[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>portraying the IRA as the bad guys What kind of fucking Irishman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 15
File: latestCAYX7UB3.jpg (184 KB, 1022x637) Image search: [Google]
latestCAYX7UB3.jpg
184 KB, 1022x637
>portraying the IRA as the bad guys
What kind of fucking Irishman is Ennis? Jesus I almost threw up in my mouth
>>
>>83743774
Stay mad that your heroes fucked off to teach mudslimes how to blow themselves up.

Also, ow the edge from that character design. It's hit the point that seeing minor, detailed wounds actually bothers me more than seeing MUH GORE everywhere.
>>
>>83743825
>foreign country occupies your lands
>OH WOW HOW DARE YOU DEFEND YOURSELF
>>
>>83743774
>What kind of fucking Irishman is Ennis?
A Northern-Irishman. An Atheist one at that.
>>
>>83743774
You can't make an omelette without murdering a few civilians.
>>
>>83743774
But they are the bad guys.
>>
He portrayed one IRA guy as a bad guy, in any case. But then, everyone in that story was a giant douchebag. Par for the course for Ennis - everybody being a giant douchebag is his modus operandi.
>>
>>83743845
Open a history book.

t. People who aren't idiotic americans of irish descent
>>
>>83743940
The comic eve talks about that, "plastic irish" love the bar scene when he is dropping N bombs and almost gets beat up
>>
>>83743774
>Drug dealers and criminals who delayed the handover aren't portrayed as heroes, even when they continue to be drug dealers and criminals to this very day

Gee who'd have thunk it?

India got it's sovereignty back before Ireland. Let that sink in. And unlike Ireland, India actually made the British a profit, that's something they haven't managed to do since the 1600s. All you stupid cunts had to do was engage in a bit of Civil Disobedience and be polite and they wouldn't have known what to do, but no, you start the Easter Uprising in the middle of the First World War. Top marks. You couldn't even just breed like rabbits and outnumber the Proddies in Northern Ireland that way, that's like the one thing Catholic countries excel at.
>>
>>83743845
>Country has had control over yours for hundreds of years
>Muh Daniel O'Connell
>Muh Potato famine
>Be so salty about 60 odd years later that a couple of your people invade a post office
>everyone thinks they are dumb
>British soldiers kill them to deal with the situation, execute survivors
>WAIT DID I SAY IDIOTS, I MEANT MARTYRS REMEMBER 1916
>70 years later you think it's perfectly reasonable to blow up kids, women, the elderly because of a 160 year old grievance, even though the British government who were cunts to you all died long before your grandparents were born
> well feck and begorah I want my countrymen to be free so badly i'll start killing some of them in the streets despite the fact that the majority don't agree with me

Fucking potato wankers are the worst
>>
Reminder that the Irish aren't white
>>
>>83743774
I'd say blowing up civilians and engaging in the drug trade, human traficking and so on without real concern to what tge irish public wants make you the bad guy.

no centuries of oppression doesn't give you license to murder.
>>
>>83744082
Fucking this. India managed it, but no you mick cunts decided the best way of getting independence was by terrorism.

Weirdly the British public didn't see fit to let terrorists win.

All you did was bolster the British resolve you dumb fucks
>>
File: 1456017107399.jpg (379 KB, 1111x597) Image search: [Google]
1456017107399.jpg
379 KB, 1111x597
>>83744120
>>
I want Americans to go.

Nothing more cringy than hearing an american describe themselves as Irish american just because their grandfather on their mothers side was.

My grandad was welsh, that doesn't make me a welsh Irishman
>>
>>83743774
t. Mick McAlcoholic
>>
>>83744225
Americans really don't understand anything outside of their tiny world.
>>
He portrayed Finn Cooley as a selfish, mercantile bastard who really couldn't give two shits about Irish independence.
And generally speaking Ennis portrays the conflict in Ireland as stupid, pointless and a needless slaughter of good if mislead people by arrogant leaders.
>>
>>83743825
Ireland is literally the middle east of the British isles
>>
>>83744334
we understand plenty. It's just that those of us who understand shit mind our own business.

We don't say, try to tell polish people that their video game based on polish history must have a diversity quota.
>>
>>83744225
No, Americans wanted you to go but muh potato blight, can't grow nothing, kept you paddy fuckers streaming into New York.
>>
>>83744225
I want Britbongs to go.

Nothing more cringy than reading a Bonglander defend the actions of their failed empire while pretending to be Irish.
>>
>>83744225
I think people who call themselves Irish-American are stupid too, because why would anyone admit in public that they were even remotely Irish?
>>
>>83743774
But IRA are bad guys. They would be good if they were actually efficient and successful in the whole revolutionary business, but they are not. And effort doesn't really count here.
>>
>>83744334

Or even inside it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dmIcsM34x8
>>
>>83744357

Well, no. It is literally the far West of the British Isles.

>>83744386

Why do you call them 'britbongs'?
>>
>>83744225
>Nothing more cringy than hearing an american describe themselves as Irish american just because their grandfather on their mothers side was.
Fuck me I got the same beef with italians. Literally every person in my country that identify themselves as italians says so because they have one aunt that lives there or something. They can't speak italian for shit, they never went there (aside for maybe one trip back when they were 5yo) but they will insist nonetheless that they are as italian as fucking Mario.

Fuck them.
>>
>>83744404
Same reason that loads of yanks claim to be part native american, to seem interesting.

Cause you fuckers don't have much heritage on your own so it's better to co opt someone else's

Plus
>muh st Patrick's day
>muh cringy green beer
>muh river dyed green

Christ.
>>
>>83744338
He portrayed the execution of an unarmed prisoner who fought for the liberation of his country a decade before as righteous.
>>
>>83744120
Cool, now I can say the n-word
>>
>>83744454
Italian here. The thing that angers me the most is when they can't pronounce their surname right, like Steve Buscemi.
>>
He's had the IRA in a lot of his books.
I don't know anything about the IRA but in Preacher they're basically idiots wasting the lives of young men on an unwinnable war
>>
File: pap.jpg (178 KB, 1803x979) Image search: [Google]
pap.jpg
178 KB, 1803x979
>>83744120
Allegedly.

>>83744489
Except Irish hate asses, how can they be black?
>>
>>83744510
Seems accurate
>>
File: 1514055-troubled_souls_super.jpg (74 KB, 600x933) Image search: [Google]
1514055-troubled_souls_super.jpg
74 KB, 600x933
>>83743774
God forbid actually piciking up an Ennis book, other than big2shit. Stay mad, stupid millenal cunt.
>>
So, is the IRA essentially a European ISIS?
>>
>>83744225
The reason Americans call themselves that is because were proud of our past, and love our family and heritage
Its a shame you yuropoors cant say the same :^)
>>
>>83744590
Nah, ISIS want death to the west and basically anyone non their particular brand of Islam, IRA wanted independence for Northern Ireland
>>
>>83744590
ISIS actually has unholy tons of oil, guns, sex slaves and kafirs to kill like dogs, and require combined attention of two strongest militaries in the world to keep down.

IRA has potatoes and can be shut down by passerby constable.
>>
>>83744574
Is this the thing he and McCrea referenced in Dicks 3? Some guy walking along monologing then Ivor and Dougie run him over with the time machine?
>>
>>83744574
>Still using millennial as an insult

How old are you?
>>
>>83744597
Is that why you always try to downplay that whole business with the slave trade and killing all the redskins off? Genocide is quite an achievement, rather odd of Americans to always wring their hands over it.
>>
>>83744574
>millennial as an insult
Grandpa get off the fucking typer and go back to bed
>>
File: RCO022.jpg (900 KB, 1911x1449) Image search: [Google]
RCO022.jpg
900 KB, 1911x1449
Ennis is great
>>
>>83743774
>Think you have a righteous cause
>Decide to prove you're right by bombing civilians
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how we know that every terrorist group in history was run by fucking retards.
>>
>>83744597
>being proud that your great grandad was born somewhere
> basing part of your identity on the fact your great grandad was born there
> thinking that you in any way share anything if significant value with the people of that place because your great grandad was born there

Amerifats pls.
>>
>>83744695
>And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how we know that every terrorist group in history was run by fucking retards.
Not everyone, but then those that weren't run by retards are not called terrorists today.
>>
>>83744597
So you're saying you were kings and such?
>>
>>83744704
Have some understanding for them. They live in a perfect isolated bubble, a Safe Space of planetary proportions. They need to define themselves SOMEHOW.
>>
>>83744704
Tell that to the fikki fikki's overrunning London abdul. They seem more proud of where they came from than where they live now
>>
>>83744496

...How does he pronounce it?

>>83744510
> they're basically idiots wasting the lives of young men on an unwinnable war

What do you mean, "In Preacher"?

>>83744590

A Monty Python sketch version of ISIS.

>>83744597

An American who is proud of his nation's past needs professional help and heavy medication.
>>
>>83743774
>>83744082
>>83744127
>>83744405
The modern IRA isn't anything much to do with the Fenian movement, and bugger all to do with the republic, which has repeatedly shanked the IRA (and others similarly engaged), often for fun.

The modern IRA is about drug dealing, extortion, prostitution, money laundering, insurance scams, protection money and so on. Most of the gangs of the republic and the north are now, and have been for decades, even prior to the ceasefire. They don't even want power, at least not legitimate political power, because that's something you have to defend. They'd much rather make money and get the hell out of Ireland altogether, because it's like England but full of miserable Irish bastards who know exactly what kind of people the IRA are.

But as ever ideology makes a great cover for criminality.

>>83744510
Not even that any more. Just fucking drug runners.

>>83744474
Lots of people were executed during the Irish civil war, usually because they were dangerous bastards who didn't accept the treaty was as good as they'd get. Five were executed by the Irish army in 1923 for aiding the IRA, which was at that time still interested in obtaining political power.

It was fuckwits like them who made the treaty necessary in the first place. If they'd been less trigger happy, the whole of Ireland would be one republic today. Hell if the IRA hadn't started the civil war then the dail would have dropped the death penalty from the books in 1922.

Do you know much about the IRA? Do you know for example that the IRA since the early 1970s has basically just been a hard-right fascist organisation that doesn't give two shits about 80% of Catholics in Ireland, because they'd never support it, and engaged in a protracted secret war against other IRA factions before ending up little more than drug dealers who do a bit of beating, shooting and bombing on weekends? Doesn't seem like you know much about them.

Weekend terrorists defended by weekend thinkers.
>>
>>83743774
Mate are trying to start on me or something?

These guys were:
>Using the IRA to fund themselves
>Were in America and bombed a cafe

Even if you want to sling that noble IRA angle even those guys don't believe in it.
>>
>>83744844
Bussemi
>>
The IRA from the Easter Uprising are very different from the pieces of shit that came along in the 2nd half of the 20th century
>>
>>83744082
>>83744187
Pretty much most parts of the empire managed independence without throwing a shit fit like Ireland. Hell even shitposting capital of the world Australia managed to do it alright.
>>
>>83744990
Everyone thought they were fucking idiots when they first took over the post office though. It wasn't until the british, who quite frankly had enough on their plate with world war one to piss about with the wankers decided to end it quickly that they became martyrs
>>
Ennis is a Protestant Northerner who even though he's atheist never really grew out of the prejudices his community taught him. He's refused to speak to people with Irish names at cons.
>>
>>83745089
he also has an incredibly juvenile sense of humor and the world in general
>>
>>83745089
can you sauce that because I have an Irish name and he seemed pretty fine talking to me
>>
File: man milk.jpg (71 KB, 647x594) Image search: [Google]
man milk.jpg
71 KB, 647x594
>>83744574
Is that Mike and Jay?
>>
>>83744225
I feel the same way when some half Chinese cunt from West London tells me how hard their life is when I grew up in a council estate where gangs of teenagers beat the shit out of you for looking at them wrong.
I had to stop hanging out with a circle of friends when I found out two of them murdered a homeless person because they thought they had stolen their supply of drugs. I live in the sticks so if I grassed them up they'd find me and my family.
>>
I'M ANGRY
ANGRY ABOUT THE IRISH
>>
>>83743774
Ennis is a piece of shit, and fedoralord, so probably thinks IRA was too religious or something. Nevermind that British monarchy has a literal state religion.

Like, all you need to know about Ennis is that scene where that girl joins the Justice League knockoff in The Boys.
The 'joke' is that she must suck dicks to join! And she does it! Haha! How cool! Ennis doesn't jack off to this situation at all! The fact that he asked artist to draw that chick on the very next page like a Facial Abuse actress after a long scene is entirely coincidental and he doesn't get off to it!
(before you mention she ends up becoming pretty much most human and relatable character in the book - that was an accident. Ennis planned her to just end up degrading herself more and more as a joke. His subconcious can write a better story than him.)

See, Ennis is the kind of person who believes in being 'ironic'. He can write racist/sexist/homophobic/otherwise fucked up shit into his stories, and it's okay, because he doesn't MEAN it! Stop being so offended guys!

I can bet 20$ that Ennis cried at premiere of Ted. Move over Citizen Kane, this is the REAL masterpiece of cinematography.
>>
>>83744489
>>83743970
It's nigger. Just say nigger.
>>
>>83745326
Let it all out, Anon. Remember what your therapist said.
>>
>>83745333
Enjoy your beating.
>>
>>83745152

That's right, anon!
>>
>>83745326

He has never said shit about IRA being religious or something or nothing for that effect

Go get your meds, retard
>>
>>83744225
We like explaining why we like beer, and nobody wants to pretend to be German.
>>
>>83745347
Holy shit. Like fucking clockwork.

Geez, you sure owned me here. I am very definitely owned by your razor-sharp wit. I tremble before your might. Wow, you just implied I might have issues. Holy fuck, I have never heard that one in my life.
So original. So witty. Pure Genius, by capital fucking G.

I think I jizzed in my pants a little, that's how epic this putdown of me was. Please, own me more, daddy. I beg you. Share with us your sparkling edgy wit.
>>
I've never understood the IRA I mean sure they let of a few bombs on mainland Britain, but on the most part they just made their own country a hellhole. That'll show Westminster.

It's kind of like shitting in your own bed while you're lying in it to spite your landlord
>>
>>83745389
Nigger, what is wrong with you?
>>
>>83745389
Nigga you triggered
>>
>>83745389
You'll be okay buddy, we're here for you now. Don't hold back. Nobody's judging you.
>>
>>83745389
you seem upset
>>
>>83744225
>There's no such thing as ethnicity!
>>
>>83745356
Who the fuck cares what he said? People don't say everything they think. Jesus, he made two most fedora comics ever made, Just a Pilgrim and Preacher, this is not an arguable fact - and he dislikes IRA? What a goddamn coincidence. Must be totally unrelated to his life experiences in any way, because that's how people work, right?
What do you mean, "bias"? What the fuck is a bias?
>>
>>83744688
Twenty one? That wasn't the deal Allah!
>>
File: anti-irish-mix_66161f39ed.jpg (160 KB, 445x600) Image search: [Google]
anti-irish-mix_66161f39ed.jpg
160 KB, 445x600
>>83745396
Those Irish.
>>
>>83745425
Why don't you get Jeezus to smite him if he's so bad?
>>
>>83745425

anon, why are you making so obvious that you need your meds? You seem angry for some reason
>>
>>83745396
I wouldn't expect people with severe mental deficiency to understand. Everyone knew the Irish could never square up with the Brits, they were simply trying to make Ireland not worth the life of British soldiers.
>>
>>83745427
It's about the band Twenty One Pilots, actually.
>>
>>83744977

And it's supposed to be... um...."Bous-chemi"?

>>83745389

Way to confirm his suggestion...

Let it out, the group understands.

>>83745425

It's a big fish. I seen 'em. Like big-ass golefish.

>>83745427

Isn't it seventy?
>>
>>83745458
>make your own country so utterly horrible that no one will want to come to it
Again, shitting your bed to spite your landlord
>>
>>83745451
>>83745423
>>83745417
>>83745410
>>83745409
Harder, daddy, samefag harder!
>>
>>83745458

And how did that work out for them?
>>
>>83745495

>about 5 different posters in less than 60 seconds tell me I'm mad and angry

>t-they're samefagging!!!11!!
>>
>>83745495
It's okay, fella. The big bad bald edgy Irishman can't get you here. The Internet is safe.
>>
>>83745458
>I love my country so much and want it's freedom so badly that my plan is to make it an unliveable hellhole against the well of the majority

Right and I'm the mentally deficient one

Westminster doesn't give a shit about Wales anon, and you can get there by car or train, why do you think they'd give much of a shit if you made a place that you have to cross a body of water a shit hole?
>>
>>83745495
#triggered
>>
>>83745490
It's Booshemi
>>83745493
It's a matter of freedom
A lap dog like you wouldn't understand
>>
File: samefag.png (41 KB, 429x613) Image search: [Google]
samefag.png
41 KB, 429x613
>>83745495
>>
File: bait.png (265 KB, 351x418) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
265 KB, 351x418
>>83745326
>>
>>83745495
I haven't seen an anon as buttblasted as you since that 24 year old kissless virgin who thought that lifting would solve all his woes a couple of weeks back

Well done

5/7
>>
>>83745495
>four of those posts within 60 seconds if each other
Fucking lol
>>
>>83745567
I'm hardly a lap dog if I'm of the nation holding the leash on yours your dumb potato nigger.

As has been pointed out earlier in the thread, India managed independence, so did Australia, but not via terrorism.

See, shitting up your country was the mistake
>>
>>83745425
He dislikes the IRA because they're a bunch of human traffickers and drug runners masquerading as a political entity in order to garner sympathy from braindead fuckwits like yourself.

Ennis isn't even hugely anti-religious. He's had sympathetic religious characters. He just enjoys poking fun at the stupid things people do for religion or assign to religion.

But please, continue to speak of shit you have no understanding of. Maybe repeating 'fedora' enough times will somehow lend your spiel authority.
>>
>>83744558
He even looks like a potato!
>>
>>83745649
>Ennis isn't even hugely anti-religious.
Come on, man. Be serious.
>>
>>83745696
Ennis has nothing but sympathy for actual devoutly religious people. The actual institutions of religion, not so much.
>>
>>83745696
Ennis has always been more anti-institution and generally angry than anti-religious.
>>
File: 1519137-preacher03.jpg (45 KB, 395x640) Image search: [Google]
1519137-preacher03.jpg
45 KB, 395x640
>>83744844
>What do you mean, "In Preacher"?
In the comics there was an issue about Cassidy in the IRA a hundred years ago.
>>
>>83743774
>What kind of fucking Irishman is Ennis
The traitorous kind
>>
>>83745424
>>83744225
Ethnicity is treated very oddly in the US, since the country is basically a gigantic melting pot of people who emigrated from [x] country so they could make money/escape being crushed for their beliefs (or nationality, depends on the country). Even after several generations though, a very large number of the colonies that popped up kept a huge amount of their own cultures because that's how humans work, so they still wanted to be identified as coming from [x] country (besides the ones who left because they hated [x] country).
Nowadays this has resulted in a largely mixed population, but anyone who still knows what their ancestors were often think that means they should solely identify as that ethnicity, despite effectively being American now.

I reckon their should be a general rule that once the last two generations have lived in one country, they are solely that nationality. It just makes it simpler for everyone.
>>
>>83745567
Even lap dogs won't bite their own legs off if they don't want to go for a walk
>>
>>83744844

>What do you mean, "In Preacher"?

The character of Casidy has a flash back to the Easter rising. It protrays the Republican leadership as being cynical self serving and indifferent to the well-being of the idealistic young men who followed them.
>>
>>83745897
Not entirely inaccurate
>>
>>83745717
>>83745727
To continue this, Ennis has a soft spot for people that have genuine faith.
The mom of Tommy Monaghan for example was really religious
>>
>>83745776
>>83745897

I was being obsequious. I meant that the words "In Preacher" were superfluous.
>>
>>83745795
How about you go fuck yourself and we can appreciate our roots while also appreciating the country we're in you reductionist piece of shit.
>>
800 years!
>>
Mainland Europe here

All you Brits and Commonwealth cucks are douchebags
>>
>>83746004
I'm a britbong but had a french grandfather. I don't go around claiming french cheese and wine are the greatest and insist on buying baguettes whenever I can, but I like learning things about the culture and country itself while living in britain.
I even have the french surname since the guy was on my dad's side, yet I don't define myself as Franco-English and act like the guys >>83744454 describes. My point was to avoid more places like Bostons forming.
>>
>>83744225
Gotta agree desu
>>
>>83745909
yes it is
they may have been cynical but most of them knew they were going up to Dublin to die. It was about making a stand.
>>
>>83743774
Once you start killing kids, its game over, the IRA was a terrible idea that just spread terrorism
>>
Ennis's biggest mistake is mistreating his villains.
He hypes them up for one issue and then spends the next 50 shitting on them relentlessly
>>
>>83744225
Different culture.
The US is a nation of immigrants so where you or your ancestors are from is more forefront in people's minds. It's a common first date question here.
>>
File: 1455710114399.jpg (82 KB, 497x458) Image search: [Google]
1455710114399.jpg
82 KB, 497x458
>>83745389
>I have never heard that one in my life.

I ain't surprised bitch
>>
>>83746087
How are you enjoying all that freedom we helped win for you?
>>
>>83743774
Aight Ive never read this comic but Im assuming this motherfucker blew/melted half of his face off while tinkering with some shitty Taliban grade IED. So why the fuck does he still has his eyes completely intact ?
>>
>>83746167
Generally making a stand is more effective if you achieve something beyond getting a bunch of your own supporters killed and harden your enemies resolve.
>>
>>83746294
You mean after you got almost fucked over by the Nazis and needed the Russians and Americans to bail you out ?
>>
>>83746333
Lol read a book that is not what happened
>>
>>83746333
You like when you did get fucked over by the Nazis and you needed Britain Russia and America to save your asses?
>>
>>83746382
Yeah you guys did a great job winning WW2 now the entire world is being run by Kikes and bombed by Mudslimes

Thanks for dem freedums
>>
>>83746327
It got people to join up, getting people to stand up against the rapes and murders that went on was the point man.

Look: modern IRA =bad
old IRA =good

ROI for life!!!

now then! other reasons why Ennis is a cunt....
>>
>>83746439
You're on the wrong board, buddy, /pol/ is to your right.
>>
>>83746441

His treatment of capes. Fuck him.
>>
>>83745396
Welcome to Terrorism 101.
>>
>>83746457
sup Schlomo
>>
>>83743774
Internalized phobia. It's kind of like when a self-hating PoC rejects being called as such, ignoring that we are actually helping them fight their white heterosexual oppressors..
>>
>>83746441
If you're killing people over something the majority population don't want, you'r e a cunt.

There were far many more proddies in northern Ireland than there were Catholics
>>
>>83746479
Sup Johann.
>>
File: JL.jpg (33 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
JL.jpg
33 KB, 600x450
>>83746510
Sup.
>>
>>83743774

Irish kitchen was his worst Max and added nothing to the overall story.

And not the 1st time he has a go at it...
>>
File: Punisher 018-003.jpg (787 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Punisher 018-003.jpg
787 KB, 1000x1500
(pic related)
>>
>>83746506
I was talking about the Easter rising. Alot of people say that at the time most of the country didn't want a rebellion. But the truth is all those accounts are from Dublin. They never tried to find any accounts of what people from the rest of the countys thought.
Dublin people got all up in a heap because some random lads started taking over post offices and factories. they didnt know what was happening.

as for NI it just makes me depressed so I ignore that people are killing each other up there.

Now, Comics!
>>
>>83746539

...I never realized why the story is called 'Kitchen Irish' when of course it's set in Hell's Kitchen.
>>
>>83743845
The IRA are a gang and little else.

The British were wrong for centuries, but killing children because your heretic brothers don't want to join you is asinine.
>>
>>83745727
Ennis hates every institution so if you feel threatened, don't worry. From the Military, Religion, and Corporations.
He always had respect for the common man just doing his best to be happy. Like Jesse's father and Wee Hughie
>>
>>83744920

>If they'd been less trigger happy, the whole of Ireland would be one republic today.

the fuck it would. where do you get that from?
>>
>>83744558
>The Irish hate asses
Speak for yourself
>>
>>83746439
>>83746382
>>83746365
>>83746333
Guys Guys Guys can't we all admit the Russians were the real heroes of the war and we'd all be happier under Stalin's reign?
>>
>>83746441
his juvenile sense of humor and thin skin
>>
>>83744418
Holy hell, everyone else is kinda dumb, but the niggers are extra retarded.
>>
>>83743901
Source?
>>
>>83746539
This
>>
>>83746137
I'm American, a 4th native. Mild nativeaboo, like learning about the culture but I look white and just think of myself as american. Funnily enough my nose makes me look vaguely jewish (big noses run in the family) so it's always fun meeting the odd racist elder and explain that, no my giant shnoz does not make me jewish.

actually had an old woman buy me a crucifix once to try and offend me once.
>>
>>83744704

>basing your identity

You do realize your heritage informs your family's traditions, yeah? An Irish-American family, even one that's been here since 1800, looks at the world differently and relates to one another differently than a German-American family, which looks at the world and relates to one another differently than a Japanese-American family, and so on.

My family's mostly Irish (all on the maternal side, half on the paternal side) Catholic. We're markedly different from my brother's wife's family, a bunch of German Lutherans. Stuff trickles down, affects the way your family operates. That stuff is related in part to your heritage, the cultural seeds planted when your ancestors first arrived here, and so on and so on.

America's a young country composed of immigrants and the descendants of immigrants. It's a mishmash of cultures that looks the same on the macro level but more and more different the closer you look. So saying "I'm Polish-American" means more than just "my granddad was Polish," etc. When I say I'm Irish-American I'm not just being the mick equivalent of a weeaboo, I'm saying my family's directly connected to a specific culture within our retarded mishmash of cultures. Why does that piss some people off?
>>
>>83746892
Looks like Hitman
>>
>>83746892

Hitman
>>
>>83743774
Oh fuck off, the IRA are portrayed as bad guys because that's what they are.
Sadly, people outside of Spain are quite ignorant about ETA, Basque Seperatist Terrorists, and thus most people don't realize what huge bastards they are.
>>
>>83745495
>>83745389
>>83745326
>>83745425

>Makes up shit
>sperges out and yells "samefag" when called out on it

Typical.
>>
>>83746973
Because you fuckers are cringy about it
>>
>>83745636
>so did Australia
Australia isn't independent though
>>
>all the butthurt europoors upset americans recognize their heritage

Could this be why, or merely a symptom, of turning their nations over to africans and mudslimes?
>>
>>83747950

fair enough
>>
>>83744454
I knew some twat who claimed he was "half Irish" and that when he got upset he'd slip into a fake cringey Irish accent
>>
>>83747813

Well, his bit about Starlight in The Boys is true.

>Annie started out as a joke, and was actually going to degenerate further in terms of the shit she'd put up with, the degradations she'd suffer just to be in the world's premier superteam. But I found myself writing Hughie moping in Central Park, and then to my great surprise I saw Annie coming walking down the path. That was when I realized I wanted to take her in a different direction, make her stronger and more rounded... I probably felt a bit guilty about Annie and ended up treating her a bit more responsibly as a result.
>>
>>83748370
As opposed to the US that is turning it's nation over to Mexicans (fine by me, half it used to be their 200 years ago anyway)
Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.