[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I trust him, /co/. I think people expecting straight up IIF/Colourful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 627x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 627x330
I trust him, /co/.

I think people expecting straight up IIF/Colourful Marvel Premiere stuff will be disappointed, though. Reading the Claremont/Bryne stuff from the storytimes has me really hoping some of those storylines/characterisation are included. Looks like with the Wards inclusion, Madame Gao and Colleen as the female lead it's a mixture.
>>
>Showrunner is Scott Buck

I'm not trusting anything until I see it for myself. That fucker was the showrunner for the last four seasons of Dexter, he has zero trust earned.
>>
>>83681680
>Scott Buck
he did Six Feet Under though
>>
>>83681680
>never watched Dexter throughout its entire run

I know people hate him, though. (Weren't the showrunners mandated by the network to not kill off the main character, when they wanted to?)
Maybe he can redeem himself, with a fresh property.
>>
Wouldn't surprise me if John was in it.
>>
Why are people mad over Scott Buck?
>>
I trust that he actually thinks its amazing and isn't just shiling. I just don't trust his definition of amazing.

And I say that with all respect to Rob and his accomplishments in the industry.
>>
>>83684614
he ran Dexter during the shitty seasons I guess.
>>
>>83684614

His filmography screams mediocre, middling, safe boring showrunner
>>
>>83684676
>Iron Fist
>Safe

Concern.jpg

(I wonder If that's why his was the winning pitch, it they were worried about it being mystical, but not /too/ mystical.)
>>
>>83684741

There have been rumors a long time they're worried about Fist's mystical elements. It really makes sense if you look at DD, JJ and what we've seen of Cage. Those shows all minimized the aspects that Iron Fist thrives on the most.
>>
>>83684831
That's probably why they're going the "Kung-Fu Hobo" route, and traipsing on Moon Knight's turf. He says he comes from K'un-Lun, defeated a dragon and is actually that missing Danny Rand kid, everyone thinks is dead. People aren't sure whether he's koo-koo, or not.

Definitely the series with the most question marks, going forward.
>>
>>83681801
killing the main character is a terrible, stupid idea and the network was right to stop them, which is only further proved by the fact that instead of that stupid idea they went on to fill the show with a bunch of other terrible stupid ideas instead of anything good
>>
>>83686016
It can work sometimes but when they killed the main on The Knick i dropped. That character was the reason to watch the show. No one wants to watch a show about black doctor and birdie
>>
>>83686016

Not always, it depends on the character, and what direction they want the show to go in. Plus, it could be the best if you feel otherwise you would be exhausting the character/their plot points.
>>
>>83686057
Wait, they killed the main guy on the Knick? Thank fuck, he was insufferable.
>>
Why on earth would you trust Rob Liefeld's creative opinions

I'm concerned about you, anon.
>>
>>83681653
I'm kind of worried/surprised nobody managed to snap a picture of his costume yet.

Is it gonna be a last episode sort of deal again? Really?
>>
>>83686773
He's a bad artist, not a bad fan.
>>
>>83686988
I know. Reading the Claremont/Bryne run. Unlike Superman being the alterego of Clark Kent, Danny Rand is the alterego of Iron Fist. If there's one character whose costume shouldn't be saved 'til last it's Iron Fist. I can imagine they'd want to cultivate their own hype though, by posting their own official promo pic, and not one snatched by paps.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.