[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man i just saw The Return Of Slade and its amazing how funny
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: The_Return_of_Slade_Image16.png (3 MB, 1916x1076) Image search: [Google]
The_Return_of_Slade_Image16.png
3 MB, 1916x1076
Man i just saw The Return Of Slade and its amazing how funny and spot on was all the deal with the clown. The writers were literally saying fuck you to all of /co/ who still critize this show saying how fun the original used to be compare to the new one and how we are not the Demographic of this series.
>>
File: 1464732228170.jpg (19 KB, 239x207) Image search: [Google]
1464732228170.jpg
19 KB, 239x207
>>83471725
>Return Of Slade
>Funny
>>
>>83471725
You know the first time they might've made a good point but the second and third? that's just being extremely salty that nobody like your show
>>
>>83471778
Pfffft well dude someones gotta fucking like it becouse Its been on for awhile now
>>
>>83471725
It was actually the worst way to deal with the criticism in my opinion.

The whole deal with the clown is to paint that child-appropriate cartoons should only be for kids and any attempt to appeal to an adult audience will make it edgy and not safe for children to watch.

According to this episode's logic, the entire community of adults that watch children's cartoons (including this board) shouldn't exist.

All the episode needed to do to save itself was to firstly, not generalize the one clown (TTG) as being like all other clowns and secondly, have the clown only try to be more appealing to BB and Cyborg. That way, it would still bring across its message without taking into account every other cartoon as well.
>>
>>83474090
>The whole deal with the clown is to paint that child-appropriate cartoons should only be for kids and any attempt to appeal to an adult audience will make it edgy and not safe for children to watch.

Pretty much this, yes.

This idea of "oh, it's a KIDS show, we don't have to put any effort into it!" is what will lead to your cartoon being forgotten within 1-2 years after it finishes airing.

As shows like Yo Gabba Gabba, The Muppets, or the horse show prove, you don't need to make a cartoon dark or edgy or complex or violent in order to make it appealing to adults. You just need to have clever writing and actually likable characters, for the most part.
>>
OH BOY ITS ANOTHER TTGO THREAD. I WONDER IF IT WILL BE THE SAME SHIT AS THE LAST 500
>>
>>83472673
Therefore, post movie SpongeBob episodes are BRILLIANT!
>>
>>83476677
>>83474727
>>83474090
The comedy is for 6 year old children not for manchildren
>>
I know a lot of you lack jobs, or hobbies, or girlfriends, or anything that'd help you make a valuable use of the precious little time you have here on Earth...

But can you stop being so fucking obvious about it?
>>
>>83477294
So why do they put in so many references to older things that 6 year olds don't and won't understand?
Why would they get the exact same voice actors when newer ones would be more cheap, ala new PPG?
Why would they keep the costume designs the same, have the characters act like shells of their previous series personalities, why have so many things in common with a series the average 6 year old (or the average 6-13 year old) wouldn't get?
>>
>>83477478
>I willingly socialize with people who lack jobs, hobbies, or girlfriends, or anything else
>but I'm better than them because I enjoy a specific cartoon
anon, please
>>
>>83477640
No. My thing is, if I don't like a cartoon I don't watch it. Because modern technology gives me the ability to watch any show I want, and because I'd rather enjoy 20 minutes than be pissed off over them, I have no reason to worry about bad cartoons.
>>
>>83471725
To be fair, theyve done a couple episodes as well saying that the old show was way better.

So they'll basically say anything to stir people up.
>>
>>83477611
Quit being pedantic. It's a children's show, the 6-year olds thing was a hyperbole, obviously. Kids between 6 - 12 still think it's hilarious the same way we used to think KaBlam! was fucking great even though our parents thought it was just random nonsensical shit.
>>
File: image.png (152 KB, 900x615) Image search: [Google]
image.png
152 KB, 900x615
>>83477294
That general mindset is toxic because it that mindset, if followed through, leads to an executive focused industry where the vast majority of the entertainment products are lowest common denominator grabbing cash grabs that are lazy and don't try to appeal beyond their target audience. Look at what happened to the vidya industry after corporate suits took control of the creative direction of the industry and decided to target most of their games exclusively to dude bros and children.

For an example of a show similar to TTG but tries to appeal to a wider audience, S2+ Gumball is a good example. The characters in both shows can be many times jerks to each other and much of the humor is sadistic. Unlike TTG though, Gumball seems to know how much sadisticness it can put into an audience before they don't want to watch the show anymore. Thus Gumball moderate the sadisticness, mixes several styles of humor which keeps it unpredictable and gives the characters traits that keep them somewhat likable, all that from what I've seen, TTG fails to do.
>>
>>83477294
Doesn't manchildren mean men that enjoy things meant for children?
>>
>>83478665
This
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.