[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PPG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
Woke up early for some reason, watched pic related. It seemed decent, easily better than a lot of the garbage on CN (this is coming from a guy who doesn't watch cartoons much). Where's all the hate coming from?

Is it because the teacher no longer has big hips? Or because the voice actors are different? Or some other reason I'm missing because I'm 24 and don't follow cartoons as if they're geared for serious critics (a la PhantomStrider, MrEnter)?
>>
This was one of the more decent episodes (I just caught it not too long ago), but trust me, most episodes are really, REALLY shit. But even a broken clock is right twice a day.
>>
>>83682987
look at this blind, insultingly bad shilling, completely relying on "I'm calm and you le mad so the shit in my mouth is caviar" attitude.
>>
>>83683394
You're mad? I didn't know that, nor did I imply it in the OP.
>>
>>83682987
They twerk on an episode, which was awfully drawn
they cut off miss bellum
It's crippingly inconsistent almost always
And the list goes on and on.
>>
>>83682987
Character design and animation are lacking (animation errors everywhere and characters that really don't fit with the aesthetic of the older designs like the PPGs and such).

However the primary issue from my perspective is the change in tone and episode content. The new show no longer has the girls spending most of their time being super heroes, what's more they've been arbitrarily aged up to school age.

Both of these tone swaps were done to appeal to audiences that for one thing are school aged and for another thing enjoy more comedic SoL shows rather than the action type stuff with earnest moral lessons that the original show championed.

I feel that there is no reason for this to be 'The Power Puff Girls', they could have made entirely new characters who were designed to be school aged and were more comedically geared and just happened to have super powers on the side and the show would be no different than it is now.

It's through the fact that you could so easily replace the titular characters (and all other returning characters) without it affecting the show at all that we see the problem. This is not PPG. It is a generic comedy show with super powered main characters made to pander to a certain audience that is exploiting the PPG brand in the hopes of boosting it's ratings.

That is the problem.
>>
>>83682987
>Is it because the teacher no longer has big hips?
The general complaint is the character design is awful. There is nothing visually interesting about any of the characters any more. Professor's angles, the
Or because the voice actors are different? Or some other reason I'm missing because I'm 24 and don't follow cartoons as if they're geared for serious critics (a la PhantomStrider, MrEnter)?
>>83683618
>I feel that there is no reason for this to be 'The Power Puff Girls', they could have made entirely new characters who were designed to be school aged and were more comedically geared and just happened to have super powers on the side and the show would be no different than it is now.

They tried that. It was called "Supernoobs" and it went about as well as you'd expect.
>>
>>83682987

It's a reboot, so we have a reference point for its shittiness.
>>
Nobody here was that crazy about PPG until the reboot, half the people here caught up on it just so they could act like experts once the reboot came out and throw autistic rage fits together cause that's their idea of "community"
>>
Viral Spiral...

wow
>>
>>83682987
The show is boring.
>>
>>83687204
Yeah, for the first time I actually enjoyed that episode.
>>
>>83682987
>making bubbles the intelligent one
>>
>>83683695
>a cartoon by the creator of Johnny Test sucked
What a fucking shock.
>>
>>83690448
Nah, SuperNoobs were very popular and way better than JT.
>>
>>83690621
only popular due to pedophiles.
>>
File: 1461338318690.webm (265 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461338318690.webm
265 KB, 1280x720
>>83682987
> Watching one clip of a shit show, think it's good, /co/ are just fags.
Kill yourself. There have been countless threads bashing the show to hell and back with valid reasons to bitch, webm related for starters. It's filled to the brim of its asshole in shitty errors and shitty le maymays/"jokes". It's shit, and shit taste is the only way someone likes it.
> Is it because the teacher no longer has big hips?
/baitthread. You clearly haven't watch the show and are just baiting for (You)s. That wasn't what was removed you fucking fagoloid, her tits are what was removed, and than some being more importantly Ms Sarah Bellum because muh sjws being shit writers.
>>
>>83686219
It's because the damn show was like 10+ years old at that point, and the only thing /co/ talks about are waifus shit and loli threads. Maybe if the girls were like their Japanese counterpart in design, maybe the show would get brought up by waifufags than, especially since there ARE faggots that likes the shit characters of the nuPPG it seems anyways.
>>
File: 1462579991455.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1462579991455.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>83691280
>and the only thing /co/ talks about are waifus shit and loli threads
That's a fucking lie and you know it, it's usually on topic discussions and memes.
>>
>It seemed decent, easily better than a lot of the garbage on CN
It really isn't.
>(this is coming from a guy who doesn't watch cartoons much)
Considering how easily impressed you are by this crap I'm surprised
>>83691462
>it's usually on topic discussions and memes.
That's a lie and you know it, we usually talk about movies and tumblr.
>>
File: ;^).png (60 KB, 322x191) Image search: [Google]
;^).png
60 KB, 322x191
>>83691462
How does it feel to get BTFO? Kek. Go back to fapping to lolis, pervert.
>>
File: A_worried_Hisoka.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
A_worried_Hisoka.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>83691702
>BTFO
>KEK
You posted a general and FOTM oc slut, not only do I not see loli shit but you're spouting buzzwords like the average troglodyte you'd find on /v/. Piss off.
>>
File: 1460976290316.png (763 KB, 1126x844) Image search: [Google]
1460976290316.png
763 KB, 1126x844
>>83691764
> not only do I not see loli shit
> Star thread.
Fagoloid in complete denial. Stay forever assblasted.
>>
>>83690440
it's so terrifying
>>
>>83682987
It's because 90% of the episodes are shit. Banal, boring, poorly animated shit. It's the new Johnny Test.

You can find things to like about Johnny Test, but those things you find aren't going to be lasting, or even consequential.
>>
>>83683068
>But even a broken clock is right twice a day
That's a really nice quote, I'll have to remember that.
>>
>>83692901
I'm pretty sure that quote is over a hundred years old.
>>
>>83692901
My thoughts exactly. I've actually never heard that one before.
>>
>>83692901
> Never heard of a age old saying.
You must be at least 18 years old to post here.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.