[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which comic book company is most likely to publish from someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1774075_orig.jpg (63 KB, 476x365) Image search: [Google]
1774075_orig.jpg
63 KB, 476x365
Which comic book company is most likely to publish from someone without prior experience?
>>
Oni or Dark Horse maybe?
>>
>>83835677
Dark Horse possibly. Definitely not Marvel or DC. Marvel might be more willing to hire an inexperienced artist though if that counts.
>>
>>83835677
You gotta have at least some experience. Make a few comics of your own. If you tell one of these publishers "I've literally never done this before," I doubt they will want to give you any work. You have to impress them
>>
>>83835677
Dynamite.

They hire artists straight out of school so they won't realize what awful deals they're agreeing too
>>
Comixology seems to have the lowest standards
>>
What the hell does X Comics publish?
Also, isn't Cartoon Books just Jeff Smith's own stuff? Does he publish anything other than his own works?
>>
>>83836174
I'm not surprised but I am disappointed.
Dynamite is such a lovably trashy company, the way they do things like print a Dorian Gray comic book and then make it crossover with Vampirella.
but I'd like to think they don't have to exploit their artists to cultivate that sort of charm.
>>
>>83836260
That's Comixology, and they're more of a platform for selling digital comics.
>>
>>83836258
Because comiXology Submit exists.

>>83836342
They have licensed so may older franchises so they shat out a new mini using a license, one at a time, every year.
>>
Go straight to Comixology

Their Submit program is for that kind of stuff.
>>
Probably Oni or Dynamite, maybe Dark Horse. I heard Black Mask is all about publishing new talent though so maybe try them. What fuck is that company with the serpents around the queen logo?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.