[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Characters who get a lot of shilling (meaning, characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Mandy.png (23 KB, 310x400) Image search: [Google]
Mandy.png
23 KB, 310x400
ITT: Characters who get a lot of shilling (meaning, characters who would often get unwarranted praise by the story and other characters).
>>
>I like her because she is brown, and /fit/ and can beat me up and I wanna lick her feet and armpits

Literally every fucking Korra defender ever
>>
>>83839857
Couldn't you have expressed that without blatantly misusing retarded memes, thus making the clarification totally unnecessary since it would then be the main content of the post?

Also, I agree she was shilled pretty hard.
>>
>>83839857
Mandy and Gaz from Invader Zim are massively overrated and were the worst part of the episode at least half the time they were on screen.
>>
Two words:
Mabel.
Fucking.
Pines.
>>
>>83839996
Shill means "A person who pretends to be impartial but is actually on payroll from what he supports". Technically speaking every fictional character who is meant to be agreeable is a shill because it's author pretends someone else is making an argument.

I don't think Mandy got any praise though. She's evil and is feared and hated, that's the joke.
>>
>>83840642
I thought we were talking the fans, because >>83839888. But yeah if it's story then I dont think Many counts. Gaz though, even harder.

>>83840578
Dont forget Wendy.
>>
>>83840642
I think OP means the show has Mandy always win, always be in the right, and always be superior to every other character.
>>
>>83840780
Wendy is bland, but she's OK
>>
>>83839888
Korra was a good character. Inbetween the season finale of season 3 and the first 2 episodes of season 4.
baisically while she was a cripple
Baisically I have a brown girl cripple fetish.
>>
Anais and every other "baby genius" character.
>>
File: 1465991338110.gif (451 KB, 392x410) Image search: [Google]
1465991338110.gif
451 KB, 392x410
>>83839888

Fucking this

Every season of Korra is about her completely forfeiting the wisdom she gained in the previous season, get cocky and impatient again and fucking everything up, the worst part is that it contrasts too much with Aang who was pretty wise for his age
>>
>>83842219

Anais always has her shit thrown back at her tho, since she always tries to apply her superior intellect toward a world that refuses to make sense
>>
>>83843994
>it contrasts too much with Aang who was pretty wise for his age

Not defending Korra here because outside of the middle of season 1, two episodes from season 2, the start of season 4 and almost all of season 3 the show was absolute shit but there is a reason for why she wasn't that wise. She was a brute and pretty much Aang's total opposite, everything came crazy easy for her but she didn't have the maturity or smarts to do much with it.

It could've been a compelling character, I mean, Japanese shonen characters have been almost exactly that in entire stories and they haven't sucked too bad but they fucked it up because they didn't have half the talent they had working on ATLA working on TLOK
>>
>>83844126

I understand that she's supposed to be hot blooded but it makes it especially annoying that they perpetuate the stereotype that those kind of characters are uncapable of ever growing up, every time it looked like she would get a fucking hint and learn to think before acting she regressed back to the #groanzone to wallow in her teenage wangst
>>
>>83840824
Mandy is not always right. She's the villain. She always wins because it's this kind of show, but she's not right.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.