[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Harley Quinn: When will they fix her?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: Harley-Quinn-050815-970x545.jpg (74 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Harley-Quinn-050815-970x545.jpg
74 KB, 970x545
Before New 52:
-wore white makeup on her face
-wore jester costume
-has dyed blonde hair
-was crazy and in love with the Joker
-always comes back to the Joker despite his abuse because of her mental instability
-has two pet hyenas

After the New 52
-completely bleached white like the Joker
-dresses like a slut
-has dyed blue and red hair
-is over the Joker because she's an empowered feminist
-won't take Joker's abuse anymore and is an portrayed as a role model
-was forced to kill her pet hyenas when Snyder's facemask Joker gave them rabies
>>
Harley has always been a mediocre character and isn't worth the effort of fixing since idiots will buy her as is anyway. Save talent for concepts that actually deserve it.
>>
>>83663922
She sells well and is popular so there's nothing to fix, anon.
>>
>>83664059
>She sells well and is popular because she's now a Deadpool knockoff
Fix'd.
>>
>>83664091
And if she sells well and is popular for whatever reason, why should they change her?
>>
>>83664124
She'd sell better if they made her more like her original version.
>>
>>83663999
>>83664059
Something that I don't understand with you guys is that you use the "it sells so why change it?" with Harley, but refuse to accept that with Bendis or Slott or whoever you're angry. It makes no sense
>>
>>83663922
I never liked the jester outfit.
>>
>People who watched BTAS and read the occasional storytime on /co/ scream NOT MUH HARLEY

>people who actually buy comics seem to be loving current Harley given her extremely strong sales

Yeah OP, I'm sure that they'll be catering to the NOT MUH NOT MUH NOT MUH audience any day now.
>>
>>83664225
casual detected
>>
>>83664247

Familia, the only casuals here are the ones who can't understand why BTAS era Harley is a thing of the past.

I don't particularly care for current Quinn, but it's obvious that she's here to stay.

And, frankly, the jester outfit would be atrocious for a solo character.
>>
>>83664177
it only matters when a good character is being harmed
>>
>>83663922
You don't "fix" what's actually selling, OP.
>>
I'd rather they just keep her in hee containment books.
>>
File: rebirth.jpg (263 KB, 1738x764) Image search: [Google]
rebirth.jpg
263 KB, 1738x764
>>83664225
>What is Rebirth?
>>
>>83663922
never, because she is an inherently shit waifu. you've got bad taste, op, sorry to inform you.
>>
>>83664170
Why didn't she sell as well before, then?
>>
>>83664436
Rebirth was done to make those characters sell better... that's not the case with Harley who's been a top seller in the New 52 era already.
>>
>>83664436

The people who N52 pissed off actually bought comics.

Guarantee you that 90% of the people assmad about muh jester have only ever seen BTAS.

>>83664335

If she keeps going as she has been, there won't be Harley containment books, there'll be non-Harley containment books.
>>
>>83664464
That was a long time ago. And the only people buying the current Harley books are those who compulsively buy comics even if they don't like them and Olicity fans.
>>
>>83664225
>>People who watched old cartoons and read the occasional storytime on /co/ scream NOT MUH X

>>people who actually buy Bendis/Slott/Henderson comics seem to be loving current X character given him/her extremely strong sales

See?. I can do the same

>>83664335
And what makes a good character? Good books? Harley got 'em. Appeared in good series? BTAS, The Batman. What?
>>
>>83664471
Did you respond to the wrong post or something?
>>
>>83664471

Why are you conflating my post with others? I'm simply pointing out why current Harley isn't going anywhere. I couldn't care less about /co/'s opinions on Slott or Bendis.

I guess not expecting retardation from a tripfag was my mistake.
>>
>>83664471
>>>people who actually buy Bendis/Slott/Henderson comics seem to be loving current X character given him/her extremely strong sales
I might also add that as a comic fan, the cartoon is much more faithful to comics as a whole than the trash peddled by Marvel and DC today with its crappy writers.
>>
>>83664298
But Harley's not a solo character. It doesn't work. She belongs with the Joker. What they're doing now is so out of character for her it's ridiculous.
>>
>people defending the atrocity that is Nu52 Harley
Geez. I knew Tumblr was leaking, but I didn't know it was that bad.
>>
>>83664549
I am just pointing out the double standard of /co/ when it comes to characters. Somehow Harley is bad but fans have to live with it while Bendis and Slot and whoever is a bigger threat

>>83664571
Harley first solo is pretty faithful to BTAS Harley
>>
>>83664507
Joker fangirl was never going to be a good character, she's just worthless waifu bait
>>
>>83664603
>But Harley's not a solo character

Tell that to her sales numbers, anon.

I know that this may shock you, but it's actually possible for characters to grow beyond their original personalities and purpose. Why, Superman used to kill people!
>>
>>83664464
Pre-Amanda Conner. She's a huge draw for the character.
>>
>>83664636
It's just the reality of the situation, m8. I couldn't give a shit about Harley, fuck your waifu you fucking cancer.

But as long as she sells DC has no reason to fucking change her. No way they throw away something that has been working for them when they are so hungry for sales to compete with Marvel.
>>
>>83664674
>Superman's evolution as a character is akin to Harley's transformation from character to feminist slut
>>
>>83664725

>one character evolving is akin to another character evolving

Wow, proving any point with greentext sure is easy!
>>
I dunno.. I thoroughly enjoyed Conner's run of Harley
>>
>“Die Laughing” part one! Welcome back to Harley Quinn’s crazy world on Coney Island…now get ready to wave goodbye, because everyone there just might get eaten alive! Harley’s gotta protect her neighborhood against an all-out zombie apocalypse! Break out the chainsaws, everybody!
She is fucking she-Deadpool now.
>>
>>83664664
You can say that about ANY character, anon, not just Harley
>>
>Harley Quinn
>Batgirl
>Carol Danvers
>Squirrel Girl
>Jessica Drew
All ruined by feminism.
>>
>>83664717
Man, I am going to laugh so hard when you scream and shout about X writer/artist ruining your favorite character.
>>
>>83664879

>implying they were ever good
>>
>>83664892
I don't think I have to ever worry about Starman being used as a cheap marketing gimmick like Harley Quinn anytime soon.
>>
Real talk: Outside of a few graphic novels and stories, Batman comics have collectively sucked for the past 20+ years anyway. Just enjoy her in the far, far superior animated series and don't worry about what goes on in the shitty comics.
>>
>>83664399
This.
I miss classic Harley, but if she's gotta be cancer, at least it's not spreading everywhere like FemThor in the Marvel books.
>>
>>83664464
You mean her first ongoing? She didn't have the Arkham games to boost her popularity, the audience of comic-buyers are more likely to have watched BTAS in the childhood now, and there are more girls buying comics.
>>
>>83664436
>Rebirth is supposed to be a return to form
>Ollie doesn't have the hat
GG no re DC.
>>
File: harley-quinn-costume-easter-egg.jpg (152 KB, 947x414) Image search: [Google]
harley-quinn-costume-easter-egg.jpg
152 KB, 947x414
>>83663922
Don't expect her comics to be fixed any time soon. They sell really well regardless of their quality.

There are still numerous adaptations outside of the comics that do Harley better. Assault on Arkham did her well, and she has her jester outfit in Justice League Action. The Suicide Squad movie has her getting the stupid New 52 origin (and Joker torturing her?), but it looks like it only made her a little paler and then the she puts white makeup on her face anyway. She doesn't have the outfit, but it seems the movie will at least acknowledge it. You can see it was in her personal effects before being thrown on the ground in one the trailers. The plot leaks seem to suggest she doesn't act like her STRONG, INDEPENDENT WOMAN self, either.

Tara Strong is still a problem, though.
>>
>>83666076
Leaks also say she's back with The Joker.
>>
Harley Quinn was a mistake.
>>
>>83663922
>nothing should ever change, every character has to stay the exact same
>>
I want Harley Quinn to rape me!
>>
File: 1464191821776.jpg (299 KB, 675x447) Image search: [Google]
1464191821776.jpg
299 KB, 675x447
why would they change a character that outsells every other leaguer aside from Batman four times over?
>>
>>83663922
I don't get you people, if you want the comic book medium to remain healthy and alive you need to cater to markets such as girls, comics like:
>Ubeatable squirrel girl
>Hellcat
>Lumberjanes
>Gotham Academy
has no appeal humour wise to me, but I know it brings in others.

Harley getting skinned and given a new character dosen't bother me, I still have Dini's stuff and Injustice.
>>
>>83667268
But all that stuff can be found on Tumblr webcomics. If they want it so bad, make it an AU. But don't pollute the characters that have existed beforehand.
>>
>>83667268
I'm not threatening those comics' or NuHarley's existence just by wishing things were like they used to be
>>
File: HARLEY-Cv24-59c98.jpg (336 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
HARLEY-Cv24-59c98.jpg
336 KB, 900x1366
>>83666325
esp since its under the current eyes of fun writers and artists
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.