[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we discuss absolure editions, /co/? Do you have any? Which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Comicsnew.jpg (167 KB, 1600x668) Image search: [Google]
Comicsnew.jpg
167 KB, 1600x668
Can we discuss absolure editions, /co/?
Do you have any?
Which ones?
Are they worth the price tag?
>>
I have the Absolute Hard Traveled Heroes

It's alright, the format I mean
>>
>>83826097
Not worth the price, no. Some also have a lot of material from other sources, so they aren't anything new to hardcore fans despite being priced that way.
>>
>>83826097
I have Inc and B&R and I'd say yes. Usually if you buy all the trades instead the price difference is minimal and the Absolutes are giant sized so the art pops.
>>
I have Final Crisis, Inc, and B&R and I love them.
>>
>>83826097
I have Crisis on Infinite Earths, Watchmen, Kingdom Come, Green Lantern: Rebirth, Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps War, All-Star Superman, Planetary Vol 1, Planetary Vol 2, and The New Frontier.

I might have one or two more but I'm too lazy to go move some shit around to get to them.

As to your question: Yes, they're worth it.
>>
I have 300 trades and no absolutes. I'm sure it's pretty nice for some of the finer details and no gutter loss in stuff like sinestro corps war, hush, final crisis etc but I'm not blind so seeing details was never an issue for me. I still don't see any point in making absolutes for stuff like long halloween, year one, watchman other than shilling people to get something they really don't need.
>>
>>83826097
>Are they worth the price tag?

If you really like the art
>>
>>83826097
>Do you have any?
So far, I've only got Batman & Robin and Sinestro Corps War.

>Are they worth the price tag?
For the most part, yeah.
I mean, I'm content with the deluxe edition of Watchmen and the TPB of Year One, for example, but the two Absolutes I do own were definitely worth the price.
>>
I have Absolute All Star Superman

The size really does change Quitely's art and showcases his excellent use of Negative space

It is wonderful.
>>
>>83826435
I also have ASS. I forgot.
>>
>>83826097
I have absolute All-Star Batman And Robin, The Boy Wonder and I absolutely love it. It's stunning.
They are only worth it if you really adore the art/the work, though.
>>
>>83826097
Hush
Watchmen
Final Crisis
Hadn't read Hush before I bought it. Wish I had.
The other two are wonderful.
>>
>>83826097
My friend lent me her Absolute Top 10 recently and it's fucking gorgeous. All of the stuff that doesn't come in the trades, all of Ha's design sketches, including blueprints of the major buildings. Awesome. It's the only one I've even seen but if the absolute is collecting a full story, then it seems to be a good investment
>>
>>83826097
If you like the artist on the books, it's a pretty good format. I liked All Star Superman, Watchmen, New Frontier, and Dark Knight.

Extras can really vary, though. Absolute All Star Superman did have part of its extras eventually printed in the regular size collected edition. Absolute Watchmen has Moore's pitch from back when it was a Charlton project (IIRC this was also originally in the Graphitti edition from decades ago, too). New Frontier and Dark Knight have a lot of extras but I haven't checked to see if the New Frontier Omnibus had them. The first Planetary only had like a script and maybe a few sketches, I can't remember. I think those were eventually included in the omnibus.
>>
File: 546879.jpg (74 KB, 317x475) Image search: [Google]
546879.jpg
74 KB, 317x475
>>83826097
I only have Absolute Authority vol 1, and it was well worth the price. Hitch's art needs to be seen in large format. Marvel needs to release an oversize collection of his Ultimates books.
These are on my want list, but I'm in no hurry to get them:
DC: The New Frontier
Promethea 1-3
Authority vol 2
All-Star Superman
Planetary 1, 2
Top Ten

If they ever made an Absolute edition of the Solo series, I'd get that in a heartbeat.
>>
>>83827824
>Absolute edition of the Solo series, I'd get that in a heartbeat.

That's stupid. It's already in deluxe format and it's perfect.
>>
>>83826097
I have absolute watchmen. I think it's worth the price if you can find a good deal on ebay or something. I paid about $35 for mine. I would never pay full price for one though.
>>
>>83827995
The heart wants what the heart wants.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.