[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just got back into comic books like a few weeks ago after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6
File: 20160611_145443.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160611_145443.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
So I just got back into comic books like a few weeks ago after a 4 year hiatus. I just bought this today and this, this is fucking horse shit.

Anyway, can I get some recomendations please? Its been like 4 years.
>>
>>83677596
Superior Foes of Spider-man
>>
Avengers vs X-men, Secret Wars, then whatever ongoing you want.

If you want to read DC: Flashpoint, Convergence, then whatever ongoing you want.
>>
>>83677596
I recommend you stop reading comics again and just remember the good times
>>
>>83677596
Moon Knight and Vision are the only thing from Marvel i'm reading right now.

Hellboy ended recently so you could catch the trade for that when it comes out.
>>
>>83677647
All New Wolverine any good? Remember being a little fiend for Laura.
>>
>>83677596
Anon, Even I wouldn't spend 5 dollars for one floppie. Especially if its Bendis related.
>>
>>83677705
Thanks senpai. I appreciate yu. Moon Knight looks really dope.
>>
>>83677596
>reading Civil War 2: Everybody Runs
That's your own damn fault, OP.

There's not judging a book by its cover, and then there's just plain being naive.
>>
>>83677719
$7 Australian. Kill me. I don't like scans.
>>
So now would be a good time to start a year long hiatus?

Buncha personal issues had me drop all my pulls.
>>
>>83677715
also interested in reading. Anyone?
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>83677596
>he paid money for literal cancer

DDT urself my man
>>
>>83677596
>current year
>buying event comics

Not even once, anon.

Current Marvel series worth reading: Vision, Ultimates, New Avengers, Moon Knight, Deadpool.

Nighthawk and Black Panther are 1 and 2 issues in on their current runs, but they seem solid.

Really, you should probably just save yourself the time and money and never come back, tho.
>>
File: 1437377927363.png (564 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
1437377927363.png
564 KB, 719x719
>>83677756
....I had forgot that our torture is light in the U.S. compared to other countries that price floppies.
>>
>>83678108
Most trades are $40 AUD.
>>
>>83678066
RIP.
Honestly think I should stop?
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.jpg (24 KB, 182x224) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.jpg
24 KB, 182x224
>>83678145
>40 bucks for a trade
I beg your fucking pardon? Said trade had better be beautifully gold trimmed and give me a quality handy for that price. Holy shit.
>>
>>83678171
There's stuff worth reading, at least stuff that I enjoy. I'd say just trade wait for the most part and don't ever buy another event comic.
>>
>>83678216
Australian prices are brutal m8.
>>
>>83677596
DCs rebirth is pretty tight. Especially if you didn't like Nu 52.
>>
>>83677596
Omega Men
>>
>>83678529
I have most of the 52 Green Lantern stuff. Why did they reboot again? Is this a reboot? Wtf is happening.
>>
>>83677974
>>83677715
I hope you like her being OOC
>>
>>83678594
its not a reboot and it never was.

its basically a zero hour for New 52

Ginger Wally is back
>>
>>83678628
Feels bad. Still got some nice c cup tiddies?
>>
>>83677974
Her character is written very poorly. I could see it if she wasn't traumatized to hell after Avengers Arena, but Bendis and Hopeless along with her current writer just made her generic punk girl no. 5.

She comes off as not Laura and more of the same they did with Carol. Make gee into a bland female heroine who is 'badass' while ignoring any of the qualities that made her interesting besides surface level shit. The artist is also from the KSD Captain Marvel run who can't make faces distinct or display anything beyond resting bitchface and blowup doll surprised
>>
>>83678594
Basically they brought back the old continuity. They also brought Watchmen into the main universe, which is pretty controversial. The way I see it, considering how Rebirth has been good so far, if Watchmen 2 (or whatever they're calling it) turns out good, I'll be happy. If it doesn't, I wont consider it canon.
>>
>>83677596
Fury MAX - My War Gone By
Andre the Giant - Life and Legend
Andre the Giant - Closer to Heaven
Manifest Destiny
Luther Strode
Fearless Dawn
The Multiversity
Moon Knight (Warren Ellis issues)
Rover Red Charlie (if you don't mind gore and bestiality)
Mister X (classic series, was revived a few years ago)
Archie vs. Predator
Godzilla In Hell
Transformers vs. G.I. Joe (not even kidding, one of the weirdest trippiest comics you'll ever read)
Superman - The Coming of the Superman (complete insanity)
Batman / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Ghostbusters Get Real
Ghostbusters / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Grendel vs. The Shadow
Kingdom Bum (probably the worst thing on this list, but still reasonably decent)
>>
>>83678594
THEY DIDN'T REBOOT.

>>83678718
THEY DIDN'T CHANGE THE NEW 52 CONTINUITY AT ALL. THEY JUST BROUGHT BACK LEGACY CHARACTERS AND PRE-NEW SUPERMAN.

FFS, WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR /co/ TO UNDERSTAND?
>>
>>83678718
Watchmen haven't appeared yet.
>>
>>83678743
Shit senpai relax, have a valium. I didn't know.
>>
>>83678765
Not fully....
>>
>>83678719
Also,

The Fix (if you like DARK comedy)
Huck
Starlight
MPH
Jupiter's Legacy
Jupiter's Circle
Chrononauts
All-Star Section Eight
>>
>>83678743
Read the other Rebirth books. It's pretty obvious that everyone is slowly remembering their old lives before Nu52.
>>
>>83678765
OP had a 4-year break from comics.
If he hadn't read Watchmen before, what makes you think (other than his obviously childlike maturity level) that a reminder now will make a difference?
>>
>>83678823
They just remembering the stuff they were made to forget. The continuity is still changed. That part hasn't been undone.
>>
>>83678853
Because before it wasn't canon. That's kinda a big deal in my book.
>>
>>83678853
WTF are you even talking about?
>>
>>83677596
Do you want the stuff that's come out in those four years, or recs in general?
>>
Just buy all DC comics, they're all better than the garbage Marvel puts out
>>
>>83678594
Rebirth is a retcon establishing that that New 52 Earth is not a new merged Earth as seen in Flashpoint but in fact the Old Post Crisis Earth, and changes to continuity was an attack to weaken the DC heroes.
>>
>>83678903
Past 4 years.
>>
>>83678967
avoid anything with the words Bendis, X,Girl, Spider, Aaron,Bat or Avengers on the cover any you should be fine.
>>
>>83677596
By old stuff and enjoy the hell out of it, then have a little cry about how it's all gone to shit.
>>
>>83678967
Remender's Uncanny X-force
>>
>>83677596
>Paying for an event book
>Paying for a Marvel event

Best recommendation I can give is never do this again

Also pirate everything and trade wait on the stuff you really like
>>
>>83679081
Equivalent quality of artwork, an unfinished storyline to judge unfairly, characters behaving in divergent self-interests ...
Uncanny' is the same level of quality of Civil War 2.
What makes you think the OP won't be calling Uncanny' shit in his next trollthread?
Don't you get it? This is just more of the war on Marvel meme.
>>
>>83679217
Anon, Civil War II being shit isn't a meme, it really is crap.
>>
>>83677596
>bought
well there is your problem
should have just waited for /co/ to story time it
>>
>>83677596
you bought this? kill yourself plox
>>
>>83677596
Anything by Ewing. Remender, Gillen, Duggan, Robinson, Abnett & Lanning, Hickman, and Spencer are also excellent writers who've done work on Marvel in the past few years.
Currently good runs I'd suggest are New Avengers, Ultimates, Contest of Champions, Captain Marvel (which has basically become the new SWORD ongoing in all but name since they decided to change the organization's name from SWORD to Alpha Flight), Captain America (Both Sam and Steve), The Vision (which is crazy as fuck but pretty damn entertaining), and maybe A-Force if you like adorable Blue Waifus.
Also if you're a Pym fan, I'd look up the Rage of Ultron book that came out about a year ago. And if you like it, you're gonna wanna follow that up with Duggan's run on Uncanny Avengers. Shit is getting crazy.
But regardless of all of that, for the love god Stay Away from Bendis Books! He is a cancer on this industry.
>>
File: U 6-10.jpg (471 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
U 6-10.jpg
471 KB, 1988x3056
>>83677596
ULTIMATES
>>
>>83678292
*until Ewing does his
>>
>>83677596
Sheriff of Babylon and Unfollow are pretty dope.
Apart from that, The Fix is shaping up nicely. If you're into Lovecraft or Moore, you should def pick up Providence.
>>
File: 1441744764906.gif (1 MB, 446x469) Image search: [Google]
1441744764906.gif
1 MB, 446x469
>>83677647
Why would you recommend AvX?
>>
>>83681959
BECAUSE IT'S __________fun.
>>
>>83677647
I've never seen anyone recommend Convergence before. I must have read all the dogshit issues, if there were any readable ones.
But yeah, Rebirth is a good point for getting into DC if you want.
>>
Pick up all the Rebirth titles. Rebirth is literally an un-reboot.
>>
>>83678449
What's a wage in Australia dollars
>>
>>83677596

Funniest thing is that even looking past the minority report bullshit, this Ulyssess guy's power is just basic bitch mind shit. Because inhumans are replacing the X-Men so we can't have mutant scarlet witch with her reality fuck powers but time and time again we have shown that most characters fuck with destiny all the time and nothing is really set in stone.

Also I just realized that the last random superpower thread I was in gave me a power that would be excellent in this universe. Hell I wouldn't even be a major villain, just do some hooligan shit that proves Ulysses is full of shit and cause everyone to doubt him and each other. Hell it would be hilarious if I or someone else mutated into their Inhuman form and got this power at the end of the arc and was a big bad that both sides had to fight against. They beat it of course but then they just realized that Ulysses power either said that they had no chance of beating it and they proved him wrong and/or all of their actions involving him are were pointless from the start.

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Fate_Immunity
>>
>>83683595
Entry level is like $15/hour.
low end jobs roughly $20-25k /year
>>
>>83677596
Why the ever loving fuck did you expect anything else?
>Hey guys, here's a sequel to a fuckig horrible comic by an even worse writer than the original!
>>
>>83681750
Eternity War probably isn't happening until 2018. I'd be surprised if they weren't going to try and have it come out around Infinity War for maximum synergy.
>>
>>83678449
You ausies get fucked over by media companies. I love that Trent Reznor told people in austrailia tobjust download his album for free cause prices are stupid there
>>
>>83677596
Since there is a yon of marvel and DC how about Image

Monstress is great
Saga but it starts to get worse by volume 2 but i highly recommend those first two trades
Faster than Light if you want sci fi
Autumnlands
>>
>>83677596

what do you like? what comics did you read before

the last 4 years have been terrible for the x-men

This is pretty much the good things

Gillens Uncanny X-Men + Consequences of Avengers vs X-Men (the Avengers vs X-Men event isnt good, but you may want to read it to see what happened)
Spurrier's X-Men Legacy
Cullen Bunn's Magneto
The current Cullen Bunn's Uncanny X-Men which is also about Magneto

The secret wars X-Men tie ins were pretty good, especially E Is for Extinction, Inferno, and Extinction Agenda.
Siege was the best Secret Wars tie in, better than the main event.

The best Marvel book right now is Vision, by the current writer of Batman, it is fantastic.
Some other good Marvel books are Ultimates (this one is great), Moon Knight, all the Deadpool books, New Avengers and Uncanny Avengers.

If you missed all of the NEW 52 in DC you should get Azzarello's Wonder Woman, Soule's Swamp Thing, Animal Man, The Omega Men which ended recently is also by King who is writing Vision and is the new Batman writer, Secret Six and Sinestro are also good runs that ended recently.
Sinestro was pretty much the only good Green Lantern book.

Right now it seems like a good point to start reading DC because oftheir relaunch, and because Marvel is in one of its worst periods.
>>
>>83685857
>Azzarello's Wonder Woman
Anon, why you gotta be a giant faggot?

OP, read Amethyst instead. If you're going to read a fantasy book that ultimately doesn't go anywhere, at least go with one that doesn't involve horribly retarded bullshit that poisons the book for future writers.
>>
>>83677596
its not really horse shit it's just that one comic that one guy who writes this one comic writes

ignore it and it will go away
>>
>>83677715
>>83677974
I enjoyed All-New Wolverine but i'm also an indiefag who never read any x-men/x-23 prior to it.
>>
>>83685527
Autumnlands was the only good suggestion you gave.
>>
>>83677596
Hellcat
Squirrel Girl
The Mighty Thor
Angela Queen of Hel
>>
>>83688740
Noone would fall for that, you need to mix at least one actually good rec there.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.