[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3
File: Bebop and Rocksteady movie.jpg (76 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Bebop and Rocksteady movie.jpg
76 KB, 1024x768
Why are people giving this pile of bullshit a pass?
>>
>>83472316
Why did people give the 80's cartoon a pass?
>>
Why the fuck do you care?
>>
>>83472316
Because people feel sad for Stephen Amell
>>
>>83472316
Please tell me it's better than the first one...
>>
>>83472316
Standards are low for tmnt
>>
>>83472316
Haven't seen it yet but possibly because the first one set the bar so low.
>>
>>83473366
It really isn't, it's only about ten minutes longer than the last one but it pads itself so much it feels way longer this time.
>>
>>83472316
It's like Transformers.
It's trash, it gets trashed, but it's entertaining.
>>
>BECAUSE IT'S LIKE MUH CARTOON SO THAT MAKES IT OK
>>
Nostalgia
>>
>>83473534
How is it not.
>>
>>83472316
They are?
>>
>>83472316
Because "le fun".
>>
>>83472316
because the story is four mutated bipedal turtles are raised by a fancy rat that learn nijitsu from a thrown away book about it, going up against a ninja army, a humaniod warthog and rhino and denominational alien race.

I don't think anyone bought a ticket and expected Civil War quality in cape films
>>
the ninja turtles haven't been good since the original comic
>>
>>83472316
Because they're fans of the 80s cartoon and Out of the Shadows is basically that.
>>
>>83472316
That would imply anyone's going to see it.
>>
>>83473715
>IDW comics
>>
>>83473656
>Civil War quality
Maximum bait.
>>
>>83473546
How is it not OK or how is it not like the cartoon?
>>
>>83472316
Why is the CGI bad? Hasn't technology evolved enough to make it look good by now? Where is the money going?
>>
>>83473715
Fuck off, IDW is great and the new cartoon, while having problems, is solid.

The new movie was bad, really bad. But it had some slightly redeeming things, I think Bebop & Rocksteady had a few good lines, the Fugitoid cameo was cool, and I actually liked Tyler Perry as Baxter Stockman.
>>
>>83473762
>Where is the money going
marketing, and the bloated paychecks of A-list actors
>>
>>83472316
Okay, out with it. Would someone behind all this ambiguous outrage just say what went wrong?
Haven't seen the movie but if it's really as terrible as I'm hearing someone who has should be able to pin point why it should be avoided. I've got nothing better to do this week and I was hoping the B&R vs Turtles fights would at least be interesting to see on screen.
>>
>>83473762
The first movie got a huge problem about creating uncanney valley with the turtles CGI details. So with this one they said "fcuk it we are going full cartoony" and i personaly agree with that decision.
>>
Will critics ever get over their hateboner for Michael Bay?
>>
>>83473880
Baxter Stickman? Where? All I saw was black nerd comedy
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3024x3024
I watched it yesterday and was kind of disappointed. Even after I had low expectations I guess that first trailer gave me hope. They did fix a few things wrong with the first movie but added several more. The pandering was a little too strong and there were just too many new characters at once. There was more turtles focus but strangely there was a stronger emotional impact in the first one. The first movie had highs and lows but this one stayed in the middle the whole way.

positives
>bebop and rocksteady were pretty solid
>effects and cgi were great
>less megan fox
>more tmnt
>neat turtle movement sequences

negatives
>weak casey jones
>too many new characters so there wasn't enough focus
>hardly any fight sequences
>too much focus on comedy
>extremely anticlimatic ending/"fight"
>shredder is a huge part of the plot yet theres no fight with him

It's great that they listened to the critisims of the first movie but overall it was more underwhelming than the first. The first had some breathtaking scenes and fights. Everything was over too quickly in the sequel.
>>
>>83474200
HOL UP
Who's your favorite turtle? Also thanks for the sort of review.
>>
>>83474264

Kinda boring but Leo is my favorite turtle. He was actually kinda weak voicewise compared to j.knoxville from the first. The movie is still pretty fun if you're a fan of the series. I just would not recommend it to anyone else but fans.
>>
>>83472316
>Dude, you're bringing back to mohawk. God for you!
>Y'all got jokes, huh?
Short exchange, but it pretty much sold me.
>>
>>83472316

Because Bebop and Rocksteady were pretty great.
>>
First act was meh
Second act was good
final act was shitty as the first film.

The purple ooze plotline was easily the best part of the film.

The technodrome pieces part sucked ass

Turtles vs Beebop and Rocksteady was pretty shit, not deserving of the hype.

Shredder plotline resolve was shit.

I believe I saw a triceraton.

better than the first film as it actually gave the turtles actual character development.

Who would have thought that letting the turtles be the main characters of their own film was a good idea.
>>
>>83473656
>he never experience good tmnt
>>
>>83472316
Go back to Technodrome forums faggot.
>>
>>83475255
>only technodrome memebers hate shit
>on 4chan, where everyone hates everything.
>>
File: angry-kid3-1024x682.jpg (79 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
angry-kid3-1024x682.jpg
79 KB, 1024x682
>>83472316
>Why do people keep liking things I don't like?!?!

>gfgjfgjlkfjgklfjgklfjglkfjf
>>
>>83472333
Because the first couple episodes were actually amazingly good.
>>
>>83474941

I dunno man, I felt like the turtle development was kind of weak and a little forced. One of the more disappointing points for me. Everything just felt so rushed.
>>
>>83475645
It's okay to hate people for liking Micheal Bay films.
>>
>>83475953

He's only the producer though.
>>
>>83472316
MY MAN!
>>
>>83473656
The basic story is mutant ninja turtles fight a shadow-war in New York against a japanese dude decked out in blades and his army of ninja...does this movie deliver that? I know the FIRST one didn't.
>>
>>83473715
Archie TMNT Adventures issues 27-71 and IDW.
>>
>>83476114
they fight Krang in this one. So no. Casey's in it, but he's basically just April O'neil with a dick. Heard it was shit, expected it to be shit, but also heard that it was entertaining for what it was.
>>
>>83474200
>too many new characters so there wasn't enough focus
I feel like everyone keeps falling into this exact same trap over and over again.
>X-Men 3
>Spider-Man 3
>ASM 2
>BvS
Stop introducing a bajillion fucking characters and concepts and potential storylines in your 2 hours long movie and instead focus on developping one or two storylines/concepts. Stop spreading your narrative too thin by having to keep up with what Villain/Hero B, C and D are up to
>>
>>83475645
>pic related: people who like the new TMNT movies
>>
>>83472333
>Why did people give the 80's cartoon a pass?

Because I was four years old when it started airing.
>>
I think /co/ is just mad that someone is bringing back the Mohawk. I say good for him!
>>
>tfw I'm probably the only one itt that liked the movie
not a great movie but there were lots of great aspects
>Bebop and Rocksteady are Bros
>Humor wasn't too focused on pop culture references aside from a short quip from Mikey
>Not a crazy amount of focus on Megan Fox
>Casey Jones was okay
>Baxter was great
>Krang was forced but was great to watch
say what you will about the CGI or the designs of the turtles, but I've gotten past that already, the film achieve what they want to do and do it well. It certainly is a step up from the first one and doesn't focus too much on exposition, and while that backfires during some points of the film, it's fast paced action and turtles being turtles which is what I wanted to see.
>>
>>83475899
>a little forced.
it's a fictional movie, it's all forced.
>>
There's been one good Ninja Turtles movie ever. It's like complaining about Transformers, anyone who ever really cared has moved on by now.
>>
>>83476565

there was hardly any ninja action AT ALL though. what the fuck?

They got the Foot clan right at least but I'm so disappointed in the fight scenes. At least in the first film the Shredder/Splinter fight was badass and they did a bit of fighting with shredder at the end.

It would've been perfect if each turtle had someone to fight like Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, and Shredder. They had the perfect set up but just blew it.
>>
>>83476653

You know what I mean. Everything was resolved way too conviniently and fast without any sort of satisfying end(compared to the first movie at least).
>>
>>83476752
>There's been one good Ninja Turtles movie ever.
Two. The first movie and the CGI film which was basically a dropped story arc from the mystic season of the 2k3 cartoon.
>>
>>83476899
I'll give you that, it sort of reminds me of what happened with TMNT 2 Secret of the Ooze with more comedy can reduced violence, but personally I liked the Bebop/Rocksteady fight and the Krang fight, as short winded as they were.
I'm hoping the 3rd film is better, but I wont hold my breath.
>>
>>83476899
The Brazil fight and chase was pretty good.

So was the Shredder Convoy opener

Kraang was just a bit too silver to make his final battle clear.
>>
>>83477020

I do really hope they give it another go. I just want more interesting and cool fights. Everything else is okay. I'm glad they just full on embraced the cartoony-ness of the property.

>>83477041

The Brazil sequence was good but the truck mountain scene in the first movie was mich better to me.
>>
I haven't heard a single person "giving it a pass." It has a 36% on RT.

Or is it simply that OP considers 27% to be the new standard?
>>
>>83477041

Just Krang. The text in the movie shows him as Krang.
>>
>>83476355
aren't you the ultimate joke teller, kid
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.