[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't mind me, just posting an edgy set of words from Watchmen.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
Don't mind me, just posting an edgy set of words from Watchmen.
>>
Okay.
>>
Okay
>>
How is that edgy?
>>
>>83694523
OP is using the word ironically
>>
File: Moore.jpg (140 KB, 402x416) Image search: [Google]
Moore.jpg
140 KB, 402x416
>>83694498
ironic shit posting is still shitposting
>>
I call with a set of words that sound weird out of context.
>>
Watchman was edgy in the TRUE sense of the word, and in a good way

Is the movie any good? I've heard mixed reviews
>>
>>83696602
No
>>
>>83696602
it's a pretty good adaption, definitely worth seeing. Rorschach is cast perfectly.
>>
>>83696633
>>83696663
YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN
>>
File: image.jpg (186 KB, 1440x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186 KB, 1440x600
>>83696633
Saying it's bad is a meme.
>b-buh it missed le point of the comic
No, it didn't.
The movie isn't as deep as the book, but it's as good of a film as Watchmen will ever get.
>>
>>83696602
Definitely good, but only if you watch the directors' cut.
Although I feel like it loses something by not
being serialised.
>>83696663
This. Also Comedian, Ozy, and Dr. Man. OG Nite-Owl deserves a mention too.
>>
>>83696804
agreed. You want a movie adaptation that COMPLETELY misses the point of the original? V for Vendetta.
>>
>>83696602
Only if you go to it without thinking like a comic book fan

It works better as a deconstruction of pre-2010 comic book movies than it does a deconstruction of comic books
>>
>>83697024
I have such mixed feelings about V for Vendetta.
On one hand it's a horrible adaptation of the source material.

On the other hand, listening to Hugo Weaving's voice in that movie gives me all kinds of wonderfully unclean feelings.

It's a horrible dichotomy.
>>
File: 1296842938930.gif (2 MB, 442x222) Image search: [Google]
1296842938930.gif
2 MB, 442x222
>>83694498
>Rarer than a quark

Does this asshole know what "rare" means?
>>
>>83697458
Have you ever seen a quark m8?
>>
>>83697484
Like with the naked eye? No. But Manhattan can supposedly see every single subatomic particle in existence. He'd be seeing quarks everywhere and constantly; they're one of the most common constituents of ordinary matter.
>>
>>83697120
exactly this. Snyder took Watchmen and adapted it to the era in which he was releasing it.
>>
>>83697824
that's like saying you're looking at flour when you see a cake
>>
>>83696804

it turned the characters into actual superheroes instead of parodies of superheroes. it missed the point of the book.
>>
File: swamp thing.png (47 KB, 297x84) Image search: [Google]
swamp thing.png
47 KB, 297x84
Alan Moore is amazing
>>
>>83696804
>Saying it's bad is a meme
>but it's as good of a film as Watchmen will ever get
No John, you are the memes.
>>
>>83697884
So he can't see protons, neutrons, or electrons? He can't see atoms or molecules? I thought he could see things "so small and fast you couldn't imagine" or something along those lines. With his powers he very well could look at just a cake and see the flour. Didn't he receive a ring and comment on its atomic structure? I find it hard to believe he can see the lining between atoms but not quarks.
>>
>>83698024
you're missing the point

if all the flour in the world was used to make cakes, then we wouldn't have flour any more

you can say the same for quarks, they're rare because they aren't often found on their own
>>
>>83696804
>b-buh it missed le point of the comic
But it did.
>>
>>83698024
To add to that: Most types of quarks aren't found in matter, but can still exist as long as they're bound to another type of quark. Since Manhattan is mostly omniscient he should also be able to see quarks as one would see flour before mixing it in with cake batter.
>>
>>83698079
They're never found on their own. If he could only see quarks as individual particles he would never see them at all.
>>
>>83697458
>>83697824
And life is less common than that. I don't know how you can miss that point.
>>
>>83698150
Life is less common than something that appears everywhere at any point you can observe in the universe that isn't completely empty space. Wow. What a revelation.
>>
>>83698150

How to flirt, by Dr Manhattan:

>You're more beautiful than a pile of crap.
>You are more inteligent than a down-sindrom goldfish.
>If a snail had limbs, then it could probably out-race you, like most animals. But since it doesn't, it's accurate to say that you're more athletic than a snail.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.