[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to get into Dorkin's Milk & Cheese,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: mcviolence.jpg (108 KB, 565x434) Image search: [Google]
mcviolence.jpg
108 KB, 565x434
I'm trying to get into Dorkin's Milk & Cheese, but I can't still find a strip that sells me the whole humor. The art looks good, the main characters have this certain visual charm that makes you want to have a vinyl figure or a poster of them in your room....but like said, I'm still iffy with the "random mayhem" strip jokes, if that's a proper term to call it. They reminded me slightly of the Mooninites from ATHF, and those two are indeed funny.

For the anons who grew up reading it in the 80s/90s: Did the humor aged well? Or is this some niche comedy not meant for everybody?
>>
>>83723710
Back when they first came out it was a breath of fresh air for those of us who only had an LCS that stocked the big two.

I've not read my floppies in a LONG time. Maybe if I had a six pack and was bored.

SCUD, Poison Elves and Milk & Cheese.
>>
>Cameo in Hack/Slash

Didn't expect that at all.
>>
>>83723710
I just don't like how wordy it was, Dorkin just crams dialogue in every page to the point where it becomes a chore. It sucks especially when you don't find a certain strip funny.
>>
>>83723710
I couldn't really get into Milk and Cheese that much. There's usually a funny bit in each comic but I couldn't stand reading it for long periods of time (a lot of other people have, though). I usually prefer his other stuff like Bill and Ted, Kid Blastoff, and even Eltingville Club.
>>
>>83723710
i just last month paid 20 dollars for the milk and cheese board game because it came with those rare mail away custom engraved milk and cheese/ madman dice. i love these guys.
>>
What kind of voices do you give them while reading?
>>
>>83724287
Yeah Hack/Slash was cool with surprise cameos and guest characters.

Had doctor morrow from WitchDoctor
Had Victor Crowley and Chucky
Even had Fantomah.
>>
>>83723710
>Did the humor aged well?
One could say it aged like milk
>>
>>83723710
I feel like the pop culture humor has aged very poorly, but the violent slapstick holds up

> We blinded everyone in the building
> Yep, now it's an Oedipus Complex

I think my favorite strip is the Star Wars Special Edition one. It's just a reprint of the older Star Wars strip, but with ugly computer effects added in places for no reason
>>
>>83724848
cheese: Tony Sirico

milk: Gerald Tommaso DeLouise A.k.a Burt Young
>>
>WE HATE WHAT YOU HATE!
>AND WE HATE YOU!
>>
Honestly, I think I like it better than when I first read it. Go figure.
>>83724828
Is the game itself any good?
>>
>>83724287
holy shit no way, that's hilarious

I got bored with that series, but it was fun while it lasted
>>
>>83724848
dunno how to describe it

probably some kind of toss up between ATHF Carl, Danny Devito, and any number of the scumbag workmen I've met over the years

lookin at YOU marty
>>
everybody drink gin and riot!
>>
>>83727360
it's unique is the best i can say
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.