like the last one did.

Individual gags were phenomenal though.
>>
File: IJLSA.jpg (99 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
IJLSA.jpg
99 KB, 1152x864
Why didn't Spongebob and company become these heroes?
>>
File: search.jpg (3 KB, 160x90) Image search: [Google]
search.jpg
3 KB, 160x90
>>83968697
>Wanna see me run to that mountain and back?
>Wanna see me do it again?
>>
A solid throwback to the original style of humor, even if not all the jokes landed. Fun to watch with other fans of classic Spongebob.
>>
>>83968787
What is this, a Quickster for ants?
>>
>>83968787
You know, make-out reef?
>>
It's amazing how alright the movie was considering.
>/co/ said for years that one day there would be a shitty 3D spongebob movie just like the Smurfs
>Turns out there is one
>nearly all footage shown was in E3
>>
>>83968629
The time travel scenes were the worst offender of this. That stuff went on for a good half hour and pretty amounted to absolutely nothing in terms of moving the plot forward. Have Spongebob and Plankton get their torn page from the magic book from their time travel shenanigans instead of it landing on top of Sandy's dome. That would've instantly solved that problem.

That's kind of the main issue with the movie overall. There's no real plot rather than it just being a series of random events tied together. I like the concept of Spongebob and Plankton teaming up but that doesn't go anywhere beyond the pointless time travel scene. Post-apocalyptic Bikini Bottom was cool but then it quickly turned back into normal Bikini Bottom until the sacrifice scene.

Hopefully the next movie ends up being better. There will likely be another one at some point because this one did very well in the box office from what I understand and kids loved it.
>>
The movie should have been called Sponge Out of Troubled Water
>>
>>83968573

I hated the first one, I loved this one.
>>
It was way better than it had any right to be. I initially watched it before going to see The Force Awakens in theaters. Of the two, I enjoyed it more.

The plot isn't as strong as the first one, but I'd say it's actually funnier, which isn't a bad trade off.
>>
>>83974496
Why'd you hate the first one?
>>
I thought it was awful because I thought the entire movie would be cgi and it was like 10 minutes of cgi and some weird stretched out episode before it. It made me wish it was more like tiny to on adventures how I spent my summer vacation
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.