[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the absolute worst animated show you have ever seen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 20
File: worried-daffy-duck.gif (75 KB, 520x245) Image search: [Google]
worried-daffy-duck.gif
75 KB, 520x245
What is the absolute worst animated show you have ever seen?
>>
SU
>>
File: 1455346697597.png (97 KB, 664x351) Image search: [Google]
1455346697597.png
97 KB, 664x351
>>83536043
Worst in terms of animation, or overall quality?
>>
>>83536073

overall quality
>>
Delfy, a cartoon about a dolphin and his friends having troubles because of a pirate vulture. A BRB production who made sequel series to Willy Fog
>>
>>83536043
Your favorite show
>>
>>83536086
Super Jail
>>
Steven Universe
My Little Pony
>>
>>83536043
Syndicated Network or web series?

Web Series: Finger Family

Syndicated: Problem Solvers (I don't count experimental Adult Swim shit because that's not intended for humans anyways)
>>
>>83536043
Cow and Chicken.
>>
>>83536043

Angry Beavers
>>
>>83536043

Tom and Jerry

The show was so mean spirited I couldn't enjoy it as a child. I hated the cat and the mouse. There was nobody to root for or feel sympathy for.
>>
File: imaeg.png (7 KB, 462x516) Image search: [Google]
imaeg.png
7 KB, 462x516
>>83536043
Family Guy
>the hand pose
every fucking time.
>>
Popular Contemporary Show because I never saw a cartoon before last week.
>>
File: cast.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
cast.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
Somewhere between Problem Solverz, Breadwinners, and Johnny Test. "My life me" is pretty bad too.
>>
>>83536043
Johnny Test
>>
>>83536293
When a character falls and they always land with their hand behind their back
>>
>>83536043
Hero 108 or Doug
>>
>>83536043
Dragons: Riders of Berk
>>
>>83536338
I kinda liked hero 108. Don't really remember why though .
>>
>>83536043
Post examples
>>
Popples
>>
Shezow was shit and the only reason it ever got an ounce of attention despite it's utter lack of quality was the drag.
>>
File: 1463938723516.png (927 KB, 1042x1315) Image search: [Google]
1463938723516.png
927 KB, 1042x1315
>>83536058
>>83536216
Stay mad faggots
>>
Home Movies.
>>
ITS THE
>>
File: 1410748279343.png (368 KB, 623x527) Image search: [Google]
1410748279343.png
368 KB, 623x527
>All these people listing off shows that were okay-to-mediocre, nothing outright horrible

Nutshack and Problem Solverz. PS in particular is genuinely physically painful to look at.
>>
>>83536534

DRINKY CROW SHOW
>>
File: 1370599065041.gif (842 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
1370599065041.gif
842 KB, 500x540
>>83536438
I don't like SU either. Other than the fact that no one ever shuts up about it, its pretty cringey, and the art style is unappealing to me. I went to hang out with my friends and they decide to marathon it. The show is trying way to hard to be deep and sensitive, and it comes off and boring and bland to me.

RWBY kinda does the same thing, but the plot is actually interesting so I'm curious as to what happens next. Not the people though. They're boring. Like Steven Universe, I can't get attached to any of the characters and the dialogue needs work.
>>
>>83536322
DYK that I have around 8 hours of him on my iPod? The first three and a half hours or when the series was "good"?
>>
>>83536573
DRINKY CROOOOOOOW!
>>
Angela Anaconda.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfvhnUU5lKA
>>
>>83536396
Admittedly, a good amount of episodes were of only slightly above mediocre quality, but there were some like "S.I.C.K Day" and the time travel episode that were actually quite good, and would be my recommended episodes.
>>
File: go away.gif (9 KB, 205x238) Image search: [Google]
go away.gif
9 KB, 205x238
>>83536534
>>83536573
It wasn't a masterpiece but it certainly isn't the absolute worst.
>>
Johnny Test, Allen Gregory, Problem Solvers...does puppetry count?
>>
>>83536370
>Like hero 108 don't remember why though.

If I have to guess, pic related is why. But Agree that cartoon was "Wasted potential : The show" the setting was kinda interesting and the characters design were nice, but instead of, you know, do something interesting with the other 104 heroes we got stuck always with Blando Gary Stu, Skullinja Bunny, Shorty Crazy Eyes and Tongue waifu
>>
Just had animation in overall quality

I like the show

mr. Pickles
>>
File: unnamed.png (38 KB, 293x462) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
38 KB, 293x462
>>83536788
And like the retard I am I forgot the pic
>>
>>83536788
forgot your pic anon
>>
>>83536846
Yeah it was her. But I haven't seen the show in years so I don't remember too much about her
>>
Oh wow, Hero 108.

I've never seen a show so clumsily try to explain its premise in 30 seconds like that one did.

And mein gott, the NAMES. "Jumpy Ghostface"? What the fuck is that?
>>
>>83536043
Problem Solverz. couldn't make it through one episode of that hot mess.
>>
>>83536043
Tough one. Going Clutch Cargo on this one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLBA79462EF4451B1C&v=UTQI_XjoSSY
>>
Jimmy Two Shoes, fuck that show.
>>
>>83536691
>Fighting over important book report
>Accidentally flies out of their hands across the room, into the shredder the dad happened to be carrying at the time
"Y'know, I probably shouldn't be walking around with this thing turned on"

Also, if anyone's interested there was an episode where they meet their r63 selves.

The she puns were increasingly annoying, though
>>
File: images (2).jpg (29 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
29 KB, 512x288
>>83536868
In Short girl is crazy, broken and willingly sacrifice you so you can be her hat, also prehensile long tongue.

And look at this shit they have a friking giant fire breathing Tiger and they only appear in like 2 episodes. They could have done more with this series.
>>
>>83536882
Hey man, I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. "Ghostface" is the raddest name.
>>
>>83536043
Ctrl+Alt+Del: the Animated Series.
>>
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 551x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 551x720
>>83536279
Is it bait?
>>
File: image.png (68 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
image.png
68 KB, 250x141
>>83536932
Actually, no. I take that back. Forgot this exists.
>>
>>83536043
Perfect Hair Forever

I can enjoy a good parody of anime but its comedy was too broad and the animation was trash. Only watched it because of that DANGERDOOM track.
>>
File: Top-Cat-Gang.jpg (72 KB, 623x478) Image search: [Google]
Top-Cat-Gang.jpg
72 KB, 623x478
Probably this one.
Man I hated Top Cat.

I can't even put to words how much it sucked seeing this shit on CN.
There was some show that came right after this one that me and my brother wanted to see, but in order to be sure not to miss it, we often sat through this shitheap.
And god dammit some days the show didn't even come, they just showed two or three episodes of Top Cat.

One day I wondered if it was just my age that made me hate this show, after all it's geared towards the older audience.
So I went and watched some of the episodes.
Nope, didn't even get a smile out of me and the animation is that extremely limited crap.
It's pure fucking garbage.
>>
>>83536293
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63wJItfmu_0
>>
Problem Solverz. It's like someone ate a NES and then threw up. The audio is pretty shit too.
>>
>>83536534
Nutshack is the only objectively correct answer here, anything else is b8/ignorant.
>>
Kappa Mikey or that new Pacman show
>>
>>83537080
Most Hanna/Barbera shows were terrible.
>>
>>83536709
>Allen Gregory
Man, what the fuck happened with that show? It's not like a show can't have an unlikable cast- everybody in It's Always Sunny is an absolute unredeemable piece of shit and that show is fantastic. But Allen Gregory genuinely pissed me off throughout the entire first episode, which is as far as I got.
>>
>>83537080
And now it's got a new CGI film. Nuts.
>>
>>83536043
Well... I'm hesitant to call 12 oz. Mouse a "cartoon" but it was utter nonsense shit garbage made by people who hate cartoons, apparently. Like if the Da-daist movement survived into this century and started hate-fucking the medium by coming up with this show.
>>
>>83537106
lost at walt disney's pic
>>
>>83537172
Unfortunaly Kappa Mikey is wasted potential, the premise was good but the animation lacking, makes me sad because it would had been perfect if it was made like TAWoG with all the diferent animations styles from diferent eras clashing with each other, Mikey would look like he came from GF/SU, the Lily Mu cast would look like KillaKill/one piece, older characters like ozu and yes man looking like they came from doraemon or queen millenia
>>
>>83537106
This is basically what Tim Buckley always aspired to, innit?
>>
>>83537306
Now see, this would have been interesting, and actually successful to *some* degree if they also were willing to make fun of western animation and held back on the borderline ethnic slurring that the actual show fucking did. I swear, every 'joke' in that show was about how *weird and stupid* Japan is for being different than our culture.
>>
>>83537239
I agree that it's pretty shit overall but I thought it had its moments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI1NvBQfH9A
>>
>>83537181

Oh absolutely, almost all of them sucked ass on some level.
But at least a kid who didn't even understand English that well, would find some shred of enjoyment when watching the Jetsons.
At least something happened in that show.

Top Cat was 99% of the time showing a bunch of nearly static cats, standing in front of a fucking fence, cracking jokes that probably were considered mildly enjoyable at best back in the late 50s.
>Eeh Dibble, we're not loitering around.
>You see, We're on the lookout for unwanted individuals!
>You know the types who have nothing better to do than hang around the streets doing nothing.
>Ookay, but I've got my eye on you!
>Goodbye officer, have a nice day.
>*laugh track*

>>83537222

Just checked it out.
>Box office $14.7 million
Top kek, but what the hell did they expect?
I mean the original audience for it is probably around 70-95 years old by now and any kid who saw it on CN during the 90s, most likely hated the hell out of it.
>>
>>83536043
I don't actively go out of my way to remember bad things.

Hence, I forgot.
>>
>>83536073
>>83536073
Anything done in Canada that use Flash as their main tool.
>>
>>83536043
If anime falls under "animated show", probably that Tenshi Dokoro-chan thing where the angel girl constantly murders the boy. My god it physically hurt me, watching that thing. Never made it through a whole episode.

Western cartoons, I can't think of a whole lot I just hate besides obvious answers like Johnny Test, nuSimpsons, nuPPG, nuFamily Guy, etc. Old shitty barely-animated stuff is still interesting to me just for their historical significance. I really hated most episodes of The Boondocks I've seen.

I'll go with Butt Ugly Martians.
>>
>>83536043
I feel like The Slim Shady Show doesn't get enough shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EGJ5q-BDhc
>>
>>83536043
I would say X-duckX
>>
>>83536309
Paper Rad used to be cool

But their art style is intentionally disgusting and combining that with shitty flash animation is utterly retarded. If they managed to animate their shit like Super Jail, they could have kept those weird Boys Club-ish designs and it would look great in motion.

Also the writing was utter shit too... Man that show was trash.
>>
Mega Babies.
It's one of the few pieces of television I couldn't get through. At least stuff like Nutshack is a glorious trainwreck, MB is both horrible and boring.
>>
>>83537796
What in the fuck? How in the world was this a real thing that was made?
>>
>>83536342
Overrated post
>>
Pick literally any and ALL italian animated series and japanese ones

Out of my head, the worst series I can think off that aren't the classics (Teen Titans Go, Johny Test, et cetera) is a spanish cartoon series about a ginger boy or something, it wa svery mean spirited and with little to no effort.

Actually, come think of it, that describes most spanish animated series as well
>>
>>83537796
This makes me incredibly angry
>>
The Life And Times Of Tim.
>>
>>83536651
Not attacking you or anything (each have different tastes and opinions of course) but up to which episode did you and your friends marathon?
>>
>>83536216
Is MLP actually bad though? Despite the existence of bronies, is MLP bad for its target audience of little girls and their moms?
>>
File: 1462730550609.jpg (14 KB, 480x358) Image search: [Google]
1462730550609.jpg
14 KB, 480x358
>>83536930
>>
>>83538378
>BLEB
>>
>>83536556

>Problem Solverz
Wasn't that bad 2bh. The problem is that it got stuck on CN instead of AS.

I'll go with Back at the Barnyard Barnyard.
>>
File: vintage-man-confused.jpg (14 KB, 948x858) Image search: [Google]
vintage-man-confused.jpg
14 KB, 948x858
>>83538252
I don't remember all of them but there was a Halloween Episode where the lighthouse was trying to eat them or something. And it was because Lars and some French Fry haired guy with glasses were fighting.

Then there were episode where Steven's dad (Greg? I don't remember their names) were going on a road trip with Garnet and split into this lesbian couple that were arguing about something Pearl did. I think in the episode that we watch before she lied about something and made up reasons for them to fuse together. Then the blue girl that made up Garnet was a cyclops or some shit and didn't want to speak to the red one think? Then then made up at the end and fused back together

Oh, and there was another episode with some kid named Onion that couldn't talk or something. I think Amethyst was friends with his mom.

Sorry if its a weird description, I haven't watched enough episodes to remember their names. I got a headache just trying to remember the episodes alone.
>>
>>83536309
Worst can have so many different measurements, but Problem Solverz always deserves mention because just looking at pictures of that show makes me honestly physically nauseous.

Seriously, I think psychiatrists could study that blend of colors and find a psychosomatic link to sickness, sort of like the brown note from South Park induces crapping.
>>
>>83537042
I actually found this tolerable for Canadian garbage
>>
>>83538528
>French fry haired guy
HIS NAME IS
>>
>>83536043
TOME by kirbopher.

As an aspiring animator, never have I even seen something that was so bad from start to finish.

I mean, holy shit that ending was the cheesiest fucking thing I had ever seen.
>>
>>83538528
You seriously didn't picked up a good point to watch these episodes. The first you describe is literally the worst episode in the series. The second one is really plot heavy and doesn't make much sense if you didn't what happened prior. The last one is alright but features the other worst character of the show.

It's completely fine if you don't like SU. A lot of people also don't. I'm just saying you didn't start well. If you're still interested in picking up the series, just start from the first episode and go on from there. It gets progressively better as it goes on. And avoid the generals on /co/.
>>
Problem Solverz
Teen Titans Go
Almost Naked Animals

The new PPG would probably be on here if I still watched tv.
>>
>>83538570
MEATWAD
>>
File: shrug.jpg (23 KB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
23 KB, 500x310
>>83537796
>The Slim Shady Show was a series of animated cartoons that were first broadcast on the Internet and later released on DVD.

Oh, well, okay then.
>>
>>83536930
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R44MvXeEQw
>>
milk chan
>>
>>83537796
It's like South Park without the humor
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124 KB, 1440x1080
>>
>>83538820
Oh Christ I forgot this existed.
>>
File: thumbs-up.jpg (116 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
thumbs-up.jpg
116 KB, 720x480
>>83538623
Maybe someday I'll give it a shot but I'm already backed up on too many series I've been wanting to get into for the longest. Just graduated from college and I finally have some time to get on them.
Dragon Ball (Not Z)
G.I. Joe (80's verision)
Transformers (Again 80's)
Skeleton Warriors
Outlaw Star
The Real Ghostbusters
Parks and Rec, and so on.
Also about to marathon Deathnote again with a friend.
(I recommend all of these btw)

And to be fair I did see this one episode a few months ago with this angry yellow gem that referred to Steven as an abomination or something, and then I think Garnet got killed and it got left on a cliffhanger. That episode actually seemed interesting to me. Was that a good one or was it just for shock? Does it go anywhere afterwards?

Also
>worst in the series

Are you sure? Most of the people in my friend circle kept complaining about some crossover with Grandpa?
>>
>>83536043
https://youtu.be/QuT5KZtxdxc

Real people made these
>>
>>83538963
>Does it go anywhere afterwards?
Ehm... kinda... a small fight scene while Garnet sings... its... interesting...
>some crossover with Grandpa?
I myself found it fun, and is hardly the worst, the worst is by all means Sadie's Song, no doubt
>>
>>83538765
I remember watching this for the first time with the commentary and about busted a lung laughing. Wish Disney did more stuff like that.
>>
>>83536556
they just want attention for hating popular but not generally praised things, bruh.
>>
>>83537080
How was anyone supposed to want to see this decades after Phil Silvers died? No one will ever get a single reference. It might as well be in another language for all the sense it will make to any audience younger than 65.
>>
>>83536043
Steven universe
Uncle
New ppg
>>
>>83539333
>Uncle
I second that

Also, checked
>>
>>83538306
FIM was a decent first season for what it was, but had massive moral problems with the endings and was a shitty slice of life.
Garbage like Suited For Success comes to mind when the characters are literally sitting there like mutes incapable of expressing their distaste with the dresses and formulating concise arguments as to why they're stereotypical toyetic trash.

MLP(seasons 2+) was a complete takeover and trashing of the original first season. Which is just pathetic because season 1 was already micro-managed by executives. Now it has hypocritical characters contradicting eachother, often bellitling, slapping, being passive aggressive, acting antagonistic with one another.
It often feels like it's not the characters playing themselves, but rather a scumbag executive grabbing the script and making lolsorandumb character impersonations of what he believes would make for a funny parody. The actions, voice acting and dialogue is very tongue in cheek and often feels sarcastic, ironic, pathetic and not meant to be taken seriously. It tries to combine drama+comedy(The first 4 episodes of season 2) and fails at doing both, the drama is without logic and sincerity, the comedy is unfunny and pathetically bad, like a robotic geek trying to make a joke and not getting it why nobody is laughing together with him.

Overall I condone MLP's latter seasons as worse than Steven Universe and Adventure Time especially for being an incredibly fake passive-aggressive masturbatory parody. Like the way the Teen Titans GO writers reacted to the criticism, but the staff behind MLP don't even bother poking fun at themselves and neither hiding their heads in shame. They instead will pretend they're in the right for their entire life, very very egotistical and a sociopathic logic. Even when they do say "Yeah I suck, so? Accept me for being a disgusting piece of shit treating little girls like crap" it's like arguing with a stereotypical cartoon villain or a goblin.
>>
>>83536327
and their leg overlapping the other
>>
The new PPG
>>
>>83536190
Why tho
For a 15 min cartoon on adult swim, it's pretty good
>>
Wacky Wold of Tex Avery.
>>
File: disdainforplebs.jpg (26 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
disdainforplebs.jpg
26 KB, 400x462
>>83536279
>>
>>83538306
I have no idea what the target audience is at this point.

Latest episode has the main character picking wank tissues of her freeloading younger brother, as she tries to get him move out of their parents house and get a job.
>>
>>83539430
As someone who's seen nothing of the show outside of a 5 minute poop, I say that your argument would be more persuasive if your tone was calmer, instead of being as inflamed as The Nostalgia Critic or Linkara.
>>
>>83537821
what a trainwreck of a cartoon.
it's sad that this was made by the same guys who made Oggy and the damn Cockroaches, because that cartoon had some pretty slapsticks jokes.
while this one felt under the category:
"try to hard to make super radical characters with a shitty animation style"
it's like poochie (the rad dog from simpson) on LSD... and with ducks!
>>
>>83536043
Terrahawks
>>
A scooby doo clone for TV Cartoons.

For Movies, it has to the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. It made me think thrice about what animated movies im gonna watch
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.