[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The central theme of her character is failure. Discuss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: Failure.png (1 MB, 1280x722) Image search: [Google]
Failure.png
1 MB, 1280x722
The central theme of her character is failure. Discuss.
>>
Now I want to see her parody character in The Venture Brothers.
>>
File: Spongebob watching Book 3.png (277 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
Spongebob watching Book 3.png
277 KB, 680x383
>>83585930
That could work if Korra was the last avatar and Bryke stick with the theme of the world not needing the avatar anymore
>>
>>83585930
Isn't that all Avatars, fucking up then fixing, until your best friend kills you.
>>
>>83585989
The world never really needed an Avatar except to give humans a chance to retake what the spirits overran unchecked which we only know about due to Wan's story which is a mess anyway.
>>
>>83585930
No. All memeing aside the them Bryke was trying to convey with her character (albeit poorly) was: how does the Avatar fit within their contemporary society.
>>
Has Korra killed action cartoons in the West?
>>
>>83585930
>>83586031
The difference between the other Avatars and Korra is that the other Avatars were capable of fixing their own messes, except for Roku but Aang fixed that. You could argue everything that Korra fucked up could be fixed by the next Avatar, except theres the whole "all the past lives are dead" problem, and any Avatar that learns from Korra will be just as bad as her
>>
>>83586175
Not necessarily. If Avatar isn't a retard he wouldn't accept Korra's teachings. Like Aang didn't agree to kill Ozai despite what previous avatars were saying.
>>
>>83586175
>all the past lives are dead
I think that was the most unforgivable thing they did with LoK.
>>
>>83586162

Nope, Korra just happened to be one of the last ones standing.
>>
File: Samurai X.jpg (83 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Samurai X.jpg
83 KB, 300x400
>>83586067
It'd be better if LoK was about Korra fighting overpowered freaks wanting to oppress the non-benders and going back to the old ways because muh feelings, muh sad past or muh social darwinism. Korra could side with the new ways even if it means the end of his way of life. It often works on "last days of an era" kind of stories
>>
>>83586175
>and any Avatar that learns from Korra will be just as bad as her
That's why they would learn from the people around them. Aang learned from his Airbending culture and early teachers but also had a life before the Avatar. The only thing Aang got from the past Avatars was power-ups and world building.

>>83586067
>how does the Avatar fit within their contemporary society.
Well they consult their past lives who have lived through different things and get feedback on things from the past from a slightly biased perspective. Even if the problems and issues change, the heart of the matter stays somewhat the same so asking people directly who have been through that would be like having George Washington and the rest around to slap the current government for the USA, for example.

But...well - you know what happened.
>>
>>83586300
That is still the best damned story I've encountered in my life.
>>
>>83586300
>muh muh muh
Didn't even finish reading the post.

If this thread is gonna be filled with retards just let me know now.
>>
>>83586275
So based on the assumption that the next Avatar does the exact opposite of what Korra tells him, he might not end up sucking. But thats a huge assumption, especially considering in-universe people think shes fucking jesus and can do no wrong by the end of book 4.

And on top of that the next Avatar is going to have to most likely deal with some pretty tough shit, like even more advanced weapons, Koh running amok in the human world stealing faces, and the inevitable rise of anti-spirit militants that will follow
>>
>>83586175
>the other Avatars were capable of fixing their own messes
What do you base that on? We hardly know jack shit about most of the other avatars.
>>
>>83585930

Then you must have found her quite relatable, huh?
>>
>>83586175
Oh i get it you're a retard who has never watched avatar
>>
>>83586373
Were they thinking that she's Jesus? I think her fuck ups just got overshadowed by Kuvira stomping Republic City with her mecha.
>>
>>83586428
She had a statue in Republic City at the beginning of Book 4, people's opinion of her was rather high, it only ever dipped in Book 1 and Book 3
>>
>>83586476
Korra wasn't very popular on Book 2 either. To be fair, it's not like Bryke are consistent with the writing
>>
>>83586476
That statue was just a pity for Korra getting crippled while she was in Jinora's way to apprehend Zaheer.
>>
Her character is based on friendship, because alone she is useless, so it's up to her friends to save the day for her
>>
>>83586582
Yeah, which means public opinion went up out of pity, and theres no indication it dropped at all during Book 4
>>
>>83586063

And Korra fucked all that up. So the World needs the Avatar again.
>>
>>83586327

Then you haven't read many books or seen enough movies.
>>
even her game is a failure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mi1siF5WgQ
>>
File: laughing rogue of void.gif (6 KB, 139x200) Image search: [Google]
laughing rogue of void.gif
6 KB, 139x200
>>83587092
>in this game you play as a mentally retarded lesbian eskimoo
Holy shit
>>
The general theme of Korra's storyline being failure would be totally ok. In fact, that would have been great. S3 going into S4 was the set-up of something actually truly interesting. But it's not about failure.

She fails, yes, that does happen. The story never revolves around her failures though except for the end of S3 which most people agree to be the best season. She doesn't learn from her failures nor is there a real storyline that shows its ok to fail except for maybe a few throwaway lines from Tenzin and family.

She fails and then succeeds. It's just two states for her. There is nothing in between and that's the real problem with Legend of Korra.
>>
>>83588026
She fails, then cries, then succeeds due to someone else's intervention.
>>
>>83586031
The difference being that they didn't actually caused anything. Korra actively fucked up.
>>
>>83586296
The worst part is what a blatant, "Waaaah stop comparing LoK to AtLA!" action it was. If they were doing anything but that, they'd have had the death of the Avatar stick and not just make Korra Wan 2.0.

>>83589689
The previous Avatars cause plenty of long-term problems. The Dai Li are a direct consequence of Avatar Kyoshi trying to clean up shop, for instance.
>>
>>83590219
>The previous Avatars cause plenty of long-term problems
only Kyoshi and Wan, and even for Kyoshi, the dai li did help for quite some time
>>
I know I'm begging to be spoiled but, I only ever watched The Last Airbender, is Legend of Korra worth watching? I started re-watching Last Airbender recently and my love for the show is all flooding back to me.

Leaves from the vine...
>>
File: c07.jpg (31 KB, 519x369) Image search: [Google]
c07.jpg
31 KB, 519x369
>>83585930
You think Korra bends squirt water and drinks it?
>>
>>83591495
No, don't bother. By the time Korra got around to being made, all the talented people who helped make Last Airbender so good had already moved on to different jobs.

I actually envy you, not having seen Korra.
>>
>>83591495
it has good visuals and character designs, and some creative concepts. it just never takes these good elements anywhere because the writers were incompetent. they kept screwing up what they had, and instead of fixing it they just kept adding new gimmicks and new characters while the old characters sort of stuck around without anything meaningful to do. binging all four seasons in a week is like watching a trainwreck play out. it was obvious that the series just wasn't very well thought out and was cobbled together from a handful of good concept arts and storyboards

that said, it actually is watchable as long as you don't go in with high expectations and are prepared for a complete lack of catharsis
>>
>>83591495
If you want an action cartoon just watch anime
>>
>>83587092
The game was pretty fun though.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.