[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Hank a good father?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Hank_Hill.png (48 KB, 176x389) Image search: [Google]
Hank_Hill.png
48 KB, 176x389
Is Hank a good father?
>>
Yes. Next question.
>>
>>83928409
I'd say so. He provides for his family, gives advice on life's problems and occurrences and he tries to teach his son valuable skills. He's not perfect, but who is?
>>
Better than Cotton at least.
>>
No.
>>
>>83928482
He could try to be more flexible about his son finding a hobby, or at least talk about why he doesn't like this or that.
>>
>>83928783
Like I said, he's not perfect. But he tries his best, and does a lot of good.
>>
>raised a boy that aint right
>a good father
>>
>>83928922
Hell of a lot better than Cotton.
>>
Yes. He's not perfect, he's too rigid on his beliefs and hates showing any emotion to any human being but he genuinely loves and cares his son and accepts him no matter how much his decisions make him uncomfortable.

Ironically though, Dale is probably a better father/husband.
>>
>that time Hank found out Bobbeh was doing an artsy-fartsy dog-jester routine in front of his school, and instead of just making his son come home, brought him his whoopie cushion and other props so he could salvage it
>That time he let Bobbeh drive his truck.
>That time Bobbeh got into the godawful turn-of-the-century Christian rap rock scene, and Hank explained that he didn't want him to associate his spirituality with a phase he'll probably regret in a couple years
>when Bobbeh got big into home ec, Hank almost immediately gets over his "BWAAAH BUT COOKIN'S FOR WIMMIN" kneejerk reaction and praised his son for getting good at something.
>That time he absolved Bobbeh of his white guilt so he could put on a fair for the school.

Hank was a great dad, flaws and all.
>>
>>83928957
I dunno. Cotton did raise Hank.
>>
>>83929023
>Ironically though, Dale is probably a better father/husband.
Eeeh, Dale has the opposite problems as Hank - he has no filter whatsoever in front of anybody (except the census bureau), so of course he has no problem showing his wife and son how much he loves them, but on the other hand, he's so desperate to be loved and accepted back that he doesn't discipline his kid enough.

Remember the episode where Dale encouraged Joseph to kill a panda because he was vicariously enjoying his son's peer acceptance, and then Hank and John Redcorn had to team up to save the day?
>>
>>83929176
>John Redcorn

>that episode about Redcorn gets rejected by Joseph as his father

Interesting stuff
>>
>has an SJW son

What do you think?
>>
File: 3917967428_db4ab51835_o.png (114 KB, 962x447) Image search: [Google]
3917967428_db4ab51835_o.png
114 KB, 962x447
is this what you wanted, op?
>>
>>83928409
i remember seeing a comic posted here about Bart simpson and chris griffin being a gay couple in an abusive relationship or something and bobby was some sort of guidance counselor or something helping there relationship, and both bart and chris give there reasons of being in a bad relationship because both there parents abused them.
the comic was pretty much saying hank is a good father because he never did the bad shit homer or peter did to their sons
>>
>>83929023
>>83929176
I totally Believe Dale has known Joseph is John Redcorns son ever since joseph was born.
dale has been playing dumb for years just as a revenge plot against john redcorn, slowly waiting for either nancy but mainly john to confess that joseph isn't his son, just so dale could say he's known all along, and was dale was there for joseph when john wasn't, and if john was to tell joseph that he is his real father, joseph would probably ultimately hate john redcorn.
i'd make a comic, but my art is shit
>>
>>83929240
Just because Bobby is a nice kid and isn't violent doesn't make him a sjw
>>
>>83930669
sjws are pretty violent, though
>>
>>83928409
H'yup.
Cotton was a bad father. But a hilarious character.
>>
>>83930258
So basically
>Jokes on you I was only pretending to be retarded, Shshshaw!
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.