[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>scenes focusing on the mooks, and how absolutely terrifing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: 1462970970413.gif (1 MB, 499x654) Image search: [Google]
1462970970413.gif
1 MB, 499x654
>scenes focusing on the mooks, and how absolutely terrifing it is to face down heroes like batman, who're taking everyone out predator style

Tropes you always love no matter how cheesy
>>
>random mooks/low tier villains doing a run of the mill heist
>super powerful hero comes in and is like "cmon man, just give up and be a family man"
>>
File: Interesting if True.png (215 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Interesting if True.png
215 KB, 500x375
>Weird character or scene that seems to make no sense
>It was based off of something that happened to a crewmember
>>
>clip show is used as a framing device for new flashback material
>>
>the system containing the superhero begins to overload as the hero, now furious, begins to try and escape in earnest
>mooks have just enough time to realise they done goofed before they break free

I love it
>>
>characters narrate their version of events
>artstyle changes to fit their personality

Rare but I love it everytime. Special mention to Jack and the bounty hunters, where they each describe how they'll take him down and then all lose in like, 2 seconds flat at the end.
>>
>>83845493
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMd4S-LkywI
>>
>>83845619
Fucking this. Great taste.
>>
I want one where a criminal is working for one of Batman's enemies and he's just looking for a place to jack off but he has to keep running away from Batman so he can masturbate.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>83846083
And then what?
>>
>>83846213
His boss jerks him off for him while keeping a lookout for Batman.
>>
>nice and/or jokey character
>something bad happens to somebody they love
>they become terrifyingly silent, dealing out vicious beatings to petrified mooks

That will never not be awesome to me
>>
>character is running from another character
>character throes something improbable, like a shoe, or a briefcase
>long slow arc
>hits the running guy right on the head, absolutely perfectly, knocking them out
>>
>>83845493
>>
>characters doing something behind everyone
>only see them every so often
>they were having their own little adventure in the background

>All the heroes and villains split off into pairs to fight
>weakest villain somehow placed against strongest hero
>just chills for a bit
OR
Same premise
>Hero and villain are dating so they just fake it and go with whoever wins the most of their team
>>
>>83845557
>the stormtroopers show up in some random village to cause trouble
>they are actually menacing, presented as this unstopable, unlimited, efficient army
>individually they are smart and make thoughtful desitions when scouting an area
>>
>running gag becomes key plotpoint
old man mcgucket is the only example that comes to mind
>>
Can't really think of any existing examples (at least /co/ related, maybe the immortals from Highlander when on holy ground) but I'd love to see:
>hero and villain actually cool with each other, or at least civil and respectful when they're not actually fighting
>maybe go drinking together or some shit
>>
>>83848313
Something kind of like https://youtu.be/lJq2PAI-Fxc but less "give me info and turn yourself in."
>>
>>83847371
fucking kek
>>
File: 1448571080277.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1448571080277.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>83845493
>hero is beaten down by a superlatively powerful foe
>just as it looks the worst, the hero gets back up, barely standing straight
>he gives a speech about being good for the sake of goodness, otherwise there's nothing else to consider worth fighting for
>electric guitar starts playing as he goes to tackle the villain one last time before dying, or being saved at the last minute, but still becoming the moral victor

It always makes my hair stand on end from the sheer force of it.
Best example, even if it's not western, is the Justice Rider theme from One Punch-Man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFNiI5t0Ueo
>>
>>83845619
One of my all time favorite episodes pure kino.
>>
File: 1453618843119.png (314 KB, 640x275) Image search: [Google]
1453618843119.png
314 KB, 640x275
>>83845493
>Theme Tune is reprised with orchestra/rock for an epic battle
>>
>>83848313
The Klingons do that during their civil war in TNG
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.