[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on the Deadpool movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 27
File: Deadpool_poster.jpg (19 KB, 261x381) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool_poster.jpg
19 KB, 261x381
Thoughts on the Deadpool movie?
>>
Pretty good.
>>
He's like a male Harley Quinn. As in, I'd hit it. But what happens to your dick when your skin turns all necrotic from oxygen deprivation?
>>
>>83506573
memepool
It's good thought, but story was straightforward. Expect the next movie will adapt T-ray
>>
It was 3 months ago.
Colossus was great, especially with contrast to Deadpool.
>>
>>83506573
Was pretty good but there were 2 shots where the effects looked pretty off.
Can't remember exactly what they were though I'm to tired night /co/.

They had the perfect amount of 4th wall stuff not to much not to little.
>>
hoping Taskmaster is in the next movie.
>>
>>83506573

Wish they could afford more than 2 x men
>>
File: Deadpool Poster.jpg (2 MB, 1692x2500) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool Poster.jpg
2 MB, 1692x2500
I entered it fearing it would have a sense of humor like the game, but it felt quite a bit more grounded. That worked to its advantage, IMO. Even if their Deadpool was a bit different from the comics, they seemed to respect the character's more serious side. Most of their jokes feel like they'll still stand up in a few years, not relying too heavily on references.

Flashbacks messed the pace up a bit. Colossus is great as a character, but the way he was contrasted with Pooly makes me feel like the writers haven't seen any cape movie with even a hint of moral ambiguity. Ajax is a bit dull but functional. Blind Al stole every bit she was in and I wanted more of her, but I know it's tough to do that without making Pooly more of a jerk.

Some people say that the romance feels too standard. I think it felt pretty well-executed for a cape thing and had some flavor without being off-putting. There were times Wade acted like an idiot in the relationship, but they felt realistic (I might just be projecting though). Maybe I'm a sissy, but I had a few feels near the end.

The music they chose is fitting but unmemorable. Has a few nice shots but doesn't get too artsy.

My favorite part was the lower stakes and scale. After seeing larger-budget things with high power levels and world-shattering villains, something about Deadpool living in a run-down shack, fighting street-level baddies, and only having two heroes for backup was refreshing. He feels like a Friendly Neighborhood vigilante with more humble goals and motives. I always love it when writers/directors use constraints to their advantage.

Felt less like a parody to me, more like a superhero movie that knew exactly what it was doing and wasn't afraid to remind people.
>>
Endless budget cuts really cut into my enjoyment. There's, what, one action scene that's more than just two actors slugging each other in the whole fucking thing?
>>
I love that they managed to work in a Bob cameo.

And that dilapidated Helicarrier.
>>
File: deadpool omg.gif (842 KB, 245x310) Image search: [Google]
deadpool omg.gif
842 KB, 245x310
>>83506573

X Gonna Give it to you!
>>
File: twowieners.jpg (7 KB, 246x205) Image search: [Google]
twowieners.jpg
7 KB, 246x205
I liked the part where he got fucked by his girlfriend
>>
It was fun.

I found the character a bit annoying at times, but it was still an enjoyable movie.
>>
>Had to leak the script on /co/ to get it made

Best production history ever.
>>
>>83507647
You're giving us too much credit.
>>
I've never really been a fan of the character but I liked the movie fine. I wouldn't watch it again but it was an enjoyable experience.

The only glaring problem was Deadpool being the only interesting character in the film. The villain was especially bland.
>>
>>83506573
Overall enjoyable movie. My only problem is that it's so saturated with "dirty" jokes that it gets boring and predictable.
>>
It would have been better without the budget cuts

ITs missing a badass motorbike chase and a shoot out that makes the Matrix look dull as fuck. Fucking Fox.
>>
>>83507703
WHAT'S MY NAME!?
>>
I like xmen movies and I found it meh
>>
>>83506573
flashback to his past life bored the living shit out of me

fun character, awful boring af origins
>>
>>83506615
Like a saiyan warrior, it is regrown bigger and stronger.

super penis
>>
I really want to see Gina Carano's naked tits.
>>
>>83508091
That's Deadpool.
>>
>>83507101
Pretty sure he is in Disney's group of rights.

Deadpool will have Cable though. Played by Dolph Lundgren.
Keira Knightley will play Domino, or someone else.
>>
>>83507647
Leak the script and "someome" leaked the cgi test reel. Thanks RR.
>>
This is now thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKj5cJ9_KSg
>>
>>83506615
>He's like a male Harley Quinn.

Modern Harley rips him off, not the other way around.
>>
>>83507703
Its almost as if he's an emotionally dead pscyopath, who is so unfunny he's as dull as the dish soap he stole his name from
>>
>>83507996
FRANCIS
R
A
N
C
I
S
>>
>>83508743
Cable will be played by everyone that wants to play him. Becasue every time Deadpool does something in the past unexpected Cable will vanish and another will appear.
>>
>>83507101
Taskmaster isn't a X-Men or Deadpool character.
>>
>>83507647
>>83508784
>implying it wasn't all a marketing ploy to make the movie as "meta" as possible while saving RR from the Wolverine catastrophe

Yeah, lead actor leaked perfectly edited CGI footage of the best part in the movie, mm-hmm.
>>
>>83506573
It was good
a little more serious than I thought it'd be, but it was his origin story, so that probably explains it
>>
>>83507996
WHO FUCKING CARES?

>tfw you don't know if any of your 4 or 5 moments have came yet
>>
>>83506573
I really liked it but I'm too lazy right now to describe everything I liked in details and what could have been better. But I've seen some good points were made already in this thread
>>
>>83508891
than who?
>>
>>83508902
Well whomever is behind the marketing for Deadpool is a legit Wizard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qIRtFE6aIc
>>
>>83506573
It's good but I have a sinking feeling execs will fucking ruin the sequel
>>
>>83509008
>Not as funny anymore

Who has the balls? They're funnier than ever
>>
I'm kinda glad they didn't go too into meme territory. He only said chimichanga once.

and no stupid "voices in my head" bullshit either.

The 4th wall breaks felt grounded in its reality, quick and simple, to the point, and not constantly following eachother.
>>
>>83509036
Hopefully they know they're not dealing with your average movie here.
>>
>>83509064
I love it when people try to act like they know how a character would act.

So tryhardy.

Fuck, even Ryan Reynolds had to make a quick video telling people to stop trying to get "Deadpool" on SNL.
>>
>Stewart or McAvoy, I always get these timelines confused
It was pretty funny, which is one of the core tenets of making a Deadpool movie, the other being not being a raging faggot
>>
>>83506573

Fun. It was funny, the fight scene's were entertaining, I kept my expectations low and was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. I think they can make a sequel that will be just as good because its a superhero series that doesn't take itself seriously.
>>
>>83506573
It was popular here, just as it was in the world.
The vast majority liked it, but some did not.
>>
File: DEADPOOL.jpg (2 MB, 1334x1334) Image search: [Google]
DEADPOOL.jpg
2 MB, 1334x1334
FRANCIS!
>>
>>83509058
The best voice in the head was the black woman. They made Blind Al black, and they cant use SHIELD so theres no point in having voices, ever.

Waypool never happened.
>>
Eh. My biggest issue was that it wasn't very Deadpool.

Literally any character in any movie would have been this good had it been R-rated and had the same writers.
>>
>>83509115
Though seeing him do those classic Samurai bits would be nice.
>>
About 85% of the humour worked, which honestly surprised me.

The action was pretty solid, as little of it as there was. Making most of it so small-scale actually made the big capsizing scene at the end reasonably effective instead of just boring CGI slop.

The romance actually worked, the whole movie worked as a romantic comedy in a way that most ACTUAL rom-coms don't. Reynolds and Baccarin had great chemistry and they had actual well-written banter instead of post-Apatow generic improv riffing, it was nice to see a comedy with an actual fucking script with jokes in it.

Francis was a perfectly fine villain, he just needed more of an actual plotline around him. He needed an evil plan or empathising big, not just a glorified weapons-manufacturer. But Skrien did a pretty good job playing a gigantic asshole, which is really all that was needed.
>>
>>83506573
pretty good
easily the best X-men solo film
>>
File: can't nig nag the zigzag.png (272 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
can't nig nag the zigzag.png
272 KB, 480x480
>>83509008
>I have to crank out some Deadpool reacts videos since those brothers aren't suing people anymore
>>
It was alright, I guess

Not as great as most people make it out to be, but better than what I expected
>>
>>83506573
it was amazing hopefully the replace singer with the director from deadpool
>>
File: 1464145403711.jpg (103 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1464145403711.jpg
103 KB, 600x600
>that part where his sobbing turns into maniacal laughter
straight up posehnpool
>>
>>83506573
I really liked it and I don't even like most capeshit.
>>
File: 1459051760977.png (370 KB, 506x755) Image search: [Google]
1459051760977.png
370 KB, 506x755
>>83506573
>that part where's he up at night crying
Geez, that shit got to me.
>>
>>83510439
We didn't get to to "It wasn't your fault" yet, but people tend to forget Deadpool can be serious at times.
>>
>>83506573
I laughed a lot. But then again I was drunk off my tits, so I'd have laughed at anything. I'm going with the feeling that I like it, though my memory is fuzzy.
>>
>>83508884
That actually sounds awesome. You could have gags like him turning into a prominent MCU actor for a few seconds.
Or Arnold Schwarzenegger.
>>
>>83506573
After that horrible Wolvering movie and then Green Lantern I didn't think my opinion of Ryan Reynolds could get any lower but this movie was actually pretty awesome. The only thing I didn't like was how Colossus was a complete fucking idiot. He's never been the smartest guy in the room, but this was an all-new low.
Also how the fuck did Ajax immediately know what Wade's mutation was? And why was Wade asking everyone "Where's Francis" instead of "Where's AJAX?" when he knows that Francis tells everyone his name is Ajax?

Oh, and Negasonic Teenage Warhead is the coolest name EVER.
>>
>>83511436
Colossus isn't dumb, he's just such a boy scout that he'd put Supes to shame
>>
>>83508142
Same.
>>
File: 1461085855807.png (129 KB, 494x477) Image search: [Google]
1461085855807.png
129 KB, 494x477
it alright

it not subtle or nuanced but

it alright
>>
>>83511476
It's pretty stupid to not realize that Deadpool has absolutely no intention of changing his ways. Right after DP blows Francis's face apart, Colossus is immediately all "promise me you'll try to do better in the future". Maybe "retardedly naive" would be a better term than "fucking idiot".

I still liked seeing him, though. He was always my favorite X-Man since way back in Uncanny 234 (my first X-book as a kid).
Pic related. The next panel is "...and he's as strong as he looks.", a huge SNAP! sound effect, and a bunch of bystanders looking horrified.
(the guy was Brood infected, there was no way to save him anyway)
>>
Wouldn't say it was great but it was enjoyable.

felt a little overrated to me
>>
>>83511691
Because Colossus is optimistic towards Wade, even more so than Professor X towards Magneto.
>>
>>83506573
Hilarious and original.
>>
>>83511673
>subtle
>Deadpool
>>
>>83511220
>there's a brief moment where Cable is Keira Knightly
>>
>>83506573
Funny; albiet a bit low-brow and meme-tier
>>
>>83506573
>He's like a male Harley Quinn
you're close. Harley was redesigned to be DCpool
>>
>>83508743
eeeh, deadpool is a part of prorperty that fox took, and i believe they took tasky with them too.
>>
>>83514264
Pretty much summed up the movie.
>>
This movie was the first time I laughed at Deadpool anything.
>>
File: 1464199100001.png (177 KB, 542x619) Image search: [Google]
1464199100001.png
177 KB, 542x619
>>83506573
Maximum Effort/10
Way better than I expected.
>>
>>83506573
Pretty good. Faithful to the comics.
>>
>>83514443
I am pretty sure that Taskmaster is not a character tied to Deadpool, he existed long before he was paired with Wade.
>>
>>83516438
>Following an interview where Deadpool director Tim Miller said he would have liked to have seen the Merc with a Mouth go up against Taskmaster, Comicbook.com asked around and learned Taskmaster has reverted back to Marvel after years of resting with Fox. This apparently happened around the same time the studio got Daredevil back in 2013.
They snoozed, they lost.
>>
>>83506573
I thought X-Men Apocalypse was better
>>
>>83508848
But he clearly isn't emotionally dead. That's just something he says to sound cool. He is constantly getting annoyed and angry at Deadpool.
>>
>>83516618
Maybe the point is he tries really really hard to build up his super cool evil image but is so dull he had to get names from soap
>>
I liked it a lot. Still vaguely surprised it was made at all.
>>
I was surprised he got a happy ending, but on the other hand it really feels good to have a movie where the good guy gets the girl (back), no strings attached yet.
Also liked that it wasn't end-of-the-world stakes and overblown "epic" stuff, but just a straightforward story. Could use more of that.
Brolossus was top tier.
>>
The movie could've have been worse, at least 'le meme jokes' were watered down because we had time to get to see and know Wade instead of Deadpool.
>>
I thought it would have been much more Deadpool-y for his girlfriend to be like "Nope, sorry, can't do this" when she saw his mutilated face.

I was a little disappointed that they went with a fairly straight-forward happy ending.
>>
It was good, but I thought it'd be funnier. It wasn't even memes or anything, thank Odin, there just wasn't much humor.
>>
>>83514264
Weak bait anon. Either that or you're posting from an empty theater where they are playing a foreign film about a fucking tree growing because "its art". Either way I hope you have two beautiful children and they both get cancer.
>>
File: hold up hol up it's chill.gif (2 MB, 400x421) Image search: [Google]
hold up hol up it's chill.gif
2 MB, 400x421
>>83511691
To be fair, wasn't Colossus originally with the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants? Even if that's not exactly true in the film canon, he might have still come from a criminal/"evil" background before Xavier came in and showed him how to use his abilities for good.

He's just naively trying to extend the same branch to Deadpool and other mutants.

Plus, it's easy to give people the benefit of the doubt when you're made of metal and most can't touch you without shattering their bones.
>>
In all honesty, probably one of the most faithful, "Comic-to-movie," adaptations ever made. Loved it. It's so surprising that the movie almost made when it sounds like an obvious move to make now. I just wish studios took more risks like that.

One thing I don't like now is the rise of the R-rated superhero movie. Now because of this movie, everyone's going to act like every other superhero movie needs to be R-rated, when they really don't have to be. It worked for Deadpool for obvious reasons, it's not going to work for other superheroes.
>>
File: negasonic.jpg (138 KB, 1600x861) Image search: [Google]
negasonic.jpg
138 KB, 1600x861
X-Men were my favorite parts.

Do we know where in the X-Men timeline this takes place, though? Probably Apocalypse timeline because the end credits show Essex getting the mutant DNA.
>>
>>83508884

That's brilliant.
>>
>>83518669

Well, it's not set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland where Sentinels run rampant, so I'd say it's post-DofP.
>>
File: duo.jpg (263 KB, 1080x1155) Image search: [Google]
duo.jpg
263 KB, 1080x1155
>>83518669
best girls
>>
>>83519068
Wonder if she asked Gina Carano out.
>>
You should star in horror films, because you look like Freddy Kreuger face-fucked a topographical map of Utah
>>
>>83506573
Pretty shitty. A generic blockbuster/superhero movies that tried too hard to come off as edgy. Most of the jokes were meh.
>>
>>83519240

She has a girlfriend.

But on instagram she said she got really wowed.
>>
>>83511691
Good cannot comprehend Crazy.
>>
File: laughingelfman.jpg (19 KB, 288x400) Image search: [Google]
laughingelfman.jpg
19 KB, 288x400
>I'd go with you but I don't wanna
>(After DP leaves) You wanna get fucked up?
>>
>>83524039
That made me kek.

DP's friend was god-tier in that movie. A bit of a dick but still great. Then again almost everyone in that movie was.
>>
>>83525006

>You look like an avocado had sex with an older, more disgusting avocado
>Not gently, like it was hate-fucking. There was something wrong with the relationship, and it was the only catharsis they could find without violence

I hope Weasel's in the sequel
>>
>>83525142
Fucking killed me. I also liked that bit because it seemed like the kind of joke that I'd make and the sort of thing that I'd write.

If you really think about it though, he's partially the reason why all that shit happened to Wade. Kind of a shitty friend, but damn if he wasn't funny.
>>
>>83524039
You forgot.
>>Deadpool pats him on the shoulder
That's what sells the joke for me. Like he's thinking "Yep, completely understand"
>>
It was shit
>>
>>83506573
Awful comedy. Family guy tier one.
Mediocre revenge flick, bad action blockbuster.
Irrelevant and forgettable villain

Muhcostumes/10
>>
>>83507996
Generic villain number 100030 as cool as any random henchmen with a terrible an unfunny meme/gimmick.
>>
It did amazing in domestic, I was mildly entertained throughout and a lot of the jokes were pretty shit, but I'm hoping that we'll be seeing more studios willing to push superhero movies up to the R rating if it's appropriate. Ryan Reynolds clearly campaigned hard for the movie to be made and I'm glad it turned out to be such a success, it's probably the best interpretation of Deadpool we'll ever get to see on the big screen. Something tells me that we'll never see a good Deadpool under Disney.
>>
>>83525333
t. ass blasted DCuck
>>
I honestely didnt think Francis was forgettable. His dynamic with Deadpool was very nice. You could really feel that he was an asshole that Wade hated.

Hes ceirtainly better than pretty much any MCU villain, whom all have no real connections to the heroes at all.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izGwDsrQ1eQ
>>
File: 1314595162817.png (3 KB, 171x140) Image search: [Google]
1314595162817.png
3 KB, 171x140
Is it too much to ask for Deadpool 2 to have T-Ray and deadpool is actually the guy wade was talking with in the not-weapon x facility?
Or is that too batshit?
>>
>>83525851

>your face when it's revealed that Cunningham is T-Ray
>>
I didn't mean to, but I watched it three times. In retrospect the shit jokes kind of work, because deadpool is supposed to be an annoying prick to everyone so his lame tasteless jokes are pretty in character. I mean, I would have liked for some jokes to be better obviously, but it kind of works

>>83525175
hey, he was just trying to advance the plot
>>
I went and saw it on a whim and it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Also got me a little in to the character Deadpool.
>>
>>83526059
>hey, he was just trying to advance the plot

>bet against Wade in the dead pool
>told him about the guy working for Francis who wanted to see him
>accidentally alerted Francis and Angel Dust about Wade's girlfriend and maybe her whereabouts as well (I can't remember)

Yeah it wasn't completely his fault, but he did kind of fuck up a lot.
>>
>>83507466
Technically there were three-four.

Highway shootout, Where's Waldo montage, Colossus vs Angel and Helecarrier fight.
>>
>>83508884
I just know they'll use Keira Knightly to make a jab at comic books genderbending iconic heroes.
>>
>>83507466
Are you implying that two people going at it isn't vastly more satisfying than a "big" action scene?
All the best action scenes in movies are two guys going at it up close and personal for very personal stakes.
>>
>>83526648
I vaguely remember that they cut out from the old script a final shootout with all the weapons Wade has in his bag, but budget couldn't do with it so they made a gag about leaving his guns with Dopender instead.
>>
>>83517166
>It's a good film, but I think the problem was that it didn't stay close enough to the comic.
>!I think YOU'RE the problem!

!Spanish Man, away!

How close was I?
>>
>>83527138
I don't even get the context with Tobey with this translation
>>
File: 1375393972809.gif (497 KB, 300x161) Image search: [Google]
1375393972809.gif
497 KB, 300x161
>>83519068
>"Move closer together so I can get you both in the frame. Move closer... closer... CLOSER!!"
>>
>>83526648
>personal stakes meme

Stop regurgitating /tv/ memes
>>
>>83525851
It'd certainly be comic accurate, but it'd feel like a kick in the dick after the ending.

I really don't want them to do it, but I kind of want them to.

>>83526274
Holy shit, why are they still friends?
>>
I just saw it today, hopping on the train late.

I would have never guessed that Fox would do a serviceable Deadpool movie after mangling Origins, but I also never would have guessed the GOTG movie would be better than the comics contemporaneous with its release (Bendis GOTG). What an era we live in.

Overall great experience, although I'm going to admit that it fit in more with the Deadpool who I'm familiar with Nicieza's Cable and Deadpool rather than the original 90's series, although the difference might be minimal as Nicieza was a lead writer on both titles. I've got no major complaints, only a few nitpicks here and there (Colossus throwing up seemed a bit Family Guy tier, the gore wasn't THAT bad).

I enjoyed Negasonic and Colossus, they were both done pretty much perfect. Also that feel when Francis kept on claiming he "felt nothing" but Wade kept on annoying him. Solid romance, action, would watch again.
>>
>>83527722
>Francis is the reverse of "sticks and stones"

POTTERY
>>
>>83527722
>I would have never guessed that Ryan Reynold would do a serviceable Deadpool movie after Fox mangling Origins
>>
>>83527722
Ryan was at his best as Wade Wilson in the Origins movie. It's not his fault the script demanded something different for his mutation in the final scene (which then, Wade was played by a different second actor)
>>
Only thing it was missing was just one MvC3 reference. Just needed one
>>
>>83506573
Very much enjoyed it.
>>
>>83527722
Cont'd

The only thing I'm "worried" about, and it's more speculation than anything, is to see how Deadpool's success will affect the future of the X-Franchise. Apocalypse is garnering enough money to be considered a hit outside the US, but Deadpool killed in domestic box office and seems to have overall raised the X-Men brand.

IIRC James Gunn expressed some annoyance about how a lot of Hollywood producer types were claiming to "get" what made Guardians so successful, and I'm pretty sure this is already happening to Deadpool (it happened to him in the comics, I remember the gangnam-style covers Marvel pulled).

>>83527860
>>83527896
Agreed that his performance was one of the only enjoyable bits in that movie, no doubt that he could pull off the character. There were serious doubts that Fox could end up producing a quality movie. Their big release prior to Deadpool was Tranktastic 4 and that asset for whatever collection of reasons turned toxic.
>>
>>83506573
Heavily disappointed in the story and final confrontation, but solid jokes and action sequences. It was good, but not great.
>>
>>83527989
That would imply Fox even glanced at Deadpool during the movie's production
>>
>>83518669
>Do we know where in the X-Men timeline this takes place, though?
Deadpol himself said on-screen that he wasn't sure which timeline he is in, when he said "McAvoy or Stewart? These timelines are confusing."
>>
>>83528036
Yeah, 6/10 for me too.

I want to see them with a bigger budget, to which we know they'll have in the sequel
>>
>>83528076
>Yeah, 6/10 for me too.
>I want to see them with a bigger budget,
Fuck off. They may need a small increase so they don't have a cut action scene but "a bigger budget" doesn't mean "a better movie". Plus the director directly addressed this question and said the budget will remain respectable
>>
>>83528098
When I said bigger I didn't mean BvS/XApocalypse-tier.

I just meant more budget for more scenes and retakes.
>>
>>83525365
who was the last good villain in a capeshit movie? Joker?
>>
>>83507438
I miss illustrated posters like this.
>>
>>83528263
Joker hit a lot of cultural resonance, but my personal favorite is probably Mangeto (both Fassbender and McKellen). Although it is debatable to what extent he's a straight-up villain, he's practically an anti-hero at this point.

CONTROVERSIAL OPINION: Cross from Ant-Man was a shit villain and I don't understand why initially most on /co/ seemed to like him.
>>
>>83507438
Who drew this cover?
>>
>>83507673
>>83507647
did this actually happen?
>>
>>83528405
Cross was generic white businessman supervillain, way too similar to other Ironman villains, but in his own way he was corrupted with working with the pym particles and had a connection and slight forgiveness for his mentor, almost a better version of Stark and Obidiah Stane.
>>
>>83528623
It was leaked but I'm unsure that /co/ was the first stop. Maybe /co/ spread the leak.
>>
>>83528641

I want your daddy too
>>
>>83510439

I've seen enough people go through cancer for that part to hit way too close to home.
>>
>>83508743
>Keira Knightley will play Domino
Me and my friend keep saying this because of all the jokes Deadpool could makes since she played a character named Domino already in the film Domino
>>
>>83528786

It wasn't anything serious though, he just had a Liam Neeson dream.

There's been 3 of those films, at some point you have to wonder if he's just a bad father
>>
>>83509064
Source?
>>
>>83509064
Epic
>>
>>83506573
We all love it. Stop making these threads Ryan.
>>
>>83529427
twitter da
>>
>>83532352
Not after you stop posting, Ryan
>>
>>83511436
>And why was Wade asking everyone "Where's Francis" instead of "Where's AJAX?" when he knows that Francis tells everyone his name is Ajax?
Because that was the joke?

He couldn't find Francis because he kept on asking for Francis instead of Ajax. That's the joke
>>
File: LumaPictures_deadpool_8.jpg (83 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
LumaPictures_deadpool_8.jpg
83 KB, 1200x675
>>83506573
I thought Deadpool was a bit too sane and good, also him suddenly turning ugly as a side effect I really didn't like, they could've at least thrown in a line how his skin cells divide to fast or aomething like that to explain it. Pretty good other than that.
>>
>>83526274
Fair point
He was just trying to advance the plot, and had no idea who the guy was
Angel took Wade's picture off the wall, he did nothing and he isn't exactly a fighter. Blame the Mercs in the room who did nothing.
>>
>>83532881
>, they could've at least thrown in a line how his skin cells divide to fast or aomething like that to explain it.
They did?

Francis said "Your regeneration is stacking your cancer cells as fast as they can form"
Or something along those lines, right after Wade mutated in the Air-deprivation thing.
>>
>>83532881

I haven't read much of DP's stuff, but the line about Colossus taking him back to the Professor made me wonder if a telepath's ever tried to see what's going on in his head?

I know the Penance Stare doesn't work on him for some reason
>>
>>83532949
But he doesn't have skin cancer in the movie, does he?
>>
>>83532976
He has Cancer in his Brain, Liver, Lungs, and Prostate I think.

And Comic Logic, if the Cancer completely covered one Organ, it moves to the next.
>>
>>83506573
It was okay you saw the trailers you have pretty much seen the movie.
>>
>>83532976
He most definitely has cancer. They were able to bribe him into the program by offering a way to cure his cancer, remember?
>>
>>83532962
I assume same reason it doesn't work on Frank; maybe he doesn't feel guilty about it?
Or maybe it's just him being a special kinda crazy.
>>
>>83532962
Cancer and constant regen of cells make him immune to mind probes.
>>
>>83506573
i didn't think it was bad. it was nice to see colossus get a decent amount of screen time. but i didn't laugh at any of the jokes.
>>
File: dpktmu.jpg (695 KB, 1071x1599) Image search: [Google]
dpktmu.jpg
695 KB, 1071x1599
>>83532962
>>
>>83533015
But not SKIN cancer. Brain, lungs, prostate, something else, not skin. He's ugly in comics because of skin cancer.
>>
>>83533018
Penance Stare doesn't work based on guilt, it works based on how much pain you've inflicted on innocents. It didn't work on Frank either because of his angel affiliations, or just shitty writing and jobbing.
>>
>>83527221
You wouldn't have to ask Hildebrand twice. Carano might be her kinda woman.

Speaking of Romance.

http://movieweb.com/deadpool-movie-tops-amazon-romance-chart/

I really want to meet the movies marketing wizard.
>>
>>83533094
Wasn't Deadpools out is that he punishes himself for his past than anything Ghost Rider could do.
>>
>>83507466
That's why the action was so good in this though.

Age of Ultron style fights where everything is CGI are cool but boring, whereas stuff like the Bucky chase in Civil War is fucking awesome.
>>
>>83508884
Man, get your ass to Hollywood.
>>
>>83533165
I'm not sure. It can't be insanity, because it's worked on Madcap.
>>
>>83533201
Its what I'm working on right now. Hollywood via Burbank but a start.
>>
>>83511691
I got the impression that Colossus was just like "eh, in hindsight that WAS a BAD guy... whatever, don't do anything stupid Wade, or I'll come for ya"
>>
>>83519068
>docking
>>
>>83506573
It reminds me a lot of Sam Rami's Spider-Man where it came out at the right time and does a good job at being what it is despite it's limitations.

It's probably going to age like shit though.
>>
>>83507438
yeah the smaller scope was nice. It wasnt anything world shattering, just deadpool trying to get revenge and fix his face so he can go back to his girl
>>
>>83528405
Cross was basically just every Iron Man villain we've had before, but he actually stayed cool once he got the suit.
>Do I look like a monster?
>I want your daddy too.
>I'M GOING TO DISINTEGRATE YOU.
>Dat bugzapper scream
>>
>>83518725

Key to it is you've got to have some counterpunch to Cable's high and mighty "Mission". Odd mundane things that trigger the changes, nothing earth shattering. Just random stuff with no explanation I think would be best.

Maybe Cable #3 catches on and tells Wade to "Quit *blink* it" and then we get Keira Cable for a bit. till something triggers a reset to Cable Prime.
>>
>>83533271
Yes shorty knows what she's doing an is loving it.
>>
>Discover Deadpool as a kid through Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Hulk VS Wolverine
>This guy is fucking great
>Waypool happens, internet finds out about him
>Oh no
>Literally becomes Meme Man
>Enjoy classic Deadpool, but fuck if I can be vocal about it, lest I get looped in with the cancer kiddies
>Posehn/Duggan run makes things better in comics, but he's still mainstream le so random wacky guy
>This movie happens
>Literally don't know what to think of it, split 50/50 on the trailers
>See it opening night
>mfw it's perfect
>mfw this is the version of Deadpool casuals are gonna latch onto
>mfw Waypool is dead and buried forever
>mfw it's finally okay to like Deadpool again
>>
>>83533373
jesus christ how insecure are you
>>
>>83533373
Pretty sure the casual consensus of Deadpool now is "Guy who likes to say fuck a lot and makes endless sex jokes" compared to "Guy who makes references jokes with a hint of schizophrenia".
>>
>>83533373
Waypool isn't completely buried yet. My casual as fuck college roommate loved the shit out of Waypool, but I think Waypool is definitely dying off.
>>
>>83533049

why does Charles go braindead trying to read him?
>>
>>83506573
https://youtube.com/watch?v=HDMJpsDNg28
>>
>>83533561
Deadpool kills the marvel universe.

Everyone's plot armor goes negative and dies in mostly stupid grim ways, like Spider-Man getting shot by a gun at close range.
>>
>>83533373
>Discover Deadpool through internet
>Find Cable & Deadpool series
>Share it with friend
>Both of us love it
>Don't really think about anything other than how much we love the stories we found
>Consider ourselves fans
>Deadpool movie comes out, we both go on opening day
>Love it to death
>Actually yell in approval at post-credits scene mentioning Cable
>No one else at screening seems to know why we're so hyped
>>
>>83533018
Deadpool has inhumanly severe chronic pair. sticking Penance Stare on top of that just bumps his suffering from a ten to an eleven, and most injuries don't even register
>>
>>83511691
>Deadpool has absolutely no intention of changing his ways
well Colossus knows that Deadpool is out for revenge, and Francis is the last person on Deadpool's revenge list. He's not like Punisher whose mission has no end. Colossus decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a chance to either settle down or become a proper hero.

and odds are Deadpool 2 will show him as having done not much of anything right up until Vanessa gets kidnapped and turned into Domino
>>
>>83533403
>If people are talking about being "THAT guy" and you don't know what they're talking about... YOU'RE "THAT GUY"
>>
>>83533405
Honestly, I'd prefer "swears and enjoys fucking Morena Baccarin" Deadpool to "LMAO DUCTAPE DUCTAPE CHIMICHANGA GANGAM STYLE LE EPIC WIN" Deadpool.

The "talking to himself in thought boxes" shit is pure cancer, it's honestly the reason I can't play the Deadpool game. It looks like it plays just fine, but the humor is so fucking cringey.
>>
>>83533629
>tfw you're the only person in the theater who gets audibly excited at "...BOB?!"
>>
>>83533699
I'm guessing DP2 will have a montage over him doing *some* heroic deeds while leaving the scene or city in disarray, or him doing shady business only to show that in the end he was actually helping out some crippled or poor people
>>
>>83533699
>Vanessa gets kidnapped and turned into Domino
But I thought she was Copycat?

>yfw Deadpool 2 opens with a reveal that Vanessa was actually a dude who could shapeshift the whole time
>Wade isn't upset it's a guy, he just feels hurt about being lied to this whole time and ends the relationship, feeling damaged and used
>Tries to kill himself, enter Lady Death, the new love interest
>"ours is a love that spans across studios, a love more powerful that copyright claims and film rights"
>>
>>83533730
My friend and I looked at each other with the biggest shit-eating grins when that happened. That movie was a genuine bonding moment, and we have a lot of those.
>>
>>83533721
I wish they'd tone down the swears because there's better ways to moderate and improve an R rated dialogue without making it sound like he just found out how to swear, like in "Negasonic Teenage What The Shit" sounds horribly implemented while "Finish fucking him the fuck up" sounds bad on its own if not for the next few lines between him and Colossus.
>>
>>83533782
I honestly thought Bob was the other cancer guy at Ajax's clinic until I rewatched that TGI Fridays line in the beginning.

Either way it's a shame he won't be known as Hydra Bob, unless its respelled like High D.R.A Bob.
>>
>>83533784
I kinda agree.
The movie was mostly hilarious, but the few jokes that didn't hit were all the ones where it felt like they were ad-libbing and just resorted to swearing.

It's satisfying to swear, and it can be done SUPER well (see Planes, Trains, and Automobiles), but it gets old fast. Loses its gravitas very easily.
>>
>>83533776
>I thought she was Copycat
Right, my bad
>>
>>83526597
>>83508884
What if they do Enema of the State and Phalanx time line Cable is Betty White
>>
>>83533817
They actually tried improvising during the "You look like the inside of other people's assholes" in the deleted scenes, showing that Weael ended up making up dialogue of muddled swears and rehashed sex jokes and gave up midway.
>>
>>83533845
Well she'd do well to star in at least one Deadpool movie. She was part of the marketing in the youtube previews giving it a 4/4 rating.
>>
>>83533806
speaking of that guy, I legit expect him to come back as T Ray in DP 2 or 3. the whole thing of them exchanging life stories while they were next to each other allows for him to claim DP only knows enough about Wade Wilson to convince himself he is him because he's the one who told him all the details

there's issues of how DP's voice and appearance still strongly resemble how he was before his healing factor, but it's easy enough to come up with some bullshit excuse or another
>>
File: 1389159511851.gif (2 MB, 230x250) Image search: [Google]
1389159511851.gif
2 MB, 230x250
>>83533817
or even just 11 minutes of Malcolm Tucker.
>"Oh excuse me, come the fuck in or fuck the fuck off."
>>
>>83533876
If Ryan would want it, he could make himself even more ugly, either as a reference to Deadpool having multiple artists depict his ugliness or even as a continuity where his face, the more it gets fucked up by anything, the more it starts to get deformed, something resembling Jason Vorhees.
>>
>>83533921
>he's way more hideous than in the first movie
>Weasel asks if he's somehow gotten uglier
>'Nah, you just weren't looking close enough. I don't blame you. That's how Al went blind.'
>>
>he's way more hideous than in the first movie
>Weasel asks if he's somehow gotten FUCKING uglier
>'Nah, you just weren't looking close enough. I don't blame you. That's how Al went blind.'
>"you look like something fucked or got fucking by something else really fucking hard, like fucked so bad"
>"Thanks"
>"Like somebody or something unexpected was fucking it and this lead to it becoming more physically deformed somehow"
>"I get it, uh huh"
>"FUCK"
Fixed.
>>
File: 1381137671532.jpg (45 KB, 530x518) Image search: [Google]
1381137671532.jpg
45 KB, 530x518
>>83533941
>That's how Al went blind

That's the best way to make a joke about it while Wade drowns in whiskey over how gorgeous his fiance is and ponders over why he deserved such a woman.
>>
>>83533980
Sadly, that's probably how they'll do it.
Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.