[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
marvel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: marvel_logo.jpg (27 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
marvel_logo.jpg
27 KB, 700x500
How do we fix Marvel? Does it need to be fixed?
how would you do it /co/?
>>
>>83885440
The same way you fix DC: Magically make them have enough money and prestige to actually hire decent fucking writers again.

The britbongs were the last good ones, and that's only because they smeared a thick layer of mysticism, woo, pop science, and bullshit all over their work.
>>
>>83885440
Stop making movies
>>
They need to go bankrupt again and start over
>>
>>83885566
But DC sells less and it seems like they can afford better writers, also Disney swims in money, moreso than Warner...
>>
>>83885440
Stop making comics. Just focus on movies/bolstering animation. One has growth potential, the other either plateaus or dwindles in sales.
>>
>>83885820
The corporate Disney/WB money doesn't really affect comic cash flows like that.
>>
>>83885857
Same difference then, Marvel sells a lot more...both unit and dollar wise. Why does dc can afford the better writers then?
>>
>>83885950
You have to consider it's not cost driving things. Maybe DC just has better recruiting practices. Does Marvel have anything like the creator school shit DC has been doing?
>>
>>83885440
Kill Slott and kill Brian Michael. Leave the rest to me.
>>
>>83886174
Kill Bendis, cripple Slott from the neck down. The guy at least has ideas that other people can make actually work.
>>
>>83885440
They'll be fixed when they make the kind of comics I like. They need to drop all the tumblr pandering and make actual good action comics maybe hire some japanese people to fix their shit
>>
>>83885820
I really doubt WB or Disney give a fuck about the comics, it's all about the movies and their merchandise.
>>
Make the Marvel Universe feel big again. It feels like it's only about 20 characters now and everything is so tongue in cheek.
>>
>>83886443
>so tongue in cheek
That's the same problem I have with adventure time and other modern stuff
>>
Marvel movies are killing the comics. They want to make the universe closer to what people see in the movies and it's not quite jelling with the comic universe. Also stop letting corporate make creative decisions. They are pushing Inhumans because Fox has the X-Men.
>>
>>83885950
DC Pays more really, and from all the sexual harassment allegations, there was this poll thing that measured artists' satisfaction with their company and DC was the highest (granted that's for artists), also for some reason shit writers like Bunn write really well for DC for some reason.
>>
>>83885820
>But DC sells less and it seems like they can afford better writers.
DC tends to have better scouts for finding new talent. Also there's just some mystical shennagans with DC that causes writers to write better. If we're just talking recently, check Soule and Lemire's DC/Vertigo work and the stuff they've put out for Marvel. Hell, check Dogfucker's work and read the first issue of Green Lanterns, which was at the very least solidly entertaining.
>>
>>83886541
Except you have forgotten to mention that Inhumans has been cancelled as of 2016 and Agents of SHIELD isn't canon within the MCU. Moreover, the world building is by now far enough from that of the X-Men movies that it would retarded to attempt to shoehorn mutants into the MCU.
>>
Stop relaunching everything, fuck. And stop having an annual Spider-event, X-event, Avengers even just because of small time bump in sales.

It's be best in the longterm to have ongoings actually get to #50 and you don't have a billion Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 collections
>>
>>83886533
It's like storytelling can't be legit anymore. It has to constantly wink at the audience. Everything is just too self aware.
>>
>>83885950
>Why does dc can afford the better writers then?

There's irony in this sentence.
>>
>>83886443
>>83886533
>>83887154
You can blame the Deadpool/meme generation and the literally, truly, clinically developmentally retarded old-as-fuck writers who actually identify with those imbeciles, like Bendis.

"Hurr hurr I had the characters mention message boards, it's so funny when I do this!"

Fucking dumbasses .
>>
>>83886541

Synergy? Like giving us a female Thor and Asian Hulk?
>>
They try to pander to the movies and sjws at the same time, and it's a clusterfuck
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.