[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Detective Comics #935 preview
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 17
File: DTC_Cv935_ds.jpg (380 KB, 780x1200) Image search: [Google]
DTC_Cv935_ds.jpg
380 KB, 780x1200
http://www.newsarama.com/29757-detective-comics-introduces-the-dange-umm-batman-s-new-mud-room.html
>>
File: DTC_Cv935_open_order_var.jpg (196 KB, 780x1200) Image search: [Google]
DTC_Cv935_open_order_var.jpg
196 KB, 780x1200
>>
File: DTC_935_1.jpg (323 KB, 781x1200) Image search: [Google]
DTC_935_1.jpg
323 KB, 781x1200
>>
File: DTC_935_2-3.jpg (738 KB, 1561x1200) Image search: [Google]
DTC_935_2-3.jpg
738 KB, 1561x1200
>>
File: DTC_935_4.jpg (351 KB, 781x1200) Image search: [Google]
DTC_935_4.jpg
351 KB, 781x1200
>>
tynion's first issue was really good and this looks solid
he said in an interview that this is kind of a batwoman arc, next will be a spoiler arc, and the third arc is a cassie arc
>>
File: DTC_935_5.jpg (297 KB, 781x1200) Image search: [Google]
DTC_935_5.jpg
297 KB, 781x1200
>>
>>83837816
>>83837826
How good of a fighter is Nu52 Cass?
>>
>>83837934
Also how much can she speak at this point?
>>
Also as a bonus, here's a Tynion interview about the series

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/james-tynion-iv-talks-detective-comics-a-new-base-/1100-155671/

>First question: Who is the big threat against Batman and the others?
>Well, we are introducing a new group in the DCU, an organization that is called Colony, and in our second issue we're going to start learning a bit more about this group. It is a huge militarized army of Batmen. We're going to see, as the story develops, that this is an organization that was built on the same model as Batman. When Batman first got started it was like the entire world would have taken notice that one man in a costume was able to do what an entire army could not. In the current continuity going back to Zero Year, terrorists had taken over an entire city, and it came down to Batman to stop it. So we are seeing a new organization called the Colony that is meant to take that concept and multiply it to an army of one-man armies. We're going to see what exactly pits them head-to-head with our core group in Detective as the story moves forward.

>How much of struggle is it for Batman to admit that he needs help from Batwoman and Tim [Drake]?
>That's a really good question, and it's one I sort of sat with a lot. Batman is such a singular force, and he does close himself off. He does hold certain amounts of information and all that, but at the same time he's never struck me as selfish. It doesn't come from the same place of pride when he holds information from a group; it comes from a desire to protect people. He wants to bear the weight of it himself so other people don't have to bear the weight, but when he's not capable of something, I do think he is willing to reach out and ask for help. Particularly in his group. I think he would rather go to Nightwing or Batwoman or Tim, the people he's worked with in the direct family, before he would go to one of the other members of the Justice League, but he is willing to reach out.
>>
>>83837934
>>83837959

However good the writer wants her to be, and how ever many words the writer needs her to speak.
>>
File: Tec.jpg (416 KB, 950x1443) Image search: [Google]
Tec.jpg
416 KB, 950x1443
>>83837994
>That was a big thing that I actually spoke about with Geoff Johns right at the beginning of the development of this project. Everyone always says that Batman's a lone wolf, but literally two years into the creation of Batman they introduced Robin. Ever since then he has had a huge supporting cast all around him. One of the big decisions, right at the start of this book, was making sure that we weren't going down the path of, "This is Batman resisting the idea of having allies." We wanted Batman to be all-in because he knows it is the best way to face what's coming. He is a pragmatist. He does see the landscape. He is overprotective of his people. He wants them to be the best prepared, and he's willing to go to extreme lengths to do that, but he is not someone who's just going to be closed off for no reason.

>Where are they going to be operating and training, since obviously it's not going to be in the Batcave?
>Basically I really wanted to create ... It's a real team base. Obviously, you can't have Clayface go into the Batcave. Batman's letting Clayface in, bringing him in as part of the training, but he's also not going to just let him go into the basement of Wayne Manor. That's another step.
>So we knew we wanted to create something new and, honestly, that was one of the first ideas. I had a whole three-page document that I sent my editors and my artists about, "This is the Belfry. This is the new Gotham base." Frankly, I hope that this is a new location in Gotham that will be one of the defining locations of Gotham City for the next era of Batman comics. It will be very central to this book. This is the core base of operations, designed by Tim Drake and Batman, for the operations group. It's got lots of weird little surprises. Batman's very utilitarian, but this is designed by Tim, who has a bit more of a flair to him. Every issue from here on out is going to show off a different aspect of how they fight crime using the Belfry in Gotham.
>>
File: Belfry.jpg (450 KB, 950x1443) Image search: [Google]
Belfry.jpg
450 KB, 950x1443
>>83838035
>You mentioned Clayface. Is that's something that we'll see, like, "How much can they trust him?" Is that something that they're going to be working with him on?
>Oh, yeah. I mean, that's the biggest question. Honestly, I think the question isn't so much, "Is he trustworthy?" now. I think you can take Clayface at his words, that he is there for the reasons he says he's there. The thing is that what we know from his past is that on the worst day of his life, when he went through a horrifying accident that turned him into a monster, he allowed the darkness in him to steer him towards a darker path, or an easier path. The fact that he skewed that way, in that moment, is the thing that... Batman believes that he can do better, and he hopes he can but he might not. He might just be the sort of person who will always take the easy way out, and that's something we're going to see play out as we dig into his story moving forward.

>What about Tim and Stephanie? Are we're going to see their relationship go further?
>Oh, yes. Honestly, one of the big things in this book is I wanted to really dig back into the core relationship between Tim and Steph because that was how I met Stephanie Brown. That's how I fell in love with that character, back in the [Chuck] Dixon Robin series in the '90s. That's where I fell in love with both of those characters, so this is my digging back into the Steph that I really fell in love with as a character. With Batman Eternal, we were able to really introduce her back into the mix, into DC continuity. There really haven't been a lot of big stories with her. She's had small appearances here and there, and those all contribute to the larger picture. One of my primary focuses in this book is giving Steph her place in the larger mythos of Gotham City.
>>
File: Tec2.jpg (479 KB, 950x1443) Image search: [Google]
Tec2.jpg
479 KB, 950x1443
>>83838067
>I don't mean to say that as her place is as a partner to Tim Drake, because it's a bigger issue than that. That's not what my goal is at all, but there are things that come out of that relationship, especially at the end of this arc, that really set her in motion. Our second arc, which will start this fall, is going to be a very Spoiler-centric arc. I am very, very excited for that. We have a huge, huge plan for Stephanie Brown, and then also huge plans for Tim Drake in this series. Everyone's just going to have to wait and see what they are.

>Are we're going to see others get trained? Where's Harper Row in all this?
>You see a little mention of her. At the end of Batman and Robin Eternal, Harper Row sort of said she's taking some time off. She will appear in this book. I've actually already blocked in exactly where her first appearance is in this book, but for the moment the role she's going to play in the series is someone who's stepped away from the crime fighting life, who's still in a very active role and helping people in Gotham City but in her own way.
>Harper Row has always been a character who has found her own way to do things, and this is sort of the next step in her story. Harper Row is one of my favorite characters that I've ever had the chance to work on. Fans of the character: "No need to worry, she is a part of that's book moving forward." Even though she is not one of the main cast members, she will be part of the recurring cast.
>>
>>83837871
Mud Room, I was confused for a second.
>>
This book looks like straight ASS!
>>
>>83837959
She easily beat Dick, and I don't think she's strung two words together yet. Definitely no more than that.
>>
>>83837816
who the hell is that in the second panel? clayface?
>>
>>83838257
yup, guess those gauntlets are to inhibit his powers while active
>>
>>83837871
>excess clayface matreial

I-is it clayface's semen? Does clayface ejaculate part of himself?
>>
>>83838097
>Harper is back

THANKS!
>>
>>83838277
I think it's the opposite. I think they're giving him a power boost so he can power the army of Jokers.
>>
>>83838305
>Harper is back
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
>>83838097
>Fans of the character: "No need to worry"
yay
>>
>>83838305
I really don't mind as long as she's not another crime fighter.
Maybe she's like an inside man for Batman, an electrician can be useful.

And more importantly, maybe we'll see her qt brother again.
>>
>>83838305
>>83838360
>>83838372

What's the deal with Harper exactly? I thought she was just some chick who was smart and made gadgets with minimal fighting skills but i read that she's apparently batmans IDEAL robin? Like what the fuck?
>>
>>83838387

Harper and Duke were Batman's dream partners. The perfect partners that he always wished he could have at his side.
>>
>>83838067
>Oh, yes. Honestly, one of the big things in this book is I wanted to really dig back into the core relationship between Tim and Steph because that was how I met Stephanie Brown. That's how I fell in love with that character, back in the [Chuck] Dixon Robin series in the '90s. That's where I fell in love with both of those characters, so this is my digging back into the Steph that I really fell in love with as a character.
It's pretty funny seeing him give himself fanservice. It's not Johns-level, but it's still really blatant.
>>
>>83838387
In Batman & Robin Eternal, the villain was Mother, who would kidnap and brainwash kids.
Batman struck a deal with her under the pretense of wanting a more perfect Robin as a way of getting close enough to take her down, and before he could do anything about that, she'd sent Cass to kill Harper's parents as a way of recreating Batman's origins.
Cass only got as far as killing Harper and Cullen's mother, I forget why. I think it was conscience?

It was stupid, and hopefully she'll fade into irrelevancy soon.
>>
>>83837871
The mud room is actually a clever idea. It's taking Clayface's powers to the extremes, but that's obviously how you'd train someone like that.
>>
>>83838528
?
>>
>>83837871
I still always read this in Ron Perlman's voice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgWBvRmP1bc
>>
>>83838836
Snyder's an OCfag that wants his new character to be the most important sidekick Batman's ever had.
I'll give him this- he's good about introducing them before they're relevant.
>>
>>83838836

I'm not digging for them. Too lazy.

Harper's page is from B&RE. Batman says she's everything he would have wanted in a partner, that he should adopt her and Cullen because her mothers death was entirely his fault, but decided to let her rot with her abusive father in the slums.

I forget where Duke's page is but he says something like "You were my first pick"

I don't even really hate Duke but fuck if that didn't feel like a slap in the face.
>>
>>83838528
What makes them so special? Granted nobody can build stuff like Harper but that's pretty much all she has as far as i see it.....and Dukes just there. I get that Jason and Damian had anger management issues but what was wrong with Dick and Tim?
>>
>>83839111
they are respectful, follow orders and don't whine about Batman ruining their lives every day
>>
>>83839111
>but what was wrong with Dick and Tim?
They weren't created by Snyder.
>>
File: 2sagmme.jpg (274 KB, 1033x1600) Image search: [Google]
2sagmme.jpg
274 KB, 1033x1600
>>83838035
Cass is cute as fuck.
Hope she has her scars.

Barrows art is fucking fantastic.
Very pleased with this book so far.
>>
>>83838556
Whats wrong with that?
>>
>>83838372
>Cullen joins the Batfamily and takes on the name Swallow
>>
>>83839244

Nothing in my opinion.

I want to see this triangle get back on track.
>>
>>83839244
It depends on how far he takes it.
If he can control himself, it can be really nice, if not, it could be Bendis levels of self insertion and waifufaggoty.
>>
File: 12.jpg (88 KB, 500x441) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
88 KB, 500x441
>>83838372
>maybe we'll see her qt brother again.

All she's fucking good for.
>>
>>83837934
>How good of a fighter is Nu52 Cass?
Bruce said in the first issue that she could be the best of all of us or be the worst opponent we could ever face.
>>
>>83839299
I've been wanting him to become Alfred's apprentice, since he doesn't have any sons we know of and his daughter's not about to do that shit.
He could wear a tux and be cute as fuck and slide down the Bat-pole and make Fredric Wertham right.
Swallow could be his call sign since Penny-two doesn't exactly fit.
>>
>>83838983
>I forget where Duke's page is but he says something like "You were my first pick"
Wow it didn't take that long for the story to go downhill and the writing to suck. Good job dc
>>
>>83839177
>They weren't created by Snyder.
Keep Snyder.away from Batman.
Snyder.- =.bendis
>>
>>83839356
>or be the worst opponent we could ever face.
Does Shiva no longer exist?
>>
>>83839449

It was Snyder not King. Duke in general is Snyder. King even said recently he isn't doing much with Duke. Duke will be a big part of Snyder's ASB.

>>83839534

Oh anon. I'm sorry but she's fucked.

She's really, really fucked.
>>
File: HAHA-GIF.gif (543 KB, 480x228) Image search: [Google]
HAHA-GIF.gif
543 KB, 480x228
>>83839171
pls . Snyder.
>>
>>83838983
So when is the REAL Batman coming back ??
where the hell is he?
>>
>>83840070

Bruce? He's been back. Since Issue 50.
>>
>>83839171
The butthurt of Snyderfrags in the comment section never ceases to amaze me.
>>
>>83840131
It's hilarious (and pathetic) desu.
>>
>>83839111
Harper's psych profile convinced Bruce that she'd be a suitable canvas to build the 'perfect partner' on
>>
>>83837849
>>83837871
How old is supposed Tim to be now?
>>
>>83840276

He was accepted into college last issue so probably still 17-18.
>>
>>83837816
>those cluster of skyscrapers in a hellish landscape
Hellmachine is back.
>Spoiler eyes look directly towards the reader
Lord Broken or Intellectron?
>>83837826
>Swarming mass of villains
Demogorgun too
>>83837849
>that broken tower in the windows/panel is another darker tower shadow
Now that's Lord Broken

Looks like The Gentry will be reoccurring in this series.
>>
>>83838067
what is the significance of the bell?
>>
>>83840070
he's the one who convinced Kate to put the younglings through boot camp. He has an inkling of ManHat and Empty Hand's presence and is in a hurry to bring everyone up to his level so he has allies he can truly count on without having to hold their hand
>>
>>83840271
that seems...really sinister somehow. With Dick and Jason he trained them because he saw they'd get into trouble with or without him, Tim thrust himself upon him and Damien was thrust upon him.

it's a little too ASBAR for me
>>
>>83841079
It's a Belfry full of Bats.
>>
>>83840276
18, but with the stolen decade he's 'supposed' to be 28
>>
>>83841079
Hunchback of Notra Dame reference with Clayface as the hideous Quasimodo.
>>
>>83837779
>>83838035
Already posted but was archived: >>83823032
>>
>>83841216
huh, that works.
>>
>>83841079
"Bats in the belfry"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belfry_(architecture)
>>
>>83840919
>Spoiler eyes look directly towards the reader
And in the last issue Basil in the movie looks directly at the reader in a scene where he looks directly at the audience. We've got a reoccurring theme going.
>>
>>83841264
Now if only there was a gypsy and a priest.
>>
>>83841373
Isn't Harper a gypsy?
>>
File: Azrael.jpg (267 KB, 790x1200) Image search: [Google]
Azrael.jpg
267 KB, 790x1200
>>83841373
>and a priest.
Uhhh
>>
>>83841642

He's in a solicit later down the road.

Jean-Paul is back motherfuckers!

All ten of you asking for his glorious return better be celebrating.

I know Joey Q and I will be celebrating that's for sure.
>>
>>83841406
Nah not really.
>>83841642
This guy though fits well as a priest. Even has the kill herecy angle.
>>
>>83841406
Dick has some Romani.
>>
>>83841768
Dick ain't here.
>>
>>83841642
>>83841732
>Even has the kill herecy angle.

Yeah this might as well be JPV's theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3NoDEu7kpg
>>
>>83837779

>Tynion
>Batwoman
>Spoiler
>Tim

Wow I don't care for any of these things. Nu-Cass sadly isn't enough to get me to buy this book, as she'll probably just act as a support character for Spoiler again.
>>
>>83841862

Nu-Cass was a support character for Harper, who is bumped down to recurring and won't be a hero for the near future.

She barely interacted with Spoiler.
>>
>>83840919
god damn morrison fags are annoying. shitting up every thread with his shitty meta villains
>>
>>83842053
You were actually enjoying this shit comic? You've got a serious case of shit taste, and probably should rethink the authors you like and hate.
>>
>>83842100
>probably should rethink the authors you like and hate.

>Deciding whether you like something by who wrote it instead of the story itself
>>
>>83842100
it's better than
>lol meta villains
>>
>>83842122
>Deciding whether you like something by who wrote it instead of the story itself
>Morrisonfags
>>
>>83842196

B-But who cares if the two main issues of Multiversity are a poorly paced mess!

Morrison wrote it! That makes it good!
>>
>>83842122
>>83842157
>defending Tynion
kek. I thought bait was to vet people angry not give an enjoyable laugh.
>>
>>83842250

Every writer can have a good or a bad story.

Even Bendis has his good days.
>>
>>83842237
>>83842196
Either samefag or two idiots arguing with each other without realizing they're on the same side.
>>
>>83838909
>Snyder's an OCfag that wants his new character to be the most important sidekick Batman's ever had.
Nice try. Harper was supposed to be Cass. Blame editorial for not letting him use Cass and having to create Harper.
>>
>>83838699
Mother knew Batman is Bruce and his origin? wtf
>>
>>83842300
Bendis does not have any good comics. Just comics about characters you don't care about ruining.
>>
>>83842329
Most international secret organization villains tend to figure that out.
>>
>>83842237
>B-But who cares if the two main issues of Multiversity are a poorly paced mess!
lol wut
>>
>>83842567
He is either a Tynion fag trying to put his author over Morrison or much more likely a troll trying to false flag and get Tynion and Morrison fans fighting.
>>
>>83842310
One of those anons, not the other. It's pretty clear we're both sarcastically making fun of >>83842100

I generally hate Tynion, but what we've seen so far in 'Tec is pretty good and saying it's shit because you don't like the writer is retarded.
>>
>>83837826
So much Jokers to rape. Where is Gordon ?!?
>>
>>83842685
>we are shitting on Morrison to make fun of this post that made no mention of Morrison
Uh huh. Sure. So it was two idiots then?
>>
File: fanfavorite.jpg (42 KB, 432x364) Image search: [Google]
fanfavorite.jpg
42 KB, 432x364
>>83839111
>>83840271
>>83841176
>>
File: 1456284530129.gif (966 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
1456284530129.gif
966 KB, 500x338
>>83842770
>No mention of Morrison
>original anon was ranting about Morrison's meta characters being in the comic

???
>>
>>83842852
Now you're just projecting.
>>
>>83843123

>>83840919
>>
>>83842806
>I feel sick deep in my soul
No one does backhanded compliments quite like Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>83843201
Oh so now you're changing your story from making fun of the guy shitting on the comic to making fun of the guy gushing over the comic. Backpedaling retard.
>>
>>83837849

Why the fuck did DC ever create Tim "Mary Sue" Drake?

He's fucking lame, and he sucks, and I want the Joker to beat him up with a crowbar. But instead of giving him a quick death like Jason I want him to be fucked to death by Harley Quinn wearing that strapon from Se7en.

Then I want Ra's to put him in a Lazarus Pit and have Two Face hold a gun to sensitive and painful parts of his body; tossing a coin about whether he blows them off or not.

Then have Ra's put him in another Lazarus Pit.

Then feed him to Killer Croc. Have killer Croc shit him out and have Poison Ivy use him as fertilizer.

Then I want the Justice League to get Zatanna to mind wipe Batman's memory of him ala Identity Crisis so we just never have to worry about his redundant character ever again.

Tim Drake is the worst thing to come out of 90s comics. Prove me wrong
>>
>>83844506
>Why the fuck did DC ever create Tim "Mary Sue" Drake
because everyone was sick of post-crowbaring grimderp Batman, so they invented Tim as a happy person to pull him out of that funk
>>
>>83844535

It completely ruins the cost of Jason's death.

Plus, why can't Dick and Bruce just hang out and team up as Batman and Nightwing? There's no child endangerment that way.

Fuck Tim Drake. People fucking voted to have Robin killed, they should accept that decision and roll with it.

Also, there is literally zero pathos to Tim Drake. He's a smart rich kid with living parents and zero fucking reason to want to be Robin other than fanboyism.

He's one of the most blatant Mary Sues in fiction and he's still fucking around even after they added in Damien and there became zero fucking reason for Tim to exist.

Why did he continue to exist post Flashpoint they should have gotten rid of them then. Also, since Flashpoint they don't know what to do with that useless Mary Sue.

Just kill him DC.

If you do it the way I ask I'll be super happy.

But I don't mind how he dies as long as he's dead.
>>
>>83844599
I think this was the period (one of them anyway) when they were really invested in growing Dick as a character away from Bruce, so they invented Tim to fill the void.
>>
>>83844690

Fine. Then give Bruce a girlfriend for a little while.
>>
File: No_context_needed.jpg (64 KB, 320x642) Image search: [Google]
No_context_needed.jpg
64 KB, 320x642
>>83844771
Implying that isn't the primary role of every Robin anyway.
>>
>>83842806
Jesus Christ Bruce.
>>
>>83842806
Sorry, Batman: Damian Outgrows the Robin Costume -
>>
File: batman-leather-thong.jpg (22 KB, 267x322) Image search: [Google]
batman-leather-thong.jpg
22 KB, 267x322
>>83844802
>>
>>83844940
?
>>
>>83844979
!
>>
>>83840131
Which comment section?
>>
>>83839348
Cullen is the gift that keeps on giving. He almost saved B&RE at the end.
>>
>>83839534
Shiva is a sad joke in this universe. She won against Dick and lost to Jason (two shoted in an issue by Tynion), Rose (shot in da ass by Harley), and lost to the Secret Six (which was her better showing).
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.