[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Capes vs. Zombies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1280
Hey there /co/

So I've never read the Marvel Zombies series so I'm not sure if this question was addressed there but which Super Hero/villain do you think is best suited to survive the Zombie apocalypse?

Who's best for Marvel?

Who's best for DC?

And what would be the best 5-man team if they had to survive all the other zombified heroes/villains of their respective universes?

I think my pick for Marvle would be Kitty, but maybe we should exclude people like her and Martian Manhunter?
>>
Batgod
Batman
Prepgodbat
Batfamily
>>
>Machine Man
>Howard the Duck
>Dun Dun Dugan.
>Blade
>Swamp-Thing
>Wolf Man

They were literally trained to specialize in zombie outbreaks. Don't fuck with the duck.
>>
>>83830814
Don't you think that would get in the way of his no killing moral code?
>>
>>83830930
They're already dead. Unless we go into "infected" route, then Batman just stays in his bunker, trying to make a cure, eventually going crazy and being a threat to other survivors.
>>
Dr. Doom

Always Dr. Doom
>>
>>83830973
That sounds like the most likely Batman scenario
>>
Machine Man kicked a lot of ass in volume 3.
>>
File: God Eater.jpg (927 KB, 2048x1578) Image search: [Google]
God Eater.jpg
927 KB, 2048x1578
>>83830708
well 5 superheroes ended up eating galactus and becoming gods so you should have read the comic directly answering your questions
>>
>>83830973
He probably ends up like Pym and does the same thing to Mr. Terrific.
>>
>>83831211
That's.... Really fucking awesome. I'm not sure how I feel about Zombies with speech capabilities
>>
>>83831277
It's explained. seriously dude. it's pretty awesome, you should read it. really filled that hole in me that loves decay
>>
>>83831277

Marvel Zombies has its good bits, but over all it wasn't the best thing out there.
>>
>>83830708
Blackest Night probably qualifies as a zombie apocalypse scenario.
>>
File: EX1.jpg (552 KB, 1600x1234) Image search: [Google]
EX1.jpg
552 KB, 1600x1234
>>83830708
Not related to Marvel or DC, but I love this series and recommend it to anyone who wants to read a Capes vs Zombies scenario.
>>
>>83831525
Looks cool anon, thanks for the suggestion
>>
>>83831402
I do like how few shits they gave about the zombies universe and just ran with it no matter how weird it got, like Ash vs Marvel Zombies where Ash summons the Deadites to fight the zombies. Still feels a bit BS that the Deadites lost but what the heck it was never going to happen. It was Marvel's universe so homefield advantage plus Marvel has it's own demonic entities and magic it deals with on a regular basis plus deadites have been routinely defeated by a human with a chainsaw hand. The most superhuman thing about Ash is his glorious chin.
>>
>>83830708
>So I've never read the Marvel Zombies series so I'm not sure if this question was addressed there but which Super Hero/villain do you think is best suited to survive the Zombie apocalypse?

Bat dude and Super hombre

Superman because he doesn't eat and

>lol heat vision from space

And Batman because he's friends with Superman and already has a mad zombie proof bunker
>>
>>83831589
>Super hombrè

You know I didn't even consider that even if the zombies caught up with him, their teeth couldn't penetrate his skin. Unless theirs a tooth based meta? Do you think King Shark could bite through Super Skin?
>>
>>83830708
Assuming we are going with their MCU counterparts, Bucky and Steve are the best bets to have immunity granted to them against a zombie outbreak through the super serum (both the American and Soviet/HYDRA versions).
>>
>>83831705

If it's a pathogenic zombie then it won't affect him no matter what, since human diseases don't really affect him and his cousin/kids/relatives.

If it's a satanic hellverse zombie (i.e. the dead come back, period, no infections, no fluids, no nothing, they come back) then if he somehow dies, he becomes a zombie. With heat vision.
>>
>>83831778
Well let's say that the virus/disease/whatever affects all humanoids. Is there any meta-zombie who could bite him hard enough?
>>
Didn't we do this with Blackest Night?
>>
>>83831886

Yeah there's tons, the hard part isn't breaking his skin, the hard part is reaching him and then deploying the pathogen

It would have to be someone Flash or Superman tier in the first place (AND capable of using their powers as intelligently as when they were alive) because anyone else is just going to get nuked from orbit
>>
>>83831939
I'm going to take some liberties and create a scenario where in makes Supes an easier target. Superman is alone and realizes he can't just watch all these people suffer anymore, so he begins killing them. All this death and destruction really gets to him and he becomes very violent. He decides he wants to smoosh some heads with his bare hands and shit, so he gets down to the ground and commences the hands on carnage. So who eventually bites through his super skin?
>>
>>83830708
Gotham regularly does anti-Zombie outbreak drills because they know the place is that shitty.
>>
>>83832670
Zombies probably avoid Gotham. Shit ain't worth it.
>>
>>83832474
>He decides he wants to smoosh some heads with his bare hands and shit, so he gets down to the ground and commences the hands on carnage.

You answered your own question there, Assuming the pathogen can infect supes, the moment he starts squishing things with his hands hes doomed, it's just a matter of time for a bit of flesh/brains/blood to land on his mouth/eyes/nose
>>
>>83833006
>Nah, man. Grundy told me about this place. Let's go to Bigville again.
>>
>>83833346
Walking dead rules, you need to be bitten. You had said their are tons of them that can pierce his skin
>>
>>83834066

No, I said that. You're talking to a totally different guy.

As to who eventually bites through his skin, probably Cheetah. She's the fastest and most magical.
>>
>>83834121
Good call
>>
>>83830973
I'd put money on something like the "Knightmare" scene from BvS, but with less killing. Or maybe the new Batman Beyond
>>
Is there someone who would be weak enough to get bit/infected by a zombie, but strong enough to bite Superman and infect him?
>>
>>83834066
Walking dead rules are you need to die because everyone's already infected.

Biting just kills you faster cause of sepsis.
>>
>>83835858
Deadman
>>
>>83835858
Shazam would be a believable scenario.
>>
It would have to be a kyroptonite zombie virus. superman can't even catch aids
>>
>>83836233
Could just be magic
>>
>>83831211
Who ate the space dong
>>
>>83830708
zombies
>>
Considering Superman started the whole Marvel Zombies thing, I'd say he can definitely be infected.
>>
>>83831525
You have no idea how I hatwd St. John.
>>
>>83839393
nigga wat
>>
>>83831211
How the fuck did they even bite Luke Cage?
>>
>>83839794
It was revealed that an alternate universe Sentry started the zombie plague. This Sentry looked a lot different than the 'regular' Sentry. He had short hair and a spitcurl, plus his costume looked more like a certain super powered individual from the Distinguished Competition. It was a tongue in cheek poke at DC, having Supes be the start of all the mess.
The editors decided at the last minute not to go with it, and had some of the minor details of the costume changed to resemble the Sentry we all know (Adding a collar, the wrestling belt, etc) and was colored accordingly. However, the hair, the trunks, etc stayed the same as the original.
The other element, was the shape of the hole in the chest area of the suit. A roughly familiar diamond shape.
>>
File: Zombie Superman.jpg (191 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Zombie Superman.jpg
191 KB, 1024x768
Here's a 'shooped version of the same picture restoring the colors, and the design to what it was before it was changed.
>>
>>83840856
Why is Superman the cause of evil in every elseworld?
>>
>>83831277
They only keep their mental faculties if they are constantly eating brains.
>>
>>83831277
>>83841998
Adding to that, it's like any addiction. If they can go cold turkey long enough, they're able to function well enough, though there's always the risk of relapse.
>>
Didn't Magneto introduce the zombie virus to Earth?
>>
>>83830708

Hold up

Is this traced? The poses are so familiar.
>>
Anyone who can fly would be perfectly fine.
>>
>>83842182
Until someone who can fly gets infected.
>>
>>83842182
can you sleep while flying
>>
>>83842216
Sleep on a rooftop or something.
>>
>>83842138
I thought it was Sentry
>>
>>83840831
>>83840856
How could Superman even get infected? Virtually nothing can penetrate his skin let alone overcome his immune system.
>>
>>83842229
I remember reading a comic where Magneto was apologizing about introducing a virus to Earth to wipe out baseline humans, not realizing it would wipe out mutants too. Also didn't anon say that Sentry introducing the disease to Earth was an idea they DIDN'T go through with?
>>
Do they maintain their powers while zombified?
>Cyclops gets bitten
>At some point, his visor is broken off
>Zombieclops, being too stupid to close his eyes, perpetually fires off his punches at full power
>Erratic movements cause them to fire in every direction
He'd probably destroy parts of his own body pretty quickly, and that could limit his mobility and, by extension, the destruction he causes, but that raises another question about zombies. The body is rendered harmless if the head is removed, but how much of the body has to be removed for the head to die? Could zombieclops kill himself by accidentally looking at his own chest?
>>
Luke Cage wouldn't be able to get bit.
>>
>>83842264
No. They went with Sentry, but originally it was going to be a Superman analogue as a joke/easter egg, but TPTB nixed it at the last minute.

>>83842236
Magic.
Heretofore unknown space virus that affects solar powered Kryptonians as well as humans.
Virus laced with Kryptonite.
Jesus, it could be anything. It's a fucking comic book. The writer says it happened so it happened.

>>83842229
It was.
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Robert_Reynolds_(Earth-91126)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentry_(Robert_Reynolds)#Marvel_Zombies
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentry_(comics)#Marvel_Zombies

>>83842138
Nope. See above.
>>
>>83830708
>no one mentioned deadpool
i mean you said heroes/villains and he's technically somewhere in between but
>deadpool
>>
>>83831277
You should honestly check it out, or at least the main story:

Marvel Zombies vs The Army of Darkness
Marvel Zombies: Dead Days
Marvel Zombies
Marvel Zombies 2
Marvel Zombies Return

Theres also a whole Midnight Sons story but it never really grabbed me so I never read those. They and a couple more titles don't tie into the main one anyways and other anons might be able to give opinions on them.

There was a crossover between a brief miniseries called Marvel Apes as well(Marvel Zombies: Evil Evolution) but it isnt required. Fun read though and fits in around the time of Dead Days I think
>>
>>83840695
Wasp couldave flown inside his mouth and bit his tongue?
>>
>>83843324
Didn't he become a zombie though? The head was in Deadpool Corps or whatever the fuck it was called.
>>
>>83843878
I'm too much of a pussy to read zombie stuff, but which of these is the one where Tony drinks poison and is eaten by zombies and Rhodey becomes the new Iron Man except with War Machine's shoulder mounted weaponry? Also the one where Sandman blows up Spider-Man?
>>
>>83830708
>zombies
>a threat to marvel/dc
I fucking hate normies and their zombie fetish
>>
>>83843972
I believe that's Marvel Zombies Return.

You should give them a chance. I mean, sure they're gorey as fuck but theyre pretty good.
>>
>>83830814
Fuck off.
Batman got rekt in Rotworld.
>>
>>83830708
I'd like to see an apocalypse where the bulletproof and healing heroes don't have to worry about getting infected. Some shit that's basically more about how they psychologically deal with having to save the world, literally, from something they could just let happen and live a happier life afterwards, and how it affects them. Like the irony of a black guy with powers saving a Klan chapter from certain doom when he/she could just let them die...some heroes deciding to leave their detractors to their fate after decades of jeers and thankless service. Some mutants/metas that have gotten by, hiding what they were, stepping up and helping their communities (NOT by putting on a full-body spandex costume they "just happened to have"...that's just stupid), or just going rogue and taking advantage of the situation. And werewolves. Tired of zombies, this needs werewolves. in broad daylight. And people of all ages getting nommed. Shit happens when large predators get hungry.
>>
>>83844671
>I'd like to see an apocalypse where the bulletproof and healing heroes don't have to worry about getting infected. Some shit that's basically more about how they psychologically deal with having to save the world, literally, from something they could just let happen and live a happier life afterwards, and how it affects them.

That can be awesome. Other things you saying are meh.
>>
File: LcYX5iI.jpg (430 KB, 1291x2032) Image search: [Google]
LcYX5iI.jpg
430 KB, 1291x2032
What was his problem?
>>
>>83831087
>Someone in an area nowhere near Latveria starts showing the symptoms of a zombie plague.
>Doom seals the entire country in a climate controlled dome and locks down the embassies.
>>
>>83833377
Council of the Reanimated?
>>
>>83844997
Zombie Apocalypse drove him mad, from the looks of it.

Which is lame, but you've got to stop him from just CURING everybody so here we go.
>>
>>83844851
Still, tired of fuckin zombies. Overdone, let it die.
>>
>>83845147
yeah, me too. But werewolves sound boring even more. If they can pull an original concept and they manage to tell story with broken psychology theme I will pick the hell of that shit.
>>
>>83830708
The robots.
And Doom.
>>
File: MMMAHAHHHAHHHHHMMMAHAHHAHHHHH.jpg (220 KB, 600x948) Image search: [Google]
MMMAHAHHHAHHHHHMMMAHAHHAHHHHH.jpg
220 KB, 600x948
>>83840831
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6g4D4dStmY
>>
>>83845113
They could do anything but I think they picked this because of plot twist. Really, noone see that coming. Everyone thought zombies will invade their labs and puff cure is gone.
>>
>>83842138
>>83842229
>>83842595
It was both. Magneto is the one that let Sentry into their dimension thinking he could kill all humans only to discover he completely and utterly fucked up.
>>
>>83831211
I thought this was the dumbest part of Marvel Zombies, given that Galactus only appears humanoid to humanoids and doesn't actually have flesh.
Then again I read Marvel Zombies for the same reason I read Crossed
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.