[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't the show be as creative as Wander Over Yonder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Why can't the show be as creative as Wander Over Yonder or as engaging as Gravity Falls? It's funny, but often leaves me feeling empty. It's like the animated equivalent to junkfood.
>>
>>83511613
Gravity Falls stopped being engaging as soon as Alex shat the bed with season 2B
>>
>>83511613
I think it suits me, it's just my style. I'm gonna shill it for a little while.
>>
>>83511796
OP here.

I know it has a appeal, but I wish it wasn't so "lolsorandumb and quirkeh XD" all the goddamn time and actually could focus on one thing instead of spiraling into a million different directions
>>
>>83511613
dunno
>>
>>83511613
I dropped watching because I felt gay watching it
>>
>>83511613
Oh that is a good way to put it.

What bothers me about the show that it tries to be quirky and crazy and stuff, but it never really gets creative or visually interesting enough to really achieve that.
It just falls flat.
>>
When season 2 airs in July, it's gonna tone down on the lolrandom and be a bit more lore centric with the wand and Mewni so let's be thankful for that
>>
>>83515710
ahaha i love how when it i first heard about this show someone had described it as pure whacky fun with no stupid lore shoehorned it!! it was just gonna be lits of action and laughs and excitement with maybe a little depth here and there. glad to see its going to go full su/gf since a loreless-cartoon is almost impossible to pull off now a days
>>
>>83517304
Actually pissed me off when literally the first episode aired and everyone was like "clearly there's nothing deeper to be found here" (sometimes followed with "and that's okay :^)"

Like at least make sweeping judgments about its goal etc. after a little more than the introduction to the series.
>>
File: starsandwich.png (531 KB, 687x716) Image search: [Google]
starsandwich.png
531 KB, 687x716
>>83511796
underrated post

effort/10
>>
>>83517304
Unless you're The Loud House, I suppose.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.