[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The Emptiness Shaped Like God Post the best single or double
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
>The Emptiness Shaped Like God

Post the best single or double pages.
>>
Man I fucking love all of Darkseid's boast

>Is there a storm coming?
>I AM THE STORM

>The hole in all things

>What shall you do Superman, if you have to fight the whole of humanity to save them? Ironic for the Last Son to lose two worlds
>>
>>83595170
Fuck, that's actually a really good line. When did they start writing Darkseid well again?
>>
I dunno know why but Morrison trying to elevate Darkseid into some cosmic personification of nihilism is annoying to me.
>>
>>83595445
Fuck off Johns, you can have your PEW PEW BEAM EYES Darkseid another day
>>
File: image.jpg (240 KB, 700x1060) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240 KB, 700x1060
>>83595445
I wonder where he could have gotten that idea from?
>>
>>83595469
>MUH FOURTH WORLD IS 2DEEP4U
>>
>>83595445

You are the reason god doesn't talk to us anymore.
>>
>>83595445
You'd prefer him to be the generic "imma destroy the world because I'm ebil" thing that other writers do?
>>
>>83595491
From somewhere else because that sure as shit isn't Kirby's Darkseid.
>>
>>83595516
There are two Superman threads up, go there kid
>>
>>83595491
What is tiger force?
>>
>>83595526
>imma destroy the world cause I'm ebil
But that's what literally Morrison's Darkseid is tho.
>>
>>83595542

Wrong again faggot. That's from Forever People, straight out of the original Fourth World saga.
>>
>>83595549
Oh yeah
>Superman is for children
>Darkseid and new genesis is for mature reader like myself
>>
>>83595595
Go there, you can see people punch eachother and scary beams that you clearly love
>>
>>83595591
Yeah and Morrsion's Darkseid has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>83595542
This fucking guy lol
>>
>>83595618
>people punch each other and shoot eye beams
>what is Kirby's fourth world
>>
Darkseid works as the ever masterful fascisf hand that builds us toward entrophy, toward hopelessness. The anti life equation, the justifiers, the Furies and Parademons, all Kirby showing us the dangers and destructive nature a dictator can weild to crush your will.
>>
>>83595564
It's like the speed force but for tigers.
>>
>>83595626
To clarify; I'm bot talking about this >>83595491 but how Morrison isn't actually following Kirby's characterization of Darkseid.
>>
File: image.jpg (345 KB, 1800x1296) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
345 KB, 1800x1296
>>83595684
I'd argue that Morrison positioning Darkseid and the forces of Apokolips as a sickness that invades humanity, and binds them in hatred, self loathing, and single mindedness lines up well with what Kirby was getting at
>>
>>83595662
Who's us kemosabe? That's my main problem with new god fags, they want their little space gods to be special but the cosmos is lousy with gods and godlike beings. Who decided that Darkseid gets to be top dog?
>>
>>83595727
>invades humanity like a sickness
That's just Morrison and his gnostic Universe A/Universe B bullshit tho.
>>
>>83595757
>Who decided that Darkseid gets to be top dog?

Darkseid
>>
>>83595757
>Who's us kemosabe
The people in the story the writer is trying to tell

As for the rest, yeah, in the tapestry of the DCU the place is lousy with Superman, Batman and Darkseid clones so I agree that if they aren't going to go through the effort to make the character stand out they should just leave the 4th world alone since then it has no great distinction
>>
>>83595757
Yeah, better have Dr. Manhattan at the top stealing love. That's so much better and such """"clever"""" metacommentary!
>>
>>83595809
Explain that universe a universe b stuff please.
>>
>>83595564
The tiger force is the compulsive instinct to rip a man to shreds.
It's not really talked about like the speed force.
>>
>>83595986
Universe B as in (B)oy you better wash the damn dishes before I beat your ass so hard the universe implodes
>>
>>83595347
That's Morrison
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.