[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he even a good villain? I've seen people compare him
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault-3-640x360.jpg (31 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-3-640x360.jpg
31 KB, 640x360
Is he even a good villain?

I've seen people compare him to Thanos and Darkseid I guess saying he's the main bad of the X-universe? Seems way off

The only compelling things about him are his horsemen but that gets old when every X-Men has been one

How does he reconcile his survival of the fittest philosophy with constantly getting jobbed
>>
>>83516011
He jobs more than Darkseid and Thanos
>>
X:TAS Apocalypse is still awesome.
>>
File: Bruce.jpg (18 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Bruce.jpg
18 KB, 640x480
>>83516011
>I've seen people compare him to Thanos and Darkseid
That isn't as a compliment
>>
>>83516011
He's the same as Thanos and Darkseid in as much as they're not the sort of guys who show up to battle the heroes month to month. They are typically used as 'Oh shit now we are hella fucked'-style villains, extremely powerful. He's not the main villain of the X-Men though, that goes to Magneto. I would put Sinister ahead of Poccy too.

Most villains job, it's just more noticeable with guys like him because they're so powerful they should realistically win every once in awhile but that can't happen since Poccy winning is a lot of other people being dead.
>>
Apoc is basically the definition of failure at escalation on the writers part. He is more of a story point than an actual character.

I recall something with him fighting Dracula where he was an actual character for a while.

He can't win even small victories because that involves everyone being dead. He has no clear motive most of the time outside of "only the strong survive" sort of thing.

He "just as planned" any time he gets his shit wrecked. This is usually filed under "temporary set back" and he goes back to sleep/where ever he goes.

He SHOULD be able to go toe to toe with just about anyone in any circumstance but he tends to be crippled, not at full power/etc when ever the fighting happens.
>>
File: x-force-018-int1.jpg (116 KB, 600x396) Image search: [Google]
x-force-018-int1.jpg
116 KB, 600x396
>>83516167

I get that villains gotta lose, but is there any canon explanation for how he deals with not being the "fittest" or is it just delusion.

Pic related, X-Cutioners Song is the only time I've liked Apocalypse
>>
File: Apocalypse_Wallpaper_2.jpg (190 KB, 1024x723) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse_Wallpaper_2.jpg
190 KB, 1024x723
>>83516011
>Is he even a good villain?
eh, i feel Apocalypse is more a force like Galactus or should be anyway than a Saturday morning super villain
he's supposed to shake up the status quo
his whole "survival of the strongest" motto should be about killing off sheepeople; not mutant superiority or world domination

i don't know why they haven't done an event where he comes out and everyone fights him and they just manage to ruin his plan in time but not physically defeat him, and he just leaves

horseman: why didn't you crush them master?
alips: they proved they were strong enough for now. your actions have proved your weakness
que mook killing
>>
File: apoc2[1].png (44 KB, 384x224) Image search: [Google]
apoc2[1].png
44 KB, 384x224
why didnt he use the drill from the video games?
>>
His 90s cartoon incarnation was the only one that was ever any good, mostly because it sold him as this uber threat that the X-men can't hope to defeat alone.
>>
>>83516011
>How does he reconcile his survival of the fittest philosophy with constantly getting jobbed

How does he reconcile it with using stolen technology he doesn't understand to augment his own abilities?

Let's be honest here, if he had any drive or intelligence, with a Celestial ship and the possibilities it contains he could have simply remade the universe to his own liking, and only the Celestials could possibly have stopped him.

The fact is he's a moron.
>>
>>83516990
There are higher beings in the universe than the Celestials.
>>
>Is he even a good villain?

No, he sucks. He was a better villain when he was supposed to be the Owl
>>
>>83516011
the main bad of the x-universe is intolerance and his sidekick lack of understanding
>>
>>83517065

I've always hated that X-men are a metaphor for minorities. You can't compare shooting fire from your hands to enjoying chicken a tad too much. No one has ever killed a town due to him thinking the mailman is hot.
>>
>>83517009
like one above all and Frank richards?
>>
>>83516910
They really should have taken cues from the 90s cartoon. Hell, maybe even split this into 2 movies like Marvel's doing with Infinity War.
>>
He had an alt reality dedicated to him taking everything over. Basically a couple of months of comics he took over.

Anything after that is underwhelming.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.